Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It (19489 Views)

Indian Python Tries To Swallow An Antelope (Picture) / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / I Teach You How To Build An Inverter With With The Battery Charger And How To Build The Transformer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by badoist(m): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2013
A concerned father has told how his daughter's iPad charger exploded in his hand giving him a massive electric shock which he believes 'would have killed her'.

Tim Gillooley, 34, said he was thrown across the room and left with blackened fingers when he reached down to unplug the device at his mother's house in Widnes, Cheshire.

And he believes his eight-year-old daughter Chloe would most likely have been killed had it been her, instead of him, who had touched the device.

According to Mr Gillooley Chloe asked him to unplug the charger on his way back from the bathroom on Saturday last weekend.

He told the Daily Mirror: 'There was a huge bang and it blew me across the room. I was in shock.

'I was hysterically laughing for about two minutes. It was a bad shock that went down my arm. My mum was panicking and Chloe burst into tears.

'Nine times out of 10, Chloe would have gone to get it herself. I think it would have killed her.'

Mr Gillooley, from Warrington, bought the iPad for Chloe's birthday last November from the Apple store in Liverpool.

But some months later it began to develop charging problems and he returned it to the store but was told there was nothing wrong with the charger or the device.

They purchased a new genuine Apple charger complete with lightening cable in the hope it would solve the problem but it continued.

He added: 'We were big fans of Apple but I won't let my daughter near her iPhone if it's a ticking time bomb.'

Apple - who have requested Mr Gillooley send them the remains of the charger for examination - are yet to comment.

Last month a Chinese air stewardess Ma Ailun, 23, was reportedly killed by an electric shock when she answered a call on her iPhone 5 while it was recharging.

Apple said they have launched an investigation into the claims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2403637/Eight-year-olds-iPad-charger-exploded-fathers-hand-giving-huge-electric-shock-killed-her.html

1 Like

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by weazley(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2013
wats wit dis illuminati gadjets and explosion sef, na wa,
wow am FTC, on a FP maTEAria, I feel blessed, *bows head and waves* asantesana asantesana.
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Ichliebedich(f): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
undecided
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nehemiah459(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
What is the meaning of 8yrs>IPad blah blah blah? Did you pay for it? The man will boastfully say IPaid>is it your money?
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
An 8 year old girl does not need an ipad.

Go outside and play with the trees angry

34 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by missystephen: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hmm! Apple? Noted. Anyway I made it to the first five today.
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Eneze1(f): 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
what is happening to this device, Apple needs to carry out a thorough investigation in regards to this before it spoils their sales
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by ashile(m): 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hmmm

Sue em apple

Thank God for the child
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
He's not smiling at all!!! grin
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Dee60: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Shaina!

1 Like

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by abfan(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
apple gadgets exploding..... Perfectly normal
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
this one apple products just dey explode?? apple wan sign together with bokoharam

and 2...

8 years old wit ipad
thunder fire devil,...

when i dey 8 years old i never even dream of nokia tourch light

5 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Baba Chloe! 8 year old with ipad?! No wonder she swell like "OSHODI POF POF"

The girl is still supposed to be using slate na!

Better buy her techno if u no wan kill her!

6 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Willgates(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
w undecided embarassedetin 8yr old con need PAD for?

Na like Dat girls dey quick see menses for Yankee?

2 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Eneze1: what is happening to this device, Apple needs to carry out a thorough investigation in regards to this before it spoils their sales
I believe they are being sabotaged by an enemy from within. Remember they were equally ruthless on their way up. Someone is climbing and will have to pull them down to get to that top
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by constance500: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
grin if na 4 naija...dem go say na boko haram phone.

1 Like

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by marialucia(f): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
8 year old don get ipad na wao oo
End time things ;DEnd time things
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Ichie11(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
hmmmmm! front page things. busy with my dancing practice grin
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
An 8 year old with an Ipad! Lucky girl! angry
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by brownlord: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na that toy when i dey see so that stewpid man carry Ipad of how much put for e hand so, the thing for kill am self. useless people
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hmm, samsung is still da bomb.
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Me wey no fit afford am nko? undecided
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by judedwriter(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na wa o...ordinary charger blow, e come hold am if na bomb. My BB charger 2 blow weeks ago nd it wasn't so serious; tnx 2 God I wasn't close 2 it when it exploded wink
adaobi123: An 8 year old girl does not need an ipad.

I wonder oh... She even needs to cut down on her weight... kai!

3 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
adaobi123: An 8 year old girl does not need an ipad.

Lol grin This is 2013.

4 Likes

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Abbey2sam(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Is he trying to discredit apple product?
8yrs old, ipad
Smh
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Signs of the end times.

1 Like

Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Flexskillz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na wetin explode u hold for hand like dat? Everything including the panel looks in place. More like it blew open!!! Abi?
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
ledafaze:

I wonder oh... She even needs to cut down on her weight... kai!

Exactly !!

This is why child obesity is increasing.
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
looking for compensation?
Re: Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It by peculiar17(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
Y una children no go spoil,u dey buy ipad 4an 8yr old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Six-Legged Robot Expertly Skis Down A Slope In China (Video & Pics) / Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator / Nigeria's Team Wins At Huawei ICT Competition, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.