Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? (1039 Views)

Beware: Interview With An Occultic Nairalander Prowling For Members In Nl / Nairaland Phone Section Now Has A Moderator! / Censorship: Good or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by plaetton: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is new and extremely insulting. I thought Maclatunji had been removed from this section as mod.
Have we gone frying pan into fire?

I have just had a part my title for a post removed, and a whole paragraph yanked off my opening comments.
This is as silly and immature as it gets. I am great offended and outraged at this sordid enactment of negative history.
This id an online forum for the unfettered expression of free speach.

If I break any rules, I rather face the consequences than to have my words altered or removed. That US the equivalent of a physical assault on my person.
I would prefer that my post be completely removed than to be edited. You have no right to do that, to diminish my opinion on your own whims, you coward.
So, whoever was the half witted nut that did has committed religious violence against me.
That violates all rules. That belongs in the animals kingdom, and not among civilized humans.
I demand that this matter be investigated by Seun and an apology rendered.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by tobechi74: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ajibam, he is correct. Very correct.
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Once Again, Science and common sense are giving
several painful lashes to god, or at least, the
ridiculous notion of god.

You said that

to express your mind does not give you any privilege to abuse another person's God
If you are an atheist! You don't have right to say any insult to christian God or muslim...you may criticise but not abuse...

If I pardon that,,more will come
It is just a warning,,second time may not be pardonable..
God bless
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
If you feel this is insultive,and you need to Be Respected!!

Respect other people's God even if You don't worship one,,criticise but don't use insultive words
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Enigma(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
@Ajibam

The kind of action/language you had to address is the kind of things that juveniles, people who are a bit slow, people who want to "feel amongst" and the like etc do!

Let me warn you that they do much worse and will do much worse. There is no morality or decency in atheism, so anything goes.

Edited
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
But then again, these savvy carpetbaggers have
ingenious ways

You still go on saying that in the post

This is a forum!!check the meaning in your dictionary..it is not a place of abuse or insult in The Name of posting a topic
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ajibam: If you feel this is insultive,and you need to Be Respected!!

Respect other people's God even if You don't worship one,,criticise but don't use insultive words

AJIBAM I AM A XTIAN BUT I WILL SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.IF GOD WHO HAS THE CAPACITY TO STRIKE HIM DOWN IS TOLERANT,WE MORTALS SHOULD EQUALLY STRIVE TO BE LIKE HIM.

PLEASE DO NOT STRIFLE INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSION ON THIS SECTION IN THES PIRIT OF PROTECTING THE XTIAN GOD.IT IS FROM THIS DISCUSSIONS THAT ATHEISTS WOULD BE CONVERTED.

IN THE MEDIEVAL ERAS XTIAN PHILOSOPHERS LIKE THOMAS AQUINAS AND THEIR LIKES WERE MUCH ENGAGED IN INTELLECTUAL DISSCUSSIONS WITH ATHEISTS AND THEIR LIKES.LETZ NOT BE INTOLERANT IKE SOME MUSLIMS.
EJOOR ,PLEASE DO NOT KILL THIS SECTION

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
Enigma: @Ajibam

The kind of action/language you had to address is the kind of things that juveniles, people who are a bit slow, people who want to "feel amongst" and the like etc do!

Let me warn you that they do much worse and will do much worse. There is no morality or decency in atheism, so anything goes.

Edited

If there is truly None!!they should not bring it on nairaland,,nairaland has designed rules and Regulations you must follow!!

No sin where there is No law!!!

No 2 rule
Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/
provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland
member.

Your post Will provoke other people serving the the God you are talking About
The title says Science Flogs
God Again
. Measles Outbreak At Kenneth Copeland Megachurch

That will provoke them

No.3 rule
Don't advocate or encourage violent actions
against any person, tribe, race, or group of
people

You broke that rule too..
You broke two SOLID rule!!!
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

AJIBAM I AM A XTIAN BUT I WILL SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.IF GOD WHO HAS THE CAPACITY TO STRIKE HIM DOWN IS TOLERANT,WE MORTALS SHOULD EQUALLY STRIVE TO BE LIKE HIM.

PLEASE DO NOT STRIFLE INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSION ON THIS SECTION IN THES PIRIT OF PROTECTING THE XTIAN GOD.IT IS FROM THIS DISCUSSIONS THAT ATHEISTS WOULD BE CONVERTED.

IN THE MEDIEVAL ERAS XTIAN PHILOSOPHERS LIKE THOMAS AQUINAS AND THEIR LIKES WERE MUCH ENGAGED IN INTELLECTUAL DISSCUSSIONS WITH ATHEISTS AND THEIR LIKES.LETZ NOT BE INTOLERANT IKE SOME MUSLIMS.
EJOOR ,PLEASE DO NOT KILL THIS SECTION

That's why I didn't take any action against it..
I just edited it so that it Won't cause Argument
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by cyrexx: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ajibam,

What do you think when atheists are called fools, even quoting Ps 14:1
What do you think when Enigma said atheists have no morals or decency and "are a bit slow"

It is these actions that are called INSULTS. These are the real insults.

*edited*
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Ajibam: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
cyrexx: Ajibam,

What do you think when atheists are called fools, even quoting Ps 14:1
What do you think when Enigma said atheists have no morals or decency

It is these actions that are called INSULTS. These are the real insults.

Okay sir
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by cyrexx: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
And please do not close this thread prematurely.

Address this issue squarely and fairly:

If atheists are not allowed to air their opinion that clash with christian beliefs, then christians should not be allowed to air their opinions that clash with the atheist's belief too.

The same rule should apply across board. Cos atheists are nairalanders too.

Please take note.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by tobechi74: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ajibam; as a mod, you have a duty to clear nairaland off any thrash that goes against its laid down rule.

However, modifying ones speech is not acceptable. Substituting ones original word for another could be a criminal offence

you could have hidden that sentence or the entire post, not changing his word plz

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by alphascorpio(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
tobechi74: Ajibam; as a mod, you have a duty to clear nairaland off any thrash that goes against its laid down rule.

However, modifying ones speech is not acceptable. Substituting ones original word for another could be a criminal offence

you could have hidden that sentence or the entire post, not changing his word plz
Seconded.
Re: Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? by Kslib(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ajibam!! Are you missing the guy's point or what? He said his post should be cleared/yanked off completely rather than edit it..
To me,what you did was "very very very wrong".. Why edit part of his post cos you have the power to do so?
Who gave you the right to temper with someone's post?
Clear/delete/remove/yank the whole post if he's violating any rules just like he said, but editing someone's post is criminal and un-acceptable..
I wont take it lightly if any MOD dare alter/edit my post cos i know how it feels.. Its like violating someone's privacy..
Inshort,you "impersonated" him and that is a criminal offense...
The victim deserves an OPEN APOLOGY from you.
All izz well!

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Types Of People You'll Meet on Nairaland! / Heartless US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria / Post Funny Tweets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.