Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison (35891 Views)

Zamfara Ex-Commissioner Sex Scandal: Girl Threatens To Release New Video / Certificate Forgery Scandal Rocks National Broadcasting Commission / Ogun State Deputy Governor In Alleged Sex Scandal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by homesteady(m): 12:44am On Aug 29, 2013
Indications emerged yesterday that the fundamental rights and dignity of female inmates at the Owerri Prison are now being violated following allegations that they are subjected to sexual abuses, which sometimes allegedly result to unwanted pregnancies.

But the allegation was denied by the Prison authority, which described it as untrue and malicious.

However, it was gathered that some of the female inmates, who were not pregnant as at the time they were convicted, have been delivered of babies. But prison sources said that some of the female convicts were pregnant before they were imprisoned.

A source, who did not want her name mentioned, alleged that some of the female inmates, especially those who are still awaiting trial, “buy” their freedom to move about with sexual gratification with some “corrupt prison officials”, who thereafter allow them to access privileged comforts denied other.

The source said: “The babies delivered by these inmates are either illegally adopted or outright sold to operators of baby factories. This has been going on for a long time and the authorities are not ready to check the menace,” asking: “How else the situation could be explained, that a convict could be impregnated without the knowledge of the prison officials? It is either that they are allowing their spouses to come and sleep with them in the prison or they are being impregnated by those who control them.”

When contacted, the prison’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. James Madugba, said that the allegation could not be true.

Madugba said: “I am speaking authoritatively, it is impossible to penetrate the female cell, which is constructed in such a way that it will be difficult for the female inmates to mingle with their male counterparts.

“Female inmates are kept in a different building with its own big gate guarded by female prison officials who are instructed not to allow male officials into the building.

“Female inmates who were pregnant when they enter the cell are given adequate care. When time of delivery comes, we take them to the Federal Medical Centre where they deliver their children, after which they return to prison with their babies.

“Sexual abuse does not arise, it is simply not possible. You cannot even see the female cell from the open compound; it is entirely segregated from other parts of the prison.

“How can the spouse sleep with their convicted wives when they are not given the opportunity to be alone? When they visit, there are female Prison officials to listen to their discussions and the cell is finally closed by 6:0pm to visitors.”

Source - www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/sex-scandal-rocks-owerri-prison/
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Maybe na their spiritual husbands dey impregnate them.

13 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by mazizitonene(m): 1:01am On Aug 29, 2013
Hmm....*jst passing by*
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by abdulaz: 4:47am On Aug 29, 2013
Its true.
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Omen100(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2013
That's as nasty as hell.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2013
undecided

Èlèyí yà mí lénù

8 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:45am On Aug 29, 2013
Natural human need just like food, shelter, clothing, water etc. Pple search 4 it no matter where they are and d situation they are in. Just 2 survivegrin

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by malele(m): 6:46am On Aug 29, 2013
Every sector is useless in this country

8 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by yunglykmine(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Konji na Bastard.

8 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by egift(m): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2013
Should we hope that those responsible will be punished?

Oh this is Nigeria, don't hold your breath.

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Shekson(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2013
Hmmmmm, must I comment?
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by tyson99(m): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2013
This is nigeria where anything happens at anytime so am not surprised.so far a president can send delegates to welcome an ex-convict so dis is not new.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2013
rubbish excuse,s if we didnt watch prison break,where a female dressed as a Nun came visiting a male prison for sexx.abeg spare us that story,na the prison official dey yansh them.

5 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by planetuzor(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2013
Owerri things na sex shaaaaa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by gerrardomendes(m): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2013
immaculate conception. End time things

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by homesteady(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2013
gerrardomendes: immaculate conception. End time things

LOL!! It is anti-christ they'll born! gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Tuntheycr7: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2013
Oga o. Mewa nsele ni naija o.

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by switdil(f): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2013
Em go ask the prison official he com sey na lie
Wetin e go tok bfor
C this wan na truth
Em go don sweet tok those prisoner, give em plenty money come promise em freedom after em don born
Who go hear dos wan come sey no
I no go dey surprise if em tell me sey na dat prison afficial dey pump dos ladies

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by since1914(m): 10:22am On Aug 29, 2013
homesteady:
Mr. James Madugba, said that the
allegation could not be true.
Madugba said: “I am speaking authoritatively, it
is impossible to penetrate the female cell,

/

Of Course! It is impossible to penetrate the female cell.

5 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Kairoseki77: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2013
The author of this article is being mischievous by making it seem like the women are responsible for the pregnancies. Prostitution happens to females in every Nigerian prison. This is common knowledge.

Wardens sell time with female prisoners to anyone with a few Naira. Even male inmates can arrange to phuck a female inmate if they have the money to pay. Prostitution of female prisoners is how the warden and prison workers make their money. Prison workers can't eat with government salary.

There are even cases when a very attractive woman arrested for minor offenses will be forced to 'satisfy' the prison officials before she is allowed to leave. Ask anyone who works at a prison...

5 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Not surprise shaaa, Owerri is where sex things rock, its official the prevalence of konji is very high in Owerri. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by 3ace(m): 11:28am On Aug 29, 2013
“Female inmates are kept in a different
building with its own big gate guarded by female prison officials who are instructed not to allow male officials into the building.
Mr Madugba failed to realise that everybody has a price. Usually, there's always no intention for the act to bring about pregnancy but we all know that one day one day, one must click.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by 3ace(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2013
Kairoseki77: Wardens sell time with female prisoners to anyone with a few Naira. Even male inmates can arrange to phuck a female inmate if they have the money to pay.
Don't the female inmates take such initiative too? Abi na only men konji dey hold? I mean these are also females confined in a place for so long without séx. Just asking?
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2013
no wonder ppl are applying massively for employement in prison services, i thought i was just the no jobs syndrome, didnt know there are added incentives

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Kairoseki77: 11:39am On Aug 29, 2013
3ace: Don't the female inmates take such initiative too? Abi na only men konji dey hold? I mean these are also females confined in a place for so long without séx. Just asking?

Here's the process. A man pays to be intimate with a woman in the prison, and then the prison officials split the money amongst themselves.

Even a boyfriend, or husband, must pay to phuck her. Her boyfriend, husband, father, or even a big man can dash the warden to keep her 'pure'. The female inmate will then be untouchable except to the man that is paying to keep her pure. Failure to keep up with payments will lead to the women being put back on the open market.

If a female inmate wants to phuck someone without money changing hands, her only option is the people that work at the prison.
Whether the women enjoy it, or not, is something that I do not know.

They have no choice in who they are intimate with. If they refuse, they are punished in various ways like beatings, starvation, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by 3ace(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Here's the process. A man pays to be intimate with a woman in the prison, and then the prison officials split the money amongst themselves.

Even a boyfriend, or husband, must pay to phuck her. Her boyfriend, husband, father, or even a big man can dash the warden to keep her 'pure'. The female inmate will then be 'untouchable' except to the man that is paying to keep her pure. Failure to keep up with payments will lead to the women being put back on the open market.

If a female inmate wants to phuck someone without money changing hands, her only option is the people that work at the prison.
Whether the women enjoy it, or not, is something that I do not know.

They have no choice in who they are intimate with. If they refuse, they are punished in various ways like beatings, starvation, etc. Nigeria is a disturbing place.
hmnn..na wa o. I'm sure Mr Madugba knows this but we can't expect him to admit this in public. So many factors militating against Nigeria prisons. Even the cells are not left out.
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
Very funny cheesy
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by oneeast1: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Emzybrown: Not surprise shaaa, Owerri is where sex things rock, its official the prevalence of konji is very high in Owerri. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool

IT IS TRUE.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by israelboy1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
sad
Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Kairoseki77: 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
3ace: hmnn..na wa o. I'm sure Mr Madugba knows this but we can't expect him to admit this in public. So many factors militating against Nigeria prisons. Even the cells are not left out.

His comments are shameless. I have known about this for over a decade, I'm sure it has been going on for much longer. Of course he knows.

Imagine a Police Public Relations Officer (PPPO) saying that police do not collect bribes, and "that it cannot be true" if one of their officers was caught.

It is the same with Mr. Madugba. Let him explain how a woman can become pregnant in prison. undecided

-----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday Sun
23 July 2011

Saturday Sun also visited a prison in Lagos disguised as a relative of an inmate who sought to know from a male warden (name withheld) the possibility of smuggling a lady into the cell of a male prisoner who is her brother. The warden laughed hysterically and advised the inquirer to send money to her prisoner relative and leave the rest of the deal to him (the warden). Still pushing further, the inquirer (Saturday Sun) pleaded that she would love to make the arrangement because the family wanted someone to take in for the brother in prison.

She was advised to call back, which was done few hours later. The warden went for the business and asked for a N20,000 to facilitate it from her end. But he did not fail to advise that it would be cheaper to arrange a lady inmate to fill the job. With an insider, lady inmate, the arrangement would be entirely that of the wardens in-house.

"It would be better, cheaper and easier to get a woman from the female prison. Most of the fine female inmates are reserved for the big boys in prison. Those girls are clean and untouched. They are firm and aggressive in bed," he laughed.

When told that there could be possibility that these inmates could get pregnant, the warden said: "It is very rare because these are grown ups that have seen life before they were convicted. I believe they should be wise enough to make use of condom, besides it is very rare."

"But if that becomes the case, its either the woman keeps the child or flushed it out. Forget about that one, nobody is praying for anything bad to happen. Whenever you are ready, let me know. I gave you a fair deal, no forget me."

--------------------

According to the Vanguard, "members of the Nigerian police force secretly abuse, rap.e and forcefully ha.ve s.ex with inmates of Nigerian detention facilities". The paper continues, "To this end, many children born by the inmates are largely unclaimed".

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by lolaluv1(f): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is something that I've always known.

Not sure How I came about this knowledge, Maybe I read something about it growing up. A pretty inmate is often at the sexual mercy of the wardens.

It is highly disturbing. Imagine a sweep is done somewhere and innocent ladies, sadly at the wrong place at the wrong time, are caught. Imagine the things they'd have to endure...

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison by Jaywilzee(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wardens can lie,,,,chai..how do u explain a gal gettiin pregnant wen his bf/husband didn't slp wit her??...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits #IStandWithBuhari Car (pics) / El-Rufai, Uba Sani Have Lunch In London Amidst Rumours Of Ill-Health / Goodluck Jonathan As Election Observer In Liberia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.