Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? (1754 Views)

He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by gentlefada(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
I was watching television with my 8 year old nephew when they showed a condom on tv. The next question he asked me was "uncle, what is that " and i became mute because i did not know how to explain the function to him because of the technicality involved. I later told him i dont know which is not really a good ansher because that would only make him want to find out more. So my question is how do you explain the meaning of a condom to an 8 year old boy without sounding raw.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Pampers: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Its simply a kind of balloon. Dats all
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by gentlefada(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pampers: Its simply a kind of balloon. Dats all
obviously you dont know the kind of kid am talking about. If you say its a ballon he would then ask you why it is packaged or you should buy im that kind of ballon.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by gentlefada(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pampers: Its simply a kind of balloon. Dats all
obviously you dont know the kind of kid am talking about. If you say its a balloon he would then ask you why it is packaged or you should buy im that kind of balloon.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
gentlefada: I was watching television with my 8 year old nephew when they showed a condom on tv. The next question he asked me was "uncle, what is that " and i became mute because i did not know how to explain the function to him because of the technicality involved. I later told him i dont know which is not really a good ansher because that would only make him want to find out more. So my question is how do you explain the meaning of a condom to an 8 year old boy without sounding raw.
u don't think an 8yr old is old enuff to know wat a condom is? I'll simply tell him its a kind of rubber that adults use to space their children/prevent pregnancies they're not yet ready for...
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
I would say its a kind of baloon used only by adults. grin
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
Justosaus:
u don't think an 8yr old is old enuff to know wat a condom is? I'll simply tell him its a kind of rubber that adults use to space their children/prevent pregnancies they're not yet ready for...

that's great. No point withholding information
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by OmoAlata1(f): 3:27am On Aug 30, 2013
I think you should just be honest in your explanation. Do not lie. It is best to know from you than from an outsider
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by blank(f): 3:58am On Aug 30, 2013
Why not direct him to his parents? They will be in a better position to determine how much info to give.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 30, 2013
If it were me,I will explain what it is to him. Simple.
I wonder why u didn't do that. Afraid he will not asimilate it?

I wonder why they advertise condom in national tv. Don't they know who majority of the audience are?
When we r more concerned about the money,what do I expect.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Stegomiah: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
My question is why should you explain condom to a 8year old. I understand children are so inquisitive but its not everything they can know, the good thing is they can easily be manipulated, just divert the question to something more captivating to him.

At the right age and time, he'll find out wat it means
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by spikesC(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
Stegomiah: My question is why should you explain condom to a 8year old. I understand children are so inquisitive but its not everything they can know, the good thing is they can easily be manipulated, just divert the question to something more captivating to him.

At the right age and time, he'll find out wat it means

when is the right age and time?

we need to start teaching sex education to our kids cos if u dnt, he/she is gonna learn it else where. And in a way u might not like
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Stegomiah: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote
author=spikes C]

when is the right age and time?

we need to start teaching sex education to our kids cos if u dnt, he/she
is gonna learn it else where. And in a way u might not like[/quote]

C'mon spikes not at 8years that's too early, maybe pre-teen ages 11, 12. when he/she is about to attain puberty stage, i thinks thats the ryt time, i remembad when i was in jss, some of my female classmates in jss1/2 dont know what apund to them in regards menstruation, many funny stories i dont wanna delve in, tanx 2 a female teacher we had then.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by spikesC(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
if he asks, u gotta explain wink
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
chaircover: What time were they showing this on TV? & what time were you watching tv with the 8 year old

There be a watershed on these kinds of things to protect kids

Tell him the basic truth but in as little detail as possible.
^I agree. 8 year olds are already steadily gathering information about s3x, but they carry little premise for a condom's context.
Re: How Do You Explaim A Condom To An 8 Year Old? by OmoAlata1(f): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think a lot of parents want to be in denial. They have convinced themselves that their little innocent babies know absolutely nothing about $ex and they prefer to keep them in the dark. It is your job as parents to start teaching your children about their bodies and sex as soon as they start questioning you about it. No matter how too young you think they are. Best they learn from you than from outsiders.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... / When A Woman Don't Listen To Her Mother And She Gets Married To The Wrong Guy. / Please Help Me Answer This Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.