Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing (3785 Views)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / Seed Sowing And The Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Text from:Genesis 8:22; Luke 6:38

Seed sowing is supposed to be the lifestyle of a believer. God does not intend that you sow seeds occasionally. You will either be a beggar, digger or a sower in life; once you are not ashamed to beg, you will also steal if you have the opportunity. A digger is one who is on the toiling side of life; God never intended that you live out of toilsome labour but out of the harvest of your seed sown. Let us look at three critical truths about seed sowing;

I need my harvest more than God needs the seed: God is the owner of the cattle upon a thousand hills and if He was hungry, He wouldn’t have told you. Anytime you are asked to sow a seed into the life of your man of God, or into the house of God, or the work of God let it always ring in your heart and in your mind that I need my harvest more than God needs the seed. Don’t lose any opportunity to sow seeds. Seeds of prayer, seeds of the right words, seeds of time and seeds of money because there is a harvest that is already awaiting the seed you are asked to sow. If you sow with a cup, God will give you a cupful of harvest BUT God’s cup is always bigger than your cup.

The harvest was in existence before the seed was demanded: God is not unjust as to forget your labour of love and He will not ask you for seed without the intention of giving you a bountiful harvest. God is looking for a legitimate way to bless you and you need a seed to activate that harvest. It is divine wisdom for you to sow a seed of your last meal to a prophet and live a life of abundance afterwards. Most Christians have lost great harvests simply because they never knew that their harvest came ahead of the seed.

You don’t have because you don’t give it is not that you don’t give because you don’t have: Many people rationalize that what they have is hardly enough for themselves so how can they be expected to sow seeds. Let me remind you that if what you have is not enough for what you wand then turn it into a seed. A Christian who says he is finding it hard to make ends meet even with 100 percent of his salary therefore he cannot afford to pay his tithe has only started on a reducing journey. Your tithe does not belong to you, it is hallowed unto the Lord and if you eat it, the Lord says you are cursed. You should open an account of giving and receiving (Philip. 4:17) in the kingdom so that your harvest can be in the order of God.

SPIRIT MEAT BY REV. AREOGUN

Thursday 29.Aug.2013
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abeg is you are sowing make sure it is done to some orphanage and not one greedy pastor to use in flying private jets.

2 Likes

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by israel007: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: Abeg is you are sowing make sure it is done to some orphanage and not one greedy pastor to use in flying private jets.

What more can I say

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by kimco(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam: Text from:Genesis 8:22; Luke 6:38

Seed sowing is supposed to be the lifestyle of a believer. God does not intend that you sow seeds occasionally. You will either be a beggar, digger or a sower in life; once you are not ashamed to beg, you will also steal if you have the opportunity. A digger is one who is on the toiling side of life; God never intended that you live out of toilsome labour but out of the harvest of your seed sown. Let us look at three critical truths about seed sowing;

I need my harvest more than God needs the seed: God is the owner of the cattle upon a thousand hills and if He was hungry, He wouldn’t have told you. Anytime you are asked to sow a seed into the life of your man of God, or into the house of God, or the work of God let it always ring in your heart and in your mind that I need my harvest more than God needs the seed. Don’t lose any opportunity to sow seeds. Seeds of prayer, seeds of the right words, seeds of time and seeds of money because there is a harvest that is already awaiting the seed you are asked to sow. If you sow with a cup, God will give you a cupful of harvest BUT God’s cup is always bigger than your cup.

The harvest was in existence before the seed was demanded: God is not unjust as to forget your labour of love and He will not ask you for seed without the intention of giving you a bountiful harvest. God is looking for a legitimate way to bless you and you need a seed to activate that harvest. It is divine wisdom for you to sow a seed of your last meal to a prophet and live a life of abundance afterwards. Most Christians have lost great harvests simply because they never knew that their harvest came ahead of the seed.

You don’t have because you don’t give it is not that you don’t give because you don’t have: Many people rationalize that what they have is hardly enough for themselves so how can they be expected to sow seeds. Let me remind you that if what you have is not enough for what you wand then turn it into a seed. A Christian who says he is finding it hard to make ends meet even with 100 percent of his salary therefore he cannot afford to pay his tithe has only started on a reducing journey. Your tithe does not belong to you, it is hallowed unto the Lord and if you eat it, the Lord says you are cursed. You should open an account of giving and receiving (Philip. 4:17) in the kingdom so that your harvest can be in the order of God.

SPIRIT MEAT BY REV. AREOGUN

Thursday 29.Aug.2013
seed of prayer...gud....seed of praise gud....seed of money....not to the church that already looks like a 5star hotel. Give it to the needy. Tbh i hate it when i see people give seeds in church. for Christ's sakes give it to that neighbour who needs it more.

2 Likes

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2013
kimco: seed of prayer...gud....seed of praise gud....seed of money....not to the church that already looks like a 5star hotel. Give it to the needy. Tbh i hate it when i see people give seeds in church. for Christ's sakes give it to that neighbour who needs it more.
Read 2 cor 9:5-6. and be liberated from this shallow mindset.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by PastorKun(m): 6:58am On Aug 30, 2013
@Bidam
When are you going to repent and turn away from these fraud inspired teachings that are based on twisted scripture?

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Bidam
When are you going to repent and turn away from these fraud inspired teachings that are based on twisted scripture?
Pls can you kindly point out the problem with the post without unwarranted attacks?
I no get the strength for your wahala this blessed morning.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by PastorKun(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: Pls can you kindly point out the problem with the post without unwarranted attacks?

Everything with the post is wrong, God is not a money doubler and you don't need to give any pastor or church money before God decides to bless you. God's blessings are purely by his grace and not by any filthy "seed" brethen are deceived into sowing.

2 Likes

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Everything with the post is wrong, God is not a money doubler and you don't need to give any pastor or church money before God decides to bless you. God's blessings are purely by his grace and not by any filthy "seed" brethren are deceived into sowing.
Everything in the post is not wrong,the post never mentioned God as a money doubler,if you have any issue with the word of God concerning sowing seeds i think the reasonable thing to do is to go back to God and seek His help for more clarification on the subject matter.

Clearly, the best course of action is to live in obedience to the Holy Spirit at all times.And His word in the post does not go contrary to my convictions.

Thanks for your opinions,do whatever is best for you,don't impose your teachings on me.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: Pls can you kindly point out the problem with the post without unwarranted attacks?
Bidam, I don't understand. Are you suggesting that the bible somehow encourages almsgiving to the haves in the multitude of the have-nots?
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Gombs(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Everything with the post is wrong. God is not a money doubler and you don't need to give any pastor or church money before God decides to bless you. God's blessings are purely by his grace and not by any filthy "seed" brethen are deceived into sowing.

Is it your money? Y don't let those who believe in it to continue, we aren't complaining, we know the benefits, you don't have to agree with it. A lie is a lie even if everybody is doing it, and Truth is truth even if no one is doing it. Depends on how you take it

God blessing are there, they are by grace...but what did the baible say about giving to men who make God's word available to the rest?

Jesus collected seeds o!

Luke 8
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Soon afterward, [Jesus] went on through towns and
villages, preaching and bringing the good news (the
Gospel) of the kingdom of God. And the Twelve
[apostles] were with Him,
2 And also some women who had been cured of evil
spirits and diseases: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had been expelled;
3 And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s household
manager; and Susanna; and many others, who ministered to and provided for Him and them out of their property and personal belongings.

Don't that look like seed sowing?

I should note at this point that while the women
contributed the money which provided for the needs of this group, a man (Judas, to be specific,
John 12:6; 13:29) kept and distributed the funds.

Let's look at Luke, cos he was writing to theophilus, a thing he was so certain of, after MUCH conviction. Look what like wrote
Luke 1
English Standard Version (ESV)

1 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a
narrative of the things that have been accomplished
among us, 2 just as those who from the beginning were
eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered
them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having
followed all things closely for some time past, to write
an orderly account for you,
most excellent Theophilus,
4 that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.

I understand the Gospel of Luke to indicate three major forms of support of those who minister.

First, men may be supported in proclaiming the gospel by those who have previously benefited from their ministry.
This is the case in Luke 8:1-3 as I know it. These
women had personally benefited from our Lord’s
ministry to them, and now they support His ministry to
others. (Same as seed sowing today is possible, because I've benefited from my pastor, and I support his ministry to others, not because they are 'broke' or lacking, Jesus wasn't broke nor lacking).

Paul was supported by the Macedonians, to whom he had previously ministered (Philippians 1:3-6; 4:10-13).

Second, men may be supported by those to whom they
presently minister. When Jesus sent out the 12
( Luke 9:1-6) and the 72 (Luke 10:1-12), He told them to take nothing (because Jesus knew the folks would wanna give em stuffs/seeds/support/etc). That was because they were to be ministering to those to whom they came, among whom they lived and served. The 12 and the 72 were to heal and to cast out demons. Surely the cities to which the came should have gladly sustained these preachers and miracle-workers. They were indeed servants “worthy of
their hire.”

Third, some men were self-supported. When men
became hostile toward our Lord and His message, Jesus spoke to His disciples about a different means of being supported as they proclaimed the gospel:
Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without
purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered. He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment” ( Luke 22:35-37).
When the disciples of the Lord previous went about
preaching and healing, they were generally well received. But after our Lord’s rejection and crucifixion, it would be different for His disciples as well. Now they were to continue to go out, preaching the gospel, but this time fully prepared to care for themselves. In effect, they were to be self-supporting in the hostile world which was to come. Because of various evils and abuses (mainly those of the false teachers) Paul refused to exercise his right to be supported by the church , and to minister at no cost. Indeed, Paul even worked with his own hands so as to be able to support others (Acts 20:34-35).

This last method is not a very popular one today. Few
seem willing to dirty their hands with common, mundane
labor. Many are those who want someone else to
support them in their ministry. Many of these ask people whom they do not know, to whom they have never ministered, to support them in ministry. I do not see this kind of support in the New Testament.

When, then, should men be supported, by whom, and
under what circumstances? From the entire book of
Luke I believe we would have to say that this would
differ for different people, and even for the same
people, under different circumstances. I believe that we should be supported either by those to whom we have ministered or by those to whom we presently minister. And, we should be supported only when it promotes the gospel of Jesus Christ . There were times when Paul avoided taking money for his ministry because of the abusive practices of the false teachers. There were times when Paul was trying to practice the gospel by working with his own hands, supporting others. And there were times when Paul accepted support so that he could devote himself to proclaiming the truth of the gospel.

Whether Pastors are supported or not should be determined by determining whether or not the gospel will be best served by being supported or by being a supporter of others by working with out own hands. Too many people in ministry refuse to consider both options.

Know that supporting the gospel ministry involves the support of many. The women who supported our Lord’s ministry did not support only Jesus—they supported the entire ministry team:
These women were helping to support them out of their own means ( Luke 8:3).
There are many Christians who want to support the
leader of a ministry. After all, he is visible, vocal, and
dynamic. But they are not so eager to pay the secretary who takes his calls or types his sermon manuscripts, which are essential functions too. When the gospel ministry is supported the gospel team should be supported.

Also, Supporting the gospel ministry involves the mundane. I am sure that there was nothing very exciting about buying heads of lettuce, or vegetables, or meat, but these were the things from which the meals were made.
Today, Christians are not eager to pay for the office
rent, for the utility bills, or for printer ribbons. All of
these mundane matters are necessary, however, and
buying them as a part of the gospel ministry is supporting the ministry, no matter how mundane that may seem.
He or she who is faithful in little will be faithful in
much. These words of our Lord refer to ministry with
money, and then ministry in other ways:
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be
trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very
little will also be dishonest with much” ( Luke 16:10).
In the context of this passage it is clear that money is
the “little thing” while other matters are the greater
things. These women, who were faithful to follow our
Lord in Galilee, and to meet the needs of the group,
were faithful also at the foot of the cross and at the
tomb of our Lord. Their faithfulness in the little thing of money assured them of faithfulness in the greater
things of a later time. Judas, on the contrary, who was
not faithful in the little thing of money was not faithful in greater things. Faithfulness in the matter of money is critical, for it leads to faithfulness in greater things as well. Investing in the gospel ministry determined where the hearts of these women were:
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be
also” ( Matthew 6:21).

Thanks 'Pastor' Kunle

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2013
Reyginus: Bidam, I don't understand. Are you suggesting that the bible somehow encourages almsgiving to the haves in the multitude of the have-nots?
I don't get your point clearly, but if you re talking about alms-giving and givings to the church they are not the same thing.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Bidam
Pastor Kun:

Everything with the post is wrong, God is not a money doubler and you don't need to give any pastor or church money before God decides to bless you. God's blessings are purely by his grace and not by any filthy "seed" brethen are deceived into sowing.
Bidam: Everything in the post is not wrong,the post never mentioned God as a money doubler,if you have any issue with the word of God concerning sowing seeds i think the reasonable thing to do is to go back to God and seek His help for more clarification on the subject matter.

Clearly, the best course of action is to live in obedience to the Holy Spirit at all times.And His word in the post does not go contrary to my convictions.

Thanks for your opinions,do whatever is best for you,don't impose your teachings on me.

If you yourself have followed your own injunction "to do whatever is best for you and don't impose your teachings on (others)" you will not have to open this thread. Bc this thread main purpose is indicting your own position here: it is saying we should sow seed to be rich and of course the main beneficiary of this seed sowing are the Pastors.

This is the reason for the Grace convention and I find it difficult to comprehend, with your understanding of God's word, that has turned God into our messenger - were we must do certain things to make God do certain things, you still had the confidence to want to partake of a grace convention or nominate people like yourself to partake of a grace convention. It is called grace: free of charge; unmerrited favour. For God sake, Bidam, you and the OP, and all those who confuse grace with works, do not believe in a gospel of grace! abi?

If I were you (and I refrained to tell you this in the other thread because it was defeating the purpose of that thread, but I can meet you here on your own thread), I would not even think of partaking of the convention even if I am invited. Look at the topics there: every one of them run contrary to your cherished beliefs, so why would you or your friends wants to teach in a grace convention. It is all about grace, don't you understand?

Back to Areogun and other modern day "gospel preacher", like you have been told, God is not a money doubler and we do not need to hear principles of getting rich: the bible doesn't not teach such. Scripture, especially the NT, is a scripture of grace. When God has blessed his people, they know what to do with it. They have enough sense and the Holy Spirit to direct them to give. If they are having challenges financially, it is also a matte of time, God will see them through it, there is no one on earth that has not passed through such temptation. So shove your seed sowing gospel in your pocket; no one needs it!

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
Before a sufficient analyses of this so called "gospel" can be made, one must understand were they are coming from and also comprehend the main purpose of the Holy Scriptures. The reason why God got involved in man's business dates back to the fall of Adam. When Adam fell, it was not in Adam to think of how he will be redeemed. He was as confused as we can be when we face challenges. From day one, God had been taking all the initiative. God created man without anyone spuring him to do so with seeds or money. When Adam was alone in the garden, God brought the idea of making a woman for him to help him. When Adam sinned, God told him that a seed of the woman was coming to reclaim the victory and immediately God killed an animal, setting for the first atonement for sin, and clothed man.

All through scriptures we see God setting up the initiative for a relationship with man. Abrahm, Moses, Isreal's redemption from Egypt, etc, it is all about God and his sovereign workings in man's world. Then God sent Jesus to save us from our sins: not from poverty or sickness but from sin. Bc it is possible to be stupendously rich and well and be a wretched sinner in the sight of God. God's sovereign work of restoring lost humanity to himself is the whole purpose of the scriptures and it should be our too.

Meeting our needs and other matters like that are the minute things that a same sovereign God has promised to do in our lives if we make his purposes on earth first things first. And this is the very thing the like of the OP are not doing. They are leaving the main issues and pursuing minor ones. They have imported a man-made gospel into the church, it is called the prosperity gospel. Where you can turn God into a casino machine and throw in your seed and expect a harvest. If it doesn't work at first, or if you don't je(eat) you keep doing it until you je. And you say you have not turned God into a money doubler that way? This is the root of all the false gospel we here today: replacing God with man. This is the reason the tithe fraud will never end. And it will not end because the chief beneficiaries are the pastors themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think God is concerned how we sow righteousness, money is very elementary. Why is sowing always about money with the prosperity gospel ?

Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you - Hosea 10:12

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness - James 3:18

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness - 2 Corinthians 9:10

Note the phrases, 'harvest of righteousness' , 'sow righteousness' , 'reap unfailing love'.

Can someone please show me where sowing relates to a harvest or reaping of Dollars ?

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
^frosbel, thank you jare. You have been absent from the convention thread. Why?
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^frosbel, thank you jare. You have been absent from the convention thread. Why?

Will join from this evening, work has been very busy.

thanks.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by kimco(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: Read 2 cor 9:5-6. and be liberated from this shallow mindset.

2 Corinthians 9:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

5 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements
for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given. Generosity Encouraged

6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will
also reap generously.

So which part of this quotation is supposed to liberate me from my ''shallow mindedness''. It's ironic that u shud use that phrase when u are the one being shallow minded here. Giving to ur neighbour is more likely to get u into heaven than giving to the church because giving to the church was actually meant to fufil that very obligation....give to the needy...among other things. It's hippocritical to sow a seed to the church and expect a harvest when ur neighbour is calling for help. U won't get anything...i tell u.
I tell you today that u are the shallow minded one and u're a hippocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=DrummaBoy]

If you yourself have followed your own injunction "to do whatever is best for you and don't impose your teachings on (others)" you will not have to open this thread. Bc this thread main purpose is indicting your own position here: it is saying we should sow seed to be rich and of course the main beneficiary of this seed sowing are the Pastors.
I believe you have a BIG problem with comprehension.I am at liberty to post an article which has blessed me and can also be a blessing to folks here.The last time i checked nairaland is not owned by you neither is the religious section owned by kun or any of your clicks[/b]More so can you kindly point from the post where it was mentioned that you have to sow to become rich? Such a bias is coming from you not the post.You can read whatever meanings you want from the post,that is your own cup of tea.
This is the reason for the Grace convention and I find it difficult to comprehend, with your understanding of God's word, that has turned God into our messenger - were we must do certain things to make God do certain things, you still had the confidence to want to partake of a [b]grace convention or nominate people like yourself to partake of a grace convention. It is called grace: free of charge; unmerrited favour. For God sake,
You have now resorted to verbal e-wars, religious babblings and exchanges here because of what i posted? Abeg! go siddon, you shouldn't even have commented here in the first place,may be you harbor a grudge against me.Your heart is not right with God.Go and repent. The post did not say God is our messenger.All your statements are straw-man and fallacious.
Bidam, you and the OP, and all those who confuse grace with works, do not believe in a gospel of grace! abi?
What in God's name are you talking about Did the post mention grace and works?
If I were you (and I refrained to tell you this in the other thread because it was defeating the purpose of that thread, but I can meet you here on your own thread), I would not even think of partaking of the convention even if I am invited. Look at the topics there: every one of them run contrary to your cherished beliefs, so why would you or your friends wants to teach in a grace convention. It is all about grace, don't you understand?
You have now let the cat out of the bag grin I can visit any thread i want. You have NO RIGHT to tell me what to do or what not to do.Comprehendi?

Back to Areogun and other modern day "gospel preacher", like you have been told, God is not a money doubler and we do not need to hear principles of getting rich: the bible doesn't not teach such. Scripture, especially the NT, is a scripture of grace. When God has blessed his people, they know what to do with it. They have enough sense and the Holy Spirit to direct them to give. If they are having challenges financially, it is also a matte of time, God will see them through it, there is no one on earth that has not passed through such temptation. [s]So shove your seed sowing gospel in your pocket; no one needs it![/s]
All these are the babble of the religious market place.Paul still made appeal to churches in scriptures. If you are still honest with yourselves and not pick whatever suits your demonic doctrines. The Bible says: "Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. " (Galatians 6:6). Those who work hard at getting good spiritual food for others should be financially helped by those who are benefiting.

1Co 9:7 Who ever goes to war without looking to someone to be responsible for his payment? who puts in vines and does not take the fruit of them? or who takes care of sheep without drinking of their milk?

1Co 9:8 Am I talking as a man? does not the law say the same?
1Co 9:9 For it says in the law of Moses, It is not right to keep the ox from taking the grain when he is crushing it. Is it for the oxen that God is giving orders?
1Co 9:10 Or has he us in mind? Yes, it was said for us; because it is right for the ploughman to do his ploughing in hope, and for him who is crushing the grain to do his work hoping for a part in the fruits of it.
1Co 9:11 If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?

You better concentrate more on your grace convention instead of constituting a nuisance to yourself and others here.Cheers. cheesy
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
^ You forgot to respond to my second post
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
frosbel: I think God is concerned how we sow righteousness, money is very elementary. Why is sowing always about money with the prosperity gospel ?
You are a bit sensible and matured than drumma boy i believe you should know better that sowing as a principle applies in all spheres of human endeavors.Money shouldn't even be an exception. People should be taught in ALL doctrines, so that there will be a balance, nothing lacking and nothing missing.
frosbel: Can someone please show me where sowing relates to a harvest or reaping of Dollars ?

Let's not even deceive ourselves and saints who want to genuinely seek God and his kingdom.Its well-worn, but it is the truth. The Bible says, "Give, ..." and what? "it shall be given unto you" (Luke 6:38). The measure we use is the measure we receive in. Following on from Galatians 6:6, Galatians 6:7 says that a man will reap what he sows. If you spend money only on yourself and your desires, without investing in God's work, you are sowing according to the flesh. Part of sowing to the Spirit involves giving to God's work.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^ You forgot to respond to my second post
I am not interested in your copy and paste job. I have addressed the issue of God's tithe on other threads.Deal with it. cheesy
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
kimco:

2 Corinthians 9:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

5 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements
for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given. Generosity Encouraged

6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will
also reap generously.

So which part of this quotation is supposed to liberate me from my ''shallow mindedness''. It's ironic that u shud use that phrase when u are the one being shallow minded here. Giving to ur neighbour is more likely to get u into heaven than giving to the church because giving to the church was actually meant to fufil that very obligation....give to the needy...among other things. It's hippocritical to sow a seed to the church and expect a harvest when ur neighbour is calling for help. U won't get anything...i tell u.
I tell you today that u are the shallow minded one and u're a hippocrite.
The bolded. You are still learning.Open your heart and let God liberate you not drummaboy and his nairaland crews.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: I believe you have a BIG problem with comprehension.I am at liberty to post an article which has blessed me and can also be a blessing to folks here.The last time i checked nairaland is not owned by you neither is the religious section owned by kun or any of your clicks[/b]More so can you kindly point from the post where it was mentioned that you have to sow to become rich? Such a bias is coming from you not the post.You can read whatever meanings you want from the post,that is your own cup of tea.

With all this cherished liberty of yours, why are you denying another of his liberty:
Bidam: Everything in the post is not wrong,the post never mentioned God as a money doubler,if you have any issue with the word of God concerning sowing seeds i think the reasonable thing to do is to go back to God and seek His help for more clarification on the subject matter.

If you have the liberty to open a thread like this, anyone has the same liberty to make their own opinion known on it.

You have now resorted to verbal e-wars, religious babblings and exchanges here because of what i posted? Abeg! go siddon, you shouldn't even have commented here in the first place,may be you harbor a grudge against me.Your heart is not right with God.Go and repent. The post did not say God is our messenger.All your statements are straw-man and fallacious.

When you do the same it is not religious e-wars or babbling; until someone else does it. I shouldn't comment? abi? You are the one that makes the rules and break them at the same time. No one must comment; no one must make thier own opinion known except the most "holy" Bidam. Leave the state of my heart alone and learn to be more concerned about how yours is before God.

You have now let the cat out of the bag grin I can visit any thread i want. You have NO RIGHT to tell me what to do or what not to do.Comprehendi?

My opinion about you and your clique has been clear as noon day from day one I met you guyz on this forum. I was restrained from joining issues with you on the convention threads because those are not the avenues for it. But here is a good time for it. I am ready for you!

All these are the babble of the religious market place.Paul still made appeal to churches in scriptures. If you are still honest with yourselves and not pick whatever suits your demonic doctrines. The Bible says: "Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. " (Galatians 6:6). Those who work hard at getting good spiritual food for others should be financially helped by those who are benefiting.

1Co 9:7 Who ever goes to war without looking to someone to be responsible for his payment? who puts in vines and does not take the fruit of them? or who takes care of sheep without drinking of their milk?

1Co 9:8 Am I talking as a man? does not the law say the same?
1Co 9:9 For it says in the law of Moses, It is not right to keep the ox from taking the grain when he is crushing it. Is it for the oxen that God is giving orders?
1Co 9:10 Or has he us in mind? Yes, it was said for us; because it is right for the ploughman to do his ploughing in hope, and for him who is crushing the grain to do his work hoping for a part in the fruits of it.
1Co 9:11 If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?

This thread is not about Paul's appeal for support for ministers, this thread is about sowing seeds. Arm twisting God to bless man. Sowing seeds of money and for which ministers will be the chief beneficiaries. Check the whole collections made in the NT, starting from the time money were laid at the apostles feet to Paul raising collection for the needy in Jerusalem, it was all to meet people's needs. Today, it is how to enrich those who are already rich from collecting fraudulent tithes.

You better concentrate more on your grace convention instead of constituting a nuisance to yourself and others here.Cheers.

You know one of the blessings these men who teach the nonsense you put up there in the name of an OP have is that no one is there to challenge what they preach. But you and OLAADEGBU cannot come to this forum and put up this same nonsense. You will have people who will challenge you. And we would continue to challenge you, showing you the true purpose of God in our lives today, until you run out of business! Just in case you didn't see my second post, here it is:

DrummaBoy: Before a sufficient analyses of this so called "gospel" can be made, one must understand were they are coming from and also comprehend the main purpose of the Holy Scriptures. The reason why God got involved in man's business dates back to the fall of Adam. When Adam fell, it was not in Adam to think of how he will be redeemed. He was as confused as we can be when we face challenges. From day one, God had been taking all the initiative. God created man without anyone spuring him to do so with seeds or money. When Adam was alone in the garden, God brought the idea of making a woman for him to help him. When Adam sinned, God told him that a seed of the woman was coming to reclaim the victory and immediately God killed an animal, setting for the first atonement for sin, and clothed man.

All through scriptures we see God setting up the initiative for a relationship with man. Abrahm, Moses, Isreal's redemption from Egypt, etc, it is all about God and his sovereign workings in man's world. Then God sent Jesus to save us from our sins: not from poverty or sickness but from sin. Bc it is possible to be stupendously rich and well and be a wretched sinner in the sight of God. God's sovereign work of restoring lost humanity to himself is the whole purpose of the scriptures and it should be our too.

Meeting our needs and other matters like that are the minute things that a same sovereign God has promised to do in our lives if we make his purposes on earth first things first. And this is the very thing the like of the OP are not doing. They are leaving the main issues and pursuing minor ones. They have imported a man-made gospel into the church, it is called the prosperity gospel. Where you can turn God into a casino machine and throw in your seed and expect a harvest. If it doesn't work at first, or if you don't je(eat) you keep doing it until you je. And you say you have not turned God into a money doubler that way? This is the root of all the false gospel we here today: replacing God with man. This is the reason the tithe fraud will never end. And it will not end because the chief beneficiaries are the pastors themselves.

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: I am not interested in your copy and paste job. I have addressed the issue of God's tithe on other threads.Deal with it. cheesy

Who exactly is copying and pasting here. Was I the one that copied and pasted the OP above?
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam, this word is for you :

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money - Matthew 6:24 .
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
frosbel: Bidam, this word is for you :

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money - Matthew 6:24 .
Strawman. The post never mentioned anyone giving to the things of God serving money.Thanks for your input. cheesy
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=DrummaBoy]

With all this cherished liberty of yours, why are you denying another of his liberty:

If you have the liberty to open a thread like this, anyone has the same liberty to make their own opinion known on it.
Your evil motives were clear from the onset when your kun first commented.Remember it was a spill from the row he had with me on the grace convention.

When you do the same it is not religious e-wars or babbling; until someone else does it. I shouldn't comment? abi? You are the one that makes the rules and break them at the same time. No one must comment; no one must make thier own opinion known except the most "holy" Bidam. Leave the state of my heart alone and learn to be more concerned about how yours is before God.
You still don't get it do you? Your replies were full of sentiments and bigotry,That's hypocrisy.

My opinion about you and your clique has been clear as noon day from day one I met you guyz on this forum. I was restrained from joining issues with you on the convention threads because those are not the avenues for it. But here is a good time for it. I am ready for you!
Look you better go repair your life. The reason why i am even replying you is that peradventure God will show you the error of your ways.Cos you are full of gall and bitterness which is very unhealthy. May be it will be in your best interest if i ignore you further so your sins won't be on me.

This thread is not about Paul's appeal for support for ministers, this thread is about sowing seeds. Arm twisting God to bless man. Sowing seeds of money and for which ministers will be the chief beneficiaries. Check the whole collections made in the NT, starting from the time money were laid at the apostles feet to Paul raising collection for the needy in Jerusalem, it was all to meet people's needs. Today, it is how to enrich those who are already rich from collecting fraudulent tithes.
Whatever bro.Those that read it are already blessed,Thank you for the contribution.

You know one of the blessings these men who teach the nonsense you put up there in the name of an OP have is that no one is there to challenge what they preach. But you and OLAADEGBU cannot come to this forum and put up this same nonsense. You will have people who will challenge you. And we would continue to challenge you, showing you the true purpose of God in our lives today, until you run you out of business! Just in case you didn't see my second post, here it is:
Funny, you call this a challenge?The best form of challenge is to start from your church where tithes are being paid presently. That's not even the church i go to for God sake. I don't know you from adam and you call replying my post challenge? grin Maybe i will reply you no further so you won't self-destruct.You have a wife and kid who need you remember?I will reply the error of your post after i enjoy the grace convention. cheesy
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by nlMediator: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
DrummaBoy:

You know one of the blessings these men who teach the nonsense you put up there in the name of an OP have is that no one is there to challenge what they preach. But you and OLAADEGBU cannot come to this forum and put up this same nonsense. You will have people who will challenge you. And we would continue to challenge you, showing you the true purpose of God in our lives today, until you run out of business! Just in case you didn't see my second post, here it is:

My brother, the level of bile and bitterness that you and some of your co-travelers exhibit against fellow believers (that hold a diferent view on "prosperity" or related issues) is worrisome. Y'all are about showing love and grace and not being legalistic. But that preachment ends when you meet some group of christians that disagree with you. How about showing them grace in deed, not just in words? I think some of you need grace more than those you're preaching it to.

1 Like

Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by PastorKun(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
nlMediator:

My brother, the level of bile and bitterness that you and some of your co-travelers exhibit against fellow believers (that hold a diferent view on "prosperity" or related issues) is worrisome. Y'all are about showing love and grace and not being legalistic. But that preachment ends when you meet some group of christians that disagree with you. How about showing them grace in deed, not just in words? I think some of you need grace more than those you're preaching it to.

We can't accommodate them because the bible instructs us in very clear terms to rebuke false teachers.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We can't accommodate them because the bible instructs us in very clear terms to rebuke false teachers.
Oh! You are the false teacher here.You can only reap what you sow.since you sow discord in this forum,you will only reap it in good measure.
Re: Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing by PastorKun(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: Oh! You are the false teacher here.You can only reap what you sow.since you sow discord in this forum,you will only reap it in good measure.

You mean I am spoiling business for you and your cohorts, Ole barawo buruku tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? / You Can't Prove That God Doesn't Exist. Really? / Bible Emergency Numbers — Call John 3:16; John 11:25-26; Hebrews 2:14-15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.