Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy (1316 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by fadosky607(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
World's many religions have not been able to profer reasonable answers to mind bugging questions such as: if there's God who cares for us, why then does he allow suffering?

They've also taught and promoted false doctrines such as: hellfire, immortality of the soul(life after death), trinity, purgatory, etc.

These kinds of unfounded teachings contribute to the disbelief in God! But is it truly enough to doubt the existence of a creator-God? No!

Assuming u were walking on an island dat u presumed to have never been reached by anyone b4. As u walk around u see stones and fragments of rocks on the ground which would naturally not point to any previous intelligent activities on d island... But what if as u walk around as usual some other day and this time find a mobile phone dat has a sim card as well as numbers stored on it. U tried calling d numbers on d phone and they all went thru to different persons jus as it was stored on it? Would u still hold on to ur former opinion as to the non existence or previous existence of human activites? Not likely! A sound thinking person would always conclude dat d mobile phone didn't jus get there by chance but by a source...

In a similar vain, would it be wise to conclude dat such marvels as d human design and others can jus appear without a source?
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
You sounding like a Jehovah witness. This same argument is in one of their awake.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: You sounding like a Jehovah witness. This same argument is in one of their awake.

grin grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by PastorOluT(m): 5:58am On Aug 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE: You sounding like a Jehovah witness. This same argument is in one of their awake.
Obviously, but I agree with ur reasonings @ op. The only reason atheists remain atheists is 'cos they are yet to encounter God/Christ.
I remember posting this yesterday, was it hidden/removed?

2 Likes

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Obviously, but I agree with ur reasonings @ op. The only reason atheists remain atheists is 'cos they are yet to encounter God/Christ.
I remember posting this yesterday, was it hidden/removed?

The only reason you are Christian is cos ur yet to encounter Allah.

7 Likes

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by PastorOluT(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

'Smiles', u only encounter what is real?
U can say or think whatever but I tell u the day would not be long, repent and be saved.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Emusan(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

Ask anyone who is a worshiper of the bold whether he/she has ever feel His presence or having a real encounter with Him?
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by onetrack(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2013
Yes, it's true that atheism can be triggered by hypocrisy of religious leaders, but there is also the matter of the mass of silly, non-historical, unrealistic religious literature like the Bible and Quran, along with a god who by any measure must be regarded as a bi-polar psychopath.

Where you see the beauty and marvel of the universe, we atheists also see the violence, chaos, and evil which are equally omnipresent.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by fadosky607(m): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
The only reason atheists remain atheists is 'cos they are yet to encounter God/Christ.

I think ur kind of reasoning is what I already mentioned in my beginning comment as to a reason that triggers atheism! Pls don't bring it here! Prove ur case based on FACTS and not on belief or sentiments. Mind u, atheists don't even bliv in d bible, so it may be of no much use if u bring it in so often.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Kay17: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2013
fadosky607: World's many religions have not been able to profer reasonable answers to mind bugging questions such as: if there's God who cares for us, why then does he allow suffering?

They've also taught and promoted false doctrines such as: hellfire, immortality of the soul(life after death), trinity, purgatory, etc.

These kinds of unfounded teachings contribute to the disbelief in God! But is it truly enough to doubt the existence of a creator-God? No!

Assuming u were walking on an island dat u presumed to have never been reached by anyone b4. As u walk around u see stones and fragments of rocks on the ground which would naturally not point to any previous intelligent activities on d island... But what if as u walk around as usual some other day and this time find a mobile phone dat has a sim card as well as numbers stored on it. U tried calling d numbers on d phone and they all went thru to different persons jus as it was stored on it? Would u still hold on to ur former opinion as to the non existence or previous existence of human activites? Not likely! A sound thinking person would always conclude dat d mobile phone didn't jus get there by chance but by a source...

In a similar vain, would it be wise to conclude dat such marvels as d human design and others can jus appear without a source?

What does "intelligently designed" mean?!
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2013
Emusan:

Ask anyone who is a worshiper of the bold whether he/she has ever feel His presence or having a real encounter with Him?

This should help you.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover-islam/134312016-what-does-allahs-presence-feel-like.html
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2013
christ is not a God. he is a man. a JEW.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Emusan(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

This should help you.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover-islam/134312016-what-does-allahs-presence-feel-like.html

The site you refer me to even support my claim. "They believe no one can hear from or see Allah" it's only one person who claim being in the presence of Allah at "Ihsan". Then if God can speak to people like Noah, Moses, Elijah, Isaiah e.t.c why we today can't hear from God/feel His presence around us as a person? This is the finishing work of the Holyspirit, He allows you to feel the presence of God as if somebody is with you, He can talk to you as if a friend is talking to you.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Emusan:

The site you refer me to even support my claim. "They believe no one can hear from or see Allah" it's only one person who claim being in the presence of Allah at "Ihsan". Then if God can speak to people like Noah, Moses, Elijah, Isaiah e.t.c why we today can't hear from God/feel His presence around us as a person? This is the finishing work of the Holyspirit, He allows you to feel the presence of God as if somebody is with you, He can talk to you as if a friend is talking to you.

Shalom!

This is a post from that thread. These days, honest Christians are hard to find.. smiley

When I saw the thread title I kind of guessed that the thread starter is a christian or perhaps non-muslim. One has to define what is meant by "presence", do you mean like present in the room with you? I don't think anyone can actually say such things because there is no "concrete" proof. I know some christians like to talk about being in the presence of the "Holy Spirit" but how can one judge the authenticity of such claims? There is such a thing called "Religious Experience" which can be found in many faiths but if all faiths have it then which is the truth?

I apologise for slightly veering off topic but I think those things are important to take notice of. However if by "presence" you mean being in a state of awareness then in Islam there is a state called "Ihsan", which is where you are in constant remembrance of God. This is a state that each and every muslim strives for and from my knowledge no one will claim, because it is a journey till death. There is a saying that the people of Ihsan always gets their prayer answered, the interesting thing about that one is in a state of Ihsan they will only pray for what God wills.

It is like asking a slave what he wishes for, and the slave responds with "I wish for what my Master wishes for me."

Also, in such a state, ego is removed from the heart. When ego is removed people can see things much clearer, because arrogance/ego usually blinds people from reality.

To describe such a state does not do justice. I can describe to you just how good a cup of tea tastes but the only ones who can truly appreciate it are the ones who have tasted it themselves. Not that I'm saying I'm in a state of ihsan, but me along with other muslims would surely love to strive for it.

To strive for it is in itself a blessing.

I'm sorry if you were looking for a short answer

I described to you ihsan but there is something else; The recitation of the Quran. When heard by someone with a soft heart, it will enter the person's heart and it can make the person weep. It happened in the time of the Prophet(peace be upon him) and it still happens today regardless if the listener speaks arabic or not.

Anyway welcome to the boards I hope you will be able to gain some beneficial knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Emusan(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

This is a post from that thread. These days, honest Christians are hard to find.. smiley

In my post I made mention of 'Ihsan' true or false?

Now see this statement: "However if by"presence" you mean being in a state ofawareness then in Islam there is a state called "Ihsan", which is where you are in constant remembrance of God.

'Constant remembrance' is different from when somebody invisible is with you and talking to you.

Being in the presence of the Holyspirit means is like there's someone beside you/sometimes talk to you.

Faith and physical nature inwhich many christians hold on to as a great evidence of God existence belittle God's promises itself because many places in the Bible shows that God can manifest Himself to us.

If you've been serving God for more than 2 years and you havn't heard the audible voice of God/feel the presence of the Holyspirit in person as a christian then you need to check yourself.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by mumumugu(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Some hard hearted creatures will still be atheiest even if the world were perfect
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Vansnickers: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Emusan:

Have you had a real encounter with Yahweh?
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Emusan(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Van snickers:

Have you had a real encounter with Yahweh?

Absolutely YES! Reason why I'm pleading to my Atheist brothers to try and find God's way. God is true if not, I'd have become maybe an Atheist/Agnostic by now.

Shalom!
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

I always like the way u answer questions grin
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
Emusan:

Absolutely YES! Reason why I'm pleading to my Atheist brothers to try and find God's way. God is true if not, I'd have become maybe an Atheist/Agnostic by now.

Shalom!

Is God lost? Why do I have to find someone who is meant to be everywhere?
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Is God lost? Why do I have to find someone who is meant to be everywhere?

He'll tell you you're like a radio without antenna. You need that antenna to tune into God's frequency..

Imagine each radio tuning into different channels and claiming that their channel is the TRUE channel. wink
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

He'll tell you you're like a radio without antenna. You need that antenna to tune into God's frequency..

Imagine each radio tuning into different channels and claiming that their channel is the TRUE channel. wink

Then, some radios will claim that there are many ‘true channels’
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Then, some radios will claim that there are many ‘true channels’
And all the channels are somehow the same channel. grin
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by onetrack(m): 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
Well the battery on my 'radio' died a long time ago and I've been basking in the silence ever since.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by UyiIredia(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

Actually, se do hear that from different radio and TV stations.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Actually, se do hear that from different radio and TV stations.
U get the point.
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by fadosky607(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
If atheists are persons who question things without bias b4 bliving in it, then why are they having biased minds bout God's existence? They should keep questioning objectively without concluding, because wot may seem not to have answers now may have amswers tomorrow. So instead of totally crossing out the possibility of God's existence, why not patiently continue asking?

Truth is that atheists are only supposed to DOUBT God's existence and not to totally rule it out(since they claim to be THINKING MINDS)
Re: Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy by fadosky607(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ Logicboy and Muskeeto. Can I plssss have a private discussion wit u guys? Here's kinda clumsy 4 me. Too many comments at a time. Don't even know where to start and end a conversation. My true name is Francis. Can we be friends on either facebook or any other platform? Or even on BBM?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things Common To Theist And Atheist / Sources Of Curses and spiritual problems / Who Will Inherit The EARTH Since We All Pray To Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.