Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend (3074 Views)

Will Russia And China Hold Their Fire Until War Is The Only Alternative? — P.C.R / Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by veraobi: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
Russia warships sent to Mediterranean
Russia has announced plans for deploying an anti-submarine ship and a missile cruiser to the Mediterranean, amid the escalating Western war rhetoric against Syria.

“The well-known situation shaping up in the eastern Mediterranean called for certain corrections to the make-up of the naval forces,” an unnamed source in the Russian General Staff was quoted by Russian news agency Interfax as saying on Thursday.

“A large anti-submarine ship of the Northern Fleet will join them (the existing Russian naval forces) over the next few days. Later it will be joined by the Moskva, a rocket cruiser of the Black Sea Fleet,” the source added.
Moscow is strongly opposed to any military strike on Syria, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov believing that the move will critically destabilize the region.

Earlier in the day, the Russian Foreign Ministry quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov as saying that “Declared plans by some states to inflict a military strike on Syria are an undisguised challenge to the key provisions of the UN Charter and other norms of international law.”

The war rhetoric against Syria gained momentum after the militants operating inside the country and the foreign-backed Syrian opposition claimed on August 21 that hundreds had been killed in a government chemical attack on militant strongholds in the Damascus suburbs of Ain Tarma, Zamalka and Jobar.

Damascus has categorically rejected the allegations.

Since August 27, speculations became stronger about the possibility of a military attack on Syria. Media outlets reported US plans for likely surgical attacks, which would be in the form of “cruise-missile strikes,” and “could rely on four US destroyers in the Mediterranean [Sea].” The plan was said to be awaiting US President Barack Obama’s go-ahead. US has four war ships already at the sea waiting for a go ahead from Obama.

Iran, Russia and China, among other countries, have warned against foreign military intervention in Syria.

Meanwhile, reports say Britain has deployed six Typhoon jets to its Akrotiri base in Cyprus. Waiting to b authorization from David camrom.

The world can't hold back if another false invasion by US as done in Iraq my trigger a WW3.[b][/b]
Reports says that US is in for another oil and military war business. Trying to set up another iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by sammy329(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
R
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Aphrygian(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hmn tank God i will watch everything life and direct on Aljazeera.
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by bcomputer101: 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okada!

Drop me here.

Wey my change? Abi you wan carry am go ni?

Hum! This people don belle full...
Well, make Nigeria military no join them ooo!

Na beg i beg you...

1 Like

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Brimmie(m): 12:57am On Aug 30, 2013
Make dem start the battle jor!!

I jus dey pity some Widow-To-Be!!
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by solomon111(m): 5:24am On Aug 30, 2013

2 Likes

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by solomon111(m): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by bishopjoe02(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Americans wil definitely win d war, bt wth Russia and China involvement dat mean high cost and casualties on their part...
And for Nigeria, more money cos oil price wil increase, why GEJ wil win d nxt electn cos he wil nw have more money to steal and use 4 his campaign

1 Like

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by rash47(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Aphrygian: Hmn tank God i will watch everything life and direct on Aljazeera.

U won't c anything,they won't show u d real action the oyinbo's r smarter than u think... Only d effect of the attack will be shown.
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by cashkid18(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2013
I can smell ww3 around d corner n dis tym it is goin to be fought wit a more deadly nuclear weapons wit d casualties more than ww1 n ww2 combined together..
Hope they dont involve africa dis tym around
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by badmrkt(m): 7:34am On Aug 30, 2013
Heavenly Father, may i halla @ya briefly?
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by musiwa1f: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2013
do
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2013
LoL
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by dridowu: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2013
I am for Team Russia and Team China

1 Like

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by ubong560(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm

end time tinz grin

Cant u see it?
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by fitzmayowa: 8:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Let world war 3 begin
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by solomon111(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2013
bishopjoe02: Americans wil definitely win d war, bt wth Russia and China involvement dat mean high cost and casualties on their part...
And for Nigeria, more money cos oil price wil increase, why GEJ wil win d nxt electn cos he wil nw have more money to steal and use 4 his campaign
There are nuclear materials in play here.
The winner of the war is currently uncertain and whoever it is will be totally devastated for generations possibly giving rise to the emergence of new world powers.
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Emperor007: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmmm, UN delegates are yet to conclude their investigation on the use of chemical weapon.

Secondly, all members of UN Security Council is yet to approve ( agree ), that military option should be used in Syria.

Question : why would they ... Want to strike by all means?

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by 3ace(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2013
bcomputer101: Okada!

Drop me here.

Wey my change? Abi you wan carry am go ni?

Hum! This people don belle full...
Well, make Nigeria military no join them ooo!

Na beg i beg you...
You have been jumping from one thread to the other riding on okada. When are going to buy your own car?
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by drstan(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Where is my bench? Give me jor, make i wait for israel na there own i want hearsmiley
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by fr3do(m): 8:33am On Aug 30, 2013
TeamUS
No to chemical weapons
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by fr3do(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Scratch that!
I take back what I said(wrote)
I'm neutral.
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Uclloyd28(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2013
#team US....I pity russia...I wish US will just wipe all of Russia

1 Like

Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Dz russia ppl,it seems they like problem too much o...russia and germany dz ppl too dae find trouble
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by petrov10: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Dont tink britain will be joining, d house of commons are against the idea .....Cameroon wont go aginst them for sure .......

If America decides to go head 2 head with russia and china ,...Na eem sabi
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by petrov10: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28: #team US....I pity russia...I wish US will just wipe all of Russia
america is a stronger nation , but it wont be wise for them to take russia on., even if they win the war , they wont recover from it
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2013
D united states vs russia and china...d war go bloody sha... Its now u wud start seeing weapons dat u only tot existed in movies,,, mk Nigeria no go claim Giant Of Africa for dz 1 o... Dz is a war between world powers
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Uclloyd28(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2013
petrov 10: america is a stronger nation , but it wont be wise for them to take russia on., even if they win the war , they wont recover from it

US always have a way around their recovery...I just hate the fact that Russia is always poking US....if Russia want a fight, let me come out and challenge US and stop this backroom fronting
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by bishopjoe02(m): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2013
Were is ur source.?
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Uclloyd28(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2013
lygn19: D united states vs russia and china...d war go bloody sha... Its now u wud start seeing weapons dat u only tot existed in movies,,, mk Nigeria no go claim Giant Of Africa for dz 1 o... Dz is a war between world powers

Point Of Correction....Russia is not a World Power!
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by petrov10: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28:

US always have a way around their recovery...I just hate the fact that Russia is always poking US....if Russia want a fight, let me come out and challenge US and stop this backroom fronting
now it is rusia and china , america cant beat em both, the same time
Re: US And Uk Ready For Air Strike In Syria As Russia And China Defend by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28:

Point Of Correction....Russia is not a World Power!
What's wrong with calling it a battle of world powers,when 2 out of d 3nations re world powers...and d remaining nation is a former world power

(1) (2) (Reply)

40+ Strange Things (pics Included) Nigerians Will Find Only In India / US Deploys Nuclear-Capable B2 Stealth Bombers Over South Korea / Members Of The Femen Group Based In Europe 18+ Viewing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.