Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? (6471 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by chookudi(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2013
Considering the fact that footballers nowadays earn mega bucks running into millions of Naira every week in Europe, would you as a parent allow your kids to play professional football in Europe at the expense of his/her education? or would u rather they pursued education instead?

I mean if you were Mikel's parents for example, won't u be thanking God he chose soccer?? Your views are welcome..

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by everyday: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
No
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Fazhy: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think both can go together these days.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by robonski16: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
In nigria NO, but abroad YES,he must finish his secondary school level..
With a lot of graduates roaming the streets of nigeria I fear the worse..

On a second thought if my wife delivers a baby boy,he must start football training the next day undecided

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Obama, gej, ban k moon, iweala and so so so on are education product football is also good as well.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Heyliesha(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
no. 3....ok..slow n steady win d race.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by etochi11(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
I av stayed for 4months and still no job,no hope and u re here still askin.. God should pls give me a child dat cn play and leave d rest for me!!So, footbal.....YES!
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by 3nairalandcom: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
2pac I will teach my male child religion and allow him to be a professional player in position of western education.but as for my female child it is only Islamic school she will attend because of her position in Islam.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by wellmax(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Don't think so. The child will need alot of sense on how to spend the money he'll make. What is even the assurance that he will be signed by a big club.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by chookudi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Fazhy: I think both can go together these days.
One will definitely suffer because of the other..you hardly find players who went on to reach d peak of both....
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by emoone: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
yes, we go to.school to have a secured future the same thing in playing good football
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
What if the child abandons his education and later sustains an injury that renders him incapable of playing the sport, My kid must go to school even if he intends becoming a footballer, if not for anything then at least as a backup plan.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by elsholz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
yes
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Iaz93: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
wellmax: Don't think so. The child will need alot of sense on how to spend the money he'll make. What is even the assurance that he will be signed by a big club.
Your child won't be taught how to manage money in school. You'll have to teach him yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by nnagozie(m): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Well if at the expense of university education...I will ooo
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
Question for the Gods.
Why can't he play and go to @ d same time.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Iaz93: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Well, if he'll be a professional, no problem. Everything boils down to one thing . . . MONEY At least, he'll. get a secondary school cert.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by TVTKOKO(m): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
Only IF there's an assurance of getting a good paying job,which is almost impossible in Nigeria
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by OluwaDrey(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nope! Education first,before any other thing.if u choose to become a robber afterwards,na 4 ur pocket
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
in nigeria, hell no. neither will guarantee u anything here. graduates are cutting their ages, opportunities for work are slim with 1million people applying for 5 vacancies. its the same fate in every sphere of life here whether ur a footballer or graduate. if i were in a sane society that values hardwork whether ur a plumber or a soccer player yes, but for naija hell no.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Ene101(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
BimiOne: What if the child abandons his education and later sustains an injury that renders him incapable of playing the sport, My kid must go to school even if he intends becoming a footballer..
. U wil make a gud parent.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by olaplus170(m): 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
I will give him d full support, I'll even b his manager as in d case of Kaka or Messi, make house money no go outside

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
He must get a first degree before becoming a footballer.

What if something happens along the line and there is nothing he can fall back on?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by eleluabdulsalam(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
chookudi: Considering the fact that footballers nowadays earn mega bucks running into millions of Naira every week in Europe, would you as a parent allow your kids to play professional football in Europe at the expense of his/her education? or would u rather they pursued education instead?

I mean if you were Mikel's parents for example, won't u be thanking God he chose soccer?? Your views are welcome..
footbal is earnin a lot nwadayz,do wt abt if d child subtain and injury,it will be a loss...bt if i ws mikel parent 2day i will be happy 4 him
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by alphaconde(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
Football politics and pastoral work are the only jobs I recommend for my children.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by frankgreat(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
Messilo: Obama, gej, ban k moon, iweala and so so so on are education product football is also good as well.
how old are these people you just mentioned now? when did they start making money and fame? can u compare them @ 28 with mikel? my guy you better go play ball

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by kstyle2(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yes na...he ca alwayz go 2 sch later...evn if my pikin dey final yr n wan defend project den gradute n man city kal me say mak i bring am com,aswear na 1 way tinz...if him refuse,i go make him body leak lyk mocheda nak£D pics...which job for 9ja fit giv u wetin messi dey earn per wk?mak persn no jst provoke me here o...my blood dey hot pas water wey dem dey use do eba...but education is priceless sha

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by kstyle2(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
alpha conde: Football politics and pastoral work are the only jobs I recommend for my children.
....lmao @ pastoral wrk...u get mouth pas unnrepentant ashawo
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
I can oblige if it goes simultaneously, bt his decisions on d Mata matas most.

Good examples re rashidi yekini and Sunday oliseh. Check out d dy/dx urself.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
The painful and most annoying truth is that the wealth of ALL MASTER DEGREE HOLDERS IN MY FAMILY combined cant even be up to that of Samuel Eto'0...FOOTBALL IS SWIMMING IN AN ABYSS OF MONEY,FAME AND PROSPERITY! embarassed
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yes of cos.I will Find evry means to Send him to a football academy,when he graduates,i will personnally be is agent.Futubalu na better business o.Haha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Misogynist( A Man Who Hates Women) / Wives: Do You Feel Comfortable Initiating Sex In Your Marriage? / I Can't Believe It,but My Husband Is Having An Affair!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.