Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! (1795 Views)

Wike Distributes Science Equipment, Materials To 247 Secondary Schools - Photos / PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by arm4u: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
eddiebruk:

You no know say DSTV get Radio stations...?

DSTV service is imported!
The decoder is imported!
The televion is imported!
The extension box, the sockect, the wires, the change over switch, the meter (if any), the transmission cables, etc are all imported.

We are saying it is time for us to rise up and consider industrialisation so we can start producing these things. Then there will be less imports, more jobs and our nation shall prosper!
Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
arm4u:

The National consciousness in China is to produce and export.
That nation can never be poor as long as they continue with that mentality.
My post is a call for such consciousness!

your post is not a call for exporting consciousness

It's more like rejoicing in negativity
Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by arm4u: 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Imanuelle:

your post is not a call for exporting consciousness

It's more like rejoicing in negativity

Too bad if you see it so. Yet I am sure that explained that i deribrately employed sarcasm in the post. The fact is that our consciousness is to buy and buy and that even constant electricity might mean that we shall buy more and more. And we are saying, we need to shift from the way ww think.

When the chinese thinks of Cell phone, he thinks of how to produce it, but when the Nigerian thinks of cell phone, he thnks of how to buy it.

This is what are pointing out! I spoke in parable and you di not grab, then I spoke in plain language and you say its not what i mean.

Bros, you are on your own oo.
Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
arm4u:

the average African thinks of what he will buy with any money tnat enters his hand. This is what we are campaigning against. So many of our corrupt leaders have access to good money, what have they done with it? Our consciouness is not yet producing, we are more of consumers. This is why majority of our graduates are jobless.

The leaders with good money you mentioned are enjoying all of these things abroad, so it is non of their business if you ask them....when the constant electricity comes we will have better use for them, and besides your topic says Danger, and yet your assumption is something else, dont you think its high time you modify it to Pre-Adequate/Resourceful use of constant power supply by an average Man, must every body be in the industry sector...? do you think Nigeria can even stand the ground of going into industrialization full time, do you even try to consider the climate issues related to heavily industrialized nations, oil spillage alone is already causing serious damage to agriculture and fish farming, and also i would like to add that you should try as much as possible not to compare Nigeria to China or India because china has every necessary need to be industrious considering their population, demand for manual laborers in China is very high, their vast population if divided into 6 is what Nigeria is all together, why do you think China has become the home of electronics assembling, it is because demand for laborers in China is very cheap and thus everybody are on the struggle for Job even if the salary is not worth the level of education attained.
Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nice write up dude. Don't mind the bad belles
Re: The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply! by Jamji: 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
the op is just talking b.s. You pay for what you can afford, thats the real deal in many places.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Sets History: Appoints Youngest Special Assistant In Country. / Scores Feared Dead As Bomb Blast Rocks Kano Motor Park / BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.