Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? (4294 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / Can U Allow Your Bride Wear Any Of These Or Ladies, Can U? / When Your Bride doesn't Want You To Fall Into Temptation (PhotoD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by leonshom(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price?
Is it right for a lady to give their fiancé money to pay
their bride price or finance their own wedding? Is
scarcity of husbands a good reason to do so?
GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Monicasque(f): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
no matter how desperate you can be child. never ever ever practise such a thing. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's the his duty not hers even if he is as broke as whatever its his duty

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by 50calibre(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Monicasque: no matter how desperate you can be child. never ever ever practise such a thing. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's the his duty not hers even if he is as broke as whatever its his duty

You are in dreamland, just wait till grey hair and wrinkles begins to appear, you'd see the logic behind paying your own bride price.

I have seen up to three women who not only paid their dowries, but imported the man.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Mynd44: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
What's the big deal? They are gonna be married anyway

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Princesszoe: 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
Monicasque: no matter how desperate you can be child. never ever ever practise such a thing. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's the his duty not hers even if he is as broke as whatever its his duty
Sounds harsh but you are absolutely right. He should do it all alone. When the time for wedding comes, the woman can help if she is bouyant enough.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Gudintent: 5:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Considering most couple will have been courting a while before marriage then I personally see no problem with that. Cos at some point they will have started putting their finances together, what is mine is yours and all that. So rather than it be 'your' money it will be 'our' money.

Then again why the bride price sef? Slavery still in existence undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Tonia500(f): 6:36am On Aug 31, 2013
What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Tonia500(f): 6:39am On Aug 31, 2013
What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa!!!!!!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by jjparagon(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2013
if there is love, it can happen @ op
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by kay9(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Tonia500: What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa!!!!!!!

^^ I hope u're prepared to marry an ape then.

It amazes me how thoughtless some people can be just to emphasize their views or opinions. This poor woman above me has just confirmed she'd rather marry an ape than assist a man pay her own bride price. Of course she neglected to clarify if the ape is exempted from paying the price.

And tomorrow, some domitilla who has been ''bought and paid for'', like an item in the market, will come and start shouting Gender Equality at me. Talk about stupidity...

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Mynd44: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2013
I honestly wonder why we have thrashed the saying that the woman is a helper to the man so what's wrong with assisting him when he is down
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 31, 2013
Sey wetin??marriage is nt by force.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Jessicavizzy(f): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2013
Popowaa: End time tinz
....Did u tink bfor u wrote dis?must everytin b endtym tinz?even sumtin dat does not relate to EndTime...Endtime Got notting to do wit dis.Biko!
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Mynd44: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2013
Jessicavizzy: ....Did u tink bfor u wrote dis?must everytin b endtym tinz?even sumtin dat does not relate to EndTime...Endtime Got notting to do wit dis.Biko!
Na joke na
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by ITbomb(m): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2013
If there is a man that would lower his pride and accept the money , no problem .
But for me , I won't
I would even prefer a scenario where the woman gives money to her 'friend' and encourage me (unknowingly) to borrow money from her 'friend' then both of us will pay back .
That way I know I'm borrowing on my terms and it is my money. Though this may be practically difficult
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by OCTAVO: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
You never sabi anything! They there ooo.
People are doing it than you can even imagine cheesy
With this present harsh economy of Nigeria?
Sidon there.
My best friend did it and till tomorrow their marriage remains glorious. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
kay9:

^^ I hope u're prepared to marry an ape then.

It amazes me how thoughtless some people can be just to emphasize their views or opinions. This poor woman above me has just confirmed she'd rather marry an ape than assist a man pay her own bride price. Of course she neglected to clarify if the ape is exempted from paying the price.

And tomorrow, some domitilla who has been ''bought and paid for'', like an item in the market, will come and start shouting Gender Equality at me. Talk about stupidity...
Don't mind the FOOLISH GIRLS! See their smelling mouth like ''its a man's duty''. Tomorrow now, if we men say we are not going to help out in the kitchen, house chores etc. that its THE DUTY OF THE WOMAN to do that! They will start insulting us, telling us we are not 'real men' and that 'this is 2013'..............FOOLS!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Emekayoung(m): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dont ming those girls saying God forbid,wen they are up to 50yrs and finds out that they are not yet married,their eyes will clear... grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by addictiv(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Emekayoung: Dont ming those girls saying God forbid,wen they are up to 50yrs and finds out that they are not yet married,their eyes will clear... grin
don't mind them they will All do it when tym reach....even those screaming tufikwa n obara jah.......

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Adaeze003(f): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2013
Na wa for the guys aproving this sha. How can a woman pay her gadamn dowry? Damn! Like seriously?
Do you know that it can inflate the woman's ego? Then she'll be rubbing shoulders with you. Tho there are exceptions.
A man should not even accept if she offers.

Speaking for myself, I'll rather ask popsy to reduce the price if he's not so bouyant.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by kay9(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2013
Adaeze003: Na wa for the guys aproving this sha....
Do you know that it can inflate the woman's ego? Then she'll be rubbing shoulders with you. Tho there are exceptions.
A man should not even accept if she offers.

Speaking for myself, I'll rather ask popsy to reduce the price if he's not so bouyant.

^^ Thank you my dear, may our ancestors bless the breasts that suckled you and the man that raised you.

This is how a sensible person talks.

She points out the dangers of doing such (= you may lose your manly pride/respect), then she admits that there are exceptions (= not everywoman is a crazy feminist). And then she proposes a much wiser alternative (= ''daddy i dnt wanna be priced like a market commodity; my dowry should not break my man's bank'').

God bless u jare! If i wasnt taken already, i for begin ask for your digits and bbpin now... smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Adaeze003(f): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lol. Thanks anyway smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Emekayoung(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
kay9:

^^ Thank you my dear, may our ancestors bless the breasts that suckled you and the man that raised you.

This is how a sensible person talks.

She points out the dangers of doing such (= you may lose your manly pride/respect), then she admits that there are exceptions (= not everywoman is a crazy feminist). And then she proposes a much wiser alternative (= ''daddy i dnt wanna be priced like a market commodity; my dowry should not break my man's bank'').

God bless u jare! If i wasnt taken already, i for begin ask for your digits and bbpin now... smiley
Honey look here,if a situation arises whereby a man is financially down,i think the best thing is to ask his fiancee to lend him some money is she is financially stable for d marriage arrangements on promising to pay back instead of going outside to wash their dirty linings in d public,as in asking people to borow.
Think abt it na,e get as e be..
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by oligo2011: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Tonia500: What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa.
u just de talk ,no pray to b with the last man on earth,u go chop him sheet .he go chop us too just to b with each other.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Heaven forbid... ......

Is the man, that broke? sad....
Any woman who accept such, is paving way for a failed marriage... Cause the man will surely mock her, about it during arguments ...

Nah, bad move.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2013
Yes, I will even give him money to buy the rings if I am really DESPERATE. never say ever ladies... I pray we will never find ourselves in such situation.

Remember Isaiah 4:1 says "And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach."

This is not any woman's prayer but many women find themselves in this position. Sometimes, the man may really love the woman but he may come from a poor background. In such cases, the woman may step in and cover his unclothedness by funding the whole wedding. Some men pay their wives back with love and all they have when they make it and other men will use it to insult the woman by saying "she forced herself on me, she even paid her own bride price and bought our rings" Ladies, when you find yourself in this situation, seek biblical advise and make sure you will not commit a marrital error that will hunt you for the rest of your life. Remember marriage is a life commitment!

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Odunharry(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
mubowa: Yes, I will even give him money to buy the rings if I am really DESPERATE. never say ever ladies... I pray we will never find ourselves in such situation.

Remember Isaiah 4:1 says "And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach."

This is not any woman's prayer but many women find themselves in this position. Sometimes, the man may really love the woman but he may come from a poor background. In such cases, the woman may step in and cover his unclothedness by funding the whole wedding. Some men pay their wives back with love and all they have when they make it and other men will use it to insult the woman by saying "she forced herself on me, she even paid her own bride price and bought our rings" Ladies, when you find yourself in this situation, seek biblical advise and make sure you will not commit a marrital error that will hunt you for the rest of your life. Remember marriage is a life commitment!
well said
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ok, Bride price is small anyway.

What about [size=4pt]ibo [/size]LISTS?
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by bravolyk(m): 12:50am On Sep 12, 2013
Amelian: Heaven forbid... ......

Is the man, that broke? sad....
Any woman who accept such, is paving way for a failed marriage... Cause the man will surely mock her, about it during arguments ...

Nah, bad move.

nigeria film go kill uuuuuu
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by michelism(m): 6:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Tonia500: What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa.

Tufiakwa right? You will get to understand the meaning of that 'tufiakwa' in this particular situation at some point in life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marry For Compatibility, Not Love!!! / Unbelievable-see-how-this-woman-died / See 5 Ways To Nail 69 Position Like A Pro (18+ Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.