Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON (4618 Views)

Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / 11 Types Of People You Would Likely Meet In A Nigerian Fast-food Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by bandol(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
By Princewill Ekwujuru

The Association of Fast Food and Confectioners of Nigeria, AFFCON, an umbrella body of Quick Service Restaurants, QSR in Nigeria, said it contributes an annual revenue of N200 billion into the growth of the economy.

AFFCON among other things said its members have also paid over N1billion to various tiers of government in taxes and levies.

The President of the body, Mrs. Bose Ayeni, disclosed this while addressing newsmen on the forthcoming inaugural National Conference of the association with theme: ‘The Role of Fast Food Business in the Global Economy,’ which is scheduled to hold in Lagos, by September 4, 2013.

Speaking on the role the fast food industry plays in Nigeria, Ayeni said that the industry employs over 500,000 workers at processing and retailing levels, in addition to paying over one billion naira to the various tiers of government in taxes and levies.

Stressing the prime position food occupies in human existence, Ayeni said: “Food is at the top of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. That buttresses the primacy of food in human existence. Life is not sustainable without food. With AFFCON, food becomes an experience to anticipate, enjoy and cherish, presented always in a cosy and hygienic environment.”

Ayeni who said that the Nigerian fast food industry is a significant contributor to the Nigerian economy, with an estimated annual revenue of N200 billion, and pays over N1 billion to the various tiers of government in taxes and levies has a massive growth potential and is dominated by some 100 small-to medium –sized indigenous brands with over 800 outlets spread across have potential to become big given the right environment to thrive.

The president who among other things complained of the challenges bedeviling the industry, said top on the list is inadequate power supply, whilst pointing out that about 30 percent of the gross profit made by the fast food companies is used to service power supply.

She went further to say that next is the multiplicity of taxes and levies. “This is compounded by the overlapping functions of several regulatory agencies. These overlapping functions and a lack of coordination amongst such regulators lead to heavy financial burden on fast food companies. She however pleaded with government to ensure that the different regulators have distinct roles that do not overlap.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/fast-food-contributes-n200bn-to-economy-annually-affcon/

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
I am coming soon to give mama kass, uac etc a run for their money
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Afam4eva(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2013
I'm not surprised since a lot of wives rarely cook these days, so the fast foods are booming. Everyday it's either Tastee fried chicken, Tantalizer, KFC or sweet sensation.

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by yulibeautos: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2013
i know!
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by homesteady(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2013
LOL!! Are all this mama put in this association?? gringringrin
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by MrAladin: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Ok.

Can Somebody Tell me What the FG is Putting This Money.

No Insult pls Am jst asking.
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by ebamma3: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not surprised since a lot of wives rarely cook these days, so the fast foods are booming. Everyday it's either Tastee fried chicken, Tantalizer, KFC or sweet sensation.
my friend shut up dia

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by jmoore(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2013
mama put contributes more
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by BedLam: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmmm...... Can we look at it from a health angle? Fast food is becoming part of urban dwellers.

PLEASe WHICH ONES ARE SLOW FOOD?
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by WHIZBRO(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Just a measly 1 billion naira... Someone should be taxing this folks
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by homesteady(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2013
ebamma 3: my friend shut up dia

Why?? Is Nairaland your father's property?? So why telling somebody to shut up?

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by nekaa(f): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2013
Why not? When some pple are paying daily contribution to different fast food outlets...
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Kingspin(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2013
They pay to state government mismanagement team..

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2013
8th to comment...Surely, I will still get there. Amen?
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by AbuMikey(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
Iya Basira on Point!!! cheesycheesy
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by agrovick(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
AFFCON ko champions league ni. Endtime tinz

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by BedLam: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
ebamma 3: my friend shut up dia
W ha T is even wrong with you guys? So because Afam is a Mod he shouldn't talk?

Hate kills faster than AIDS!

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by crystalballs: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
Am opening one soon.
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by slimyem: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not surprised since a lot of wives rarely cook these days, so the fast foods are booming. Everyday it's either Tastee fried chicken, Tantalizer, KFC or sweet sensation.
In today's fast-paced life and busy world, there is nothing better than getting a ready meal. cool
Fast food score more preferably over cooking meals considering the factors involved that hard-working and busy individuals(which a lot of women are these days smiley) cannot meet up with.
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Austeenxx: 11:10am On Aug 31, 2013
Sweet Sensation. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by slimyem: 11:12am On Aug 31, 2013
WHIZBRO: Just a measly 1 billion naira... Someone should be taxing this folks
...taxing them more for what?
The epileptic power supply that's a big strain on the business?
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by yunglykmine(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2013
Hehe!!'AFFCON' ke-- na Nations cup.
Funny associations with funny Names.
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Jayses(m): 11:19am On Aug 31, 2013
Watin i no go see for nairaland , diz kind news de folo make FP , where is ASUU and fg ?
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by veryhotguy: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2013
Fast food over a billion dollars?
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by demelza: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2013
They also contribute to the prevalent epidemic of girls walking around with pot-sized belly.
Kudos
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by vladimiros: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2013
very.hot.guy:
Fast food over a billion dollars?

yes, and in Ibadan we spend Pounds too

oddee
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by 2fine2fast(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2013
So what....In Ibadan alone...Amala joints and other buka join de generate more than 1 billion naira per day.....
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by cornelin(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
me wnt chop mama put rice o
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
That's cool . . .
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by Xyge(m): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
smileyi am not very suprised. just like they'ld say; in times of recession 3 things w'ld sell: water, FOOD and sex...long story short, no matter the state of the nation's economy, man must get fed! wink
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by nenergy(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Their highest revenue is on [size=18pt]Feb. 14th [/size] tongue
Re: Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON by adconline(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
It's contributing 500bn health epidemic to the rich and middle class

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) / Favorite Snack / The World Largest Crocodile Caught In Panama( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.