Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? (8670 Views)

Untold Story: How Biafran Team Helped Nigeria Defend Cup / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by igbo2011(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
Where are the tanks, aircraft's, ships, missiles, bombs, planes, guns, body armor, helmets, bulletproof vests made by us? Right now foreign countries make most of our equipment. How would we defend ourselves if they don't supply us with the products we need? Would we be able to fight off invaders?
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Panzastrip(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
LOL i don't know
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by hunter21(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
In the event of a world war, Nigerias primary and secondary objectives would be to protect from exploitation, nigeria and other african allies most especially in the area of crude oil production, as seen in the reagan era plan of 1978
To achieve that feat on Nigerian soil, our strategy should be to discourage the landing of ground forces especially in the nigerdelta, by putting in place measures that would assure any invading force of high casualty rate. These measures should involve transfering the civil defence corps and nysc to the ministry of defence as well as the conscription of about 300000 males between the ages of 21 to 23: the conscription should exclude "only sons" and should take only one son from a family. That should boost the size of our troops to a million. A bulk of these troops(about 40%) should be concentrated in the niger delta and lagos since any attack is most likely to be targeted at our oil fields via amphibious assault of the south coast. Millitary advisers should also be sent to nieghbouring african countries to help them carryout similar mobilisations.

5 Likes

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Akanbiedu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nigeria should just negotiate its interest with the bigger boys. Nigeria is incapable of defending itself.

I don't know why we are quick to mention OIL in our discussions. Whoever wins is the owner of resources, both human and otherwise.

As Yoruba would say, "Eni l'eru, lo l'eru" LOL. I will appreciate if somebady can translate for me.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by mickyarams: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
The truth is if world war 3 were to happen, no African country has the means of defending itself because most countries in Africa are equipped with weapons from the cold war era and also we rely too much on countries from outside Africa for our weapons. There's a program on discovery channel that shows the latest weapons the Americans and Eurpeans have got and Nigeria will struggle in a battle with any of these countries.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by AdmYamamoto: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
First order is to put any of the most boastful peoples in Nigeria who keep talking about war and secession first to prove their mettle! The grandmasters of war will be in the war room plotting master strategies! grin grin

1 Like

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
LoL
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by igbo2011(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
lygn19:
First strategy is to put d ppl who are shouting 1 Nigeria bcoz of oil,,,at d forefront,,,since dae re boasting of fighting 1 tribe with all manner of imported weapons,,,let's see if really dae can fight against der masters,at least dz tym no1 wud supply dem weapon, If Nd WW3 hits Nigeria,,,I pity u folks,coz I believe dats wud be d chance d igbos have been looking for to beat d pulp out of u ppl,,,since der won't be any UK,or Russia or egypt sending in Arms...

It is funny how we are discussing getting invaded by foreigners and you are talkking about Igbos fighting other Nigerians. The REAL enemy is not other black people. It is foreigners who will permanently settle in Nigeria and Africa. We should be fighting them.

6 Likes

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Confusionist(m): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
igbo2011: Where are the tanks, aircraft's, ships, missiles, bombs, planes, guns, body armor, helmets, bulletproof vests made by us? Right now foreign countries make most of our equipment. How would we defend ourselves if they don't supply us with the products we need? Would we be able to fight off invaders?
why are u asking?
I think ur people can make us war planes and rocket launchers that can match the foreign own. We will simply rely on ur cest beating!
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
1. Yoruba ancestors will defend Yoruba. 2. Arewa will use 9millions almajiri on the street of northern Nigeria including Fulani herd men and civilIan jtf to defend north. Igbos will kidnap any invading fight for money while Niger Delta will use oil to buy arms
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
igbo2011:

It is funny how we are discussing getting invaded by foreigners and you are talkking about Igbos fighting other Nigerians. The REAL enemy is not other black people. It is foreigners who will permanently settle in Nigeria and Africa. We should be fighting them.
I prefer us to be invaded by foreigners,than to continue in a country like dz
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Horus(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
igbo2011: Where are the tanks, aircraft's, ships, missiles, bombs, planes, guns, body armor, helmets, bulletproof vests made by us? Right now foreign countries make most of our equipment. How would we defend ourselves if they don't supply us with the products we need? Would we be able to fight off invaders?

All this weapons are outdated, Nigeria need nuclear weapons as a deterrent to discourage any enemy who want to invade Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by mekaboy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
1 ) Before the war starts one of our major prophets must have seen it and announce, then Nigerians start to run away to different countries on time.

2) Nigerians will resort to fasting and prayer and let GOD fight for us

3 ) Nigerians will join the ombatse cult group and witch crafts. Sending our witches and wizards on air attack , while the ombatse army form the ground force and the Niger delta militants form our water marine force. Igbos will produce locally mad guns.

2 Likes

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
Professor Peter: 1. Yoruba ancestors will defend Yoruba. 2. Arewa will use 9millions almajiri on the street of northern Nigeria including Fulani herd men and civilIan jtf to defend north. Igbos will kidnap any invading fight for money while Niger Delta will use oil to buy arms
LoL...d Almajiri's want go beg d soldiers for money or dem want go fight dem
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Capnd143(m): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
First of all nigerian produces only RPG ,APC's,guns,bulletprove/ballistic vase ,night vision googles, scout cars, mini drones, clusters bombs, rockets, etc and a trainer fight aircraft is currently under production at the airforce institute of technology , the only problem is funding, there are lots and lots of made in nigeria military hardwares bt it is nt mass produced bt rather imported, the first thing would be rapid mass production . . .and meanwhile i can give u prove of existence of everything i said if you doubt me!

1 Like

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
mekaboy: 1 ) Before the war starts one of our major prophets must have seen it and announce, then Nigerians start to run away to different countries on time.

3 ) Nigerians will join the ombatse cult group and witch crafts. Sending our witches and wizards on air attack , while the ombatse army form the ground force and the Niger delta militants form our water marine force. Igbos will produce locally mad guns.
Gbam...lol...at least with a situation like dz d Nigerian govt wud see a reason to give awka gun makers a boost,to mk beta and sophiscated guns,and innoson with a little advancement can start manufacturing war tanks, y since d ijaws no more abt creeks,they can handle d navy,d hausa's wud be more of foot soldiers...while d yorubas...emmm''' sentiment's apart what wud do yorubas do 4 Nigeria?
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
mekaboy: 1 ) Before the war starts one of our major prophets must have seen it and announce, then Nigerians start to run away to different countries on time.

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by ijawcitizen(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2013

Lol....Very funny!
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by cashkid18(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bh still there nah
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by adeswagsdmj(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
dnt wori GEJ WILL IMPORT IT
and there wil b fresh air
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by igbo2011(m): 3:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Capnd143: First of all nigerian produces only RPG ,APC's,guns,bulletprove/ballistic vase ,night vision googles, scout cars, mini drones, clusters bombs, rockets, etc and a trainer fight aircraft is currently under production at the airforce institute of technology , the only problem is funding, there are lots and lots of made in nigeria military hardwares bt it is nt mass produced bt rather imported, the first thing would be rapid mass production . . .and meanwhile i can give u prove of existence of everything i said if you doubt me!

Pleas show me proof. I am really interested in seeing this.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by agberoboy(m): 4:20am On Aug 31, 2013
9ja go call in reinforcements
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by AdmYamamoto: 4:20am On Aug 31, 2013
lygn19:
First strategy is to put d ppl who are shouting 1 Nigeria bcoz of oil,,,at d forefront,,,since dae re boasting of fighting 1 tribe with all manner of imported weapons,,,let's see if really dae can fight against der masters,at least dz tym no1 wud supply dem weapon, If Nd WW3 hits Nigeria,,,[size=20pt]I pity u folks,coz I believe dats wud be d chance d igbos have been looking for to beat d pulp out of u ppl,[/size],,since der won't be any UK,or Russia or egypt sending in Arms...

So ibos have been looking for a chance to retaliate? LOL...I hope other Nigerians can read and learn the sample of what is going through the minds of the average ibo man! Let Yorubas who have access to our governors and leaders make these kind of comments known to them, don't treat it with kids gloves! The only guarantee for peace is a state of preparedness for total WAR! We know this is part of the reason you cannot leave Yoruba land...keeping your "enemies" closer, ba? Well, let my people keep making preparations, the day cometh!!
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 31, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:

So ibos have been looking for a chance to retaliate? LOL...I hope other Nigerians can read and learn the sample of what is going through the minds of the average ibo man! Let Yorubas who have access to our governors and leaders make these kind of comments known to them, don't treat it with kids gloves! The only guarantee for peace is a state of preparedness for total WAR! We know this is part of the reason you cannot leave Yoruba land...keeping your "enemies" closer, ba? Well, let my people keep making preparations, the day cometh!!
LoL...so u dae fear'''

1 Like

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by AdmYamamoto: 4:33am On Aug 31, 2013
lygn19:
LoL...so u dae fear'''

Fear for WHERE? If anyone should fear, it is you and your people! It is good that you people can not hide your hatred anymore for the Yorubas, something we've always known! But be sure we will treat your fk-up completely! How can ibos hate the South Westerners so much yet you cannot leave their lands alone??
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Brimmie(m): 5:40am On Aug 31, 2013
lygn19:
First strategy is to put d ppl who are shouting 1 Nigeria bcoz of oil,,,at d forefront,,,since dae re boasting of fighting 1 tribe with all manner of imported weapons,,,let's see if really dae can fight against der masters,at least dz tym no1 wud supply dem weapon, If Nd WW3 hits Nigeria,,,I pity u folks,coz I believe dats wud be d chance d igbos have been looking for to beat d pulp out of u ppl,,,since der won't be any UK,or Russia or egypt sending in Arms...

Tribalist Ode!! Go drink the Oyel na!
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:

Fear for WHERE? If anyone should fear, it is you and your people! It is good that you people can not hide your hatred anymore for the Yorubas, something we've always known! But be sure we will treat your fk-up completely! How can ibos hate the South Westerners so much yet you cannot leave their lands alone??
I ve gone tru history,enuf to knw from amongst our two tribes who hate each other,,,its only yoruba's dat wud wakeup and say delta"igbo"s re not igbos,,,its only yorubas dat wud say Lagos is only for yoruba, yet they re d one's dat re majority in d oil industry in d Niger-delta,Its only yoruba dat wud wakeup and say Biafra wz fought bcoz of oil,,,,I ve gone tru most of dz topics on Nairaland,and immediately I see d topics,I go to the owner and its definitely a yoruba guy... What do I get in hating u,I just hate ur lifestyle, u ppl re back stabbers

3 Likes

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 31, 2013
Brimmie:

Tribalist Ode!! Go drink the Oyel na!
Tribalist Ode! Go chop d lagos na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 31, 2013
African bulletproof.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by UyiIredia(m): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2013

Necessity is the mother of invention. During the Biafran war the Igbos resourcefully made use of ogbunigwe's, locally-made firearms, fast-growing food crops etc. I agree with Ojukwu that it's sad sych talentex wasn't recruited and utilized after the war the way the Americans did with Bazi German scientists. That said, there are the potential is there and war would only push it further into action, the Nigerian Army Engineering Corps is not sleeping I know for a fact that good-quality locally-pistols and heavy-duty guns have been made by them for decades now.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by naptu2: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2013
Cool! I've found a home for my posts. I'll be back when I'm free.
Re: If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? by Pistolx(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2013
since i was a kid i have been hearing abt diz world war 3,wen e go hapen na,i kant wait fa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha / Boko Haram Releases New Video Of Recent Engagement With The Nigerian Army(Video) / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rode On A Horse To Celebrate Xmas With Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.