Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP (23362 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Is Your Brand A Nun In A Mini Skirt Or A Thug In A 3 Piece Suit? - Art, Graphics / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ijeebest - you have nothing to say
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
ijeebest: oga,
someone walking in the bank told me this yesterday. Call someone in that branch and confirm this. Why not call the staff involved yourself and see the face he will receive you with. No need to argue over this. the guy has been fired from work. too bad!

Let everyone clean up their acts. The bank is a service org whose products can mostly be perceived through their representatives. If the representative is defective, the bank is.Thus the legal person needs the natural person to represent him adequately. Where one natural guy can't adequately do that it is only reasonable that someone else be allowed to.After all, thousands will fall when this one legal fellow falls.

OP, I knew this might happen embarassed
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by garri4all: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
playstation:

That advert is not done directly on CNN, its done on dstv, they are only viewed when you are in nigeria, Dstv uses the advert time of any other CNN advert to show UBA advert but its always in time with the main advert CNN is doing at that particular time. wink

No you are wrong, I live in Austria and I see the UBA advert too whenever I watch CNN. I usually see Zenith and UBA advert on CNN International. It makes me freaking happy as it draws me closer to home and I usually tell my friends and anyone who cares to listen that those are Nigerian banks. grin
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by boladez(m): 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
ijeebest: @poster, I think you are happy now that the guy has been sacked. lets think about the implications of our actions before we act. the power of the pen is mightier than the sword. Food taken off the table for all the people that depend on this guy..

I really feel for this poor guy

I am happy the guy was fired!! His manager should not have been placed on suspension but also fired, it shows the manger is not supervising the branch effectively.
As a business owner you invest good money to start your business and build the client base.
One staff comes on all fours promising heaven and earth......
you give him the opportunity and he forgets he is just an employee......he gets so arrogant he treats your customer as if he is offering a favour to work what do you do?

....fire the bas$$$rd before he chases your customers away and kills your business.

Most of the bankers I see at csu and counters are so full of themselves that they need to be kept in check. Many of them do not know how difficult it is to get customers to part with deposits or make money. They sit in their ivory towers myopically dwelling on some dumb procedures manual without the capacity to apply simple common sense!

It is quite annoying to see people lack basis knowledge and be so arrogant about it. They never want to go the extra mile for anyone except big Oga's are involved.

Poster, you have done very well, I encourage the educated to always stand up and challenge recruitment errors like the affected UBA staff. Maybe the service industry will get better. I doff my hat for you poster and I am impressed and say kudos to the management of UBA for doing the right thing.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by pek(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2013
one thing I keep noticing here is the word staffs ......pathetic!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2013
UBA has plans to truly comeback to take the Front seat in banking services. My questions for there preparedness are as follows.

1. In these days of Remodelling, Face lift of bank branches, Is it an issue to call in the experts to give their banking halls a new experience ?

2. Can UBA plunge in some extra budgetary sum @ this last quarter of the year, to see some total turn around in their Brand Image.

3. Can we have a more Social Platform connection with the young people, who take the name of your brand everywhere?

4. Can they increase the CSR input in visible projects that can touch the grass roots?

5. The ODD red suits worn by customer service staff, is it possible can be disbanded?

6. Can we see more Product research and development evolve round their products?

7. Can they rigorously align there staff with Training and Development, whereby staff are conveniently pulled out from the work environment, and go into a sessions of Trainings in both Soft skills and Technical skills for a couple of days?

8. Can a Learning Gap survey be carried out by all staff, to harness the true issues they are facing ?

9. When was the Last job satisfaction survey carried out.

10. How they do they unwind @ the end of the quarter or financial year.

Though suggestions,but I think this can serve as guide for Change Development in the organisation.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by dabigwalls: 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
wetin de do this one undecided
The thing wey no do you.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Pelicanmedia: 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
wao
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Pelicanmedia: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Supreme Court Orders Akingbola To Face His N5bn Trial / Cost Of Billboard Advertising In Nigeria (Abuja)? / Naira Swap Difficulties: Fairmoney Upgrades Mobile Banking App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.