Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (737418 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
ileobatojo:
Efe, since you're not sure of her getting in at 5, I think you should start her in the catholic school. Hopefully, she will take to it and you won't miss the opportunity to get her into a choice school.

If she doesn't do well there though, couldn't you place her back in the nursery?

Thanks Ile.

You are correct and CC also made me look at this from my blind spot.

I know, I know, I know, but I'm just not happy about it. Hubby also thinks she should start at the mainstream school too. Yep, the option to put her back in the nursery is always there. Infact, she'll have to do both schools so we can continue working.

If only the mainstream school can give her the darn full time place, then this won't be an issue for us at all as it'll be easier to work around.

(sigh).
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Ile.

You are correct and CC also made me look at this from my blind spot.

I know, I know, I know, but I'm just not happy about it. Hubby also thinks she should start at the mainstream school too. Yep, the option to put her back in the nursery is always there. Infact, she'll have to do both schools so we can continue working.

If only the mainstream school can give her the darn full time place, then this won't be an issue for us at all as it'll be easier to work around.

(sigh).

Oh, I must have missed the detail about the school not having a full time slot for her. Would you then have to pick her up after school, drop her in the nursery then go back to work? If so, that kinda sucks. Hopefully, it would be just for a short time?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
ileobatojo:

Oh, I must have missed the detail about the school not having a full time slot for her. Would you then have to pick her up after school, drop her in the nursery then go back to work? If so, that kinda sucks. Hopefully, it would be just for a short time?

It does suck big time, but we'll just have to adapt, the same way we did with the boys.

Thing is, the age gap between her and our last son is almost a decade, so we'd practically forgotten how stressful juggling multiple school runs can be. We did it before and we'll do it again.

I guess there's a ray of hope somewhere here because even after the deputy head explained / outlined / stated the school's criteria on giving out those full time places for her age group, he did say, "having said that, we'll look into your request and take it into consideration."

Now don't you just love the English with their cunning, non-committal, generalist(ic) statements? cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

It does suck big time, but we'll just have to adapt, the same way we did with the boys.

Thing is, the age gap between her and our last son is almost a decade, so we'd practically forgotten how stressful juggling multiple school runs can be. We did it before and we'll do it again.

I guess there's a ray of hope somewhere here because even after the deputy head explained / outlined / stated the school's criteria on giving out those full time places for her age group, he did say, "having said that, we'll look into your request and take it into consideration."

Now don't you just love the English with their cunning, non-committal, generalist(ic) statements? cheesy

Lol! Really cunning. cheesy

Yeah, after almost a decade, I bet it's like starting a whole new thing again. But hopefully, you'll all settle nicely into the routine and time will fly by. All the best dear! kiss

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
^^ Thanks, Ile. kiss kiss

God dey sha. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by debosky(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Madame XY well done and hope the decision you take is the best one for the little girl and the family as a whole.

One thing to bear in mind is that admission to nursery is not necessarily a guarantee that the child will get admitted to the primary (especially if it's oversubscribed). I think you should find out what the latest admission criteria was and whether you'd fit in (of course projecting out 2 years away) at the time of application.

Secondly, if it only 3 hours a day at one nursery and the rest at the private one, the benefit appears slim to me, especially if (see above) nursery admission doesn't guarantee primary admission.

Kids are more resilient that we often give them credit for and I'm sure she'll settle down nicely whichever choice you make.

All the best.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
^^ Thanks, Debosky.

A lot of food for thought - much appreciated. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2015
Happy Birthday to a sister from another Mother,may peace and love never depart from your home.

Have a blasting day cococandy kiss

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2015
It is well efe. Please dont worry about it too much.
Most things we worry about and have sleepless nights about end up falling into place in the end
All will be well & your princess will be fine kiss

Coco happy birthday babes kiss

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 9:34am On Feb 23, 2015
edwife:
Happy Birthday to a sister from another Mother,may peace and love never depart from your home.

wow that's a real cake shocked

OMG thanks a lot edwife. smiley

So beautiful

2 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2015
chaircover:
It is well efe. Please dont worry about it too much.
Most things we worry about and have sleepless nights about end up falling into place in the end
All will be well & your princess will be fine kiss

Coco happy birthday babes kiss

Thank you smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jnrbayano(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Happy birthday Cococandy.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2015
cococandy:

Thank you smiley

Happy Birth Day!!!

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by wonlasewonimi: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Please where can I get ewedu and Iru in london, I need to do abula and amala for someone special tonight.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
@ EfemenaXY, sorry was off the grid for the past 48 hours. Everything I can think has already been covered. Personally, I'd leave her where she is sha. A stressed parent equals an unhappy child. That 3 hours is just not practical and the 'waka-bout' is enough to wear the lil' princess out sef! Imagine having to do that 5 days a week as a 3 year old?!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
jnrbayano:
Happy birthday Cococandy.

Best wishes!
thanks smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Happy birthday Coco.............may your dreams come true wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
edwife:

Is that real? grin

Happy Birthday Lor.. May your wish come true in Jesus name. Enjoy your day smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ewuro4:

Is that real? grin

Happy Birthday Lor.. May your wish come true in Jesus name. Enjoy your day smiley
Amen smiley
Thank you.

Edwife is just so sweet grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cococandy,

happy birthday sweet! May all your dreams come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofviL8chwk

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thank you dear smiley
Nice compilation grin
carefreewannabe:
Cococandy,

happy birthday sweet! May all your dreams come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofviL8chwk

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
cococandy:
Thank you dear smiley
Nice compilation grin

Plenty of different happy b-day songs just for you. wink

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by netotse(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
@Jamie Bond
Happy Birthday...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ewuro4:

Is that real? grin

It is tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
cococandy:

Amen smiley
Thank you.

Edwife is just so sweet grin

You sweeter .... smiley

Hope you are having a filled day.....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro4: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
edwife:

It is tongue

angry angry

where's mine?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
edwife:

EdWife you are cheating.
Until I see the remaining candy in the coco, you stole this cake from somewhere.

Happy birthday cococandy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
edwife:

You sweeter .... smiley

Hope you are having a filled day.....
yea smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

EdWife you are cheating.
Until I see the remaining candy in the coco, you stole this cake from somewhere.

thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

EdWife you are cheating.

Chei chilli why you dey spoil my hustle.i bought the cake o for moi then i just decorated it with coco's name for her Bday grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ewuro4:

angry angry

where's mine?

When is your Bday?i will do the same for you grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Happy birthday cocoanut hope you had a lovely day Gods blessings now and always

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.