Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (737635 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by sailormoon: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by WambyDiapers: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2017
Good morning Mamas. How are we today? Did you hit the beach and have a great time with baby this Easter?

This is the start of Holiday season and this is such a great time to start baby on swimming lessons. Did you know you could use cloth diaper covers for swimming? Honest! Plus swimming is a great mental and physical exercise (wait till your child who never likes eating grabs a bowl of eba and okra soup desperately after their first swim class and Knocks off at 8pm till 7am the next morning! grin). Plus there are educational benefits for swimming (in Nigeria and relating to abroad, you would be surprised to learn of them). It's always best to start them early, 3 months is ideal for a private pool and 6-8 months for a well-maintained public pool in Nigeria. Read more:

http://mameandboo..com/2017/04/this-is-how-we-go-swimming.html

1 Share

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by gidimafia: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
If boredom is killing you..here WhatsApp me 08088925453 and I will make it worth the while..

Call me Chatter box
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by gbolahanoluyemi(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by gbolahanoluyemi(m): 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Married to an Adulterer?
How can the law help you?
Gallery image
Gallery image
The law provides remedies for victims of extra marital affairs
In recent times, allegations of adultery by public personalities have occupied the social media. This no doubt changed the fact that many married persons are married to adulterous spouses. While some are aware of this fact, many are ignorant of the situation. This publication considers adultery under the Matrimonial Causes Act, how it is proved and the remedy available to a spouse who has been a victim of adultery.

The Court of Appeal in IBEABUCHI v. IBEABUCHI reported as (2016) LPELR-41268(CA) defined Adultery as consensual intercourse between two persons of opposite sexes, at least one of whom is married to a person other than the one with whom the intercourse is had, and since the celebration of the marriage.

Establishing adultery in a court of law is not as easy as it is in the cultural system. In law seeing your spouse hanging out with an opposite sex on a date with nothing more may not amount to sufficient proof of adultery. To successfully establish adultery, there must be sexual intercourse and the sexual intercourse must be voluntary and at least one of the parties must be married. Rape does not amount to adultery.

Adultery is one of the grounds permitted by law for the dissolution of marriages provided the adultery has not been condoned by the spouse. Adultery is difficult to be proved, judging by the fact that adulterers usually exercise extreme secrecy during the act. The law however allows it to be proved by inference from circumstances where it cannot be proved by direct evidence.

Proving adultery is not as easy as alleging adultery, the co-adulterer must be joined in the petition, under Islamic law, an allegation of adultery leveled against a woman must be proved by the testimonies of four unimpeachable Muslims who must have seen the adulterous act. However, in the secular court which applies the Matrimonial Causes Act, direct evidence which is very rare can be given, adultery can also be proved by circumstantial evidence that could be in various forms e.g. If the victim can prove that the spouse had contacted a sexually transmitted disease from a third party during the marriage, this will give rise to a presumption of adultery; If the victim proves that the spouse visits a brothel with an opposite sex, it will be presumed that such a spouse has committed adultery; confessions of spouse; birth of a child outside wedlock etc.

The law is that, a party to a marriage whether husband or wife may, in a petition for a decree of dissolution of the marriage alleging that the other party to the marriage has committed adultery with a person claim damages from that person who has committed adultery with his/her spouse. You can sue your husband's girlfriend and get damages, likewise husbands can get damages from their wives' boyfriends.

The purpose of the damages for adultery are not to compensate for the loss which the victim has suffered, even though the Court may consider matters such as damage done to the victim by the blow to his/her honour, the hurt to his/her family life and injury to his/her feelings, the court may give directives with regards the manner in which the damages awarded shall be paid or applied and may, if the circumstances warrant, direct that the damages be settled for the benefit of the victim or the children of the marriage.

It must be noted that, the Court will not grant damages in respect of an act of adultery committed more than three years before the date of the petition. To learn more or ask questions about marriages, divorce and the law, please send us an email via lawcandles@gmail.com or olivesandcandles@yahoo.com

Engaging in adultery cost us religious benefits and can also make us pay huge sums in damages. So when next you receive a proposal from a married person, think twice or better still, confide in a lawyer.

extracted from https://www.smore.com/scgxr

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by raffypaps(m): 12:11am On Apr 25, 2017
PLS MY PEOPLE I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE, AM MARRIED BUT EVERY TIME I FEEL LIKE HAVING FUN WITH HER SHE ALWAYS GIVES FLIMSY EXCUSES BY DENYING ME AND SHE IS NOT A WAYWARD WOMAN
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by 199MERCIFUL: 10:01am On May 01, 2017

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by ibiboss: 12:09am On May 03, 2017
Please my daughter is contesting in cussons competition. Please spare us few minutes to vote for us. Click this link to vote http://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm4-top50/item/view/?id=237638 . Thanks
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Knetpro(m): 8:59pm On May 03, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Today is my son's birthday make una wish am happy birthday o.

For all those who wish am happy birthday one bag of dangote rice is waiting for you

Dangotesmummy, hihihihihi!!! kikikikikiki!!! Hai!!! Kai!!! Zo mana!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by dangotesmummy: 9:04pm On May 03, 2017
cool
Knetpro:

Dangotesmummy, hihihihihi!!! kikikikikiki!!! Hai!!! Kai!!! Zo mana!!!
what is zo mama again o.what does that mean?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:57am On May 05, 2017
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:59am On May 05, 2017
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by remsonik(f): 7:35am On May 09, 2017
Good morning all,pls I am doing a clearance sales of all my organic products in stock. I am moving and I have to sell everything off. I have coconut oil, sheabutter, cocoa butter, beeswax, blacksoap, honey, cinnamon, turmeric, carrot oil, henna. .... Pls send a PM if interested or whatsapp 08132617478
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by ozo8080(m): 6:36pm On May 13, 2017
Fresh

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by BadBouy: 10:05pm On May 16, 2017
Why here Kon dull like this
Who dey
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by remsonik(f): 10:56pm On May 17, 2017
Get your organic products

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 19, 2017
Motherhood.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by joeace2020(m): 5:30pm On May 23, 2017
1bkaye:
cheesy

You deserve cane.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by joeace2020(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2017
Dimples182:

Deleting your atrocities? grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 23, 2017
joeace2020:

You deserve cane.
Lool grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 23, 2017
joeace2020:

Deleting your atrocities? grin

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Khonifer: 9:24pm On May 31, 2017
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by pickabeau1: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
Inhumane acts performed by a carer of a Special Needs Child https://www.nairaland.com/3833079/daughter-cerebral-palsy-battered-therapist/

Sign the petition at https://www.change.org/p/department-of-homeland-security-stop-child-abuse-rescind-the-mandela-award-and-u-s-visa-granted-to-bisola-abayomi-ojo

Also Tweet at the following @WashFellowsip @YALINetwork @MandelaFellows #YALI

Such inhumanity is bringing down the name of Nelson Mandela

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.