Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? (2376 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Sister Made Shocking Revelations, How Can I Manage The Situation? / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
From a Reader.

I have a 13 year old younger sister. She is not wayward, & she doesn't like boys (that's what she tells me)

I started to take note of my sister's movement & body 3 weeks ago. She would refuse to eat, & vomit at least twice a day, even our air-freshener nauseates her & she stays out all the time.

This morning, I stood behind her when she was vomiting, & she didn't know I was there. She was shocked to see me standing behind her & she mumbled something about fever, so I checked her eyes, they were pale. I wasn't convinced yet, so I made her take the home pregnancy test.

She started crying when the result showed that that she was pregnant. She went on her knees in tears & said "Aunty Simi, please help me, I'm pregnant, please help me"

I'm confused now as to what to do. The baby daddy doesn't know yet, & our parents too. Should I tell our parents or what other things can I do? Please help me, she's just 13 years old!

- Simisola

Source: http://olakunleologunro..com

Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by simms2013: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
What a funny question, well what a man do? i will allow her 2 delivered d baby at the right time.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Mynd44: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
If the baby daddy is +18, get him arrested for statutory rapè if not...oh well.

Get a qualified doctor to perform an abortion....life goes on

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by optimusprime2(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
Y'all see the reason why Abortions are the most approriate decisions in some cases?
Look at it from my perspective;
1- is a 13yr old girl's Physiology developed enough to cope with a pregnancy for 6months+?
2- Do you honestly fink a 13yr old in most cases, can give birth to a baby without complications during birth that may leave her permanently Damaged?
3-lets be rational here; The Mortality ratio between an Abortion and Maternal Labour/Delivery on a 13yr girl which is higher?
4- Did you know pregnant girls who are below 18yrs, stand a higher risk of giving birth to a deformed child e.g: Downs syndrome etc
theres more, but lets ponder on these few I'v stated...
Would you let a 13yr old go thru all those Risks, just because you want her to keep the baby(who is also at risk)?
But in the end, its your Choice
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by ifeoluwaomotoso(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
firstly, i wl embrace her and ask ao it happened, we let d family know abt it abt pray for safe delivery. Reaction to prime comment: a lady is viable to bcome pregnant wen; 1. When shes mature, She can menstrute and ovulate 2. Wen she take proper medication to prevent complication(s) if any. 3. Wen d pelvic waist can suspend d foetus. More stl coming, follow my chat.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by jmoore(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
She must deliver the baby. I will never be part of murder.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by kay9(m): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2013
13?? Christ...

I've always felt abortion is murder, but this... Putting a 13-yr-old through 9 months of pain (and prolly life-changing trauma, or even death at childbirth), i dunno.

I think reassuring her, and then visiting a good doctor would be the first steps... And then on to catching the devil-in-human-clothing that did it to her.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by HoneySuckle(f): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
She shoulda flushed the thingie down the toilet! Or maybe Postinor after se x . She'll learn now anyways.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Mynd44: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2013
HoneySuckle: She shoulda flushed the thingie down the toilet! Or maybe Postinor after se x . She'll learn now anyways.
Hmmm
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by mysticgal(f): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2013
she must born oh
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
This ur story get k leg.

How will a thirteen year old know she is pregnant?
Just bc u wanna advocate for something u manufactured this rubbish? Even with a missed menses, she will never know.
Mtcheeew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by HoneySuckle(f): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This ur story get k leg.

How will a thirteen year old know she is pregnant?
Just bc u wanna advocate for something u manufactured this rubbish? Even with a missed menses, she will never know.
Mtcheeew!

Idiots like you shouldn't be allowed here! Can't you read? Or didn't you see that she took a home-made pregnancy test?
Mtcheew! You need Jesus
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
Poster above r u drunk? How old r u?
We don't exhibit childish tantrum here. Get it?
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Enegod(m): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
thirteen yr old pregnant!!! lawd haff mercy..
#ghostmode#

Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by HoneySuckle(f): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Poster above r u drunk? How old r u?
We don't exhibit childish tantrum here. Get it?

I. D. G. A. F. Get that into your skull.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Most insensitive comment and coming from a lady........you really think abortion is safer?
HoneySuckle: She shoulda flushed the thingie down the toilet! Or maybe Postinor after se x . She'll learn now anyways.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by OmoAlata1(f): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
In as much as I don't advocate abortion, the best option for that girl is to get rid of that pregnancy ASAP. Please trying to find out if the sex was consensual. If the guy is 17yrs or above, please arrest that idiott n put him in jail.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by dayokanu(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Remove that foetus sharp sharp
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Tinkybabe(f): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
13?! shocked
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wow. 13....

Give it up for adoption

Or

Abort cry
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Joyeux: 8:31am On Sep 01, 2013
13 ?.keep it and dont arrest the individual that is responsible let they both parents know so that it can be handled by them.
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by skydeep(f): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Mynd_44: If the baby daddy is +18, get him arrested for statutory rapè if not...oh well.

Get a qualified doctor to perform an abortion....life goes on
You cant be so sure it was a rap'e
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Mynd44: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2013
skydeep:
You cant be so sure it was a rap'e
Statutory räpe does not mean having forceful intimacy with someone, it is someone above 18 having intimacy with a minor
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by skydeep(f): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Statutory räpe does not mean having forceful intimacy with someone, it is someone above 18 having intimacy with a minor
Ok. The person responsible might be a minor too
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Mynd44: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2013
skydeep:
Ok. The person responsible might be a minor too
Which is why I said "If not, oh well"...meaning you accept that and move on
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by magkhan(f): 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
The most defenseless of all creatures is the baby in the womb...call it cell,call it blood,call it whatever,the fact still remains that at the time of conception,growth begins.
if my 13yrs old sis takes in,and all test results proves she and the baby is good to go...she will carry and give birth.the whole family will rally round her...
sorry for the one responsible if he is not a minor
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by gramci: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
I hate abortio, if the bastard responsible for it is above 18 get him fixed
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by Vome: 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Have a younger sister of 13 but I can't think of that happening talk more what to do I've never supported abortion buh ...I dunno
Re: What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? by jakandeola(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
OmoAlata1:
In as much as I don't advocate abortion, the best option for that girl is to get rid of that pregnancy ASAP. Please trying to find out if the sex was consensual. If the guy is 17yrs or above, please arrest that idiott n put him in jail.
why are u so heartless DAT u want to kill a baby did u think is right. let her born. Abortion is a sin what if she die in tge proccess .if d guy pass is 17 is bad but ask ursef was she rape. did she enjoys it or she has been messing around.did u know girls matured pass guy. even d guy is 17 he might look small than d girl. in my area I know girls of 12 13 messing around can u call dose ones kids

(1) (Reply)

How To Forgive An Ex / Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? / Enjoy Ileya Promo Price With Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.