Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Husband Or Not. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Or Not. (2661 Views)

Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Who Is More Important; Your Husband Or Children? / Your Husband Or Wife's Best Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
I need the opinion of married women in this section because I am confused.

I am in my early twenties with a fantastic job. I recently broke up with my ex for reasons unclear to myself.
You see he is a good guy. Was ready to settle down and all. Loved me to pieces but for some reason I kept breaking up with him. I pinned it all down to the fact that I was not attracted to him physically.

I am a practicing christian and as such have/will not engage in sex before marriage. I am not sure if this is where the problem is arising from because I have not/never been s3xually active.

So pls how important is physical attraction in a marriage.

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Not. by greatgod2012(f): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Did the guy tell you that you aint physically attractive?

Do you realise that it is what you think about yourself that really matters. How can you believe within you that you aint physically attractive. You said you are a practising christian, yet, you dont believe that "you are fearfully and wonderfully made".

Have right mindset about yourself. Possess self confidence and maintain your dignity, and ou shall attract that guy that is made for you.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Physical attraction is very important, it has nothing to do with whether you are sexually active or not . It might not be everything but it is necessary to be attracted to your spouse physically, sexually and otherwise.He might be a good husband but you might find yourself cringe at his touch when he tries to fulfil his conjugal right.Sex is an integral part of marriage,so marrying a man you don't have the urge to be physical with will definitely render rigid.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think op is the one not physically attracted to the guy.

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Not. by RoyalRoy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Its very natural not to be physically attracted to the opposite sex.

Just follow your guts!

If he doesn't attract you physically, it can't be forced....maybe you start looking out for someone else who excites you both physically & sexually.

Will do your marriage a lot of good!

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Not. by greatgod2012(f): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
byvan: I think op is the one not physically attracted to the guy.

ok then
Re: Husband Or Not. by biolabee(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
Too little info here but if I were to hazard a guess....... u need a badt boy to do you right cheesy
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
byvan: Physical attraction is very important, it has nothing to do with whether you are sexually active or not . It might not be everything but it is necessary to be attracted to your spouse physically, sexually and otherwise.He might be a good husband but you might find yourself cringe at his touch when he tries to fulfil his conjugal right.Sex is an integral part of marriage,so marrying a man you don't have the urge to be physical with will definitely render rigid.

I thought so too but i hear after 2 years or so of marriage these things (physical attraction) tend to matter less.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Royal Roy: Its very natural not to be physically attracted to the opposite sex.

Just follow your guts!

If he doesn't attract you physically, it can't be forced....maybe you start looking out for someone else who excites you both physically & sexually.

i know it cant be forced. my question is on its importance.

anyone can have s3x without physical attraction so is it that important?
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
chaircover: physical attraction is important . . very important

Yes you can have sex with someone you are not attracted to . . .but for how long?

remember that this is marriage, not just some random person you meet in a bus or the cinema who you dont have to see again.

You need to be physically attracted to your partner. Its the physical attraction that doesn't make you notice the bad breath in the morning after a night of drinking wine grin
I wud agree with you that it helps you overlook a lot of things...but weighing it with other non-physical qualities my ex has which I love him for it seems trivial. Moreover beauty is fleeting.
Re: Husband Or Not. by mgbeketoto: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Nothing to do with S-E-X!
That is just life. .and human nature.

NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT. . .EXCEPT DEATH! kiss

The next man will NOT be better either. . .JUST CHOOSE ONE AND SETTLE DOWN!

Period! kiss

THE BEST PART OF ANY RELATIONSHIP IS THE 'CHASING' OR 'COURTING' phase!
E DEY SWEEEEEEEEET TOOOOO MUSSSSSSSH!!!!! CHAIIIIII. . . . . !!!!!! cry

Toto go dey WEEEET, blockos dey STRRRRRRRONG GAAAAN!!!! grin

ONCE YOU TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES. . . game SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. . .OVA THE BAR!!!! kiss

Like ADAM and EVE. . . . una EYE go clear SHARP-SHARP and una BLOOD PRESSURE GO "KAM" DAAAAAAN WELLU-WELLU!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
ininiana: I need the opinion of married women in this section because I am confused.

I am in my early twenties with a fantastic job. I recently broke up with my ex for reasons unclear to myself.
You see he is a good guy. Was ready to settle down and all. Loved me to pieces but for some reason I kept breaking up with him. I pinned it all down to the fact that I was not attracted to him physically.

I am a practicing christian and as such have/will not engage in sex before marriage. I am not sure if this is where the problem is arising from because I have not/never been s3xually active.

So pls how important is physical attraction in a marriage.
Erm, the way i understand it, physical attraction is sexual in nature. Now if youve never been sexual with him, how do u know there is no physiical attraction? Abi is physical attraction your. new way of saying the dude is Ugly??
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Royal Roy: Its very natural not to be physically attracted to the opposite sex.

Just follow your guts!

Huh??
Re: Husband Or Not. by mgbeketoto: 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
The reason why SINGLE PEEPS should NEVER take advice from SINGLE PEEPS!

The case of the blind leading the blind!!!!! grin

Mu ha ha ha ha ha

Time for my swwwwweeeeet work jarrrre!!! cool
It is TEE-SHIRT-FRIDAY!!! BOBBBBBBY AND NI-PPPP-LLLLES mus show!!!! cool

TGIF!!!!!! cool
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 31, 2013
Bludeville:
Erm, the way i understand it, physical attraction is sexual in nature. Now if youve never been sexual with him, how do u know there is no physiical attraction? Abi is physical attraction your. new way of saying the dude is Ugly??

Physical attraction is that feeling of "I wanna do him "That comes to you each time you look at him.You don't have to be intimate to be physically attracted to someone.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 31, 2013
ininiana:
I thought so too but i hear after 2 years or so of marriage these things (physical attraction) tend to matter less.

I have been married for more than that and I tell you that physical attraction still matters.There must be something about your spouse that sets your blood on fire, if not,your passion for being intimate with him ll be dead before 2 months and most marriages ll last longer than that.
Re: Husband Or Not. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:13am On Aug 31, 2013
Phema:

Huh??

Confused? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What I meant is that, you won't be attracted to all men/women that comes your way. Its normal to find some physically attractive and some not.

Now physically attractive in this Op's context is about being "sexually drawn" to her boyfriend (if am correct).

You will see a fine man, tall, handsome & elegant, yet you don't find him physically appealing....maybe because of how he dresses, sits in a chair, the way he eats or the way he walks!!

Physical attraction goes beyond the "physical". Its the character & charisma behind that person.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2013
biolabee: Too little info here but if I were to hazard a guess....... u need a badt boy to do you right cheesy

Mr BB,when did this one start naw?
Good guy gone bad u r!
Repent!

But u r right in a way!
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2013
ininiana:
Big fat lie. Don't believe such pls
Re: Husband Or Not. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:22am On Aug 31, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Big fat lie. Don't believe such pls

You are so right!!

It matters for as long as you are together. Infact it will be a determining factor in the long run!
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Poster,if u r not physically attracted to d guy,exit. Period.
Don't even waste ur time trying.

Rule 1 for any intended; u MUST be physically attracted to each other.
2;others can now follow.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Winneygirl(f): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2013
A lot of ladies have not clearly defined love.
'You love him so much' or
'You'd like to think U love him so much' ??
U didn't give much info, but I'd say that U dont have a very good/close friendship with him. The love U 'feel' is that which is written in the mind, not born of the heart.
Ur heart is not with him. It has nothing to do with physical attraction.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2013
Royal Roy:

You are so right!!

It matters for as long as you are together. Infact it will be a determining factor in the long run!
Mr RR, I will vote for u( if we r allowed to vote)only if u promise not to ban me!
Re: Husband Or Not. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:36am On Aug 31, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Mr RR, I will vote for u( if we r allowed to vote)only if u promise not to ban me!

Lolllz......I don't think Tgirl is allowing peeps to vote o!!

But if it comes to voting....hmmm...and you madam yellow sunlight vote for me....well...maybe I will give ur good topic a front page honour.....how about that?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Royal Roy:

Lolllz......I don't think Tgirl is allowing peeps to vote o!!

But if it comes to voting....hmmm...and you madam yellow sunlight vote for me....well...maybe I will give ur good topic a front page honour.....how about that?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 31, 2013
greatgod2012: Did the guy tell you that you aint physically attractive?

Do you realise that it is what you think about yourself that really matters. How can you believe within you that you aint physically attractive. You said you are a practising christian, yet, you dont believe that "you are fearfully and wonderfully made".

Have right mindset about yourself. Possess self confidence and maintain your dignity, and ou shall attract that guy that is made for you.
It is well.

Physical attraction as in there is no chemistry between them.

@OP

Physical attraction is very important
Re: Husband Or Not. by Brimmie(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2013
Religion has done more than good.

I can see you neva shared at least a hot wet kiss!!
Re: Husband Or Not. by biolabee(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2013
Abi oooo...

Wetin I go talk

At first it sounded like the guy was boring but having no attraction is not good

She will always want to look outside if she goes ahead

@OP
So either you leave the relationship or look again as you may be using MnB idea of romance to define what you mean.

Some guys/girls are like ugly duckings

Morning YPP
smiley

yellowpawpaw:
Mr BB,when did this one start naw?
Good guy gone bad u r!
Repent!

But u r right in a way!
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2013
byvan:

Physical attraction is that feeling of "I wanna do him "That comes to you each time you look at him.You don't have to be intimate to be physically attracted to someone.
shocked you are right but what i mean is " i wanna do him" is sexual in nature seeing as she is a "practicing christian, she is not allowed to think like that now...btw, havent you ever accidentally "fallen" into bed with someone you find physically unappealing and then when you kissed ( now switching to pointer sisters song) uh uh....fire! doesnt that count as physical attraction?
My mum told me it was like that with her and my dad, when they were courting she almost couldnt stand him and was always complaining to her sis and mom that she couldnt marry him but they will start listing his credentials/ good side and they convinced her ( of course love wasnt that important then) but when they married and he touched her...fire! ....even till now i still see the sparks between them old as they are.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2013
@ Bludeville, Mmmmhhh,how does one accidentally fall into bed with someone they find repulsive,i really don't believe in accidentally falling into bed abeg.
Re: Husband Or Not. by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2013
byvan: @ Bludeville, Mmmmhhh,how does one accidentally fall into bed with someone they find repulsive,i really don't believe in accidentally falling into bed abeg.
LOL!
it happened to charlotte in sex and the city and she married the guy grin grin. it has also happened to a close friend of mine , ( or maybe it was me ;-) , i forget grin) only thing is the guy was even more repulsive after .. and left a horrible after taste in my erm i mean in her mind.. the eeew, i cant believe i did THAT!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Killed It Between Me And This Woman (the Love Of My Life)? / The Othello Effect or Syndrome / Men Of These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.