Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,348 members, 7,780,936 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:51 AM

6 Skills To Learn To Earn Some Cash - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Skills To Learn To Earn Some Cash (2219 Views)

Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / 6 Skills Every Job Seeker And Professional MUST Have / 6 Skills That All Extraordinary Entrepreneurs Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Skills To Learn To Earn Some Cash by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 31, 2013
With the alarming and increasing rate of unemployment, learning a skill to support oneself is indispensable. Be it school or work that occupies our time, learning a skill is worthwhile.
In this article, I will analyze some skills worth learning today.
Let’s go!
1. Musical Instruments:
This happens to be first on the list due to the extent to which the service is needed. Learning how to play Drums, Guitar, Piano, Trumpet and other musical instruments are skills worth acquiring. I said this because events in which these services are needed are always re-occurring evenon daily basics – marriages, burials, birthdays, and the like. If time permits, attach yourself to any of these groups that renders these services around you perhapsby paying to them some fee.
2. Typing:
Learning to type, I mean real fast will go a long way in not just putting some cash in yourpockets but could also add to your secretarial skills especially if your work interest is or will be in that area. You can learn at any the road sides centers or professional bodies on how toeffectively use major office packages to type and preparedocuments.
3. Web Design/ Programming:
This is just another worth acquiring skill. This is because the prospect of becoming your own boss is a sure possibility as you can set up your own Web Design firm where you can design websites or develop apps for money. A lot of sites or applications we use today were made by people like you and I who deemed it fit to learn this skill.
You could learn this skill evenat your convenience online/offline or enroll in any of the trusted schoolsor seminars offering tutorials on this. You could also hook up with guys who are advanced in this, ask them about some “how tos”; honest-hearted ones may help. But of course, you need some tools to be effective – computer (laptop/desktop), modem and others.
4. Hair Dressing/Barbing:
This might sound weird or perhaps odd. But, what is more important here? Viewing it as odd due some juvenile reasons or acquiring the knowledge then thereafter making some cash with it? Thelatter should be more important, isn’t it?
Moreover, it’s lucrative! Yes, it is!
Why not meet some of these persons already involved in this trade and inquire of how much they derive from it? Youmight be amazed at their response.
5. P Photography/Video Coverage:
This is just another skill that struck my mind while compilingthis post. Perhaps, you are not aware of how much the guys you see with cameras make from either videoing or snapping.
Let me pull you a bit. Think of the last time you attended a social gathering, did you took some snaps? Did you see others do the same? How about the camera man with thecamcorder covering the occasion? Do you think he is foolish doing that? What’s my point here? A skill whose services are generally needed is worth learning. Oneof such skill is the subject matter.
To start learning, hook up with some professionals in your locality, indicate your interest, pay some fee if necessary, and in no distant you will have just one more source of getting some cash.
6.Phone/Computer repairs:
I know of several persons who get their daily bread fromthis, even on a part-time basis. Hence, learning how to make repairs of phones and/or computers is another skill that I strongly recommendfor you most especially if you are Tech oriented. You could also start learning at any of the road-side repair centers.
Conclusively, whether you area jobless graduate, don’t waste that precious time sitting at home. Learn something today that could assist you tomorrow instead of waiting on the government or white collar jobs. If you arestudent, learning a skill even while in school is worthwhile as well

Source:
http://www.fullcurrentblog..com/2013/08/6-skills-to-learn-to-earn-some-cash.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Food Concepts PLC Pay Struture. / Unlimited Free Browsing / DSAP: Daystar Skill Acquisition Programme Set 15 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.