Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application (1280 Views)

Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming / What Development Chain Do You Use For C++? / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by auxizain(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Started learning how to use pyramid framework and i really like it very fast and easy to learn
Thought it will be nice to know which frameworks you guys are using .
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by Ajibel(m): 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
I just started using Django. Almost half way thro' with d tuts buh PHNC no get human feelings hia cry cry
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by auxizain(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibel: I just started using Django. Almost half way thro' with d tuts buh PHNC no get human feelings hia cry cry
sorry..i'm based in Ghana and our electricity has been stable for sometime now .
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 01, 2013
auxizain:
sorry..i'm based in Ghana and our electricity has been stable for sometime now .

undecided like is everywhere in ghana
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by shehunDEgreat(m): 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls, which framework is nairaland using?
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by AZeD1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Flask
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by aitoehigie: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
shehunDEgreat: Pls, which framework is nairaland using?
nairaland was coded up in cherrypy.
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by Nyt: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
I use Django mostly because of its large user base and existing modules (including the built-in admin interface) but I'm learning CherryPy because I feel it is more flexible than Django. You just have to look at the available options, figure out what you want to do and choose the platform that supports that the best.
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by dannie04: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ajibel: I just started using Django. Almost half way thro' with d tuts buh PHNC no get human feelings hia cry cry

It's nice to see someone doing similar project to mine. I'm currently taking an online course on python and also learning django on my own concurrently. The only problem I have is the fewer documents on python 3.32 and django 1.52.
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by Ajibel(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2013
dannie04:

It's nice to see someone doing similar project to mine. I'm currently taking an online course on python and also learning django on my own concurrently. The only problem I have is the fewer documents on python 3.32 and django 1.52.

I dunno why you chose py3k, bad move/choice for a learner!!!
Yeah learning django is a BIG problem. I have just 3 ebooks on it. 2 are for beginners buh they are behind the current django release. The third is for djangonauts buh current. Just learn it the hard way and keep a Note on what ur studying. I called mine "Django_Note" and wrote it to my understanding like a tutorial so it'd be my updated ref. Also try and visit regularly every django-related site out there where u can find django notes and articles to help u.
Happy Pythoneering (coding) cool
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by dannie04: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ajibel:

I dunno why you chose py3k, bad move/choice for a learner!!!
Yeah learning django is a BIG problem. I have just 3 ebooks on it. 2 are for beginners buh they are behind the current django release. The third is for djangonauts buh current. Just learn it the hard way and keep a Note on what ur studying. I called mine "Django_Note" and wrote it to my understanding like a tutorial so it'd be my updated ref. Also try and visit regularly every django-related site out there where u can find django notes and articles to help u.
Happy Pythoneering (coding) cool

Thanks. I signed up for some courses online that were teaching based on py3k and I also wanted to move on with the trend and save some time that I would eventually spend on learning py3k later. For django I'm following the tutorial on their website. The django users group on Google+ is equally helpful.
Re: Which Python Web Framework Do You Use For Your Web Application by Ajibel(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
dannie04:

Thanks. I signed up for some courses online that were teaching based on py3k and I also wanted to move on with the trend and save some time that I would eventually spend on learning py3k later. For django I'm following the tutorial on their website. The django users group on Google+ is equally helpful.

if u already have a background in py 2.7, then u wont have prob's learning py3k. I make use of both- py3k for pygame and py2.7 for every other thing python can do. Overall, ur decision is fair... I prefer django usenet group to g+ (that was bias of me) cheesy I dont like g+ thats why grin

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With AIML On Android / Need Help, Please Help! Java / PHP Programmers:Name Your Best HMVC Framework

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.