Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... (27669 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by yinkard4me(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2013
endtime is here
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2013
Jesus words are Faithful and true... Read the bible. Meditate it an reflect upon it lest at any time thy be decieved........ My prayer is that may His grace shine upon us cos without it we wont be able to live a holy life that is required for heaven... Someone pls help me tell the catholics that purgatory doesnt exist.. Repent now before its too late

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Kslib(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2013
See them as usual!
Very very lazy set of people who prefer to rather swallow any garbage someone throws at them packaged with a religious label rather than sit down and reason like the humans with brains God created them to be...
Look at how the op beautifully brought out his points with valid explanations,but the best most of the religious drunk lost souls could do was to start warning him on how not to incure the wrath of God... ..........
Rather than bring out their own valid points to counter-attack that of the op's,they resorted to the cheap way of putting "fear" in his head just like they're known for..
Deluded bunch who think sitting down,analysing,thinking hard and asking questions about things in religion/xtianity which aint clear to you automatically means 'you're incuring the wrath of God/provoking him' ...
All izz well!

11 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by locust01(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2013
Finally seun has bowed to garri republic na End time things dey top 4 nairaland. Watching what seun will do. @ topic I pity u .
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Ekpekus(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2013
Every human being has been given a role to play in life which I will call CHOICE. You are entitled to your choice of believe and opinion however the consequences that follows every action of your choice are not negotiable.

Heaven and Hell is very real and not a myth. Choose not to believe now however when you get there, which ever part of the divide you land, then you will surely affirm that its not just true but real. Selah!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Debroslink:
Why are you then obeying God's commandments? Is it not to make heaven and avoid hell?
The thing is, you are not sure if there is heaven or hell. So, to be on the safe side just obey His commandments.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by slimes(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2013
Each to his or her own belief. It is better to be faithful then when your time is up, you go to face God and realize there is no Heaven or Hell than to live a carefree life and later regret.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Yeahreen(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2013
Really nice writeup. Alot to really think about.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by haibe(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2013
Baybe: Just obey God's commandments and stop thinking about heaven and hell

exactly! !! you just said my mind baybe.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Chimerase(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2013
Dis is real END TIME angry
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by chakaz(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2013
otijah: @op will u shut up b4 u incure Gods wrath upon urself
and ur Generations, if u like keep talking rubbish and believing rubbish, let me tell u ar entering hell straight no hold up for road.
You have to let the op learn what you think he do not know and not by outrightly judging him. God have not given you the authority to judge rather He gives the power to convince others. Peace!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by OCcool: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2013
well, the crux of the matter is this: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by haibe(m): 10:40am On Sep 01, 2013
Debroslink:
Why are you then obeying God's commandments? Is it not to make heaven and avoid hell?

dats part of it but the main reason is to have a person relationship with Him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by nnagozie(m): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2013
Jst live a righteous life.....I don't see what u will loose by so doing
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by joshuaidibia(m): 10:47am On Sep 01, 2013
I once posted a thread lyk dis some weeks back. U cn have a look,and mayb it can help clear some douts or help believe in H&H. https://www.nairaland.com/1375544/heaven-hell-real
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by stjudas(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2013
The existence of Heaven and Hell might be true, but resurrection from the dead by man is totally false! Because even the story of Lazarus and The Rich Man is only a parable. It never happened! Don't forget when Mary mandalene told Jesus that Lazarus was dead, Jesus said he (laz) was asleep.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by captainsinzu(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2013
;DI don port 2 september oya dance skelewu.. . . . . Sign of end time undecided
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by charlesm91(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2013
pls hell exist n souls go there. In the final judgement, soul,death n hell will be cast into the lake of fire n dats second death. Hell n lake of fire two diff. Things. We shouldnt repent outta fear of hell bt our of fear of GOD in love

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2013
so where is abacha? man hell is it
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Onliie(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2013
infonubia: [ It's a long read.. Please, I promise it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes ]

If I ask whose report would you believe? Without knowing what am talking about, your religious mind will simply say "I believe the report of the LORD".

Unfortunately, that is not true on several matters. And one of such matters is that of life after death.s (who are renown) they saw in hell.

Well, I choose to believe the report of the Lord as recorded in his word (the Bible). Not the test
Yes I'm aware that KJV translated v. 23 to say "in hell" instead of "in Hades (the realm of the dead)". Revelation 20, will clear the air, that the devil goes in there first, AFTER the beast and false prophet then death and Hades and then others whose names were not found written in the book of life. Please read Revelation Chapter 20 - 22 to get more clarity on this.

5. It surprises me that some Christians, now need somewhat testimonies to know who goes where, and themselves are not even sure of their own destination.

Maybe this could be of help this morning:

a. No one is condemned or judged because they are SINNERS. Every man is condemned because primarily he/she REJECT God's provision for SIN. These are not my word have sent." -- John 17:3
These are things that gives me assurance that if I close my eyes in death today, I will open them with the Lord! Not somewhat testimonies.

Then someone may then ask me, "are these people telling a LIE?" Well, I don't know.

What I know is "let God be found true, though every man be found a liar..." I would rather believe God's word than man's testimonies that can change tomorrow. What if they wake up tomorrow to change the testimonies? What happened to those whose faith is anchored on such?

If all these testimonies have no correlation with God's word, I can't believe them.
..And when the people [instead of putting their trust in God] shall say to you, Consult for direction mediums and wizards who chirp and mutter, should not a people seek and consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living? [Direct such people] to the teaching and to the testimony! If their teachings are not in accord with this word, it is surely because there is no dawn and no morning for them." -- Isaiah 8:19-20

.....Stories And Testimonies. -- Join this with the title of this write up. I got you...

Happy New Month!

Timothy Adigun

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/why-i-dont-believe-in-heaven-and-hell.html

Read this link
http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/dead.htm
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2013
It doesnt matter whether you believe in existence of Heaven and/or Hell, the truth is, they DO NOT exist except in the minds and creeds of religionists.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by tushbobo(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2013
Your report actually supports the existence of hell.Whether humans transit to hades before going to hell is immaterial.Reason: The dead are unconcious and are without time(it wouldn't look much longer to a man who died a thousand years ago to the judgement day to a man who died last year).Even if hell would be non-existent until aftr judgement as suggested by you,the fact is hell exists.The spirit world is much more different brother

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by stexsy(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2013
Hell was originally meant for the devil n his agent but some men ve decided to sell their spirit n soul to d devil and therefore will end up in hell with the devil. Any person living in sin belongs to d devil n will end up in hell fire with the devil. Talking about peoples testimony concerning heaven n hell points to one thing which is that all the people who lived in sin while on earth are in hell and i believe their story. God is just using them to correct the living cos he does not want anybody to perish wit d devil in hell.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by 2ndChance: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2013
Until true christians start using their brains and studying the bible to know the truth, we will continue to have pastors and brethren feeding on the ignorance of others to the detriment of the faith.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by UKDBOSS: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2013
Most of what u said is true but u shld change d topic to #why u dont biliv testimonies about hvn nd hell# because frm ur write up u agree dat hvn nd hell exist. Secondly, ur premise dat only jesus died nd awoke from d dead is wrong because jesus nd d apostles raised many dead nd jesus promised dat we ll do greater works implying dat we too will b able to raise d dead

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nellizzy(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013
i comment my reserve
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013

And where is your freewill huh You need to reject these Jewish traditional religion. They themselves do not believe it. Why must an African carry this bondage of Jewish ten commandment on his/ her head? Don't you want to be free?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2013
Donalð Genes:
Simple obey God and believe Jesus Christ died for your sins, my sins, our sins, everybody's sins..and walk according to laws' you don't need someone to tell you this, you're matured enough to know all this___ask yourself where do you get that oxygen you're breathing with? do you think everything you see in this life just wake up and exist just like that?
'if anyone feels like twisting the bible, That's her his or her own cup of tea, Judgement i shall be judge according to my deeds, same as anybody else.

Obey which God sef? And which jesus died for you?!! Stupid Africans with slave mentality all over the place.....you guys stink of stupidity!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2013
Profbrian: Jesus words are Faithful and true... Read the bible. Meditate it an reflect upon it lest at any time thy be decieved........ My prayer is that may His grace shine upon us cos without it we wont be able to live a holy life that is required for heaven... Someone pls help me tell the catholics that purgatory doesnt exist.. Repent now before its too late

REDICULOUS !!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by mercenaryx(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2013

Ignorance.....
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2013
Gombs:

Phil 2v12

Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, [size=32pt] work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [/size]

New Living Translation
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions
when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is
even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

King James Bible
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed,
not as in my presence only, but now much more in my
absence, work out your own salvation with fear and
trembling.

NET Bible
So then, my dear friends, just as you have always
obeyed, not only in my presence but even more in my
absence, continue working out your salvation with awe and reverence,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Therefore beloved, just as you have always obeyed,
not when I am near to you only, but now when I am
far from you, all the more, with awe and with
trembling, do the service of your life.

If you wanna debate it, open another thread and invite me.

@Heaven and Hell tin, don't get your stand point, and the heading is misleading...are you simply saying YOU DON'T BELIVE in HEAVEN and HELL? No vex... Be more clearer
Unfortunately, you are part of the people that takes scriptures out of context and apply it wrongly. Can you work out your own salvation without God's strength? YOU?? angry
Before you start quoting scriptures and using several translations, atleast you will read in context.
Do you start talking by using the word "therefore"? Read the verse before and then the ones after the verse you are talking about. Then you will see your own ERROR!
Verse 13 of the sample Chapter says this (AMP)
" [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."

Am using the same translation you used. Please, did you see that: NOT IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH? I don't think there is a need to debate that! Please, it is God that WORKS in US, not we ourselves!
And if I may add, the OP didn't say he doesn't believe in HEAVEN and HELL, he simply said he doesn't need any man's testimonies to believe God's word. What can man's testimony tell, that God's word is not EXPLICIT about?
Please go read the OP again, join the title "Why I don't believe in Hell.." with his last statement ".....Stories And Testimonies" and stop judging a book by it's cover...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by mercenaryx(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2013
ifeness:

REDICULOUS !!!

Don't blame him or her sir..... Blame ignorance and monism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Refutation Of The ‘testimony’ Of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / Take EndSARS Protest To Church: Sowore, Small Doctor, Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.