Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... (27670 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by johnstar(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
*confused* lipsrsealed...... Wat abt ppl wey knw dey go church, like me, bt I belive in GOD almighty cheesy
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 01, 2013
Wateva d@s ur own cup of tea,me z goin 2 church, 2 worship @ d presence of my God,even charging in HiS presence grin
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2013
This is exactly why other races laughs at the black man. They are so dumb,they see nothing good in their own things. A black man being a christian is a pure disgrace. All those rubbish in the bible were meant for slaves. WORSHIP,OBEY,SERVE........... WHO DA FUCCK IS THIS GOD YOU ALL SERVE?!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by emorse(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2013
Kslib: See them as usual!
Very very lazy set of people who prefer to rather swallow any garbage someone throws at them packaged with a religious label rather than sit down and reason like the humans with brains God created them to be...
Look at how the op beautifully brought out his points with valid explanations,but the best most of the religious drunk lost souls could do was to start warning him on how not to incure the wrath of God... ..........
Rather than bring out their own valid points to counter-attack that of the op's,they resorted to the cheap way of putting "fear" in his head just like they're known for..
Deluded bunch who think sitting down,analysing,thinking hard and asking questions about things in religion/xtianity which aint clear to you automatically means 'you're incuring the wrath of God/provoking him' ...
All izz well!

Guy wetin happen na? You dey inside my head? #smile#
@TOPIC.
I believe somewhere in the bible God said "I honour my word(which we believe is written in the bible) more than my name(correct me if I'm wrong). The OP just quoted God's word - the bible! If anyone thinks he's wrong, why don't they correct him using the same bible?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by hod898(m): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Op, it is obvious that you were DOUBTING the existence of heaven and hell. Therefore, you tried your best to find evidences that discredit their existence without even finding much evidence that credit their existence--ignorance.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by swhiss: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2013
In a nut shell....yea heaven is real it is Gods place of dwelling...and only a limited number of people will have the oppurtunity to go up there to rule wit christ [exactly 144,000, revelation 14:1]...and who will they rule over??
They are going to rule over the other multitudes of humans who survived tru after God has cleared the wicked from de earth.

As for hellfire its not a bible teaching..wen adam rebelld against god..God simply said from de dust u were taken and dere u will return, he never mentioned hellfire...similarly wicked pple today will simply be cut off and once they die they hv paid for their sin and have no hope of a ressurection [psalms 37:9,10]. Our God is love he can never throw pple into a fire to be tormented forever..thats brutal and unlike him.
Serve God cuz u love him and not becuz u fear to be thrown into sme sort of fire!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2013
ifeness: This is exactly why other races laughs at the black man. They are so dumb,they see nothing good in their own things. A black man being a christian is a pure disgrace. All those rubbish in the bible were meant for slaves. WORSHIP,OBEY,SERVE........... WHO DA FUCCK IS THIS GOD YOU ALL SERVE?!!
If you are dumd i'm not and proudly black.
You don't also think that a black man being an atheist is a pure disgrace?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2013
What I understand but hell and heaven is very simple nd clear the bible make clear of selected bible going to heaven which are the hundred and fifty four thousand who are to rule as kings and prince in heaven rev 14 vs 1-3 while the bible mention the great crowd who come out of the great tribulations rev 7 vs 9. Those would reside on earth. The bible mention a thousands a year reign of christ on earth if every body is going to heaven then who would create rule on earth for a thousand year reign.

As for hell it's also mean sheol hades which mean grave try and do research if jesus when to hell when he died does its means he is a sinner pls check your bible very well there is no record of hell fire instead sulphur of Lake of fire like Sodom and gomorrah which was destroy with brimstone and fire
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2013
When u re dead u re dead is not possible to go to heaven or hell then you come back to earth rubbish try and read king James version first edition most translators of the bible change so many thing in the bible first christ was not born on Dec 25th fact have proven so
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by emorse(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2013
hod898: Op, it is obvious that you were DOUBTING the existence of heaven and hell. Therefore, you tried your best to find evidences that discredit their existence without even finding much evidence that credit their existence--ignorance.
your post suggests that you have there evidence. Can you share them and enlighten us please?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Gombs(m): 11:30am On Sep 01, 2013
zadok_the_pt:
Unfortunately, you are part of the people that takes scriptures out of context and apply it wrongly. Can you work out your own salvation without God's strength? YOU?? angry
Before you start quoting scriptures and using several translations, atleast you will read in context.
Do you start talking by using the word "therefore"? Read the verse before and then the ones after the verse you are talking about. Then you will see your own ERROR!
Verse 13 of the sample Chapter says this (AMP)
" [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."

Am using the same translation you used. Please, did you see that: NOT IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH? I don't think there is a need to debate that! Please, it is God that WORKS in US, not we ourselves!
And if I may add, the OP didn't say he doesn't believe in HEAVEN and HELL, he simply said he doesn't need any man's testimonies to believe God's word. What can man's testimony tell, that God's word is not EXPLICIT about?
Please go read the OP again, join the title "Why I don't believe in Hell.." with his last statement ".....Stories And Testimonies" and stop judging a book by it's cover...

sir, he wanted to know what the verse meant . . . Didn't you notice that?

l said it is up for debate if he wants to.If he want to check before verse 12 or after verse 12,its up to him.You already started the debate, whereas I asked him if he want to, not you. If you wanna debate it too,ya should as well start another thread and invite me .

Warm Regards,
Gombs
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2013
luluosas: @Timothy Adigun, unfortunately the story of heaven and hell according to the bible and these revelations you are trying to discredit are TRUE.
Whether you believed the bible and disapproved human testimony about heaven and hell is immaterial because humans that hell was not originally created for are there right now.
Therefore, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, so that you will not end up there. God bless you.

Please, how did the OP "try" to discredit the story of heaven and hell as recorded in God's word? Please, stop reading with your coloured reading glasses of religion. The OP's intention is so clear. You don't need someone testimonies to believe God's word. Heaven and hell is real, but God would not send someone from the DEAD to tell you that. That was what Abraham told the rich man in that story, and that is God's word, which is final.

And if I may add this, can you WORK out your own salvation? YOU?? without GOD?? You simply can't. Religion might say so, but God's word says a verse after where you quoted that "..for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure..."
I think is right for us as God's children to judge right judgement. And please don't judge a book by it's cover.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Gombs(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2013
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/604-who-are-the-144-000-of-revelation-7-and-14

swhiss: In a nut shell....yea heaven is real it is Gods place of dwelling...and only a limited number of people will have the oppurtunity to go up there to rule wit christ exactly 144,000, revelation 14: 1-3 .and who will they rule over??
They are going to rule over the other multitudes of humans who survived tru after God has cleared the wicked from de earth.

As for hellfire its not a bible teaching..wen adam rebelld against god..God simply said from de dust u were taken and dere u will return, he never mentioned hellfire...similarly wicked pple today will simply be cut off and once they die they hv paid for their sin and have no hope of a ressurection [psalms 37:9,10]. Our God is love he can never throw pple into a fire to be tormented forever..thats brutal and unlike him.
Serve God cuz u love him and not becuz u fear to be thrown into sme sort of fire!!

grin grin
Fixed

Open a thread if you wanna explain that further for me
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by chingydaboss(m): 11:34am On Sep 01, 2013
@op... stop teach in heresy... Heaven and Hell are real...

He who has an ear let him ear...
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by dozieo(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2013
Fools say in their heart that their is no God and God was in heaven laughing at the foolishness of men,my friend even the wisest king Solomon believed and worshiped Jehovah God with all his wisdom and wealth,who are you then to say you do not believe in God's words.Please retrace your steps and ask God for forgiveness before it is too late!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by DonaldGenes(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2013
ifeness: This is exactly why other races laughs at the black man. They are so dumb,they see nothing good in their own things. A black man being a christian is a pure disgrace. All those rubbish in the bible were meant for slaves. WORSHIP,OBEY,SERVE........... WHO DA FUCCK IS THIS GOD YOU ALL SERVE?!!

I think it will be disingenuous for you to open your mouth and say this? Now, let's cut to the chase buddy, "Is your brain thinking for you or your azz is doing the thinking for you cos i don't just understand how you reason like a toddler, you don't believe in God and you are breathing with His oxygen and still spewing sh.t...

lemme take you down this bible verse proverbs 3 vs 19 says "The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens"[/i]_________From here you should know that there is a force Called God who makes everything me and you are enjoying today..you better repent my dear...this your so-called "wiseness" can ruin you, you think you're smart abi?

lastly,proverbs 10 vs 14 cap it this way " [i]Wise men lays up knowledge but the blabbing of a FOOL brings ruin near"
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by stanbiggi(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2013
The bibe says except ye have the heart of a child,you cannot see the kingdom of God, so keep wondering wealther its right or wrong or whom to believe when he has told you I am the way,truth and life, and above all there is none to meet their father... I have spoken ur blood will not be required in my hands

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by purpinkx(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2013
The wages of sin is *death* and the gift of salvation is *everlasting life* ...

Adam sinned,he died ( no everlasting life if God doesn't resurrect him(aka.gift of salvation) )

when i was a kid we were told God will make the world a beautiful paradise again ... What happened growing up ?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by esere826: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2013
@OP

LOL, Wow!!!!
I'm sure ur amazed at the level of ignorance of a number of 'sheeps'

Neither accepting nor disproving your theses
many commentators did not get your cunning titling:

Why I Don't Believe in Heaven and Hell.....Stories And Testimonies.
-- Join this with the title of this write up. I got you ...
smiley

Our education system is getting worse at churning out zombies sha

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by iamdsam: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2013
I also don't believe in heaven and hell. I think it's just an illusion especially hell
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Halen(f): 11:45am On Sep 01, 2013
Everybody should know God for them selves....I still wonder why I only hear nigerians dieing n coming back with revelation about heaven n earth.I NEED MORE OF YOU JESUS
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by AjanleKoko: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2013
esere826:

I still continue to differ, education has little to do with it. Rather culture is the real issue.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2013
Gombs:

sir, he wanted to know what the verse meant . . . Didn't you notice that?

l said it is up for debate if he wants to.If he want to check before verse 12 or after verse 12,its up to him.You already stated the debate, whereas I asked him if he want to, not you. If you wanna debate it too,ya should as well start another thread and invite me .

Warm Regards,
Gombs
Brother, there is no debate here! It's clear enough for us all to see. Am so sure, [infonubia] is simply taunting! And if you seek to answer him, that you have not done. You simply quoted a scripture for him, which am sure he knows. He simply asked "Btw, pls tell me how to "work out salvation with fear and trembling". Quoting scripture incompletely or without explanation does not help.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by alexleo(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2013
@OP,
I agree with you, pls stick to the bible.
On the condemnation of the testimony, I disagree with you there. There is heaven and there is hell. Its in the bible too. Hell is a place of torment. Its in the bible. Heaven is a place of eternal joy and bliss as the bible describes it. If you believe the words of Jesus concerning hell without twisting it that's ok. Believe the bible that's very good.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
Donalð Genes:

I think it will be disingenuous for you to open your mouth and say this? Now, let's cut to the chase buddy, "Is your brain thinking for you or your azz is doing the thinking for you cos i don't just understand how you reason like a toddler, you don't believe in God and you are breathing with His oxygen and still spewing sh.t...

lemme take you down this bible verse proverbs 3 vs 19 says "The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens"[/i]_________From here you should know that there is a force Called God who makes everything me and you are enjoying today..you better repent my dear...this your so-called "wiseness" can ruin you, you think you're smart abi?

lastly,proverbs 10 vs 14 cap it this way " [i]Wise men lays up knowledge but the blabbing of a FOOL brings ruin near"

Get lost with ur Jewish bible! Look into ur common sense rather. You cannot think without the bible,then you will remain a slave to it.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
otijah: @op will u shut up b4 u incure Gods wrath upon urself
and ur Generations, if u like keep talking rubbish and believing rubbish, let me tell u ar entering hell straight no hold up for road.

Your type is everything that is wrong with the false apostate Christianity that is being preached by false pastors and so called prophets today.

Read the word of GOD and know the truth, stop following God out of fear, that is , if you know him.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by cachal: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
we all know hell (Naija)
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE: When the doctrine of hell and eternal damnation leaves christianity....then programming with fear and nonbelieve threat will cease......with these, christianity will die easily with years

Christianity is not hinged on heaven and hell, it is based on the love of GOD to a dying race of rebellious human beings, with his offer to them of everlasting life. The consequence of rejecting this gift of love is eternal death.

If you have been deceived for years with the hell and heaven myth being falsely preached from many of these citadels of confusion, you have yourself to blame for not examining the scriptures to see if those things you heard were true.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
otijah: @op will u shut up b4 u incure Gods wrath upon urself
and ur Generations, if u like keep talking rubbish and believing rubbish, let me tell u ar entering hell straight no hold up for road.

Wow , is it not amazing that the spirit these hell fire lovers exhibit is one of harshness, intolerance and hate. What makes you different from Boko Haram ?

You need the love of GOD in your life.

smiley
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Richy4(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
You do not have to believe anything because no one will be with u on the judgment day. let Rev 22 vs 11-12 be your watch word. and you will be fine wink
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
free2ryhme: heaven and hell is real ...

in my opinion i totally disagree with everything you have analyze up there abt heaven and hell not existing

I stand on this verse of REV 20:15

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I disagree, you do not believe the word of GOD, you believe what your pastors have told you in church.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
esere826: @OP

LOL, Wow!!!!
I'm sure ur amazed at the level of ignorance of a number of 'sheeps'

Neither accepting nor disproving your theses
many commentators did not get your cunning titling:

Why I Don't Believe in Heaven and Hell.....Stories And Testimonies.
-- Join this with the title of this write up. I got you ...
smiley

God bless your darling heart real good! I really wonder how we read in this "nation"! Little wonder, someone said a while ago that Christians goes to church without their brains!!! Immediately, we see something we don't agree with, instead of checking what, we just JUMP... shouting... IS A LIE... WRATH of GOD is coming on YOU and so on..
Please can those who think the OP is not speaking God's word, tell otherwise using God's word with better arguments? Instead of taking words out of context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / A Refutation Of The ‘testimony’ Of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.