Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... (27668 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
people run this race not for the LOVE of God but for the FEAR of hell; human beings would always be human beings!!smiley
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by adoniza(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Religion is simply a hoax.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Enoquin(f): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kslib: See them as usual!
Very very lazy set of people who prefer to rather swallow any garbage someone throws at them packaged with a religious label rather than sit down and reason like the humans with brains God created them to be...
Look at how the op beautifully brought out his points with valid explanations,but the best most of the religious drunk lost souls could do was to start warning him on how not to incure the wrath of God... ..........
Rather than bring out their own valid points to counter-attack that of the op's,they resorted to the cheap way of putting "fear" in his head just like they're known for..
Deluded bunch who think sitting down,analysing,thinking hard and asking questions about things in religion/xtianity which aint clear to you automatically means 'you're incuring the wrath of God/provoking him' ...
All izz well!

But you err! Your response to these people will go over their heads because they - I am sure - did not read the article but just the headline. Perhaps, if they did, their responses might be different but a long article is a turn off for most people and they usually predict an article via its heading...

@OP: Succint points.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enoquin:

But you err! Your response to these people will go over their heads because they - I am sure - did not read the article but just the headline. Perhaps, if they did, their responses might be different but a long article is a turn off for most people and they usually predict an article via its heading...

@OP: Succint points.

OH!! But "they" [ I wonder how "we"] could read several pages of gossips. I see why we have many ignorant church goers. Tell me, tell me pastor people. I see.... Bible we would not read, what others say we would not judge in context and yet we cry that people take advantage of us. How would that not be? angry Are this gullible? *hiss*
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by joe4christ(m): 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
See how people are busy painting God as a monster who is always in the verge of casting souls to hell.

How people live in fear in the name of religion...
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by LordBabs(m): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
joe4christ: See how people are busy painting God as a monster who is always in the verge of casting souls...
Your God is worse than mere monster...it's a monstrous, bestial, traitorous, treacherous MuMu!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
juiceysly: @d 1st point made, 'No man dies & resurrects except Jesus'...blah blah blah
Bros, but Lazarus died na (I mean, he didn't 'nearly' die, he 'actually' died...or ur own bible na revised 9ja version?)

lol... Yes, Lazarus, the widow's son from Nain - Luke 7:11-17, Daughter of Jairus - Mark 5:21–43, Matthew 9:18–26, Luke 8:40–56, Dorcas - Acts 9:36-42, Paul - Acts 14:19.
1. All of these mentioned in scriptures were RAISED back to life. They didn't come back by themselves. Some-people or someone raised them back ( of course by the power of God ). Nobody prayed Jesus back.
2. All of these still died afterwards. Only Jesus came back and is still alive forever more.
3. All of these people mentioned in scripture had no glorified bodies when they came back. Only Jesus did.
4. None of them brought back a message from God ... There is no need for IT! God's word is enough!

The resurrection of the dead hasn't happened! And God is not selective about it! The Dead in Christ will raise again but not on individual bases. Though in relation with the death of Christ the scripture stated it so clearly that "IT IS APPOINTED for man to die ONCE.." Heb. 9:27. Not twice or three times.. So, in that light, I think the "revised 9ja version" of the OP is a lot better than those ones you carry about but you will not read!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Enoquin(f): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
zadok_the_pt:

OH!! But "they" [ I wonder how "we"] could read several pages of gossips. I see why we have many ignorant church goers. Tell me, tell me pastor people. I see.... Bible we would not read, what others say we would not judge in context and yet we cry that people take advantage of us. How would that not be? angry Are this gullible? *hiss*

Hahahahaha...Is there a problem? I do not understand your post...
First and second sentence: What set of people are you refering to?
Third compound sentence: what in heaven's name are you on about?
The question: Gullible, as regards?
Lastly, why are you hissing like a snake?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by MAYOWAAK: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
I have changed my mind. I am going to Heaven!
so God created the entire universe and all life forms in 6 days but it's taking him 2,000 years to prepare heaven. It's going to be one hell of a place!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
ifeness:

And where is your freewill huh You need to reject these Jewish traditional religion. They themselves do not believe it. Why must an African carry this bondage of Jewish ten commandment on his/ her head? Don't you want to be free?
What freewill are you talking about? Seriously, even if the ten commandments were not in the bible i wouldn't still murder, steal or commit adultery. So, what slavery are you talking about? You are the one that needs freedom, from the devil's hold.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
mercenaryx:

Ignorance.....
Your ignorance is 10 times higher...mtcheeeww
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by sassychyc(f): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
joblessness
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Biggoozz: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
How you know this world is in real trouble is that the bible in many places like Matthew 24, 1st Theselonians 3 etc clearly warned about all these strange things we see today such as iniquity abounding, wickedness of sever dimensions, war on the increase everywhere. ..to mention a few, as SIGNS OF THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST!More shocking and unbelievable is that it also warned that many will be deceived while others mock. Whenever this topic is discussed on Nairaland I observe that most jesters disbelievers and mockers are professed Christians that carry same bible and go to church regularly. PROPHECIES BEING FULFILLED RIGHT ON THEIR HEADS.Jesus ends his sayings with....HE WHO HAS AN EAR, LET HIM HEAR! Pray and and ask the Holy Spirit for help, you can never fathom the mysteries of God with common sense.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enoquin:

Hahahahaha...Is there a problem? I do not understand your post...
First and second sentence: What set of people are you refering to?
Third compound sentence: what in heaven's name are you on about?
The question: Gullible, as regards?
Lastly, why are you hissing like a snake?

Who are the "they" and "most people" in this post of yours

Na them I dey *hiss* for! lol!!! Moreover, do you know HOW a snake HISS? You don be one before? grin tongue
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by joe4christ(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lord Babs: Your God is worse than mere monster...it's a monstrous, bestial, traitorous, treacherous MuMu!

You seem angry with God, but that really doesn't disprove his existance.
And i know him to be God of Love...
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Janetozi(f): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
You must be a jehovah witness @infonubia, hell is real heaven is real you don't have to argue it. Though hell is made for the devil and his demons but the devil will not fold his hand so that him & his demons will be the only one to perish alone in the lake of fire that is why he is working tirelessly to gather as many souls as he can that will perish with him in hell, that is why so many people are selling their souls to devil for money & fame. There are many secret cult today where people serve devil for wealth & some belongs to church of Satan where Satan is worshiped. If Jesus comes to take his own as he promised in John 14 vs 3 then those Satan worshiper, where will they go? Is it not hell? Since devil is working every hour to make sure he gather enough souls to hell do you think that Jesus will fold his arm so that his blood that was poured on the cross of calvary for the redemption of sin will be a waist. You are right to say that; it is appointed unto a man to die once & after that judgement & that there is no biblical point where someone goes to hell and come back to tell the story of heaven & hell but don't you think that Jesus could influence his father in that regard just for the love he has for us? Haven is real and hell is real, read Matthew 25:46 & 13:50, mark 9:43 revelation 14:10-11. So bro if you think that heaven & hell are not real keep your thought to you self and stop posting this kind of article so that you don't influence others into believing the same thereby populating hell and de-populating heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
otijah: @op will u shut up b4 u incure Gods wrath upon urself
and ur Generations, if u like keep talking rubbish and believing rubbish, let me tell u ar entering hell straight no hold up for road.

kare! gateman orun apadi!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by ddeola: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
You are looking for someone to convince you, sorry ! When the time comes, you will know the truth
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Revolva(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
You see notin will ever make me believe that such place like hell n heaven exist...how can a creator creates and at the end favour some few and let the rest burn in eternal...fire never ending...imagine and people don't think that your heaven n hell is here on earth...its just a state of mind..jare....
Oya those that gives trstimony of being there are just putting fear in their mind and that fear has accumulated to be a nightmare whenever they sleep it hypnotise their tought..n later they report to give testimonies in church..(Modern business centre) and .can someone tell me why the fire did not burn the reporter...that's gave testimony.if he/she truly went there

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by opeyemitee(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
For the fact that you dont believe in heaven and hell, you are already walking to the path of hell.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Enoquin(f): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
zadok_the_pt:

Who are the "they" and "most people" in this post of yours

Na them I dey *hiss* for! lol!!! Moreover, do you know HOW a snake HISS? You don be one before? grin tongue

Hahaha...mbok leave me abeg. I misunderstood your post but you self try write coherently...
As for being a snake...I was not the one hissing you know tongue
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Revolva(m): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
opeyemitee: For the fact that you dont believe in heaven and hell, you are already walking to the path of hell.
Oga na VIP u go dey for hell..if u truly allow such yeye tought to take over you...be yourself..all those are false the soul that dies cease to exist ...get bburied and decompose and follow the cycle of nature...I beg ..see who wan go sidon for heaven with God ...make I see ur face...haha !!! Mugu
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by pof600: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
I stopped reading when you indicated you're a religionist. At that point, it became apparent anything that follows would be devoid of legitimate form of reasoning. Let me assure you that, heaven & hell doesn't exist. Religion is for the weak minded, and god or gods doesn't exist either. Save yourself the crap: abandon religion, gods...and believe me, that would be the happiest thing you can ever do.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Ayatullah(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2013

@ INFONUBIA, your write up is that of a confused soul........if you do not believe in Heaven or Hell , that means you do not believe in Reward for Good and Punishment for Bad Deeds. Why can't you use common sense to look at what obtains in this world where you have the principle of Reward and Punishment in every society?
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by jjk24(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote author=Reuben.Abati]Very funny set of pretending christains.

So if there was no heaven or hell una no go serve God abi?
You folks go to church all because of Eternal life.

And not really because you want to serve him.

Or you think GOd be fool abi? Shame on to you. DAMN TRUE. I d0ubt if d p0pe dey religi0us cus him w0n serve G0d sef na hell everi 1 dey fear
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by zadokthept(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ayatullah:

@ INFONUBIA, your write up is that of a confused soul........if you do not believe in Heaven or Hell , that means you do not believe in Reward for Good and Punishment for Bad Deeds. Why can't you use common sense to look at what obtains in this world where you have the principle of Reward and Punishment in every society?

Really? Na wa for you!! At least God gave you your eyes and mind to use. Please use them well. Can you point to where @Infonubia or the OP [or whoever ] said he didn't believe in Heaven or Hell? Did you do the last thing the OP asked you to do? Obviously, you didn't read the write up or if you did, you don't understand it! If you may go back and re-read and see who is confused!!! Maybe I can help you. Heaven and hell are real according to God's word not some testimonies of somebody somewhere! Am sure that is clear from the writeup!
Na wa ooo for our people oooo!!!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by pof600: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
You religious dolts, when would you realize religion is the greatest scam ever pulled on you? A god or gods doesn't exist. Religions is darkness.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Goldenboy007(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
When doubts come to my mind about the existence of Heaven, Hell or God, the question I have asked myself is - Would i still observe the disciplined and moral life if there was no Christianity, no afterlife, no heaven,hell or God? The answer is yes because apart from the the way of salvation being an assurance for the Life after death,the disciplined life style also guaranties a successful life here on this earth. If you doubt this kindly confirm from unbelivers that have mundane success. A logical and reasonable thinker would always seek to minimize his risk exposure to hazards of life and if possible the after life. Accepting the way of salvation does not confer any extra physical obligation on you beyond the reasonable behavioral requirements you observe for a successful life. If you accepted the ways of salvation and at the end of it there is No God, No Heaven and No Hell so what would you have lost?Nothing ! However you doubted the existence of life after death, of God, Heaven and Hell, you also refused the way of salvation but when you died you discovered they are all real, your situation would be ominously critical.

Believing in the way of salvation is like an insurance policy, you pay to minimize or eliminate your exposure to risk of unknown perils.If it happens you are protected against the loss, if it doesn't happen you have only lost a little premium. However the premium they ask from you now is not money but your faith. How free can an Insurance policy be? How dumb can one be if one misses this free Assurance policy that has been offered on a platter of Gold?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by Infoay: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Your thought exactly.....Repent and give your life to Christ.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by luluosas(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
zadok_the_pt:
Please, how did the OP "try" to discredit the story of heaven and hell as recorded in God's word? Please, stop reading with your coloured reading glasses of religion. The OP's intention is so clear. You don't need someone testimonies to believe God's word. Heaven and hell is real, but God would not send someone from the DEAD to tell you that. That was what Abraham told the rich man in that story, and that is God's word, which is final.

And if I may add this, can you WORK out your own salvation? YOU?? without GOD?? You simply can't. Religion might say so, but God's word says a verse after where you quoted that "..for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure..."
I think is right for us as God's children to judge right judgement. And please don't judge a book by it's cover.
Let me point out to you the places where Timothy Adigun, the writer of this topic is in ERROR concerning the bible. Remember, I am going to counter him based on his erroneous misrepresentation of the bible and should you choose to disagree please, go and read the post over and over again. Thank you.
Let's start from here:
infonubia: Why I don't believe these testimonies?
Wouldn't this have been more appropriate if this was the subject matter, instead of creating an impression that you don't believe in heaven and hell, with the misleading title? After all, 1 John 4:1 warned us not to believe every spirit.

infonubia: No one ever dies and come back except the LORD Jesus Christ himself.
Is this not rather hypocrisy and self seeking? Does this Timothy Adigun read his bible at all? If he does, what will he (Timothy Adigun) says concerning the following scriptures? John 11:38-44, 2 Kings 4:19-20; 32-35, Ezekiel 37:1-10, Luke 7:12-15.

infonubia: Verses 27- 31 is the conversation between the Rich man and father Abraham. It is very clear that if we don't believe God's word now and here even if someone rises from the dead, we would NOT believe or be convinced.
This is exactly the position of Timothy Adigun in his post. He has concluded that the fact Abraham told the rich man in hell that, even if someone should rise from the dead, they will not believe Luke 16:31.
Please, find time and read this link https://www.facebook.com/hi.ti.10/posts/490720654332134?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8519232288 I know that you don't believe in testimonies or revelations of heaven and hell but try and read this 15 years old Yoruba boy experience.
However, here is a quotation from it whether you believe it or not.
("Later, the fire rolled up another man with a big stomach, with a wrinkled body. This man asked me, ‘My son, do you normally read the Bible especially the Book of Matthew?’ I answered ‘Yes’.
The man continued, ‘Do you remember the story of Lazarus and
the Rich Man? Would you believe if I tell you that I am that rich man?’. I said ‘No’ because I have always thought the story is a mere parable. The man told me that it is not a parable and that he has been in hell for close to four thousand years and the hope of coming out is gone.
He even surprisingly quoted the Bible passage ‘What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul’. He explained that the reason he quoted that passage is because he gained all the riches on earth, but now he is helpless and doomed forever, but for me, I still have the
opportunity and that I should tell the whole world. He then explained further that nobody has any excuse to miss heaven, because on judgment day if any poor person ascribes his missing heaven to poverty, Lazarus who was a poor man would stand up and condemn the person and say, ‘Look at me, I was poor, yet I made heaven’. For those that are rich too, Abraham
would be waiting for them to disprove whatever excuse they may
have by saying,’ Look at me, I was rich, yet I was able to make it to heaven.’ So there is no excuse for anybody. The fire rose and brought the rich man down into eternal damnation."wink
infonubia: These people's experience is not NEW, but I only wonder why they speak more of hell and not heaven.
You 'agree' that their experience is not new. Isn't this rather a double standard? Why do you have to agree in the first place? As for them speaking more of hell, instead of heaven according to you, how I wished Jesus Christ never spoke about hell Himself Matthew 18:9, Mark 9:43; 45; 47, Matthew 5:29-30, Luke 16:23, Luke 12:5, Matthew 10:28.
Outer darkness also referred to hell fire Matthew 8:12; 22:13; 25:30.

infonubia: Please, did you hear Paul? Things that NO ONE is PERMITTED to TELL!! So, why are these ones not, only telling theirs but are making money of such testimony? Some sell tapes, CDs and DVDs!
Yes, the same way John was asked to seal up some of the revelations he was shown but at the same time, he was asked to write some Revelation 10:4; 1:11; 19; 14:13; 19:9; 21:5. It was the same case with Daniel too in Daniel 8:26 and 10:14. However, have you forgotten the bible says the Holy Spirit reveal things to you? 1 Corinthians 2:10.
As for the recorded CDs they are selling. Do they (testifiers) tells you they are doing it for aim of making money? By the way, do they have companies selling and producing the CDs for them freely?
What is the difference between this issue and your pastors selling their recorded messages, stickers, books and others, even at exorbitant prices? Learn to clear the lugs from your eyes first okay.
infonubia: My point: All the details we need is already given in God's word.
That is very correct but you failed to realise that, the secret things belongs to God but revelations belongs to us Deuteronomy 29:29 and that, whosoever Jesus chooses to reveal things or manifest Himself to, He does without seeking your approval, acceptance or beliefs Matthew 11: 27, John 14:21.
infonubia: Who is in HELL (lake of fire) and those not there wouldn't help you any further.
Moreover, no one is in hell
Is this man (Timothy Adigun) a Christian at all? If he does not believe that there's hell, is he now saying there's purgatory which the Catholic church are using to deceive their members? Isn't this a direct contractions to the bible? Luke 16:19-31.
infonubia: Yes I'm aware that KJV translated v. 23 to say "in hell" instead of "in Hades (the realm of the dead)".
Oh my God! Is this man (Timothy Adigun) faulting the bible here or what? Psalms 119: 89. Does he mean to say he knows more than the people the Holy Spirit inspired to write the bible? 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16.
May the Almighty God deliver His children from the deception of the devil in the churches in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by gazilion: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
You need not be in hell to believe that Hell Fire exist! There is truth in eternal reward if you heed and accept the message of salvation or eternal consequence,if you refute and count it as vain. While the door of mercy is still open, take all the advantages you have now as a living being and make your ways right before God.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God...and how can you escape, if you neglect this great salvation?"

"Let him that have ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit saith onto the churches"
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... by marianandy: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
Eat ogbono soup, eat melon soup n enough bush meat n above all, DO GOOD N LEAVE DE REST FOR GOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Refutation Of The ‘testimony’ Of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / Take EndSARS Protest To Church: Sowore, Small Doctor, Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.