Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

I Need A Code To Allow Download From - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need A Code To Allow Download From (1913 Views)

I Need A Code From You Help / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Please I Need A Code To Generate Random Password In Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Code To Allow Download From by chinesedoll(f): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2006
Guys i need a code to allow download from
my site.

PLEASE ITS VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Need A Code To Allow Download From by smartsoft(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2006
Ruky no point in having a code to allow download, on your Hosting we have what is called PASSWORD PROTECTED DIRECTORY thats if you using Linux server, create a folder where you want to put files they wanna download and create a username and password for it. then if any of your clients try to download it's will alert them of putting in Username and Password just somthing like this, http://www.smartsoft-ng.com/ebook/ Username : free Password : ebook lol i have a PHP/MYSQL book there you can download it lol

=================================================================================

Secondly you can have a two pages, 1 for username and password to login then 2 the page where user can download after login name is kinda succesfull using PHP/MYSQL
Re: I Need A Code To Allow Download From by pfowighz(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2006
Thanks Smartsoft.

And Great! you work on Linux too, I find it very rare with my friends, so I cant get help. Please how do you load standard .exe files? I use Mandrake Linux. Thanks.
Re: I Need A Code To Allow Download From by c0dec(m): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
those *.exe files are native win32 executables which means they'll work on ms windows. However u can still run some windows exes on linux. one way is using wine
Re: I Need A Code To Allow Download From by mickeyen(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2006
ruky see. it depends on the server u r using to host ur site. infact my suggestion is based on c#. so if u care for it, contact Michael in ur class(Aptech SMU) for more details but if u want the whole stuff online, it may be cumbersome to implement due to server-side complications, am waiting, ! cool
Re: I Need A Code To Allow Download From by judy4all: 5:47am On Nov 30, 2008
There is no special way to load anything, Basically if you create a folder on your webserver with those files in it, regardless of extension, a link to that folder will show all the files available, If you want some fancy gui, that's a different case, but u do not need code to upload and download files online,

If you are trying to create some type of spider that searches the web for some specific type of files, then u will need some coding, easiest ways to write such is in c, but other than that, you are fine,

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Know How To Install Video Maker Fx? / Nairaland Upgrade Release Date Is 21st October 2016 / Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.