Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (24953 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2013
It all started like a joke on nairaland when a post went viral about graduates coming together to form an association or movement to stop unemployment. Most people saw the idea as a very welcomed initiative that will go a long way in influencing governments policies to create a place for unemployed graduates in the National budget.

Graduates have been sidelined for years in Nigeria,jobs are not forthcoming and graduates find refuge in obtaining masters forms while some depend on their parents for daily bread and recharge card. Nigerian graduates play PS2 better than their counter parts in other countries yet some people speak about been entrepreneurs- but where can we find the enabling environment. Take for example a graduate of Agriculture that lived in Lagos all his life wants to start a poultry farm. Most definitely land would be in his feasibility study in which the land use act of 1978 is the first disadvantage, he needs funds-where would he get it, roads to transport from lagos to other point of sale are bad, electricity to power the farm ..nothing to write home about, funds in case of disease outbreak like gomboro or Newcastle disease " nba"

So how can he manage? Should a graduate start small buy rearing 5 chicken, 2goats, 1 sheep....in whose compound? Has he himself even eaten today(chance for Baba landlord to throw your things away)

In the light of these interested graduates has been mobilised from various parts of the Nation to hold the first general meeting in lagos

Venue.---Unilags sport centre
Time.--9 AM prompt
Date...saturday 7th of september

To discuss the way forward to scrap the menace of unemployment
This is an open invitation to the general public and anybody that would like to support morally or any other way you can

God bless us all for more info
Follow the trend on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Join us on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-Of-Unemployed-Graduates-NAUG/1406249762926389

The movement/group/association or forum is opened to every Nigerian that likes the idea of kicking against unemployment
And most especially all graduates of universities,colleges of Education, polytechnics and all graduates with an academic qualification

Call Ehis on 07030717445 for more info

37 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Gboliwe: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2013
May your strenght never wane. God will hear and answer
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2013
Gboliwe: May your strenght never wane. God will hear and answer
Amen...
Please invite people
Tell a friend to tell a friend
It affects us all
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Lobolintin(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2013
Gej,hope u knw say nah smal revolutn loomin b this,frnt page.plz.

15 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Lobolintin(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2013
.FRONT PAGE NW..or '..,

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2013
Lobolintin: .FRONT PAGE NW..or '..,

YES O FRONT PAGE.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by lasunray(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2013
Booking a space! Nice initiative guys. let those intrested show it here pls..

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Frosti(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice effort. Hope it turns into something useful and not to be hijacked by some unscrupulous elements.

7 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by crystalballs: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
Eku Orire ooo.

Hope these herald good tidings.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
may i never join una

18 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ebamma3: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
.change that name to national association of mumu graduates, no go find work do, na until government employ u?, nansense,

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Elcapo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
I was here...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Calyb(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
i dont hav transport, would hav loved 2 be there.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by deeozi(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
after attending the meeting, you the next week you get a good job, will you still remain a member?

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 2rutalk1: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
The high point agenda should be to send an application to INEC for registration as a political Party. NAUG will be the largest Party in the universe

12 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by free2ryhme: 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
you guys are really unemployed

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by dhoy: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
We need revolution and it starts from a point.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by free2ryhme: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
an opportunity for the unemployed to be fleeced by a smart unemployed

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by olopan(m): 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
abeg, una try but if with proper ideal u go cr8 JOB!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by georjay(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by picoba(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
This is a good step.
[size=18pt]If Nigeria can reduce Importation of some goods and promote home made products, Unemployment rate will drastically reduced in Nigeria. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by naijacutee(f): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
I think this is a great initiative. Does this association have a website? I think a medium where employers looking for short-term talent could pitch in and provide temporary jobs while permanent jobs are not forthcoming.

4 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by adicious(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice One... What Of Primary And Secondary School Graduates...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ecolime(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Woww... I like this.
The only challenge I see here is continuity. Most key members will opt out immediately they get good jobs. I just pray it lasts. Nice initiative Ehis. Keep it up smiley

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Jayses(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Wow unemployment swagg

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by BabaAlabi: 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
Na small small events dey overthrow government. GEJ go hear am when the association of unemployed graduates joins the association of frustrated students.
Fix power,Reduce corruption,make Naija a fertile ground for investment,Revive the oil,agriculture,Industrial and education sector because those are the things that create Jobs.
My name is Baba Alabi and I support this movement.

7 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by condralbede(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
solidarity for ever we shall always fight for our right!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by rozayx5(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
hmmmmm.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Caracta(f): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
Do you guys have an Identity Card or something for easy recognition in the public?

All the best. I hope all members won't be members for a long time. And pls while you are at it, do something. Don't wait for the government to help you. You are the government! Use your brain, it doesn't rust!

4 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by t12tosin: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
what story am i going to tell the transport officials when i'm coming or se u don provide means of transportation? na Kogi state i dey o angry
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 50calibre(m): 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
I envisage that meeting being filled to the brim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.