Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30728 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by nnofaith: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
18 pages and they still cant prove god exists!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
donroxy: Shut it Robot and give glory to the programmer of ur Ancestors!!!

LazyBOOOoooy ......!!!!!

How much are your drugs? I will pay.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Richfella:

How much are your drugs? I will pay.
Ur Life for GOD is the worth of my Drug ............ so,Go to the nearest Religion Centre and PayUp.

Mumu !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
donroxy: Ur Life for GOD is the worth of my Drug ............ so,Go to the nearest Religion Centre and PayUp.

Mumu !!!

Am sitting pretty on a VERY HIGH horse...if I comedown to where you are right now, you will beat me with experience grin grin grin.

Get yourself together bro.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by GamaG(m): 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
onetrack:

Indeed the world has many wonderous things, but also in equal parts chaos, cruelty, injustice, and deformity. In any case these wonders are easily explainable in terms of science. I've also seen some pretty amazing things created by humans as well.

As to your second point, ".....NO PROOF IS POSSIBLE." Proof is possible; just have your god(s) reveal itself to all people in earth, including the atheists, scientists, and skeptics. Your god should do something which by any standard should be considered a miracle, and subject to rigorous scientific testing.

A god whispering in the ears of long-dead people who called themselves 'prophets' is not sufficient, and the alleged 'miracles' which were performed in front of uneducated, superstitious people do not meet any standard for truth by any measure I could accept.

While it is unquestionably arrogant and not completely true, I like Ernest Hemingway's quote: "All thinking men are atheists." It is not enough to say that a god creates people and then chooses who he guides, which then separates the believers from the unbelievers. Such a god is not worthy of worship.
For d bible says as many dat believes are called d sons of God.u cant believe without having FAITH in Him d one true God.learn 2live by faith.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kay17: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Free-will isn't an illusion. I agree free-will isn't absolute but I disagree it is illusory. We can choose and we do BUT within pre-defined constraints, which happen to be a function of free-will.

The problem is, free will stands in opposition to determinism, by chopping off the arms of free will, you as a consequence create determinism. Besides there are constraints of culture, genetic makeup which do not actively lay before the doer while he makes his actions.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kay17: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
nnofaith: 18 pages and they still cant prove god exists!

God can create square circle by omnipotence

Square circles are impossible

Hence God is impossibly existent.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Richfella:

Am sitting pretty on a VERY HIGH horse...if I comedown to where you are right now, you will beat me experience grin grin grin.

hmmm,that doesn'ty negate the fact that u re very poor upstairs and by the way,your horse is poorer and very sick!!!

U berra use the better part of U to climb the Highest Horse and the healthiest one!

Dey there dey blow teeth to hell-fire,u think say na joke !!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
wiegraf:

First, but I thought there were more than 3. All vir.gins. Excorcizing some sort of sexual demon from a fat middle-aged dude....

Then the latin american crew.. Those were the 'professionals'. With schools, etc.. I know we have those in 9ja but still... I wonder if they have unions? Apparently they've strangled a few people during exorcisms.....

Listen, humanity is scary crazy. Why'd you leave mars??!

I'm looking for worshippers... My old friends Yahweh and Allah did good work here.. I believe Africa has space for more religions.. Damn those Asians and westerners....
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Bella3(f): 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Richfella:

Am sitting pretty on a VERY HIGH horse...if I comedown to where you are right now, you will beat me with experience grin grin grin.

CLASSIC!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
BĂ©lla3: CLASSIC!
hmmm
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pekelepekele(m): 3:31am On Sep 15, 2013
[size=18pt]GOD will kick your ass if you say there is no God again on this thread[/size]
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pekelepekele(m): 3:41am On Sep 15, 2013
Fact .

65% of atheist are male while 10% females are extreme atheist and the remaining 25% are females that are partially atheist .

You know why ?

Women communicate with the spiritual world easily than men . They see things and that is why it's not easy to meet a female atheist before you meet one , You would have meet about ten male atheist .

and that is more reason why they are always more than men in churches , mosques and other religion .

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Lilaex: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Are you kidding your brethens? Atheist are mostly ex-christians and ex-muslims. They study that so called buy-bull critically and understand it than you do or your pastor does.

Have you heard 'by their sword, they shall fall'.. You bring bible up, and you will be destroyed totally.

"Buy-bull" ryt? I piety ur soul and I know from the way u sound that u are a muslim(boko haram)...
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2013
Kay 17:

The problem is, free will stands in opposition to determinism, by chopping off the arms of free will, you as a consequence create determinism. Besides there are constraints of culture, genetic makeup which do not actively lay before the doer while he makes his actions.

Not quite. It is both opposes and supports determinism for this crucial reason: determinism is the prior application in of free-will. Lemme explain. You travel a road and meet a fork into 2 roads you have free-will to choose one but are bound by determinism to choose out of 2. The road builders could have built one, two or several roads at the fork but chose to make 2 and hence the dilemma you face. This is the thinking that underlines my thougjts on the free-will/determinism debate. Within prior constraints there is an element of freedom.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Kay 17:

God can create square circle by omnipotence

Square circles are impossible

Hence God is impossibly existent.

God's Omnipotence applies to possibilities and not impossibilities

Square circles aren't possibilities, they are impossibilities

Hence God's omnipotence isn't impugned.

Also your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The premises exclusively deal with omnipotence and an impossibility and hence could not conclude on existence. The correct form of your syllogism would be:

God can create a square circle by omnipotence.

Square circles are impossible.

God can create impossibilities by omnipotence

OR assuming the first premise false

God cannot create a square circle by omnipotence.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

God's Omnipotence applies to possibilities and not impossibilities

Square circles aren't possibilities, they are impossibilities

Hence God's omnipotence isn't impugned.

Also your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The premises exclusively deal with omnipotence and an impossibility and hence could not conclude on existence. The correct form of your syllogism would be:

God can create a square circle by omnipotence.

Square circles are impossible.

God can create impossibilities by omnipotence

OR assuming the first premise false

God cannot create a square circle by omnipotence.

Wrong.

Omnipotence is defined as being able to do everything...all able....all abilities

But it is impossible to do all things. Because some things are just impossible.

This is why an omnipotent being is impossible
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wrong.

No.

Logicboy03:
Omnipotence is defined as being able to do everything...all able....all abilities

Well put.

Logicboy03:
But it is impossible to do all things. Because some things are just impossible.

They are impossible as a consequence of God's Nature.

Logicboy03:
This is why an omnipotent being is impossible

Wrong.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Babble......nonsense
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by cold(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
19 pages with no god to show for it..sigh
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 8:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No.

Well put.

Wrong.
obviously, you like to indulge in needless complex mumbo-jumbo when cornered into your own confusing argument.
Don't you see the folly of your own Line of argument that an omnipotent being still has a nature that limits his omnipotence, then what is the basis of his claims to being all powerful.....unless of course he is not.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2013
donroxy: Ur Life for GOD is the worth of my Drug ............ so,Go to the nearest Religion Centre and PayUp.

Mumu !!!
sometimes being verbose and unnecessarily loud does not mean you are making any sense
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2013
1. ARENT YOU GUYS NOT SEEING THE WAY MOSLEMS ARE DROPPING THEIR OWN, WITH THEIR OWN VERSION FROM THE QUORAN AND CHRISTIANS ARE ALSO DROPPING THEIR OWN, USING BIBLE PASSAGES, I don't know why you guys are not noticing this. It seems that christians shld sort things out 1st with moslems before attacking the confused, who then choose not to believe any. Don't give me this stupid point that its d same God but different ways of worship. Why will a God cause diversion in his church. The more you guys appear on this topic, the more point you prove to atheists. What is happening here is christians and moslems, using their own belliefs to make intelligent and logicalatheists believe. Besides believing in something with jst mere faith from a book that contradicts itself(bible) whom a lot of christians dont even know its origin is jst crazy. starting from Genesis where God says let there be light on the 1st day and created the sun on the fourth day. where did dt light come from??. what kind of faith do you want to use to believe that. it is only telling us that the bible was written when there were no scientists who later found out that the earth was round and ther are other planets.(let me ask you guys what did God made them for?). scientists have seen the arrangement of the planets and seen that earth's composition is that which can suit life of humans. I can go on and on and you will come out of your denial states and be a deep thinker like me.to see more errors in the bible, follow the link.(
www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html) find out answers to those and cone nd challenge me . it has made me not believe in the bible. I am not an atheist, but I do believe that therez somepower/somethinh that started creation. therez no name for it yet, I could call it God, but not actually the christian God cos az far as I am concerned, the bible brings up more confusion. I c christians goin to hospital to treat illness. why waste your money when bible said dt all you need to do is say it with faith as small as a mustard sees. yet you c ppl embark on seruous prayers and fasting and when the sick persob dies, u sayy its the will of God...his ways are not our ways. are yu kidding me?, so y pray?then why did he watch you guys pray and fast if he still wanted the sick person dead I know the answer that should be comming to a logical brain by now..
On a final note, to you these nigerian people that start to curse oders by calling them names like fo0lish, ignorant and the rest nd try to use words that are scary to you like saying they arr doomed to eternal damnatiion or hell or lake of fire. lool, I was born into a christian home so I have read the bible well.
i guess I have come across the place which says that if you call your brother a fo0l, then you are doomed for hell, so if your bible is true, you know what you xpect. a lot of you guys like twisting the bible; I did dt then when I encourtered things that i could not cope with till I finally gave up the stuff.
the truth is dt the fear of hell is what is keepinf 95% of christians still practicing it even when they encounter erronous works. the one dt still makes me laugh is the wisdom of solomon where he found tge mother of a baby. DNA does that everyday......even the computer and internet which you are even uzn to type answers the question. its rational minds that did it. irrational minds cant
conclusion; this is no copy and paste frm any site, am only saying my mind from my experience
a lot of ppl are thinking of this, pls lets try to be rational.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
rhymz: obviously, you like to indulge in needless complex mumbo-jumbo when cornered into your own confusing argument.
Don't you see the folly of your own Line of argument that an omnipotent being still has a nature that limits his omnipotence, then what is the basis of his claims to being all powerful.....unless of course he is not.

Nice tap-dancing. If God has a Nature that limits his omnipotence, it should be considered as potency and not otherwise. Your bias demands you take limits to be impotency wrt God. Mine works otherwise. That's why you nod unthinkingly to arguments like the heaviset stone wherein an ability us turned around and and considered an inability. That ability being one of carry any stone of any weight.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
rhymz: sometimes being verbose and unnecessarily loud does not mean you are making any sense

There's also such athing as talking too little too make any sense.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
rhymz: sometimes being verbose and unnecessarily loud does not mean you are making any sense

There's also such a thing as talking too little to make any sense.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Myopia and shenanigans are the problem of U lots !!!

U people are simply Illogical and unreasonable ....... !!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have never posted anything out of Ordinary ...... We were all communicating in the language we could all Understand which is Wonders of Science !!!

I only brought in Knowledge which you people's brain has never considered ...... And That is why It is difficult for una brain to refute my posts ...... !!!!

Cuz most of my postulations are all plausible !!!

There is no need to see GOD, all U need are the Signs of God Quran 3 vs 191 urged adherents to think deeply about the Universe ........

I am not here to tell any of U about Heaven nor Hell neither here to convince you all to Belief ....... That is non of my Business .....I am Only here to let U all realise some of us in Religion actually know what we are doing and we did not BELIEF simply cuz our parents asked us to but we have seen and acquired cogent REASONs to BELIEVE as against U lazy folks that find religion distracting and boring !!!

I was quite scared of you people until now cuz I thought U Atheist has a particular AXIOM by which U premiered Ur Line of Arguements ........... But U peeps only throw Tantrums just like the one U gave in the quoted

How could everything in the Universe just emanate out of Nothing, for the fact that we are yet to unravel all the logic behind the Universe is that Enough to conclude it lacks CREATOR ?

Keep waiting, God will soon be found in Pluto !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
donroxy: Myopia and shenanigans are the problem of U lots !!!

U people are simply Illogical and unreasonable ....... !!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have never posted anything out of Ordinary ...... We were all communicating in the language we could all Understand which is Wonders of Science !!!

I only brought in Knowledge which you people's brain has never considered ...... And That is why It is difficult for una brain to refute my posts ...... !!!!

Cuz most of my postulations are all plausible !!!

There is no need to see GOD, all U need are the Signs of God Quran 3 vs 191 urged adherents to think deeply about the Universe ........

I am not here to tell any of U about Heaven nor Hell neither here to convince you all to Belief ....... That is non of my Business .....I am Only here to let U all realise some of us in Religion actually know what we are doing and we did not BELIEF simply cuz our parents asked us to but we have seen and acquired cogent REASONs to BELIEVE as against U lazy folks that find religion distracting and boring !!!

I was quite scared of you people until now cuz I thought U Atheist has a particular AXIOM by which U premiered Ur Line of Arguements ........... But U peeps only throw Tantrums just like the one U gave in the quoted

How could everything in the Universe just emanate out of Nothing, for the fact that we are yet to unravel all the logic behind the Universe is that Enough to conclude it lacks CREATOR ?

Keep waiting, God will soon be found in Pluto !!!
like seriously, you write lengthy nonsense like a malfunctioning computer program, why will any sane person want to read your pile of rubbish.......scheeeew
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Nice tap-dancing. If God has a Nature that limits his omnipotence, it should be considered as potency and not otherwise. Your bias demands you take limits to be impotency wrt God. Mine works otherwise. That's why you nod unthinkingly to arguments like the heaviset stone wherein an ability us turned around and and considered an inability. That ability being one of carry any stone of any weight.
I see your attempts, funny rigmarol designed to confuse. As far as I am concerned, it does not matter how skilled you are at needless ambiguous back and forth arguments, it is clear here that you are not interested in making sensible argument or concede to a superior one, you are more interested in winning an argument even if it means indulging in senseless rigmarol.

The meaning of limitation is clear and straightforward, what you consider as opposed to what it connotes is immaterial. I am not omnipotent because I do not have the potential to do everything, whether you see such inability as a potential still does not take away from the fact that I am not all powerful or can do everything.....why make it seem complex.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
rhymz: I see your attempts, funny rigmarol designed to confuse. As far as I am concerned, it does not matter how skilled you are at needless ambiguous back and forth arguments, it is clear here that you are not interested in making sensible argument or concede to a superior one, you are more interested in winning an argument even if it means indulging in senseless rigmarol.

The meaning of limitation is clear and straightforward, what you consider as opposed to what it connotes is immaterial. I am not omnipotent because I do not have the potential to do everything, whether you see such inability as a potential still does not take away from the fact that I am not all powerful or can do everything.....why make it seem complex.

I see. First, you tap-dance with a claim of my rigmaroles whilst allufing to yours as a superior argument. Then, you presuppose your stance of God not being omnipotent. Your superiority matters little to me. I should now state very simply why limitation is an ability and not an inability: limits, by definition, require a thing, or concept which is ABLE or SUFFICIENT at preventing another ability from happening. Think about what I emphasized and discuss, but please, save your talk of rigmaroles, otherwise I shall give lots of it . . . with censure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.