Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Amazing Acts Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Amazing Acts Of Love (2533 Views)

10 Shameful Acts Ladies Display After Getting Under The Boxers Of A Guy / 10 Shameful Acts&Immaturity Guys Display After Getting Under The Skirt Of A Lady / Men/is It Love Or Acts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2013
''Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen''. (1 Cor. 13: 7-8 )

The Couple Who Died Holding Hands After 72 years Together

Iowa couple Norma and Gordon Yeager were both in their 90s and had been married 72 years when they were hospitalized following a car accident. The nurses and doctor kept the two together in the intensive care unit. They were barely responsive, but they were holding hands.

Gordon passed away, and exactly one hour later, Norma followed him, still holding his hand.
Ninety-year-old Norma and 94-year-old Gordon Yeager met while Norma was still in high school and Gordon was working at the Chevrolet Garage in State Center, Iowa.
They were married on May 26, 1939, the day Norma graduated. They had four children together, one daughter and three sons.

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2013
The Couple That Grew Stronger AfterOne of Them Had a Four Limb Amputation

Few high school sweethearts make it past the hat toss at graduation. However, Taylor Morris and Danielle Kelly have made it through so much more. The Iowa natives stayed together and, in 2007, Morris enlisted as an explosive ordnance disposal technician in the Navy. After years of training, Morris was assigned to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit 12 and the couple moved to
Virginia Beach, Va.

While Morris, a Petty Officer 2nd Class, was deployed to Afghanistan, the couple talked about their future plans. But then Morris stepped on an improvised explosive device, losing both legs above the knee, his left arm, and right hand. However, that tragic
incident has done nothing to stifle the couple's relationship.
Their story of love has crossed the globe.
Twenty-two photos of Morris and Kelly were posted on BuzzFeed, a collection house of viral content on the web, under the headline "A love story in 22 pictures."
As of Sept. 20, the story had more than 2.6 million views.
Tim Dodd, the professional photographer (and Morris' longtime friend) who took many of the photos in the post, said the
sailor is happy that his story is reaching so many people.

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2013
The 96-Year-Old Man Who Wrote aLove Song to Honor His Wife of 72 Years

Fred and Lorraine Stobaugh were together for 75 years. So when she passed away, the 96-year-old's heart broke. He had lost the
love of his life. Soon after Lorraine's death, the Illinois man penned a song in his wife's memory.
Then, on impulse, he sent the song in to Green Shoe Studio's singer-songwriter contest after he saw an ad for the competition in a local paper. The contest required participants to upload songs onto
the internet, but Fred just sent his
handwritten song via snail-mail. He also knew that he couldn't sing a note.
At Green Shoe Studios, the song caught the attention of Jacob Colgan, who was so moved by Fred's tribute that he decided to
produce it. The performance begins at 5:53 in the video, but you'll want to watch the entire
heartwarming tale.

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2013
The Modern Day Romeo and Juliet WhoKilled Themselves Because They Weren'tAllowed to be Together

It was a story buried in the middle of the Indian newspapers. In 2009, two star- crossed lovers committed suicide after the local village council, or panchayat, ordered them to annul their marriage or face death.
Amreen was Muslim and her husband, Lokesh, was a Hindu. Their match was simply unacceptable to their communities, so the couple poisoned themselves. Police charged the entire panchayat with abetting suicide.

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2013
The Couple Who Reunited After a Long-Lost Love Letter was Discovered in the Fireplace

A couple got married after they were reunited when a long-lost love letter, sent ten years ago, was found unopened behind a fireplace. In 2009, Steve Smith and Carmen Ruiz-Perez, both 42, walked down the aisle following a separation of 16 years.
The pair fell in love and got engaged in their 20s after Carmen moved to England as a foreign exchange student. However, after a year-long relationship the couple drifted apart when she had to move back to France. A few years later, Steve wrote to her in a bid to rekindle their romance, but
Carmen's mother put it on the mantlepiece and it slipped down the back of the fireplace. It remained there unopened for the next decade, until the fireplace was removed for renovations.
Carmen, who had remained single and never forgot the love of her life, was given the letter in which Steve had written, "I hope you are well. I was just writing to ask if you ever married and if you ever still thought of me? It would be great to hear from you, please great in touch if you can.
Steve Bleep."
Carmen said that, initially, she was too nervous to call since so much time had passed, but she plucked up the courage and the pair arranged to meet. They met up
in Paris a few days later and have now wed - 17 years after they first fell in love.

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2013
The Teenager Who Carried a Friend on His Back for 8 Years

Because love is not only about couples but also about friendship, we've included this last story. In Hebei, China, a 16-year-old teenager named Lui Shi Ching has carried his friend to school on a daily basis for the last eight years. His friend, Lu Shao, has a congenital disorder which makes it difficult for him to walk.
Eight years ago on a rainy day, Lu shao was stuck at school when his mom didn't come to pick him up. Lui Shi Ching, who was smaller than Lu Shao, decided to help and
carried him home. Since then, he has carried Lu Shao to and from school and even to restrooms.
Lui Shi Ching didn't brag about his good deeds too much; his parents didn't even find out until four years after he first helped his friend. Lu Shao mentioned in his
diary that Lui Shi Ching's help has lifted a dark cloud in his life and let sunshine into it.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98698.aspx

Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by zizman: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by wasak(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
hmmmmmmnnn....I'm touched... but what is love?
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
Love ain't like fashion...the look remains the same kiss
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Skydeep, hope ur new baby is doing fine??

@Topic, If you have not given a Heart....,

If you have not taken a Heart...,

Wat are you then living for..??

My best qoute in life is...., “Above all, LOVE is the greatest.
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
''Wer is my true Love?'' in tuface idibia's voice
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Emmy9ite(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice thread! My love for caracta will soon be documented. Met online from the wooing challenge, got to know each other, married and died together!
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by xynerise: 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Emmy9ite: Nice thread! My love for caracta will soon be documented. Met online from the wooing challenge, got to know each other, married and died together!
Mumu grin
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Excel30: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Does it mean that these people are saint,because the attitude of of those that profess to love these days baffles me.
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Emmy9ite(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
xynerise:
Mumu grin
Antelope. cheesy
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by xynerise: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
Emmy9ite: Antelope. cheesy
*slaps his eyeballs*
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Dsage1: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
@op and others, believe it or not, there's no natural LOVE except the love of God.

Humans LOVE is selfish,LOVE is conditional, LOVE has a limit, infact LOVE is over hype.
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by babestell(f): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Awwwww Stories like this make you keep believing in people. God bless us all with a love story like that of the first couple
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
nyere84: Skydeep, hope ur new baby is doing fine??

@Topic, If you have not given a Heart....,

If you have not taken a Heart...,

Wat are you then living for..??

My best qoute in life is...., “Above all, LOVE is the greatest.
Baby is doing well, thanks cool
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by slap1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
Love is the greatest!
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Dyt(f): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Stories like dis makes me cry
*cleans tear drop*
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by xynerise: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Dyt: Stories like dis makes me cry
*cleans tear drop*
*Gives her his body towel to clean her eyes*
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Exponental(m): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2013
wasak: hmmmmmmnnn....I'm touched... but what is love?
love is an expression of stupidity.
............If someone u dont love ask u to do same thing u did for d one u love, ur response maybe.... I dey craze?............
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Exponental(m): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2013
Dyt: Stories like dis makes me cry
*cleans tear drop*
can u supply a bucket full of tears?
Let's do biz if u can!
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Dyt(f): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2013
xynerise:
*Gives her his body towel to clean her eyes*

Ewooooooo
Na wetin antelope dey carry up n down b dis?
Faints
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Dyt(f): 6:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Exponental:
can u supply a bucket full of tears?
Let's do biz if u can!

I don faint
Don't wake me pls
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by xynerise: 6:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Dyt:

Ewooooooo
Na wetin antelope dey carry up n down b dis?
Faints
Na swagger na tongue
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by Dyt(f): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2013
xynerise:
Na swagger na tongue

Wetin dey swagger for dis one now
Yuck
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by xynerise: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2013
Dyt:

Wetin dey swagger for dis one now
Yuck
Antelope grin
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by alleviate2002us(m): 5:34am On Sep 08, 2013
@OP, nice one....
Re: Amazing Acts Of Love by skydeep(f): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
alleviate2002us: @OP, nice one....
Thanks dear cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help! I'm Tired Of Sleeeping With Girls! HELP me!!! not CURSE me!! / Is Anything Wrong In Picking My Boo/hubby Incoming Cal / I'm 39+ Can I Have A Boyfriend Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.