Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Want To Start Going On Dates Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Start Going On Dates Again (827 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by myjesus500: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hello beautiful House,
I am fairly new here,although iv come across this board a few times,iv really never posted much here.

I decided to post this message here to get people's opinions on dating and knowing the will of God for marriage.

I am in my late 20's,a God lover,born again and mostly an introvert.Iv always been the quiet and reserved type right from school days,but I do have days when I get extremely hyper and excited and do things which I wouldn't ordinarily do.
I am of yoruba origin,well brought up by strict yoruba oriented parents and growing up,my parents would ask that I go read my books,instead of going out to visit friends.I have carried that into the present,and because of that I have very few friends.
I actually dated a few wrong men,and now I'm starting to get really bored just staying at home,waiting for the flesh of my flesh.its been a long wait and just wanted to find out how to go about meeting God loving men who want Jesus as the centre of their marriage.

Some would say why don't I look into church?well to be honest,iv tried,my church is mainly a youth church and the most that are of marriage age are either taken,or not ready till the next few years.

I would love to go on dates again,meet a God fearing yoruba man who is caring,romantic and willing to folllow the principles of God.motivated,a professional,preferably in his early 30's and who knows exactly what he wants in my life.

Life could be enjoyable if one makes the right choices,but then again having strong principles and obeying them.I'd like to read your replies as well as suggestions from this forum.Thanks for taking out time to read my msg.God bless.

You can reach me on myjesus500@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
myjesus500: I would love to go on dates again,meet a God fearing yoruba man
How about a God-fearing Christian. You claim to be born-again yet you're particular about the tribe the person comes from. Born again indeed.
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^

And what's wrong with marrying from your own tribe? It's her choice, don't you think?
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
Btw @op, I'm sorry, I just don't believe your story, migh be a scam for all I know,,
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
aManFromMars: ^^^

And what's wrong with marrying from your own tribe? It's her choice, don't you think?
There's nothing wrong. What is wrong is highlighting and claiming Born again. She should look for a husband with Christ-like qualities irrespective of where the person comes from.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by myjesus500: 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't think there is anything wrong with stating my preference.
I am yoruba and would prefer to relate with someone that can speak and understand my language.
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
myjesus500: I don't think there is anything wrong with stating my preference.
I am yoruba and would prefer to relate with someone that can speak and understand my language.
As simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
myjesus500: I don't think there is anything wrong with stating my preference.
I'm judging you because you kept harping on the fact that you're a born again Christian, so i'm surprised that you could state a canal preference instead of sticking for someone that exudes the image of Christ.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm judging you because you kept harping on the fact that you're a born again Christian, so i'm surprised that you could state a canal preference instead of sticking for someone that exudes the image of Christ.

She wants a Christian and preferably a Yoruba, what exactly is your problem? Have Yoruba girls been turning you down? Aren't there Yoruba guys that exude this so called image of Christ?
Should she ignore them and search for others from other tribes just to satisfy your sentiments?

Wtf is this world turning to?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

She wants a Christian and preferably a Yoruba, what exactly is your problem? Have Yoruba girls been turning you down? Aren't there Yoruba guys that exude this so called image of Christ?
Should she ignore them and search for others from other tribe just to satisfy your sentiments?

Wtf is this world turning to?
The bolded is what i want to know. There's nothing wrong with her marrying a Yoruba like herself. The bible says we should be Christ-like in our disposition. Imagine if Jesus says he wants only people from Israel to make heaven. How will that sound? It's hypocritical for someone to be using one mouth to say she's a born again Christian and using the same mouth to say any other born again Christian that's not from her place is not welcome. I thought that in the kingdom of God, there's no race, tribe et al.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded is what i want to know. There's nothing wrong with her marrying a Yoruba like herself. The bible says we should be Christ-like in our disposition. Imagine if Jesus says he wants only people from Israel to make heaven. How will that sound? It's hypocritical for someone to be using one mouth to say she's a born again Christian and using the same mouth to say any other born again Christian that's not from her place is not welcome. I thought that in the kingdom of God, there's no race, tribe et al.

Would you allow anyone who claims to be born again to sleep over at your place in your sister's room?
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

Would you allow anyone who claims to be born again to sleep over at your place in your sister's room?
I don't understand how what bearing does it have on the topic and my assertion?
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't understand how what bearing does it have on the topic and my assertion?

Good. Because you'd feel more safe around those whom you are more comfortable and familiar with. Choosing Yorubas above other tribes doesn't make her in any way tribalistic as I'm sure you're trying to insinuate. I'll choose family first, an outsider has lots to do to win my admiration, respect and trust.

Born again, na so people dey use miss road, siddon on top pastor lap..
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Infact, let's flip the script.

An Igbo lady comes on here, and says she wants someone who's born-again and non-Igbo... how would you react to that?
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

Good. Because you'd feel more safe around those whom you are more comfortable and familiar with. Choosing Yorubas above other tribes doesn't make her in any way tribalistic as I'm sure you're trying to insinuate. I'll choose family first, an outsider has lots to do to win my admiration, respect and trust.

Born again, na so people dey use miss road, siddon on top pastor lap..
In Christianity, your family is the body of Christ. That means anyone that truly born again and not someone from your ethnic group. It's either you're one or the other.

aManFromMars: Infact, let's flip the script.

An Igbo lady comes on here, and says she wants someone who's born-again and non-Igbo... how would you react to that?

aManFromMars: Infact, let's flip the script.

I'll also castigate her. I'll do that to anyone that will profess being born again and now bring a carnal criteria like ethnicity.
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
I agree with Afam4eva here, we are brothers and sisters in the Lord and race does not matter @ all. When Jesus Christ died the curtains were torb into two, that means that we are all one.
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jesus was a Jew and not Yoruba......seems the op wont marty Jesus if he offered.....

But then again, she has a right to choose who she wants to matrry.

I for one will never marry someone that watches Africa magic...NEVER
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
In Christianity, your family is the body of Christ. That means anyone that truly born again and not someone from your ethnic group. It's either you're one or the other.

What's surprising is how you could go through all the text in blue and pick issues with that in red? Shows how much of the Christ Image you exude? Apparently, you're not blinded to ethnic sentiments as you would like us believe.

Infact, no Nigerian is.

I am in my late 20's,a God lover,born again and mostly an introvert.Iv always been the quiet and reserved type right from school days,but I do have days when I get extremely hyper and excited and do things which I wouldn't ordinarily do.
I am of yoruba origin,well brought up by strict yoruba oriented parents and growing up,my parents would ask that I go read my books,instead of going out to visit friends.I have carried that into the present,and because of that I have very few friends.

I actually dated a few wrong men,and now I'm starting to get really bored just staying at home,waiting for the flesh of my flesh.its been a long wait and just wanted to find out how to go about meeting God loving men who want Jesus as the centre of their marriage.

Some would say why don't I look into church?well to be honest,iv tried,my church is mainly a youth church and the most that are of marriage age are either taken,or not ready till the next few years.

I would love to go on dates again,meet a God fearing yoruba man who is caring,romantic and willing to folllow the principles of God.motivated,a professional,preferably in his early 30's and who knows exactly what he wants in my life.

Life could be enjoyable if one makes the right choices,but then again having strong principles and obeying them.I'd like to read your replies as well as suggestions from this forum.Thanks for taking out time to read my msg.God bless.

Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by magkhan(f): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
The op needs advice and y'all are bashing her for her preference...born again or not we all have our preferences.its not a sin
op...as a born again you are not to worry about marriage.put your petitions and preferences before God,but never forget to add...LET YOUR WILL BE DONE...
you need not change your church,remain steadfast and your husband will locate you....
you could ask God for signs to be sure just like Abrahams servant did...keep an open mind my dear...
God bless you and direct you...AMEN
Re: I Want To Start Going On Dates Again by sholajohn(f): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2013
@OP, you are just like me, but I have come to believe that its not in our hands to choose the right partner but God's hand. Once u are a born again christian, your prayer should be 'Let God's will be done in your life no matter what you desire' bcz only God knows what's best 4 us and our future. keep doing what you are doing, your husband will surely locate you IJN.

(1) (Reply)

When You See A Celeb In Churches Like SCOAN, What Comes To Your Mind? / All Catholics Worship Satan, They Will Go To HELL. Chris Okotie / Is The Tithe For Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.