Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? (44001 Views)

How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / Mozilla Firefox Vs Google Chrome Which Is Better? / Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by chubbyzegna(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2013
chrome
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by hustla(m): 8:00am On Sep 02, 2013
Chrome of course
Very smooth and.. fast

Torch browser too..you should try that
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by uzername: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2013
Nairaland mods dy vex me as i dey here so. Imagine javanian ban me in the programming section till 2106. Am in my 20's. . I won come back to nairaland frm my grave? Abeg Torchbrowser all the way. But of this 3 browsers. Chrome does the magic

1 Like

Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by busayobrig: 8:09am On Sep 02, 2013
Maxthon
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Evalsam1(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2013
opera is d best on Mobil phone y on computer it's FireFox
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by eluquenson(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2013
They all av mainly the same features,their difference is not much, bt ur internet connection will determine how fast they respond.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by felucci(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2013
Are you still asking? For me Chrome beats Opera hands down. That is if you are talking about Opera and Chrome for desktop. There is also Opera and Chrome for mobile.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by quickygirl(f): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2013
Fire Chrome is the fastest
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by jude33084(m): 8:26am On Sep 02, 2013
I have all but Mozila stands out. wink

Don't know why though undecided
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by fortunejum: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2013
nvnnyz: IE was left out, IE is the fastest
IE is out from the competition.

1 Like

Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by jude33084(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2013
onegig: Fire fox comes at a distant second. . If i list all what my opera does? You guys will marvel.

Nothing beats my opera. Its much more than just a browser. From mouse gestures, to built in note pad, wand for password management. As in opera is for advanced and unique users who knows what browsing the internet means. Also the opera cache is awesome. I open over 40 tabs let then load disconnect my connection, shut down my system and when i restart it my opera displays all the pages the way i left them. Tell me what beats this. I just dey start m. Don't let me mention other things like speed dials, customizable proxy settings, ability to disguise your browser as i.e , fire fox or even netscape.

I thought it was only firefox that does that smiley

What version of opera are you using bro because mine dulls browsing undecided
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Adanyebe(m): 8:41am On Sep 02, 2013
Chrome is the fastest and also has disadvantages. It creates new processes for every new tab opened in ur browser. You can confirm that by checking it out in your task manager. (ALT + CTRL + DELETE) and at the same time slows up your computer (I.e. if your system config is of very low grade)

Firefox is likewise fast and gives you acurate displays of webpages. Newer versions tend to slow up your system with recents additions and modifications made to it.

Opera is also fast but tends to disable some web features (such as some CSS3, Ajax, javascript properties) so as to load faster. One thing I like about it is that, it displays mobile web pages at it best and loads faster with acurate display.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Ayolicious91(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2013
I avnt bn using chrome and moxilla.i think opera is the fastest.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by ZN2: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Safari for me.

Chrome is one nifty browser though.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2013
saxywale: for heavy browsing that involves watching HD channels on broadband and opening several YouTube videos at the same time. I give it to opera. for just simple bland browsing and searching the web, I give it to chrome. I stopped using Mozilla immediately chrome was released.

let's put it this way. opera is like Mercedes Benz(luxury ,rugged n comes with many extras as standard, while chrome is like Toyota( bland and ideal for everyday use) and Mozilla is like Mazda(just there, bland n not so reliable, crashes a lot).

For banking services and online transactions. I will pick IE any day anytime. It's security features is the best. My bank's online services pages won't even open or load if it's not IE.It's like a Volvo.lol

that's my 2kobo.

Hehe.

IE is clamped to old features and idea, we've grown past it now.

It lacks that slicky effect Opera brings to the table and i doubt how fast it moves these days.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by ChijiokeBen: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2013
fire fox is great in speed but that depend in the network because one thing a love so much about is speed when surfing the internet. now Airtel is giving that, for more information on how hit my signature below!
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by jude33084(m): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2013
ehizo25: All things being equal, I think google chrome is faster than the others.

If I get you correctly, your all things being equal will be a fast and steady network? wink

All things being equal in terms of network don't work in naija here hence the need for either firefox or chrome incase of downloading breakage smiley
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2013
na from name u go know: firefox
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by henrizzle(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2013
chrome joor
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by coolmarvy: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2013
Fastest browsers accordingly:
1. Mozilla firefox
2. Google chrome
3. Opera

IE is a hellllll of a browser.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Kachi188(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2013
Firefox iڰ easier to configure f̶̲̥̅̊O̶̷̩̥̊͡r free browsing, gbam
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by kunlesehan(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2013
for pc it is Google Chrome
for mobile it is opera mini
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by adanny01(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2013
I use only opera and Firefox.

For speed, i believe opera is slightly faster. Reason being that firefox consumes more RAM which makes the entire system slower if ur system is already low on RAM.

I use opera mostly for many reasons.

1. Very low data usage. Firefox consumes too much data. With Opera, you can press the back button and you can go through all your pevious pages without reloading or refreshing the pages which saves your data. Fire fox will reload your previous page when you go back. This is my major reason for prefering opera to any browser.

2. Opera shows my browsing speed, upload and download size. This handy if i am to manage 10mb of data for a particular purpose. I also enjoy the feature when uploading files to yahoo which lets me know my progress in detail.

3. You dont need to save a page with opera. You can hibernate and come back to your opened tabs the way you left it even without reconnecting. You can close opera and reopen with all you opened tabs still the way they are.

The only downside is that of support by some applications like orbit grab pro and websites like yahoo and facebook.

This applies to both pc and android. Though point 2 is not available on android.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by pobosky20(m): 9:23am On Sep 02, 2013
I'v got the three in my system. This is d way i ranked them(frm top to bottom):
1st: fire fox mozulle winning mozila.

2nd: operaMini (e no dey try well).

3rd: google chrome (chromosomes alwaz dey malfunction).

4th: intenetExplorer.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by pobosky20(m): 9:23am On Sep 02, 2013
I'v got the three in my system. This is d way i ranked them(frm top to bottom):
1st: fire fox mozila(na gorila).

2nd: operaMini (e no dey try well).

3rd: google chrome (chromosomes alwaz dey malfunction).

4th: intenetExplorer.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:23am On Sep 02, 2013
Firefox!
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by haibe(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2013
fortunejum:
IE is out from the competition.

but presently IE is d fastest; I mean IE 10 though, I hated IE before until I updated to IE 10, MEHN THE SPEED IS WOW..EVEN THE LATEST MOZILLA IS NOT FAST COMPARED TO IE10, ITS MY DEFAULT BROWSER NOW. GOOGLE CHROME IS ALSO FAST TOO, AMONG THE OP OPTION GOOGLE CHROME IS THE FASTEST.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by lockedOut: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2013
To really get to know the best browser one needs to open a content heavy web page and see how fast it loads on each browser.

For me functionality does it, I presently use Mozilla but I have Opera, Chrome and Internet explorer installed. I have found out that anytime I restart my system after hibernating, Chrome hangs and will remain unresponsive for long periods. Though I can't take away the simplicity of the browser, the fact that it allows me to view much larger contents on a single page is a huge attraction for me.

Opera with their tabs and lower screen panels takes like one third of the screen which is one of the reasons I stopped using Opera. Opera has its own attractions, it has in built torrent down-loader, a faster download manager compared to Mozilla and chrome. The notepad is one feature I would love to see in other browsers, it makes copying of contents and saving of email address relatively easy and add to the fact even if you mistakenly shut down your system the contents are automatically saved is quite wonderful.

No doubt Opera is features packed, compared to Mozilla and Chrome(though with some add-ons you might get some of this functionality in other browsers as well) but the viewing content part is a huge let down for me.

Also my mozilla crashes alot with the error message "" A plugin has stopped this page from responding"" but I think I have settled for both Chrome and Mozilla because of the relative ease of use and larger viewing experience of both browsers.

I dont know why I just don't dig internet explorer maybe because earlier versions were not as user friendly as other browsers. All in all when it comes to speed I think Chrome takes the lead, but what I have not really tested is the Opera Link ( the feature that allows Opera to compress web pages) but opera is also a good browser. but for me Chrome and Mozilla does it.
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by Etesam(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: what is browser
I think this is the most original contribution to this thread!(No hard feelings) Well, can anybody help?
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by mrofficial(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2013
Lol. I use all of them. CoolNovo, Opera, Firefox, SuperBird, Torch, Epic, Chrome, Maxthon, Safari and SRWare Iron. grin
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by visita: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2013
For me its mozilla firefox, its the only browser that will stand by your side when you have an ailing connection smiley
Re: Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? by bizybrain(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2013
Chrome all the way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? / Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / Can My Wireless Keyboard Work With My Pc Without Using An External Receiver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.