Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

21st Century Woman Can You Take This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? (1173 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Floxxi(f): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
I've been living with my husband in his family house with his widowed sister and his mum for over ten years with so many insults and experiences all i've endured but my husband do not see my endurance as anything . Please how many today's woman can do this?
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Not many can do it. You're a different kind of woman. Btw, have you told your husband about it? He may think you're ok with it if you're not complaining.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by demelza: 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
@Op,
You must be the Patron Saint for longsuffering. If you havent been beatified by the pope, I suspect foul play.
Since you have handled this for over 10yrs, dont you think its a little too late for you to start complaining? Just keep on enduring.
As for me, God forbid.

4 Likes

Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
Why do they insult you? Does your husband know about it and has he done anything about it?

Afam4eva: Not many can do it. You're a different kind of woman. Btw, have you told your husband about it? He may think you're ok with it if you're not complaining.

+1.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by bellong: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Is your husband facing financial challenges that he can't relocate to a neutral environment or probably building his own house to move to?

Whatever the case, talk to him that you are tired of the environment and let him get a new place if he has the financial will to do so.. It is not easy staying in a family house..

God help you
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
So you are here to praise yourself or feel sorry for yourself.

To be honest, just focus on what you are doing and stop trying to know if you are lucky or not.

For me, some ppl will see it that you are suffering while some will see it as normal. So, it's up to you to know if it's normal to you or suffering.

For me, I no dey take insult Sha, no be when you see me sef before u talk of insulting.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Floxxi(f): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
I vacated my room for sis- in- law's son as he got admission when i was about to finish to avoid him paying agent and agreement fee with all my belongings only for him to burn my waec certificate and sme personal stuff i went thru hell before i could do clearance to graduate. Now he is doing his NYSC and left the remaining propeties there and i've been asking for my properties but my husband said i should forgo it cos the sis doesn't have the money he owes the landlord.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
Look for money and get even a 1 room apartment.
How are you paying rent in a "family house", I don't understand why you will jointly rent a house with your in laws.
The issue is confusing.

Truth is that 21st centuary woman will prefer to live in a box with her husband than in a family house for 10 years
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
10years.??

I go will @chillicake on this one.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Disjointed story!!

You stay in a family house with ur hubby for ten years, do you have kids & where are they?

What has your room in University got to do with the situation?
And what stuffs are u still claiming 4years after graduating?
You need the stuff for what?

Please clarify so people can advice you better!
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by longsam: 6:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Very few and unfortunately you are one.You can still talk to your husband about your discomfort and advice him to get another place so that they can remain and you can move forward.
Re: 21st Century Woman Can You Take This? by Floxxi(f): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thank you all for your response, the story being disjointed is due to emotion bottled up inside me for long which made me not being coordinated. What i mean is one of my experiences stated about the room was the room i stayed while in sch and the properties i left in the room.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Become A Teenage Father! / The Effects Of Overprotective Parenting / First Womb-transplant Baby Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.