Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Do You Pray For Your Club? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Do You Pray For Your Club? (4452 Views)

Drop Your Tributes To Steven George Gerrard The LFC Legend no matter your club. / Would You Like To Be Buried In Your Club's Official Cemetery? / NL All-Stars Team – Arsenal v Chelsea v Man Utd ~ Sign In And Rep Your Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pray For Your Club? by cosmatika(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Though it might sound ridiculous, but how many of us make out time to pray for the success of the clubs we fan? Last 2 seasons when Arsenal played against tottenham at the Emirate stadium, it was my birthday and I asked God to help my team win as a birtday gift to me, and it happened.

Today again, Arsenal's victory in the North London derby was 1 of my prayer point in church, and God has done it again despite the fearful squad tottenham came with. Pre pre pre, praiseeeeeeeeee the Lord, can I hear you sey Amen.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Enegod(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
smh

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by petrov10: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
To start with i want to thank everybody here both members and guest!

I want to give a shout out to my friends and well wishers....I never thought it will ever happn

bt yes
althoug it was about time .I AM SECOND TO COMMENT

OK bk to the topic , There was a day i knelt down...Shouting lord no lord no ...When my team was playing

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by TUNEX89(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
For why ?
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Kings77: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
STC
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by mu2sa2: 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
@post are you saying your club won those matches because you prayed? Supposing you did not pray are you saying Arsenal wouldn't have won those matches? These days some people assume holier-than-thou attitude about themselves - but even the ones who claim to be healing people and casting out demons go for periodic medical check-up! Whither naija with 419ners!!!
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Iboboiz93(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yipeeee!!! Am 3rd
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by delpharm(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
yeah i do pray ooo grin help me thank God for another first page tinz #dancin# cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by BYSilver(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
As interesting as it sounds..so what happens when we all pray for our various teams and they get 2play each oda..e.g man u fan v chelsea fan praying for the same outcome..will God then pick and drop?.
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by tolurainbow(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Am a man u fan but I also pray dat liverpool should flog our ass so dat our stupid coach will sign a fuckin new players.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by naijaobi(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
this kind of post wouldn't av made front page originally..but it did..why?

END TIME TINZ cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by yunglykmine(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
I only pray for my dear 'Super Eagles'...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by oloyedayo(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
i never pray for my self finish how i wan get time pray for futbol club? i love arsenal die but praying for them?
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by philfearon(m): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Who doesnt?
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by swhiss: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Not sure if God answers such prayers...cuz if God should realy make my team to win and urz loose....i think thats patiality

and Our God is not partial.
So rather than pray i jes sit and enjoy the game!

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by demelza: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
LOL!
I will admit I did it once. That was during the final of the UEFA champions league when Chelsea won the cup for the first time against Bayern. The thought of all these other half-baked teams mocking us if we didnt win made me taste bile.
Me and Baba God were besties that sunday.
#sweet memories.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by cosmatika(m): 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
tolurainbow: Am a man u fan but I also pray dat liverpool should flog our ass so dat our stupid coach will sign a fuckin new players.
signing new players is nt d prob wit Man U. Y is Moyes benching Kagawa?

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by cosmatika(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
demelza: LOL!
I will admit I did it once. That was during the final of the UEFA champions league when Chelsea won the cup for the first time against Bayern. The thought of all these other half-baked teams mocking us if we didnt win made me taste bile.
Me and Baba God were besties that sunday.
#sweet memories.
Lol. I wish these clubs could knw hw far we go in supporting dem. Sometimes one can even fight in defence of his club

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Tos87(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Only when they ǟяɇ in action.Ї will be like "Oooohhh Noooo!!! God pls" cheesy ãпԃ it does work.
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by cold(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
@op,can't blame you though. If TB Joshua predicts football matches for a living,what more a lesser mortal like you
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by raynold(m): 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
yeah.. I alway make the sign of the cross and pray in my mind before each match... upppp Liverpool.YNWA

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by gen2briz(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thank God am clubless
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by tolurainbow(m): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
cosmatika: signing new players is nt d prob wit Man U. Y is Moyes benching Kagawa?
I get u but atleast we nid a creative midfieder 2 boost our squard.
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by oluwadare26(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
y
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Austinodark(m): 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yea,I prayed in d Church for Liverpool to win Manu today and it worked!

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by demelza: 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
cosmatika: Lol. I wish these clubs could knw hw far we go in supporting dem. Sometimes one can even fight in defence of his club
That is one of the things I love about sports, the passion.
I dont know about the fighting aspect but I would have emptied my bank account paying tithes in COZA (adulterous pastor or not) the day Chelsea won UEFA. I was deliriously happy.
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by ikedaniel15: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
_
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by slap1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
I did, until I discovered that prayers don't work on Arsene Wenger!
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by kollybay4u: 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
cosmatika: Though it might sound ridiculous, but how many of us make out time to pray for the success of the clubs we fan? Last 2 seasons when Arsenal played against tottenham at the Emirate stadium, it was my birthday and I asked God to help my team win as a birtday gift to me, and it happened.

Today again, Arsenal's victory in the North London derby was 1 of my prayer point in church, and God has done it again despite the fearful squad tottenham came with. Pre pre pre, praiseeeeeeeeee the Lord, can I hear you sey Amen.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
praying 4 arselna u go give urself heart attack ooo dem no need cup
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yesssoooo.
As an Arsenal fan for 11 years, I have gone through a lot. Prayers and fasting has become a norm in my house whenever a big match comes up for us. It is not hard enough that I am Arsenal fan, I am also a Super Eagles fan. I suffer from high BP and heartbreak as a result of these two teams ;(

P.S.
If there is one thing about me that I have learnt, it is that through thick and thin, I will always stick to what I love. Especially in my relationships. Nigerian girls... take note!
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Op it means your problem is small
Re: Do You Pray For Your Club? by aktolly54(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
slap1: I did, until I discovered that prayers don't work on Arsene Wenger!
LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage / Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.