Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26267 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by apostle007(m): 12:06am On Sep 03, 2013
Being gay and being Christian...hmmn... mutually exclusive.

@joel lala: thumbs up! very good exposition.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Archildao: 12:11am On Sep 03, 2013
End time thread !*picks my slippers and runs away* angry
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Did CAMEROONPRIDE say he's one? Did you check out his profile? If I remember correctly, he's one of Nairaland's champions of African paganism? https://www.nairaland.com/1319864/pagan9ja

Actually he's a Catholic, and would rain abuses on anyone that goes against his Catholic beliefs.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

There is nothing like a devoted gay Christian, That is a contradiction

Secondly, gay is not a natural or physical state you are born into, like color and gender. It is a choice and a desire you have. Homosexuals are only trying to justify their act by claiming they were born that way. No one is born a homosexual. You choose to be a homosexual. There is nothing like a homosexual gene.
U know nothing about being gay bro.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l:
U know nothing about being gay bro.

What is there to know? No one is born gay. Simple as that. You can delude yourself all you like, but it wont change anything. I know a gay scientist will soon try to start a research to prove people have gay genes but you know the truth within you. No one is born a homosexual. There is a reason homosexuality is been pushed with so much force around the world. It is an agenda. The antichrist will be gay. The scripture shows that. He will also be a proponent of one world religion, one world government and one world economy. We are in the age of the 10 virgins. let him that has an ear, hear!

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by pazienza(m): 12:20am On Sep 03, 2013
Why would someone want to be gay and xtian the same time? If that is not madness,i don't know what to call it. I mean,why spoil people's religion for them,or is it because modern xtians are not as prone to violence as their muslim counterpart?

If you want to be gay,go and be gay,but leave people's religion for them.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

What is there to know? No one is born gay. Simple as that. You can delude yourself all you like, but it wont change anything. I know a gay scientist will soon try to start a research to prove people have gay genes but you know the truth within you. No one is born a homosexual. There is a reason homosexuality is been pushed with so much force around the world. It is an agenda. The antichrist will be gay. The scripture shows that. He will also be a proponent of one world religion, one world government and one world economy. We are in the age of the 10 virgins. let him that has an ear, hear!
At this point I knw u re beyond what I can handle.
U won. People chose to be gay, jst like u chose to be straight. You remember dat time, during puberty, u were presented with two choices--either boys or girls! I'm glad u chose girls. Did u?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 03, 2013
Can one be a Christian and still a fornicator? Or a Christian and an adulterer? Or a Christian and still a liar? Seems some people think some sins are worse than others which isn't so. If we do some of these things and believe that we are still Christians then all we can do is pray for one another to overcome our weaknesses.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by EmperorSeal(m): 12:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Read the story of Sodom and gomorrah then you would ask your self why did God destroy the city it was because men wanted to have sexual intercost with angel who came to visit lot
God already made up his mind to destroy that city even before the angels met Abraham and also before they got to the city. The citizens of that city were wicked and vile, so God couldn't condone them anymore hence the destruction. The angels went there on the assignment to destroy the city before the attempted defyment from the men of the city. God bless u
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 12:42am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l:
At this point I knw u re beyond what I can handle.
U won. People chose to be gay, jst like u chose to be straight. You remember dat time, during puberty, u were presented with two choices--either boys or girls! I'm glad u chose girls. Did u?

You dont choose to be gay or straight in that sense. You are born with either a male organ or a female organ. You dont choose that. A male organ does no fit into another male organ. That is not rocket science is it? A male organ fits into a female organ. If the world started with 2 males, you would not be here typing this post. That is why the bible calls it unnatural. Color and gender are natural phenomenon. Homosexuality is not. So when something is not natural, it is a choice. You dont choose to be "straight". You are born straight. I actually dont like the term straight because it is funny and deliberate coinage created to suggest there is another state, which is really not a state but a choice.

What makes a man a male is not his feelings but his physical nature.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by EmperorSeal(m): 12:43am On Sep 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

Show me in the bible where it was stated you can be gay and be a Christian undecided

una go dey turn bible upside down

show me in the Bible where it is stated that u can commit sin as u like and still be a christain

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Tintinix: 12:49am On Sep 03, 2013
1 Peter 4:16-19
16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

At the end Sin is sin.
Resist temptation and it will flee from you.. No matter how you feel entitled to your sexual orientation.. It is sin
If the body of Moses was being contended for ....
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by waseauta: 12:50am On Sep 03, 2013
You cannot be a born again christian n stil be a gay,rember sordom n gomora GOd destroyd them because of gay n lesbian.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 12:53am On Sep 03, 2013
tatiana009: Can one be a Christian and still a fornicator? Or a Christian and an adulterer? Or a Christian and still a liar? Seems some people think some sins are worse than others which isn't so. If we do some of these things and believe that we are still Christians then all we can do is pray for one another to overcome our weaknesses.

You cannot be a Christian and a fornicator. The bible is clear on that. You will go to hell. Same for an adulterer and a liar.

A fornicator is not someone who finds himself somewhere one day alone, with a lady, gets tempted and commits fornication and becomes deeply sorry for it and repents and stops doing it. A fornicator is one that goes on fornicating regularly and still goes to church and claims to worship God. You see the difference? Jeus told that woman to go and sin no more. If you run after women everyday, you are not a Christian. If you are truly born again, you will loose that urge. Many people who claim they are born again today are really not. They are just being churched. You cannot encounter Jesus Christ and your life not change. You will immediately loose your appetite for sin. Immediately. It is not gradual like some pastors are now preaching just to keep members in church

1 John 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Notice it says "if" not "when". It means you are not expected to. If you go on living like that, then you are not a Christian. You are just a religious person.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 03, 2013
This theoctupus guy have been talking rubbish ever since he staggered his way into this thread. I have followed all his comments and they keep getting worse as he tends to argue his points further. Since it's now late at night, it's advisable he goes to bed because i suspect he's drunk! His reasoning has clearly lacked coherency and cordination.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by BICE(m): 1:15am On Sep 03, 2013
are u ready for my comment?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by BICE(m): 1:19am On Sep 03, 2013
frm my own findings, i believe there's noting compelling about gay or homosexuality, its only if you want to allow your self to be used by this evil spirit. Now if u want to dispute dis pls tell us some genuine ways to know if sm1's gay
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by bee444: 1:28am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l: Being gay is not a sin. Having gay sex is. As is having premarital sex.
We have devoted gay christians, who hav decided to put away their sexuality and serve God wholly.
Sm guys here with 10 gfs n never spent a day without sex be spewing hate on gays. There are gay guys who had never used their pen1s once, because they are afraid to sin. Now tell me why God would rage on them. There were born that way, He made them that way. If it's a mistake, it's His.
Live ur own life, this heaven race is a personal affair. And u re never gonne score an xtra mark by condemning gays, helping God do his work.

Now, you want to teach us philosophy, abi? Being gay totally means you're having gay sex. What part of this simple logic don't you understand? A lesbian is called so because she has had lesbian affair. A man is called gay because he's sleeping with a man. Stop trying to sound silly.

Now, no one is born gay and no man is born a criminal. The police and the prosecution services have for far too long deceived millions that some people are born criminal.

Research and evidence of my assertion to this fact has been inconclusive since the emergence of this cankerworm. Scientists, criminologists, psychologists and sociologists have failed to see the correlation between birth and being gay.

Neil Christie attributes being gay to environmental factor, social withdrawal, rejection and unexpected relationship breakdown between two lovers (M&F), loneliness, bully, the type of school you go to (boys or girls only), peer pressure and the fear of loosing someone that special.

Christie's assertion makes sense to me than the rest of these "new comers" researchers who themselves are gay.

Voltaire & Rousseau (1700) asserted that: free will, hedonistic decision making, the failure of the social contract and not adhering to moral values is what is producing this type of behaviour.

So, as you see, there are biological, sociological, psychological and socio-bilogical explanation of why people are becoming gay.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 1:31am On Sep 03, 2013
Johnpaul88: This theoctupus guy have been talking rubbish ever since he staggered his way into this thread. I have followed all his comments and they keep getting worse as he tends to argue his points further. Since it's now late at night, it's advisable he goes to bed because i suspect he's drunk! His reasoning has clearly lacked coherency and cordination.

grin grin grin

I understand your feelings but you do need Jesus in your life
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by trolling(m): 1:50am On Sep 03, 2013
Sodomite can't do anything about their situation except it's cast out by a divine force, it's a demon they inherited from a demon
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by isaiahethan: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2013
What will a man be searching in his fellow man bum,it is an abormination.such a man should be ashamed of themselves.I believe when you dish out a poo poo on plate,every gay man will definitely be attracted to eat embarassed

For the lesbians,these are group of women frustrated in mentally and physically.they still engage the evil act with artificial manhood.

Hell fire awaits homosexuals angry grin
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Ecash1: 1:55am On Sep 03, 2013
A person who practices true Christian doctrine CANNOT CONTINUE to be gay, though he started out as one.
any person that remains a homosexual and still thinks he is a christian is deceiving himself.
Do not be deceive.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by somegirl1: 3:00am On Sep 03, 2013
You are to come as you are.....however like any sin, homosexuality would/should eventually be forsaken.

It IS possible to love the sinner and hate the sin. I don't believe anyone was "born that way" as is being promoted.
I have worked with bisexuals and homosexuals and often forgot what their "orientations" were. I saw them as lovely people, albeit different.
I invited a bisexual guy to church and he seemed to enjoy the service.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 03, 2013
bee444:

Now, you want to teach us philosophy, abi? Being gay totally means you're having gay sex. What part of this simple logic don't you understand? A lesbian is called so because she has had lesbian affair. A man is called gay because he's sleeping with a man. Stop trying to sound silly.

Now, no one is born gay and no man is born a criminal. The police and the prosecution services have for far too long deceived millions that some people are born criminal.

Research and evidence of my assertion to this fact has been inconclusive since the emergence of this cankerworm. Scientists, criminologists, psychologists and sociologists have failed to see the correlation between birth and being gay.

Neil Christie attributes being gay to environmental factor, social withdrawal, rejection and unexpected relationship breakdown between two lovers (M&F), loneliness, bully, the type of school you go to (boys or girls only), peer pressure and the fear of loosing someone that special.

Christie's assertion makes sense to me than the rest of these "new comers" researchers who themselves are gay.

Voltaire & Rousseau (1700) asserted that: free will, hedonistic decision making, the failure of the social contract and not adhering to moral values is what is producing this type of behaviour.

So, as you see, there are biological, sociological, psychological and socio-bilogical explanation of why people are becoming gay.
I bothered to reply u cuz u quoted me, having paid no attention to the derogatory contents of ur write up.
If u think a gay man is jst any man that has had sex with another man, then it's obvious we re not on the same level for this argument. I'd advise u go home n study ur dictionary first.
And incase u don't knw, referencing an article dating as far back as 1700 to prove a point in 2013 is laughable.
Then 4 equating homosexuality with criminality, I'm speechless.
As to whether ppl are born gay or jst bcome gay when somethin happens to dem, I'll leave u to do d deduction urself.
According to u, evry human have a tendency to become gay any time if they are exposed to any of the causes u mention.
That means evry individual(you inclusive) has the ability to fall in love with any sex. So let's say it happened that ur gf left u and u re devastated. Then u go like, 'y not I jst start dating my fellow guys?' And u pik up ur fone and dial Peter. If u think that's how it works, then u must really be so scared of turning gay any day.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by ladyamabel: 3:54am On Sep 03, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: this is a very big lie.

Love your comment though.the points you noted will be in the part2 the following sunday.
re u sayin being homosexual is gud nd u dnt need 2 repent frm it?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by elebua: 4:03am On Sep 03, 2013
NO
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l:
I bothered to reply u cuz u quoted me, having paid no attention to the derogatory contents of ur write up.
If u think a gay man is jst any man that has had sex with another man, then it's obvious we re not on the same level for this argument. I'd advise u go home n study ur dictionary first.
And incase u don't knw, referencing an article dating as far back as 1700 to prove a point in 2013 is laughable.
Then 4 equating homosexuality with criminality, I'm speechless.
As to whether ppl are born gay or jst bcome gay when somethin happens to dem, I'll leave u to do d deduction urself.
According to u, evry human have a tendency to become gay any time if they are exposed to any of the causes u mention.
That means evry individual(you inclusive) has the ability to fall in love with any sex. So let's say it happened that ur gf left u and u re devastated. Then u go like, 'y not I jst start dating my fellow guys?' And u pik up ur fone and dial Peter. If u think that's how it works, then u must really be so scared of turning gay any day.

Thank you very much for this.

Honestly it's exhausting and there's absolutely no point trying to educate people most especially Nigerians about homosexuality ...the country is apparently still underdeveloped and still wallow in its ignorance, for a country with soo much potentials that was founded since what year now ?? and to still be in the third world rank with its citizens beats me and its very very sad.
What annoy me most are some people who placed themselves on pedestal and cast the first stone as they deem.

I watched Lisa Ling on OWN .. Alan chambers of the Exodus International ( church) where a Reparative therapy is done to change Gays to straight ( deliverance session ) ... These poor young men who are grade A believer than any yeye Naija fake pastor , struggled for years and decades with no avail and never changed... Some are still there struggling , crying, day and night to God and still waiting for that miracle for a change.

Have I witnessed how they struggle , thrown out of churches they grew up in for decades as a result of this ? Absolutely.

I've studied and be educated about this orientation and I've concluded to accept and embrace them for who they are.

But whether you accept them or not, something is very clear to ALL of us:

As long as Nobody and I mean NOONE hasn't been to heaven or HELL and came back with a testimony YET ... Then WE are ALL in for the same Haul.

2Cor10 : For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad
Let God ONLY be the judge of what is Good or Bad.

So Yes Hez you can be a Christian and Still be Gay Period!!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 03, 2013
jidegirl12:

Thank you very much for this.

Honestly it's exhausting and there's absolutely no point trying to educate people most especially Nigerians about homosexuality ...the country is apparently still underdeveloped and still wallow in its ignorance, for a country with soo much potentials that was founded since what year now ?? and to still be in the third world rank with its citizens beats me and its very very sad.
What annoy me most are some people who placed themselves on pedestal and cast the first stone as they deem.

I watched Lisa Ling on OWN .. Alan chambers of the Exodus International ( church) where a Reparative therapy is done to change Gays to straight ( deliverance session ) ... These poor young men who are grade A believer than any yeye Naija fake pastor , struggled for years and decades with no avail and never changed... Some are still there struggling , crying, day and night to God and still waiting for that miracle for a change.

Have I witnessed how they struggle , thrown out of churches they grew up in for decades as a result of this ? Absolutely.

I've studied and be educated about this orientation and I've concluded to accept and embrace them for who they are.

But whether you accept them or not, something is very clear to ALL of us:

As long as Nobody and I mean NOONE hasn't been to heaven or HELL and came back with a testimony YET ... Then WE are ALL in for the same Haul.

Let God ONLY be the judge of what is Good or Bad.

So Yes Hez you can be a Christian and Still be Gay Period!!

God alone IS the judge of good and bad and he has already said he wants none of that in his house. Or do you want to reach judgement day before you hear him say it again?

Your arguments also apply to young men and women who struggle with premarital sex.

Do you think it any easier for these straight men and women?

Perversion is perversion whether gay or straight.
We all have our challenges and our own fight against our flesh. If a thick bodied chick with a big butt and small waist struts past me in revealing clothing, I know the crap I have to go through for the next little while to balance out my system and neutralize the sexual urge to "get on that". It is a fight we ALL must win EVERYDAY with God's help.

Whatever alteration in your psyche caused the gayness, it is very clear that that was not your initial design, other wise you would have been given a kitten and not a dick. God does not like to waste.

This reminds me of the premarital sex thing. Because everyone was doing it and quite frankly couldn't understand life without it, the next way forward was to look for how to rationalize it. Many people are doing that today... Rationalizing something God considers an abomination is NOT how you will be making heaven, no matter what leeway or political-correct sympathy you manage to garner on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2013
The blood of Jesus, along with you actually wanting to be set free, CAN set you free.

I have also been delivered from certain compulsive sins in my life, and don't tell me "oh but this is different".

While I was ensnared by those sins, I saw no logical way out. I tried and failed so many times. I thought I was screwed up for life and it had been engrained within my very being (equivalent to the "born this way" argument given by homosexuals).

But by maintaining the fight, and pushing forward in faith, I trusted God for my impending liberty in faith and it came. I woke up one morning and realized I no longer had an urge for that was usually almost beyond my control. I had been set free.

As to your specific matter, there are many ex-homosexuals who by God's grace found liberty and today celebrate their victory over the battle. It was not easy, but they pushed out until they travailed.

Homosexuality is psychology on par with addiction, and requires the same persistence and desire to overcome it to actually do so.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by naptu2: 5:59am On Sep 03, 2013
masonkz:

Actually he's a Catholic, and would rain abuses on anyone that goes against his Catholic beliefs.

He is a Bwiti devotee (they sometimes incorporate some christian practices into their worship, but they are African traditional religionists).
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by akinvest(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote] Well, i advice u dont pervert the truth and the right ways of Lord ur God u can b a gay and same time Christ like. God "ll save u.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2013
End tym tyns... The world is really comin to an end. "Gays Repent"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / Prophet Uebert Angel Buys Can-Am For Himself / Plateau Killings: Bishop Oyedepo Spits Fire, Lays Curse On Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.