Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26264 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dhardline(m): 6:56am On Sep 03, 2013
Since you claim to be familiar with the scriptures which is what being a christian would make you know then it should also change your inclination and turn you straight.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by PastorOla1: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Heaven or Hell is by CHOISE.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by lacord5: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Someone asked a question above,in page 3 I think. He asked "can u be a serial killer and still be a christian? "Can u be a serial rapist and still be a christian? So therefore you cannot be gay and also be a christian".I think its too convenient of that poster to compare gays with serial killers and rapists. What about being an adulterer and still a christian? A fornicator and still a christian? A lier and still a christian?
We all have our own ways of offending God through sin.Homosexuality may be a sin but so also is adultery,fornication,lieing,stealing,envy etc. Yet a fornicator can call himself a christian and ask that a homosexual doesn't? Remove the log in your eye first before judging someone else.
Its just not easy to be a real christian and keep all God's commandments,its the willingness to keep trying that matters. We all need God's grace to act right.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by victorv12(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2013
I've never seen a religion being dominated by homosexuals like the Christain faith does. Christianity is evolving into a religion where homosexuality will be praised and won't be criticized rather it will be celebrated. The population of ladies that practice lesbianism in our country is on the rise and so mind boggling, not to talk about men that sleeps with themselves! In the next Five to Ten years to come, homosexuality will be glamorized in our country and be part of our culture. The indicies are too glaring!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by trolling(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2013
victorv12: I've never seen a religion being dominated by homosexuals like the Christain faith does. Christianity is evolving into a religion where homosexuality will be praised and won't be criticized rather it will be celebrated. The population of ladies that practice lesbianism in our country is on the rise and so mind boggling, not to talk about men that sleeps with themselves! In the next Five to Ten years to come, homosexuality will be glamorized in our country and be part of the Nigeria culture. The indicies are too glaring!
dont ypu know christianity is a joke, mystery babylon,mother of all "harlots"(christian "denom" ination) now let me paraphrase scriptures, in the book of Jeremiah or Isaiah its stated that the Gentiles would say to Israel we have inherited lies,im not talking about impostor Israelis

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Marizybaby(f): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2013
No. U cnt serve two masters at a tym. Homosexuality is one of d devices of d devil to decieve man. Bt we r nt ignorant of d devices of d devil. Resist d devil nd he wil flee 4rm u. Pls dnt use d bible 2 justify sin. Homosexuality is a way dat seemeth right in d eyes of man bt d end thereof is destruction in hell.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by mavo51: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2013
Tell dem
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2013
masonkz: My journey of questioning Christianity as a gay person started a while back. Nowadays I don't really use being gay as a reason for not being a a "true Christian". Just too many inconsistencies I see in Christianity.

I'm better off being the best I can be in this world, putting a smile on people's faces I see each day and trying as much as possible to be a good person, to myself, family, friends and people I meet.
why Not look into the life of prophet muhammed if there are lots of inconsistencies in christiandiom....

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by UyiIredia(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2013
The sacred text of Christianity contains texts that are explicitly against homo$€xuality so, it makes little sense and it is contradictory to be gay and Christian, though some people do pull it off.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by cachal: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2013
@Op Abel keep your shitt Gay story and right to yourself, go try gay right with Muslim if dem born you well.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Marizybaby(f): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2013
'Love d sinner bt hate d sin'. This doesnt mean sinners should b allowed 2 continue in sin. It means we should try and bring d sinner out of that sin so his soul will b save from hell. Being a gay doesnt mean u cant come out of it cos have heard alot of testimonies on dat. Bt u choose 2 remain in it nd u r calling urself a christian. U cnt decieve God, devil nd urself, Even if u r using this thread 2 decieve men. Dnt follow other gays who have made up their mind to go to hell nd telling u cn b a gay nd christian at d same time. They jst wnt 2 decieve u. Pls ask God 4 help nd He will help u. It might nt b easy but u will surely come out of it.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by iGeneral: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2013
Coza thinz
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2013
I pity christians! well who cares...All I know is my precious ISLAm forbade It...The OP Have a point even getting prooves from the bible...The bible had been edited the translators....which makes its corrupt! Every thing is clearly stated in the QURAN, the do and don't is clearly stated....May God Guide us to the RIGHT PATH... Ameen....
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2013
masonkz:

Here is someone (a Christian) cursing down fire and brimstone on someone else, while another (the OP) is trying to be a good Christian, despite his sexuality.

There are just some religious complications I just can't deal with.
u ar only seeing complicated things cos ur life is complicated and as u said itz confusing u, if u want to worship God, u do and if u don't want to serve him, just Bleep off and stopping confusing others as uve done to urself. that I fornicate does not give me the right to use bible to back it up. inshort gerrot
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by LuluSparklez(f): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2013
OP are you gay?
Anywai u can be gay & still go to church Buh u can't be gay & a christian. Lets not forget God destroyed sodom & gomorah
& btw...all dat crap about love the sinner, hate d sin. would you show me love if I killed your brother or mother? I'm a murderer. I'm a sinner too. Sin is sin. my point is I HATE gay people
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by ebichy(f): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]y quote d Bible to cover up ur ignorance. Keep ur opinions to urslf pls aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ dnt corrupt peoples mind on dere choice of faith!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by LuluSparklez(f): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2013
& I wonder how they become gay....
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Marizybaby(f): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2013
"Once saved, forever save". This is a lie from the pit of hell. U have 2 work out your salvation wit fear and trembling or u wil lose it. So u cant tell me u are a gay and a christian at the same time. Once u are save, u dont go back 2 ur old lifestyle. D bible says wen u are a new creature, old tins are pass away, all tnz are new. Wen lot wife turn backd 2 her old self, pleasures of dis world, she was turnd 2 a pillar of salt. D fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by free2ryhme: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
mod pls ban this guy. U had to quote evritin to post this few words? Which planet are u from? And pls dnt pick at me tnkx
I quote d whole thread is none of your business urs is to comment with relevance and stop acting immature and besides I don't pick on insignificant fries
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by free2ryhme: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2013
Taylor184: must you quote him.....smh
yes if to pRove my point
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by steveec122(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by blackpanda: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2013
masonkz: My journey of questioning Christianity as a gay person started a while back. Nowadays I don't really use being gay as a reason for not being a a "true Christian". Just too many inconsistencies I see in Christianity.

I'm better off being the best I can be in this world, putting a smile on people's faces I see each day and trying as much as possible to be a good person, to myself, family, friends and people I meet.

i totally agree with you. Religion has always been nothing more than a tool for rulership, i have no use for it.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Lucky me...
...Am a muslim. 8-)
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Chomzy19(f): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2013
@Hez dis is just an advice, d bible said if ur right hand will cause u to sin, cut it off better to enter into d kingdom of God with a hand than to perish in hell with both hands; so if u hv convinced urself that u re gay(cos i dont blieve anyone ws really born gay), d best thing for u to do is to become celibate; if u cant do it wit d opposite sex(who is ur wife) dont engage in sex at all, as for callin urself a true xtian n decided of ur own accord to live in sin n b unrepentant abt it. U re jst fooling urself cos God can never b mocked. If u say u re strugglin wit d sin of homosexuality as a christian den dts fyn, most xtians re actually strugglin wit fornication bt they dont begin to claim is right, sitting down on ur ass n justifyin ur sin n being unrepentant abt it is a one way ticket to hell weda u call urself a xtian or not.

Ps: all d bible passages u need to decide for urself hv been qouted in dis thread, deciding to overlook or go arnd them will nt help u
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by blackpanda: 8:17am On Sep 03, 2013
Marizybaby: "Once saved, forever save". This is a lie from the pit of hell. U have 2 work out your salvation wit fear and trembling or u wil lose it. So u cant tell me u are a gay and a christian at the same time. Once u are save, u dont go back 2 ur old lifestyle. D bible says wen u are a new creature, old tins are pass away, all tnz are new. Wen lot wife turn backd 2 her old self, pleasures of dis world, she was turnd 2 a pillar of salt. D fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.

And we are to believe that as u are so "saved", you dont ever go back to your old sins?
As Jesus said, let me see which of you is holy enough to cast the first stone!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by oluamid(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2013
The Writer: [size=19pt]
NO! Simple as that! The entirety of the Christian doctrine is designed to be anti-gay. I don't know about you, but if I were gay, I wouldn't go to a place that does not want me and whose members actively try to burn me at the stake.
:
@Hez you can try my church: The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Hail Macaroni!
[/size]

LOLZ! All Hail the Holy Pasta!

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2013
masonkz:

Actually he's a Catholic, and would rain abuses on anyone that goes against his Catholic beliefs.

Since when is CAMEROONPRIDE a Catholic? Did you use the link I provided at all? Some people seem to thinl it is their duty to jump on threats such as this amd misrepresent Christianity in the.hopes that some unsuspecting and naive person would assume that they were Christians.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by GRAILELEM: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Gay people are better christians than many straights i have interacted with.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l:
U know nothing about being gay bro.
at least even science proves you wrong.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Reptyle(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2013
You cannot choose to continue to be gay just like you cannot choose to continue in any other sin and call yourself a Christian. God causes his grace to abound for us in that while we were yet sinners, he showed us his love by sending his son Jesus the Christ to die for us. But like St Paul averred, we cannot choose to continue in sin just so that his grace will continue to abound.

Having freely received the gift of his salvation, God's Holy Spirit dwells in us both to will and to do according to his good purpose. (Phil 2 vs 12 - 13) if verse 12 urges us to "...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling..." why then do you reckon that you can remain in sin (in this case homosexualism) and call yourself a true Christian?

If you are still of the school of thought that believes that homosexualism is natural and acceptable to God then your struggle is pretty fundamental. in that case I will simply refer you to the same Romans 1 that has been repeatedly cited on this thread. But if your confusion is about whether you can be a true Christian while actively indulging your homosexual tendencies, the simple answer is NO.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

You dont choose to be gay or straight in that sense. You are born with either a male organ or a female organ. You dont choose that. A male organ does no fit into another male organ. That is not rocket science is it? A male organ fits into a female organ. If the world started with 2 males, you would not be here typing this post. That is why the bible calls it unnatural. Color and gender are natural phenomenon. Homosexuality is not. So when something is not natural, it is a choice. You dont choose to be "straight". You are born straight. I actually dont like the term straight because it is funny and deliberate coinage created to suggest there is another state, which is really not a state but a choice.

What makes a man a male is not his feelings but his physical nature.
i wish i could like this post more.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by ONUTOPSY(m): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2013
FOR THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP INTO VILE AFFECTIONS, FOR EVEN THEIR WOMEN DID CHANGE THE NATURAL USE INTO THAT WHICH IS AGAINST NATURE:AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN; BURNED IN THEIR LUST ONE TOWARD ANOTHER,MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY, AND RECEIVING IN THEM SELVES THAT RECOMPENCE OF THEIR ERROR WHICH WAS MEET. AND EVEN AS THEY DID NOT LIKE TO RETAIN GOD IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE,GOD GAVE THEM OVER TO A REPROBATE MIND, TO DO THOSE THINS WHICH ARE NOT CONVINIENT. romans1-28. IF YOU DIE IN YOUR SINS YOU WILL ROT IN HELL. FOR THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP INTO VILE AFFECTIONS, FOR EVEN THEIR WOMEN DID CHANGE THE NATURAL USE INTO THAT WHICH IS AGAINST NATURE:AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN; BURNED IN THEIR LUST ONE TOWARD ANOTHER,MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY, AND RECEIVING IN THEM SELVES THAT RECOMPENCE OF THEIR ERROR WHICH WAS MEET. AND EVEN AS THEY DID NOT LIKE TO RETAIN GOD IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE,GOD GAVE THEM OVER TO A REPROBATE MIND, TO DO THOSE THINS WHICH ARE NOT CONVINIENT. romans1-28. IF YOU DIE IN YOUR SINS YOU WILL ROT IN HELL. FOR THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP INTO VILE AFFECTIONS, FOR EVEN THEIR WOMEN DID CHANGE THE NATURAL USE INTO THAT WHICH IS AGAINST NATURE:AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN; BURNED IN THEIR LUST ONE TOWARD ANOTHER,MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY, AND RECEIVING IN THEM SELVES THAT RECOMPENCE OF THEIR ERROR WHICH WAS MEET. AND EVEN AS THEY DID NOT LIKE TO RETAIN GOD IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE,GOD GAVE THEM OVER TO A REPROBATE MIND, TO DO THOSE THINS WHICH ARE NOT CONVINIENT. romans1-28. IF YOU DIE IN YOUR SINS YOU WILL ROT IN HELL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.