Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows (4003 Views)

Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Natural Remedies For Treating Blocked Fallopian Tubes / Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows by Pink22(f): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Raspberry Mint Iced Tea

Take 5 raspberry tea bags, 1 mint tea bag and add them to 5 cups just boiled water. Try not to boil the teas for it tends to make them bitter andyou loose the wonderfully tasty and natural flavor. Steep for about ten minutes (you want the tea to be very strong) then discard the tea bags. If you like your teas sweet this is when you want to add your sugar. I will usually add half a cup of brown sugar to the hot tea. Brown sugar is healthier than white providing extra nutrients and minerals a long with a bolder flavor. Dissolve sugar by stirring with a wooden spoon. I recommend wooden utensils when cooking anything. Plastic can release their chemicals into your food through the heatingprocess and can cause all kinds of ailments. After your tea has dissolved the sugar add two cups of ice. While that melts get a large glass container, fill that with more ice then carefully and slowly pour your tea over the ice in the glass container. The glass will hold your tea's flavor without leeching any nasty elements into your healthy tea. Enjoy plain or with milk both are excellent. Make it more exciting by adding fresh Raspberries, a mint sprig and a lime twist.

Sweet Coriander Rice Milk

This remedy will help steady your flow. I like to make a large batch over the weekend,pour into empty water bottlesand chill to have enough available so I can take 3 bottles to work with me everyday of the week during my cycle. Be sure to shake well before drinking. Boil 6 cups of water and 6 cups of white sugar. Remove from heat and add fresh coriander (also known as cilantro), cover with a cloth and allow it to sit over night. Rinse 3 cups of white rice and place in a sealed container with water and place in the fridge over night along with the coriander water. The next day remove the coriander from the sweet water and discard. Blend the rice and the coriander water in a blender till a smooth even liquid resembling chunky milk is produced. Strain the rice through a non-paper coffee filter to get the best results. Coriander is an acquired taste so I suggest adding fresh mintto the sugar water with the coriander, removing both in the morning. Garnish with coriander flowers and a lemon wedge. Also good warm but do not recommend while period is heavy.

Herbal Pills

Yarrow-helps in reducing the flow of heavy periods.
Evening Primrose-this is another woman's herb. It has aided many ladies with beauty issues for centuries. I have often used this herb while treating myself for womanly ailments and may have enhanced the effects of other remedies.

Sesame Milk Bath

For added relaxation light some soy-based scented candles and turn off the lights.Be careful, 1 drop of water in melted wax is dangerous. Please exercise caution.
A soothing bath starts with hot water. Fill your tub with water as hot as you can comfortably stand. Add 1 cup of fresh or dried rose petals, 1cup of dried or fresh marigold blossoms, five tablespoons of dried milk and a handful of crushed sesame seeds. Add your favorite bubble bath and/or essential oils if you like. Steep yourself for 30 min to an hour and enjoy smiley
Re: Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows by kennybelle: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
undecided
All these just to stop heavy menstrual flow?
Re: Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows by Pink22(f): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
@Kennybelle if u experience heavy flows you'll know these are nothing compared to what u go thru
Re: Natural Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Flows by Pink22(f): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
(1)Banana flower is considered best to cure heavy bleeding.Take one banana flower cook and have this with a cup of fresh curd to increase the quantity of progesterone and decrease the bleeding.
(2)Coriander seeds help a lot to reduce your menstrual bleeding. Boil 20 grams of coriander seed in two cups (about 200 ml) of water. When the water is reduced to one quarter its original volume, allow it to cool before drinking.
(3)A mixture prepared by adding 10 ml of liquid extract of mango bark in 130 ml of water is very effective to treat heavy bleeding. Take one teaspoon of this preparation every hour. Juice of fresh mango bark is one of the best natural home remedy to cure heavy menstrual bleeding.
(4)Magnesium helps to reduce menstrual bleeding.Food rich in magnesium like sesame seeds, water melon seeds, oat, cocoa, pumpkin, squash must be includedin the diet to cure heavy menstrual bleedings.
(5)Herbal teas lіkе chamomile tea helps to cure thіѕ problem.
(6)Ginger(adrak) helps a lot to reduce heavy bleeding. An infusionprepared by pounding and boiling ginger in water for a few minutes provides relief and helps stop menstrual flow.The infusion can be sweetened with sugar or honeyto improve its taste. You can take this infusion after every meal.
(7)Mustard seeds also help a lot to reduce heavy bleeding. Take 40 grams of dried mustard seeds and grind to fine powder. Take 2 grams of mustard seed powder with milk twice a day before or during menstrual cycle to reduce excessive bleeding. This is an effective home remedy to cure heavy menstrual bleeding.
(coolTake half teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a cup of boiled water.Consumption of Cinnamon is one of the best home remedy to cure heavy bleeding. You can also drinkcinnamon tea to control heavy menstrual cycle.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Medical Association Response To JOHESU Advertorial On Yayaleahmed Report / het / HIV-Positive Woman Wants to Breastfeed Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.