Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,540 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria (7621 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Mfm Prayer On Deliverance Of The Mind Prayer Points / Do You Say Your Morning Prayer On Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2013
Friends, I greet you all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is our blessed redeemer,

If you are sensitive in the Spirit,there is a signal and call to pray for the church in Nigeria,

We are not of them that draw back but of them that persevere in prayers,i sense a spiritual dearth in the churches in Nigeria with strange fires and altars all over the place.False ministers and prophets masquerading as genuine men of God infiltrating the body of Christ.Hence God laid it as a burden in our hearts to intercede for the Church.

I am extending this to Christians here in nairaland also to join us and pray for the church.It is not as if people have not been praying, but you see,it is one thing to pray accurately and to pray amiss.

Our prayers when prayed according to God's purpose is like an incense collected in a golden censer, no wonder David the psalmist says 'Let my prayer be set forth before Thee as incense, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.'—Psalm 141:2.

Even Paul the Apostle understood the need for prayers hence an anthem for Christians is to pray without ceasing.I will be providing a prayer guide with which we can use to pray everyday for the whole month of September.

Please brethren should also feel free to contribute their prayer points as the Spirit leads them.You can also fast if you so wish.God bless you all.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 02, 2013
DAY 1 – Monday 2nd September, 2013

PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

A Prayer of Affirmation & Thanksgiving

Thank you Lord for enhancing my life; for enhancing my humanness! I say YES to my new identity. YES to my new status, rights and inheritances as I journey with my brethren into this New Era. My life is shaped by new principles because I have a new Constitution. God is my Father. Jesus is my brother. I share the same DNA with Christ! And because we finished an Era in God, I have faith that we will finish all His purposes! I declare that my faith is strong, that my life is core. I have the power of new partnership – the spirit of the sovereign Lord is upon me. My declaration is not initiated from the earth; it is powered from the heavens because this is God’s declaration over my life! I thank You Jesus. I thank You Holy Spirit. I thank You Father; and I say YES!

Let us thank God for:

His grace, favour, continuous downloads of spiritual resources and open heaven into our lives and the whole Body of Christ through our local assemblies. The Lord is indeed faithful, merciful, and gracious; slow to anger and abounding in goodness and truth!

We want to thank God in advance for the fulfillment and tangible manifestation of all the good things He has planned for us (the Body Of Christ) in this New Era. God has planned something better for us! So by faith we lay hold of these things in Jesus name. “For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”.

Let us link up with the Global Prayer Initiative (Jesus Dream) – calling for the true unity of the Body of Christ as Jesus prayed in John 17:20-26. Let us believe God to break down all walls of position created by religious devils, traditions and deception.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Gombs(m): 1:13am On Sep 02, 2013
Communion of the Spirit. Let's get to it, rather than whine and criticize and judge and complain, let's get on our knees

*Kabashing mode activated
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Gombs: Communion of the Spirit. Let's get to it, rather than whine and criticize and judge and complain, let's get on our knees

*Kabashing mode activated
You re blessed bro.. I am on that posture of prayer.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 03, 2013
DAY 2 – Tuesday 3rd September, 2013

PRAYER OF REPENTANCE ON BEHALF OF OURSELVES & THE BODY OF CHRIST IN NIGERIA

Psalm 24:3-5; II Chronicles 6:19-21; 7:14; I John 1:8-9

“Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart. Who has not lifted his soul to an idol. Nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation”. – Psalm 24:3-5

1.We come before the throne of grace with boldness because of the shed blood of Jesus Christ and we repent of all wrong doing (sinful lust, immorality in words, thoughts and deeds). We repent of every wrong heart positioning (un-forgiveness, bitterness, lying, stubbornness, fault finding, disobedience, pride, and anger), wrong mentalities (self-consciousness, ungodly imaginations, self-centredness, self-righteousness), we ask oh Lord to purge us from every vices of the flesh. We repent from allowing the flesh to dictate to us, define our life-style and ignoring the promptings of the Spirit.

2.We cast off every canal desire that is alien to your standard. We repent of all forms of compromise; in our relationships, work place, businesses and associates. We embrace the mind of Christ even as we destroy all canal mindedness.

3.We speak declare righteousness, purity, holiness, accuracy, over the atmosphere of our lives, we are not defined by the flesh, we are not who the flesh says we are, we are God’s sons and translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of his dear son.

4.We repent of all unfaithfulness and lack of diligence in stewarding God’s resources put at our disposal to mature us and to build others.

Let us pray that many will genuinely repent and come into the Knowledge of the truth.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 3 – Wednesday 4th, July, 2013

Psalm 143:2&3; Revelation 2 & 3

We want to open up our heart, life and ministry to the Lord in this new environment of opportunity in repentance on behalf of ourselves and the entire Body of Christ. The Lord is our maker and Father, He is the head of the church, He knows us, our inner constructs and our frailties; He is the One we can run to in this day where His Spirit is calling on us His church to return back home to Him.

Let us pray and repent of:

1.Compromise, Immorality, Superficial Christianity, Luke warmness, etc.; Denominationalism/Divisions/Disunity; Abandonment of the Great Commission;

2.Exclusion of the Holy Spirit from Church activities (all the 5 offices, spiritual gifts and ministries not fully operational);

3.Focus on materialism - Greed and Avarice; Financial recklessness; Competitions among Pastors and Ministers; Building according to man's pattern (repent of the origin of the Church's falling away from God's pattern);

4.Acceptance of poverty as an attribute of holiness/good Christianity;

Let us pray that many will genuinely repent and come into the Knowledge of the truth.

1 Like

Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 4

PRAYER OF REPENTANCE ON BEHALF OF THE CHURCH & CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA

Psalm 110:3; 1 Corinthians 2:11-16, 3:1-3; Mark 13:37; Luke 11:2;

We want to continue to call on God for mercy and for help on behalf of our brothers in the Body of Christ. We want God to look down from heaven and see our hopelessness and helpless situations in the Church if He does not intervene; we want God to turn to us in His compassion and loving-kindness; we want God to give ears to our cries and restore His Church back to Himself in this day and great season inside of His Will and Plans for the earth.

Let us pray and repent of:

1.Wrong Doctrines; Character flaws, Paucity of the Word; Lack of Power in the Church (because of lack of faith and consecration);

2.The Church not willing on the day of the Lord's Power/Battle;

3.Lack of hunger for Wisdom of God, revelation, understanding, knowledge, insight, discernment, hearing from God; Carnality among Christian leaders; Not watching for His return nor calling for His kingdom to come

4.The Confusion between judging and correction - the Church judges more the righteous who corrects than rebukes the rebellious; The Church's neglect of pointing the right way to the youth; Allowing evil spirits to operate in the Church
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 5

PRAYER OF REPENTANCE ON BEHALF OF THE CHURCH & CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA

“…..If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land….” – 2Chronicles 7:12-16

1.Doctrinal error and deliberate departure from truth

2.Worldliness, ‘balaamism’ or making merchandise out of the anointing (Selling of special anointing oils, handkerchiefs and charging of fees for prayers and deliverance)

3.Blindness or ignorance of the prophetic scriptures

4.Selfish ambition especially on the part of leadership

5.Idolatry in the name of Church tradition

6.Divisions and strife among brethren

7.Misappropriation of the Lord’s resources

8.Demonic oppression
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 6

PRAYER FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST

Hosea 11:3-4; Jeremiah 31:12; – John 21:15-17; 1 Corinthians 13

1.Let us make strong utterances for the deliverance of the saints imprisoned by false religious systems, in houses of bondage and spiritually ‘waterless places’ that there will be a massive exodus of these people that they may come into the truth and the light of God’s word.

2.Pray that God will truly make us sanctuary, a place of rest, a place of counsel and renewal for those who will temporarily terminate their trust, a place of fellowship for those who are alone, and a place of acceptance for those fleeing places of ignorance.

3.We want to pray that God will give us understanding and revelational knowledge of His divine love for the whole Body of Christ in this new era as we desire to share the abundance on what we have received from God with the whole Body of Christ.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 7

PRAYER FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST

Rev. 21:27; Rev. 18:1-2; Ps. 118: 19-21.

1.We want to pray for an aggressive and forceful shaking of the spiritual foundations of the Babylon system so that it holds on the hearts of our brothers be released, and they can come out to express themselves in the kingdom of God. We trust God for the capacity, synchronicity, oneness, agreement, power, swiftness, speed and efficiency with heaven to shake the systems and to cause the productivity of the Lord to come forth out of the system.

2.We wage war against every shroud of ignorance and darkness that has prevented the body of Christ from coming into the fullness of life in Christ.

3.We want to pray and trust God for strategies and structures designed to suit the unique conditions of West Africa and a release of massive dimensions of God’s wisdom in our region to cause the frequency of our proclamation to come to the ear of those who are imprisoned in the Babylon system and false religious order.
Re: Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
DAY 8

PRAYER FOR OUR CORPORATE KINGDOM ADVANCE & INITIATIVES

Psalm 84:5-7; Ephesians 1:15-18; 1 Corinthians 13: 4- 8.

Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the LORD‘S house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it. Many people shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His Ways, And we shall walk in His paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. – Isaiah 2:2

1.We want pray for all saints of Congress WBN across West Africa for accurate heart alignment to engage the body of Christ in this season of environment of opportunity through a heart of love, compassion, tolerance, patience and intercession.

2.Let us also pray a pure and steadfast heart in this new era to partner with God in executing His purposes in the earth.

3.We want to pray and believe God that we will become a portal created on earth through which the unfettered dominion of God and the final determined purposes of the Kingdom of God will flow to the fallen systems of Babylon. (Lagos, Nigeria & West Africa)

4.We want to pray for the Congress, the Body of Christ that God will use us to end the resistance, break the power of the enemy to detain, to impede, to disrupt, or to slow down the purposes of God coming to the earth; we command the purposes of God to come into the earth, we lose and release the hand of God into the nations of the earth in Jesus name. And to cause the princes of darkness remain in their stronghold; having no power to resist God’s immediate and swift command of divine response into the earth anymore. – Jer. 51:30

(1) (Reply)

Inside The Healing School Of Christ Embassy / Why Do People's Mouth Smell During Fasting / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.