Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. (2158 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / Laptop Keyboard Not Responding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hello I don’t know how to describe this, but let me start by saying this. at times when I turn on my laptop is either one or two keys are not working. After sometime it will start to work and maybe other keys we start the problem. This problem has been shifting from keys to keys, someone said it might be a virus which I do not agree with, so we reformat the laptop after reformatting it didn’t work still.

So I then believe 100% it is keyboard fault. So I had to replace the keyboard. Although it works fine, as I earlier believe the problem has solve. But not until 3days later this same problem started again. Please what could this be the possible cause of this problem, guru in the house please help?
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Perhaps someone is spilling some liquid on your keyboard? (spit, food, etc). Which keys are not working at the moment?
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
It could be over heating. Like maybe your laptop has been running for too long and something spoilt (happened to one of mine)
Or no use at all. Cus i remember one time I didnt use mine for almost a month and half of the keyboard bit the dust.

Seun is probably right. Spilling Liquids are the major cause of faulty keyboards. I suggest you go to who sold it to you or take it for repairs to a trusted fellow.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
Seun: Perhaps someone is spilling some liquid on your keyboard? (spit, food, etc). Which keys are not working at the moment?
it shift from one key to the other.

morning 4
afternoon 5
evening c
the next day back
later b & a

so on so forth and it never ends. i am just too tired men. what can i do?
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby: It could be over heating. Like maybe your laptop has been running for too long and something spoilt (happened to one of mine)
Or no use at all. Cus i remember one time I didnt use mine for almost a month and half of the keyboard bit the dust.

Seun is probably right. Spilling Liquids are the major cause of faulty keyboards. I suggest you go to who sold it to you or take it for repairs to a trusted fellow.
ok bro, its not dust. its brand new keyboard that is running. i am suspecting the keyboard connector or the board.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
Joel.:
ok bro, its not dust. its brand new keyboard that is running. i am suspecting the keyboard connector or the board.

Hmmm...then you need to take it for repairs.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Its simple the point of contact on the board needs cleaning. I mean the slot you connect the keyboard flex to is either faulty or dirty. Since you changed keyboard and this has not fixed it then the problem is from there.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 12:07am On Sep 03, 2013
um. i just waste the previous keyboard and probably money. although this one conditions is better than previous keyboard. at least this one is more stable most time.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
i have got dis same problem on my keyboard nw...

altho mine started after i kept my laptop unused for a month...

keys affected are

CAPSLOCK

BACKSPACE

BACK ARROW

dis afternoon backspace, capslock started workin , but back arrow isnt.....

mayb tonyt , anoda one would join in d mess...

im thinkin dis has to do with DIRT.. dunno
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Ajibel(m): 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
I had a similar problem. Mine was that a key was hard to press and when i finally push it, it enters and hang in and so repeats what i have typed continously. This shifted from a key to another buh it has stopped and unfortunately i dunno what caused it sad
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
hello, this morning the c p 4 and 5 keys were n't working. and i was very angry because it was working last night before i sleep. so out of anger i just lose the scrolls and open my laptop, lose out the ram and hard disk. then bring out the laptop panel board. turn liquid metholeted spirit into the keyboard connecter socket in the board and blows it with air from my mouth. leave it in the sun for few minutes. then couple it back. its working perfectly now. but let wait and see if it will start that same problem again. i hope it won't disappoint again i just pray.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joel.:
hello, this morning the c p 4 and 5 keys were n't working. and i was very angry because it was working last night before i sleep. so out of anger i just lose the scrolls and open my laptop, lose out the ram and hard disk. then bring out the laptop panel board. turn liquid metholeted spirit to into the keyboard connecter socket in the board and blows it with air from my mounth. leave it in the sun for few minutes. then couple it back. its working now. but let wait and see if it will start that problem again. i hope it won't disappoint again i just pray.

Guy you get mind o... grin grin grin

Its caused mostly by dusts..
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
i think the problem is solved, because it's working fine and smoothly, like never before. maybe other people all over the world will find this post useful, but anyway let me wait for a week atleast to confirmed this. enjoying.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Seun(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joel.:
hello, this morning the c p 4 and 5 keys were n't working. and i was very angry because it was working last night before i sleep. so out of anger i just lose the scrolls and open my laptop, lose out the ram and hard disk. then bring out the laptop panel board. turn liquid metholeted spirit into the keyboard connecter socket in the board and blows it with air from my mouth. leave it in the sun for few minutes. then couple it back. its working perfectly now. but let wait and see if it will start that same problem again. i hope it won't disappoint again i just pray.
Congrats! Basically, onegig was right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mine isn't working.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Seun: Congrats! Basically, onegig was right.

Yeah i was right..

And you didn't need to edit my post..

Ain't you proud of it ?
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Mine isn't working.
who is this.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
at topic, keyboard update. its working perfectly at it best. blazing like charms. infact i will start the repairs of laptops keyboard. bring all keyboard issues to me. i will repair them for a token. opening my laptop makes me to understand the functions of all parts inside laptop and how they works. because bringing out completely the mother board was not a child play. maybe because i am good at repairs of all kind of electronics mostly phones so i am familiar with panels and fusing socket. sensitive parts and all that.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joel.:
at topic, keyboard update. its working perfectly at it best. blazing like charms. infact i will start the repairs of laptops keyboard. bring all keyboard issues to me. i will repair them for a token. opening my laptop makes me to understand the functions of all parts inside laptop and how they works. because bringing out completely the mother board was not a child play. maybe because i am good at repairs of all kind of electronics mostly phones so i am familiar with panels and fusing socket. sensitive parts and all that.
no wahala just continue. I won't tell you to stop . Just pray you don't go and chook or pass electro static current on top your motherboard due to improper handling.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
onegig: no wahala just continue. I won't tell you to stop . Just pray you don't go and chook or pass electro static current on top your motherboard due to improper handling.
dont worry i am not a learner, i can change every parts of it. screen keyboard, hard disk, ram you name it. guy nothing they inside i dey tell you. as you dey open am make sure you remember everything as you take loose am. i am good at electronics matter that's why i get the mind to open am.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joel.:
dont worry i am not a learner, i can change every parts of it. screen keyboard, hard disk, ram you name it. guy nothing they inside i dey tell you. as you dey open am make sure you remember everything as you take loose am. i am good at electronics matter that's why i get the mind to open am.
am a big fan of do it yourself. . You should know that post up there was laced with scarcsm
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by onegig(m): 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joel.:
am a big fan of do it yourself. . You should know that post up there was laced with sarcasm
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
hey guys in the house, now i can categorically say that the keyboard is 100% confirmed working. since then no any problem or such from the keyboard, working perfectly and has not failed me again. can you image most engineer cannot even trace this problem earlier? they all say reformatting and all that. how i wish i knew of this before changing the keyboard. now this thread should be closed. problem solved.
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by samwash(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2013
Hello guru's in d house. I hv a similar problem wit my laptop keyboard,bt in my case d keys are perfectly working but whenever i switch on my laptop,i hear an alarm sound 4rm d laptop.Sum1 told me dat my keyboard is fauty,could dis b true? House!! wots d solution to this problem?
Re: Laptop Keyboard Issue, What Is The Way Out? problem solved. by Joel3(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
samwash: Hello guru's in d house. I hv a similar problem wit my laptop keyboard,bt in my case d keys are perfectly working but whenever i switch on my laptop,i hear an alarm sound 4rm d laptop.Sum1 told me dat my keyboard is fauty,could dis b true? House!! wots d solution to this problem?
yes, sure its keyboard that make such sound, to confirm that, remove your keyboard and switch on.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Releases Windows 8.1 Update (3.63GB To Address Operating System Lapses / Download Mymtn App And Stand A Chance To Enjoy Awoof 500MB Data Bonus / Notepad Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.