Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) (34779 Views)

..............how I Wished I Never Accepted Him.......complete story / Xeniaonatopp's The Woman He Wish He Never Met. / Untitled Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by slimfit2(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
can I join dis plane?..even if u say no I might. b d new stowaway..
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Another story nt yet completed. Mtchew. Abeg e let me go back to my Harlequin novel.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
Swth@,u promised me to update almost everyday buh d last time u did was tuesday n....sad

Dnt wana pressure u buh pls try smaaalllwink

Tanx dear
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by BukkyDan(f): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wow...Op you're too good. I thought I was watching a movie till 'NEPA took the light'. Please continue o...just too good.
#Just love that name Williams#
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by emmadiva(f): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
nice story..luv it
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Candis009: Swth@,u promised me to update almost everyday buh d last time u did was tuesday n....sad

Dnt wana pressure u buh pls try smaaalllwink

Tanx dear

@Candis009 my sugs, pls don’t be upset with me. Last week was craaaazyyyyyyyyy!!! I still have spill overs from last week in this week and tight scheduling etc, so please forgive me. Pls babes so it doesn’t look like I am a promise and failer, I didn’t say I would post every day of the week but as frequently as I can and I won’t be able to post at all this week again. No vex for me O my darling I will always try my best for somebody like you. Loads of hugs and kisses for the no pressure.

tijehi: XO u know u're my besty right now. You're good with words and ur story line is perfecto.
@tijehi awww so does this mean we can have besties rings and besties chocolate fest, for whatsoever short period our bestieship will reign? Am glad u enjoying the story babes. Hugs.

Wesslier: I've been missin d hell out... Ur work a splitin up lyk d normal Nairaland way. I just saw dis post... Wow "you dey ryt!"
@Wesslier…hehehehe how you love? Glad you like it, tears in my eyes really, thanks for the applauding, you a fabulous diamond.

TEA esq™:
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Am glued!!!
Good job.
@Teaesq, yipeee, thanks for the encouragement dear, glad u likey.

slimfit_1: can I join dis plane?..even if u say no I might. b d new stowaway..
@slimfit_1. What you mean stowaway? See empty seats, popcorn, relaxation stand and massage corner etc. Please accept a gold VIP card. Glad you following the story.

Sophiatabitha: Another story nt yet completed. Mtchew. Abeg e let me go back to my Harlequin novel.
@Sophiatabitha. Lol I can’t believe I am saying this, but I pray I disappoint you and your prediction tongue. or am I being paranoid. No prediction there right?

BukkyDan: Wow...Op you're too good. I thought I was watching a movie till 'NEPA took the light'. Please continue o...just too good.
#Just love that name Williams#
@BukkyDan. OMG I am glad you like it, it’s the author BukkyDan herself (screaming, star struck), thank you for dropping a comment means a lot to me. Hehehe at the Williams name, they will probably colonize the world one day. They have too much money. I am sneaking off after now to read your Williams story.

emmadiva: nice story..luv it
@emmadiva. Happy you reading and you love it. Love you for loving it.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yinka Wednesday 28th November 2012.

Sesan had asked her to go to see Zandra, but she was scared lest it got reported to Samson. Sesan had then told her to inform Samson that she wanted to see her old friend and converse with her. She had told Samson, and he had huffed and puffed, then he let out the most predictable thing ever. Zandra had told him not to go on with the wedding. The dozy moo!

She didn't even want to see her, what would she say to Zandra? She guessed marrying your flat-mate’s husband is a bit compromising, but she was not going to apologize for it, she got Samson fair and square not like she stole him, how could you even steal a fully grown man? Zandra had left and she saw her chance and took it. Who would leave one of the most sought after men and expect to find him intact? Who? Zandra obviously, she always felt she could keep her men on a leash, but that was so wrong of her. Even her precious Sesan left for another woman and she had tasted him a couple of times so what was so bloody special about her? How could the cheeky cow mention to Samson not to marry her

Yinka could feel the walls cracking and giving way she could almost smell the dust, they felt like the walls of Jerichos, she couldn’t let the last Halleluyah be shouted for everything to crumble to the floor. Since Samson heard the news of Zandra’s return he had been distracted, she had tried to put his focus back on her , but he was still distracted. He only spent a night with her and she knew something was wrong no matter how he tried to feign that everything was alright. He made love to her like he was with someone else. He was wilder, fiercer and sometimes softer; she knew that Zandra's shadow was lurking in the distance. She needed to get rid of it.

"You are troubled about the issue, that’s why you are here right?” It was Sesan speaking, he had just come down the spiral stairs holding a laptop in his hand. He had to do some work for his father-in- law, he had earlier informed her. He opted not to travel for a meeting because he wanted to be around for the Zandra drama he had told her. Things would go out of control if he left the country at this point, so he was working around the clock to make up for that, besides he had Marilyn to cater to. He also had a tele-conference in forty five minutes and he was setting up for that, he continued.

"See I have told you, I have the keys to that girl. Nothing will happen trust me okay."
"But I am worried, Samson has started behaving in a certain way, you know it took us four years to wean him off her absent tits and here she is again."

"Look, I control Zandra, and she's going to do what I want her to do, there's nothing to worry about." "Like how you controlled her and she ran away?"
"I didn’t expect you not to ignore that…then he was the man with enough rain to wash her sins away and I always reminded her of it. You notice she ran away instead of betraying me. She was confused, she didn't know who to choose, so she just had to leave, do you know what festers love Yinka?"
“You tell me since you seem to be an expert on it." Sesan didn’t act like he got the hint of sarcasm in her voice.
"Unity! That’s the word. See, she was one with Samson before now and they were in sync. She left without any explanation and from what I sense she wouldn't be giving any because I am involved."
"I don't get it."
"She could spill everything to Samson the moment she saw me but she didn't, she held back. I feel she still feels indebted to me and she damn well better be. Without me she would never be out of her wretchedness.......humans are just not predictable, you never know when they turn against you after you invest in them."
"Sesan, I don't feel I need to talk to her"
"Why is that?"
“What will I say ?.... I can’t just go and say hi, hello welcome back. I know I need to learn how she does it with him, how she got his total attention. He never gives me that but I can't possibly ask her to teach me. I mean its Samson for Christ’s sake. She even told him to break it off with me. So how on earth would she teach it to me?" Sesan was silent, he bent his head in an awkward angle deep in thought, whenever he bent his head like that, he often brought out the wildest ideas. It was in a mood like this he taught her exactly what to do, to get Samson. He raised his head and gave out his idea.
"Are you close to the doctor? Can you lead him to falsify the DNA result?"
"Sesan, he is their family Doctor and an old pious catholic prick, there's no way he could agree to that and frankly if the child does belong to Samson, he should take care of it, I don't want anybody's blood on my hands."
"You are right and I believe Samson might just be using the kid as an excuse to keep Zandra around."
"What do you mean?"
"Do you know if he lied to you, you said he changed, do you know if when he went to see her, he slept with her? You don't know your position in the Williams household is threatened and you are here talking about the blood of an irrelevant child you do not know. She is his legal wife, you are the second wife he just did a traditional wedding with you. Do you think Pa Williams will let his family name be dragged in the mud? If the story of the son holds, he might roll the dice in favour of Zandra and you are here telling me about your nonsensical fears, you will be swept aside and they will tell the tabloids a fantastic story that will have you booted off and Zandra back in ."
Yinka's heart was beating fast, she had not thought about it that way, she had felt that since Samson promised her, she didn't know what to think anymore. Everything was going down the drain; she played with the engagement ring on her hand. It was missing a wedding band, the longer the wait the more distant it looked, but if she finds a way to falsify the DNA, Samson would not pay for the boy’s treatment and the boy might die but Zandra would go away. What if she doesn't go away? This boy drama could even be a lie.
"What if Zandra doesn't go away?”
"Leave Zandra to me, I will deal with her."

She was reluctant to admit it but that was the best thing to do. She would regret it now but down the line, it would be for the better. Zandra was a thorn and she had to be removed by any means necessary. It just had to happen. If the boy died in the process, she didn't want to think about that but it had to happen.
"So will you get that done?" Sesan was saying, she didn't realize she had gone mute for a while.
"Yes, I'll find a way"
"Good, you need to go now. I have a teleconference and my wife will be home soon. You know she doesn't like seeing you here. I don't know what you bought from her and didn’t pay for?"
She knew it was time to go; Marilyn always acted like a stiff necked principal about to punish her wards, whenever she sees her. She picked her bag and said her goodbye, she had a task to accomplish tomorrow, it was too late to do anything now.

It was around 9:15 pm in the night and she was soaking her feet, the sight of the surfacing cuticles were beginning to irk her. She was upset, she had earlier asked Samson if he would sleep over at her place or she should go to him but he had refused, he was busy he said, he needed to think. Since when did he need to think away from her? She had to move fast with this thing. She just had to. She had begun to think about what lab attendants would be handling the tests.

When Samson came back she had wanted to see the boy, yes, out of curiosity most especially because Sesan had told her that the boy looked exactly like Samson's grandfather. That had churned her stomach, the child could really be Samson's and if she knew anything about Samson it was that he adored his grandfather. It didn't matter now because the results would not be favorable to Zandra and she would have Samson back.

She remembered the first time she saw Samson in her lounge, he looked dashing in his suit though he looked a bit tired yet he was still impeccable with his effortless sense of self, crossing his legs and lying back on that cream sofa. She had thrown that sofa out now, the house was remodeled. She had thought he was there for one of Zandra's special offers, but to think of it, it was strange because Zandra never brought her clients home to sleep over and if she did, it was in the afternoon when she was never around. It was just strange she would find Samson Williams on her couch, she had been a little disappointed though, for some reason she had believed that he wouldn't need the special services of a professional and he could have any one he wanted. She had been right , because she later found out that Zandra had stolen from him and he had come to claim his belongings, but Zandra had her teeth deep in him since then and there was no way she could hope for him, so she hated him for a while.

Yinka just didn't understand it, Zandra had gone out with his friend that night and he still considered her. Men are just sometimes difficult to understand. She was a hardworking, down to earth girl and the man of any girl's dreams would fall for an illiterate scum who eats with the sacred hole God provided her. She hated every minute of the growing love relationship, she tried but Samson wouldn't notice her. She even let out a hint of the long list of politicians, actors and random men who paid their money to have a piece of Zandra but he had chuckled and said, “she is reformed, we just have to get her off Sean John.”

Sean John was Sesan, it was the English name he christened himself after the designer label. From the story she heard from Zandra, they had needed to reinvent themselves to fit the Abuja crowd and Sesan had felt his name was not good enough because it betrayed his Yoruba background, he needed to have a name that you would remember and stick, so removing the middle S from his name did the trick, he could be called Sean and his last name would be John, just so he could call himself Sean John. It was good for a while but he reverted back to his name when he joined Marilyn's father's firm. He got that because Zandra slept with someone who knew how to get in. The name Sean John still had stuck, because he handled her clients, he was her manager, set the rates and you only got Zandra through him but as he gradually got busy with work he was a bit relaxed with her management. Yinka had felt it was a twisted relationship, he was her lover but all the money they got, that sent him to the university and took care of them came from Zandra's affairs. Even when he started his work, he still claimed shares off it. He was building a house, he needed to move out of the apartment to another apartment somewhere closer to work, he always needed some money and Zandra always gave it.

When Sesan moved out from the apartment into a new one, Zandra had said she needed a flat mate because she felt lonely. It was by providence or what do people call it? That she met her that tortuous night. Yinka had, had her purse stolen, her heels were broken and she was in a neighborhood she didn't know. Zandra had pulled up to her, gotten down from her car asking her what happened because she looked dazed and confused. She had just kept muttering “my purse” “my money” “my life.” Zandra had tried to calm her down, she invited her into her car and the rest they say is history. She never left Zandra since then, who could blame her, she was new to Abuja, stayed in one of the slummy areas in Gwagwalada, there was a lady who offered to refund her stolen money, have her move in with her, and she would pay rent only when she could afford it. God had answered her prayers for help by sending her Zandra.

Zandra was a wonderful person but she was just too unwise. She had the love of Samson who could do anything for her yet she was tied to Sesan. She could not fathom it, she gave an arm and a leg for Samson to notice that she was available yet Zandra walked around him. She tried her best at first to let Zandra know Sesan was only using her but nah she wouldn't listen, he was her tarnished saint and no matter what he did he was right.

There was nothing wrong in what she did, Zandra left and she took her place. The sly fox Sesan had immediately become friends with Samson, only God knows what he wants from that relationship using Marilyn's father’s bank as a cover for business. She didn't need to rat him out, he was useful in getting them together. She had slept with Sesan a couple of times but since the engagement she didn't think it was necessary she was to be betrothed, an illicit affair wasn't something to be proud of and they had agreed on that. Now the whole thing was falling apart and in shambles. Her dream to be a Williams was gradually dwindling. She just needed to get an attendant in whatsoever lab to falsify that result if the DNA matched, and tomorrow she would find one.

A knock could be heard on the door, the soft rasp told her it was Amarachi, good timing, it was time for her to have her feet scrubbed.

"Come in"
"Madam some people dey for door, dem say dem want talk to you ma."
"Jesus Christ at this time of the night? Tell who so ever it is to please come back tomorrow."
"Dem say, that you go say that. The woman, come say make I tell you say her name na Zandra."

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
It was as if the blood in her body dried up, it had to be a lie, Zandra was in a hotel and she couldn't get out. This was a prank by Sesan, he is known for his cruel pranks.
"How does she look like?"
"She dey tall like sugarcane , dark like this. She come with one man. The man, very big, he get muscle." Zandra was slender and tall and the other man she described sounded like one of the guard Samson's father had given him after a previous kidnapping attempt. Whoever it was, they had her attention.
"Let them in, I’ll be there just now."

"Yes ma." Amarachi replied, whilst exiting the room. She didn't care about her feet any more. Yinka removed her legs from the water and quickly put on an overall, then fished for a pair of flip flops. What was going on?

It is Zandra. It is Zandra the voice in her head kept re-echoing when she saw those long legs, that accompanied the body seated on her sofa. Zandra was wearing a purple skirt suit and her hair was packed in a ponytail. There was this huge guard behind her, he was standing at ease, with his hands behind him and Zandra was reading out the contents of a soft sell magazine out to an unknown entity.

"....there were flowers, there were people, there was money smelling in the air. The bride arrived in a white limousine and this reporter was able to get a few shots of the glamour. Rumour has it that Miss Lawal did not buy her cloth but flew to Italy to have her design brought to life, by a bespoke tailor whose name was hush hush.....oh hello Yinka." Zandra stopped reading, when she noticed her.
"You look surprised; I am out of my confinement. Between you and I, officially I am meant to be in that hotel, but I asked a favor from my new found friend here, he is terrible at tic tac toe. I beat him four times and here I am." she said pointing to the guard, she continued.
"So if you don't mind, he would frisk you to see if you have your mobile turned on to record this conversation or anything, as you might not know I want this to be a secret visit." The guard moved forward to search her body, this was insane, she had her tongue she could talk.
"My maid has seen you."
“You and I know your maid is a liar, don't we? You slept early today, besides you'll warn her not to tell anybody, even if she only speaks the truth."

The Guard gave Zandra the clear. Yinka had never thought about recording their conversation, she wonders where the distrust could be coming from, but she knew she was too frightened to seat down in her own house.

"Your ring is lovely; I sold mine because my son was ill, both the engagement and the wedding ring. Sold it at a clearly useless price, it didn't matter its worth any more when his life depended on it....Yellow, please seat down you are making this uncomfortable for both of us."

She always teased her about the color of her skin, she would call her yellow paw paw, she almost missed her for a minute, she did miss her but things had gone too far as it were. She didn't want to back down. Yinka sat down on a couch adjacent to her guests, clutching her robe while protecting herself from a nonexistent cold.
“Look , I am not here to fight for Samson....."
"Yes but Samson let me know how keen you were for him to marry me." Yinka cut in mockingly, she wasn't going to take any bullshitting or bullying. Zandra left and she mended the pieces.
"Oh he told you that? Maybe he does care for you truly then, time will tell but that's not my cup of tea. My son's health is important to me."
"Yes what about his health?"
"If I get my calculations right, you would be very good friends with Sesan by now. I saw him playing with his phone the other day and I could only assume he was informing you of my presence. Him on his phone while I was talking would only mean that he was texting you or someone to relay the message to you."
"Yes he sent a text, so what?"
"It means you two plan things and the way I see it, my presence is a problem. The child is a problem and I am a wild card." there was silence.
"The only thing that could discredit me is that DNA result and I know it could be changed." there was further silence.
"Look at me Yinka, I am finished. I have nothing to live for but that boy, that is why I am coming to you as an old friend. The DNA tests cannot be tampered with, it is the only thing that can prove my innocence."

"What makes you believe I'd want to do that?" Yinka asked with ease; Zandra was not somebody to be scared of. She came to beg, she rested her back on the couch with relief. She wasn't here to threaten her.

" If I know Sesan well, he must have suggested it to you."
"So say he is Samson's, he goes for whatever treatment he needs, what is in it for me? You will still come back here and disrupt things, won't you?"

"That your custom made wedding gown, suits you, you know. The photographers took lovely pictures of you, the glamorous lifestyle suits you. But you are scared because you know I can make things happen with my husband....you look shocked when I called him my husband? Well he is still my husband. Wait, has he made love to you so hard you fell off the bed before? Has he texted you to come meet him in the middle of a boring board meeting, so you can have a quick one in his private elevator? I did that to him and only I can do it best, but now you are scared. You have no bargaining chips here Yinka. My son has to live. If that DNA result is tampered with, I will raise so much dust that who so ever was paid to do such a job would lose his or her job and the person who influenced such an individual will go down . I am still that crazy manipulative babe Yinka, and I will set myself loose if I sense any foul play."
"You can't come into my house and talk down to me. I didn't tell you to go away and leave Samson, you did that. If you like be the best lay in the world, he has chosen me."
"So, you preach to me for years about Sesan and you collude with him later? Funny you should talk about the apartment, I brought you into this place....love what you have done with it by the way, and when I was leaving I had Samson buy the entire building with his name, so you could stay. Years later you are here telling me your house! "
"What do you want from me? I am sorry okay....you left, we fell in love. I can't apologize for that, it happened." Yinka was distraught, no matter how she tried to harden her heart; Zandra’s words hit her terribly. Did she make a mistake getting into this?
"I'll sign the papers when my boy is treated. You'll be free to enjoy whatever life you want and you'll never hear from me again" that sounded like a good deal, she would leave but was it that simple?
"I'll make sure, your boy get what he needs."
"Thank you, I knew I could count on an old friend, I should hug you but there are too many emotions running through me.” Zandra said smiling, she was getting up, to leave, The Guard moved from his position to help her up and opened a sliding door for her, Yinka felt she should talk.

“Zandra, wait!” Yinka got up from her seat, throwing her hands in the hair and dropping them down as if she was plucking the words she wanted to speak from the air. Zandra paused.

“I am sorry, I truly am. I wish things didn’t turn out the way it did. We were good friends, best of friends. I just wish things.....things were not so confusing. I love him Zandra, I really do and you had gone. I just, I just......it just happened...I wish we could still be friends, like how we were. I could help with anything.” She didn’t know the right words to say, no matter how she put it, they were sounding terrible to her. Zandra looked at her with a blank expression on her face; she couldn’t read what was going in her mind. That expression looked so close to what Samson does, the more she looked at her the more fear gripped her.

“Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s property. I read that in the bible you always preached to me back then you know...I read it now by the way. So when I left did you think I’d never come back? Did you pray for that? Did you look for me or just accept it? Did you ask to find out what happened to me? Or you just had a back rub from Sesan and the thought of me disappeared from your mind.”
“Sesan and I were never.....” Zandra didn’t let her finish her words.

” Oh shut it Yinka, I am not a slowpoke and I was not born yesterday. I knew about those little sneaks into your room way back then, so that’s not even remotely contestable. I didn’t care because I slept with other people also , not that it didn’t hurt but Sesan said I had to feel the pain to remind me of what I felt for him . I believed you were my friend, that was my mistake. Oh, when you talk to Sesan because I know you will, tell him if he ever touches me again, he had better kill me, but that will be a little bit impossible because as you can see I have made friends with a certain military trained personnel who was kind enough to come here with me. Good night Yinka.” Zandra left as noiselessly as possible.

What just happened? What on earth just happened? Why was this happening to her at this moment? She was meant to be at her honeymoon. Did she just bite more than she could chew? Oh the cheek of Zandra, was it her duty to look for her? A fully grown woman who has got everything she needed decides to run away, whose business was it to look for her? Even Samson did not stress himself to do such a meaningless thing, he knew she was unstable and she knew she was unstable. So what kind of blackmail to make her feel guilty was that? Yinka sank back into the chair, she called on to Amarachi to go to bolt the door. She also warned about the consequences of telling anyone she had a tall visitor and a man, instant termination followed any revelation. Yinka was thankful, her other girls were on leave.

The years away had definitely taken its toll on Zandra, she was at least a dress size smaller, but she still had that mystery surrounding her and what was that she said about Sesan touching her? She had to go to see Sesan. She looked at the time it was a couple of minutes to eleven. She contemplated driving down to his house, but it was too late and Marilyn would let loose the hounds of hell. She dialed his number but it was not reachable. She just had to wait; she sure was not getting any sleep tonight.

Sesan, Thursday 29th November 2012

What was that mongrel up to? He felt like slipping something into her drink or food but that had too many repercussions. Besides it was Zandra she was meant to be his sweet harmless sweetheart. He didn't want her to die they had gone through too much for her to die through him, but she was fast becoming a nuisance. A big one, he couldn't wait for her to get out of that wretched hotel room, so he could have time with her. He had felt if he made love to her, she would remember it was them. Both of them against the world, Sango and Oya. Until she resisted and there was no way he couldn't have his way. He owned her, he made her. Maybe time had changed her but she had to remember.

Where did she get that boldness from? Going to visit with The Guard, maybe she slept with that one, but the way he saw those men they do not even let you talk, they never smile so how? Something had definitely changed in Zandra, she probably did not love him anymore, but he didn't believe that, the spell between them could not easily be broken. To him she was still that fragile thirteen years old, who did not know what to do with her life and he helped her to mold it. From all indications Zandra was still in a fix and he was still going to be that messiah.

Yinka had sent him numerous text messages and they swarmed his phone this morning. Zandra had visited with a hulk looking guy. She was scared, she was afraid, she was pissed. He had told her to calm down, he would sort it out, but she was not to go on with the tampering. He briefly considered if Yinka was lying to him but that could not be the case, Yinka wasn't too creative, she couldn't dream up an elaborate lie like that. It had to be true, it just meant one thing, Zandra was smarter. It made sense, the resistance to him , and now the meeting with Yinka. He temporarily toyed with the idea that she might have an unseen puppet master. Someone who wants to bring down the Williams Empire who dug her up and is teaching her to create chaos but this could not be true, Zandra would have come to him first if that was the case, but he wasn’t sure he knew her anymore. He had to be sharp in his thinking, he has to quickly remind her that they were on the same side and she was meant to stay there and they would be wealthy way beyond their dreams.

"Some water sir?" A still voice asked him, it was Samson's secretary; she had popped he head in through the sliding door he shook his head indicating he didn't want any, he smiled and raised his hand to stop her when he realized she was about to go through a list of other items he could have, she smiled back at him, he was making her job easier by not wanting anything. He was waiting in one of the meeting rooms of the Williams towers. He had called Samson that he needed to see him and it was very important. Samson had asked him to come in just after lunch, so they could talk about his concerns.

His concerns were, now that Zandra was a loose cannon, could she tell Samson about them ? What other trouble could be brewing from that mind he didn't understand anymore because it was hidden from him, but he wasn’t about to tell Samson that. Being Samson's friend wasn't the best protection anymore, he needed more armor and shield and he has got just the thing, to throw Samson off his feet.

Here was the plan, he would cast further doubt in Samson's mind and let him know Zandra was a real Jezebel but Jezebel isn't the appropriate term here was it? Jezebel stood by her husband and even killed for him. She was a Delilah, his Delilah a betrayer who only wants his money. He would be the voice of reason once again and everything she had to say, would be a conniving lie. He even needs to find a way to bring up the meeting with Yinka but not now. He could use it to blackmail The Guard. He wasn't prepared for this.

The doors flung open, it was Samson's father coming in with his Agbada. You rarely saw that man in a suit. He fondly jokes that he wears a suit only two times in a year. It wasn't a funny joke but, because it was an obvious intended joke, everybody laughed because it came from Pa Williams. Seeing him Sesan immediately stood up to greet him, he didn't know Pa Williams would be here, all the better.

"Good Afternoon Sir."
"My boy, my boy, no no no no, seat down, you know you are taller than me." Sesan let out a short laugh, but still extended his hand to shake him.
"Do you want to use this room sir, Samson said I could wait here"
"Not at all, I just came in with him, he mentioned you were here to see him, so I just invited myself. I haven't seen you since that awful cancelled wedding you know. How is the wife? I keep telling her father to not worry her about this child issue. If she has too much on her mind, she will probably have another miscarriage. You should use my doctor, I told your father in law, all these new generation hospitals do not know what they are doing. Didn't you have to go abroad to get this one in." The thing about Pa Williams was, he rarely hid what was in his mind. He obviously was displeased about Sesan's wife's situation.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
"Sir yes we went abroad but our doctor is doing his best, we have gone far into the pregnancy. This might be the one."
"I will hold you and her father responsible if she loses this one O, you are a strong man now." That was another attempted joke, so Sesan laughed. This man would probably die not knowing he wasn't exactly funny.

A Ding was heard and Samson stepped in from a private elevator, he must have gone back down or something.
"I am sorry I kept you waiting, I had to go to tongue lash someone in the accounting department." Samson loved going to the departments when the head of a department was in trouble. He often said if a king summons you to his palace you have time to prepare, but if he comes into your home unannounced you would fall to your knees in worship. Samson only visited when there is bad news; the poor fellow probably got fired.
"Sesan, why are you allowing this old man to dry you up?"
"I am quite enjoying his company."
"No, he is about to leave."
"Let him stay Samson, I think he has a right to hear what I want to say." There was a slight uneasiness in the room but Pa Williams who Sesan believes would have been an excellent gossip pulled back a chair and sat down. Sesan imagined him like those gbeborun women, who loved gossip and always go with their scarf around their necks to where a juicy story was being told. This would work out excellently he thought to himself. Whatever fire Samson had, had died with that simple seating gesture of Pa Williams. He loved how it was only Pa Williams that could stop Samson in his tracks, but Samson must have wanted this also because he could be a stubborn bull when the mood strikes him. Samson was now seated after a brief shrug, Pa Williams didn't say anything he just looked ahead, Sesan could almost sense that he knew that he was about to say something very important to this family. He grinned inside. He had their attention.

“ Zandra isn't who you think she is, I had a detective trace her. I asked Yinka for help but she wouldn't say anything negative about her. My findings are indeed shocking, I don't know if you know that Zandra's real name is Temitope Ajayi. I know you met her through her adopted job, which I won't discuss right now. You see the Ajayi surname came from a man she was married to......" He paused to see if his words were sinking in well, from the expression on Samson's face he knew he had hit a nerve, he continued.

"Her nee is Rotimi, she was married to a man named Badmus Ajayi in Ogun state. As I speak my men are gathering information and evidence on this. The man died in a car accident, just after he married Temitope. Two days to his death he had willed his entire estate, which consisted of about two million in the bank ; a fortune at that time. His house, his beverage business and a car he had bought for Mrs Ajayi. All these properties were sold , the widow relocated to Lagos and later came to Abuja. This strikes a chord with you Samson. In fact before you got married to her you had willed everything you owned to her, I remember you telling me, it was your ultimate sacrifice of love to her. A name Sean John came up, he was for a lack of a better word her body manager. He seems to also have a relationship with Temitope or Zandra if you prefer. He I believe calls the shots in this and I believe dreamed up the son who looks like your grandfather with this petty useless story of cancer or what does the boy have. Please release Temitope to the police or even me. We will get her to sing or even throw her in prison. I know you would want this done discreetly, nobody would even know her name at Kirikiri." He did a great job, he felt like patting himself in the back. Samson looked visibly disturbed, while Pa Williams had a blank look on his face. It was the same look Samson usually has on his face, perhaps when Samson is older he would control his facial features more, he knew deep inside of him that he had won this round.

"The child is mine, the results came out this morning, " Samson was pouring water on that little flame of hope he had. He looked to Pa Williams who still looked gentle and quite, it was obvious that man would not talk throughout this, he was an ordinary spectator and he was looking to his son to deal with his business.

"I am shocked you found out about her marriage to Ajayi, I personally had the few people who knew about this case silenced by my lawyers and cash. Damn this girl is more trouble than I thought. What if this got out, I would be tagged to have married a murderer. And I know for a fact she didn't kill anyone, she never could, Sean her boyfriend had cut the brakes in the car, she had thought they would just take the money and go. “What! She told him that? How could she tell him that? Sesan was getting angry but he couldn't show it. That little slowpoke had blabbed her mouth like it was infected with diarrhea , wouldn't it have been easier if she had let him kill Samson, now here he was trying to convince, this scum who wasn't meant to be alive to do the right thing. Pa Williams was still silent, at least the words should alert him that Zandra was at least a onetime black widow. He had to let Samson understand it better.
"What makes you think she didn't lie to you? This is a woman who stole from you from the very beginning. You are letting her illusions cloud your mind; she needs to be held accountable for her crimes. "
"Yes she will, but she has to take him for his treatment. They are getting their visa's done and she will go with him. She agreed to a divorce after he is back and that is what will happen, what you are saying will stir up unnecessary smoke and I do not need her incarcerated, because I need a mother for my child."
"Samson you could be falling for a trap, this Sean fellow might be baiting you."
"I don't care, my first child will not suffer because of his mother’s mistakes. Sesan you should be on my team, finding a way to make things easier and not more complicated. I appreciate your research on her but please you need to call it off. Her terms are simple. I will play by it. If we need to play rough your information will come to play." Pa Williams let out a deep cough, as if on cue.
"Bless you." Sesan and Samson said in unison.
"No, no, no, no. Don't worry about me, carry on playing nice." he said as he got up.
"I need to go to my office, Sesan thank you for doing this for this thick head here." He didn’t know if it would be rude to reply, so he simply nodded his head maybe for respect or approval, but that felt like the best thing to do.

Pa Williams had gotten into his private elevator and gone off, leaving them. Samson's ancestors must be with him, he was so hard to bait. He wouldn't just die, Zandra at first was all jittery and wouldn't do it, and then Zandra wouldn't give Yinka the chance to claim that if he loved her everything should be willed to her. The son of a gun was just lucky, but his luck would run out.

"Look I know this is hard, it is a difficult time you are passing through and I will most definitely back down……. but o boy when you go see doctor now?”
"My brother, this morning o! My old man made sure we went together. Trying times, trying times."
"Well drinks after work then."
"That's the best idea I have heard all day.....you know I passed by to tell her the news, she didn't even say anything. She just said okay, just one word, what happened to her? I know I stormed out on her the other day but....I am just... well I guess I have to get this sorted."
"You are doing the right thing, send the boy for treatment."
"You know Yinka said we could take him, and she will take care of him once he is fine. That could work you know."

That was a bad idea, Zandra had threatened Yinka about her son, this must be way back before the threat because that was stupid talk, it would only turn Zandra into a vile wounded lioness.

"No that is a bad idea, let Zandra have him, yours is going to be a young marriage. You can't let a boy you just found out about into that situation, you will need time." Samson let out a sigh.
"Thank you Sesan, you are a wonderful friend, I want to talk more but I have the vice-president here soon and I need to prepare."
"How you manage your personal life, and work together I do not know. I have to think of how to make sure that Marilyn gets her bean cake and pap and I get unstable at work." That made Samson laugh.
"You and your wife ehn, characters both of you, just ride her softly; I know you would want to ride for two people as I didn't get married."
"Ha my friend nothing like that, she fears for the baby."
"This is terrible; both of us are not getting any.... I would be lying about that by the way. You know Yinka now, I know the way to her house and she does mine."
"Haaaaa, you are a criminal!"

Four minutes later, they had let the jest die and Sesan had left the meeting room. The meeting with Samson had not gone as planned but it had given him two absolutely beautiful ideas. First he could make money off Samson by claiming he knew Samson bribed some people to keep quiet about Zandra’s murders and secondly he had to tell Yinka she has to feign a pregnancy immediately Zandra goes off with her son for the treatment. It would grant her immunity, she could now talk about a miscarriage later. He knew Yinka would resist initially, but her desire to be a Williams would win and she would be enjoying her fake pregnancy very soon after their talk. Maybe he should rethink the blackmail, a thorough investigation might be carried out officially by Samson and he needed his head to contain the Zandra situation. All that could wait, he needs to pick up his wife so that they could go baby crib shopping, Marilyn was obsessed about the baby, he was happy that she wasn’t as miserable as she had been, he would happier if they got a son.

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by gandyluv(f): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
excellent...kip it up
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Wesslier(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dis story + Dubic = ?
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Am so in love with................

The story. Keep the fire burning
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Fkforyou(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice to hear from you again,although am little bit angry because u kept me on Stand by.... wink
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
OGA Op, For how long do you expect ME to wait for an update from you? undecided
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sconp: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
O God this is one nice story mehn. Following like crazy
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Used to be inlove with this story.

#Fallen out of love#
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
U guys shuld take it easy on her.. It's not easy scribling down smething not to tlk of ds interestin piece wch requires more thinkin b4 writin..

Patiently waitin 4 u Xena
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sexymamabee(f): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2013
[/color][color=#000000] cheesy[/color]Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
[color=#990000]Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 11:54am On Oct 02, 2013
gandyluv: excellent...kip it up
Gandyluv. Thank you. I will try my best.

Wesslier: Dis story + Dubic = ?
Hehehehe Wesslier you have come again oh. Where is the love button here? Lemme give to some of it.

Fkforyou: Nice to hear from you again,although am little bit angry because u kept me on Stand by.... wink
FFkforyou, I am sorry I kept you waiting. I totally didn’t mean it. I don’t know how time just flies like that.

TEA esq™:
OGA Op, For how long do you expect ME to wait for an update from you? undecided
Tea esq, I am very very sorry. Didn’t intend to keep you waiting, I know how annoying a wait can be and I am sorry I kept you in that position. I really do wish I could update everyday but I can’t, even the days I say I will update something always turn up leaving me brain dead and tired. I will try to reduce the wait in the future. Please say you are not pissed with me am on the verge of tears. sad FORGIVE ME (((((Wailing)))).

scon-p:
O God this is one nice story mehn. Following like crazy
@scon-p, I am happy you seem impressed by the story, I am sorry you have to wait longer than usual for a continuation, but I am very grateful you are following it. Cheers to someone like you.

Sophiatabitha: Am so in love with................

The story. Keep the fire burning
Sophiatabitha: Used to be inlove with this story.

#Fallen out of love#
Sophiatabitha sad , so this is what happens when I ignore a lover? (Wailing and lying on the floor). I am so sorry the past few weeks had been so hectic. I was only able to pen this down yesterday which was a holiday. No vex for me my love, I am offering chocolate.

sexymama@bee:
[/color][color=#000000] cheesy[/color]Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
[color=#990000]Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
Wow!!! Xena u really had my ba3 flat. A dear friend 2 nairaland introduced me 2 ur story n I couldn't sleep till I had a flat ba3. Do keep it up n update soonest.
sexymama@bee. Thank you, I am always glad when somebody says they are enjoying my story. Thank you for reading. Flat batteries are annoying ehn. They are worse when they are fake batteries. I have one fake battery like that......i will curse if I think about it 2 much. Hope you enjoy this piece more in the future. Kisses sugs.

Candis009: U guys shuld take it easy on her.. It's not easy scribling down smething not to tlk of ds interestin piece wch requires more thinkin b4 writin..

Patiently waitin 4 u Xena
Candis009 do you know how I so want to hug you and kiss you. You should see the smile on my face right now, my face would tear if it keeps on for longer. Thank you for understanding my dear. The weeks have indeed not been easy. God if I say how much I love you right now, it will turn to 14 years in prison. I will buy you a Bugatti when I have money......okay I am talking like a man who is enjoying pre-intimacy with his lady.....You the best gal. I love you.

Please if you are following this story I won’t be able to update this week any more, next week looks choked up but I promise to cut every single corner I can to make a post on here next week. God bless you all and if you don’t believe in God, may you bless yourself. Xoxxoxo.

PS: Please note the dates on the start of each new chapter; they may indicate what happened in the past, so you do not get confused with the story. Thank you.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2013
Pa Williams, Thursday Evening

“I think your daughter might have married the wrong man?”
“You have started again Damola, you always come with a different perspective.”

The two friends were seated on the porch overlooking a garden, in the Nwosu Mansion, it was evening and the dimming light of nature gracefully blessed the flowers, Damola had called his friend Richard in the morning and asked for a meeting. It was good timing because Richard had cancelled a meeting in Ghana and he was thinking of what to do in the evening. Richard is Marilyn’s father and his wife had died at childbirth. He wouldn’t marry any other woman but he kept a string of lady friends. He didn’t feel like entertaining any of his lovers that evening, so having somebody like Damola Williams over was the perfect relaxation. There was an array of fruits and vegetables on the table that had not been touched, but a bottle of Dom Perignon that laid in an ice bucket had it contents poured in two glass cups, it was nearly finished.

“I am telling you there is something fishy with that Sesan boy.”
“Oooooh God! Damola give me proof, give me proof. You have been too involved with the military that you think everything is either guerrilla warfare tactics or a strategy.”
“My boy sent me a special report very early this morning, after leaving Zandra.....you know Samson’s previous wife.”
“I sense trouble.” Richard was now leaning forward towards his friend, Damola knew that would get his attention. Richard had been one of the people that lodged a complaint against Zandra. Richard had confessed to him that he had paid her once, perhaps more than once he had not said, to perform some acrobatics with him. Zandra had been arranged for him by a top member of his management.

“It was a report he didn’t want to forward to Samson, because Zandra had requested it confidential, that little tigress used his assignment’s objectives against him. She had said that his job was to ensure her safety and if he reports her visit to Yinka, she would be in danger to herself but she gave the go ahead to send me the proper facts when he said he couldn’t do without informing me. I think she wants me to know something is awry.”
“You are saying she went to visit Yinka.”
“Yes.”
“What did they discuss?”
“The results of the DNA and somehow Sesan’s involvement”
“What do you mean Sesan’s involvement?”
“Zandra was distressed that Sesan might have convinced Yinka to alter the results of the DNA test and this morning he came into the office to recant the history of Zandra, so I am guessing there is something incredibly wrong somewhere or he is being an overzealous friend and supporter.”
“Well, Zandra must have told The Guard what was going on.”
“Yes I thought so also, I invited him to my office; he came right in when Sesan was giving Samson information about Zandra and I excused myself to see him. She didn’t tell him anything. She had pleaded with him to help save her son’s life, because she believed the results would be altered. My question is how on earth did she know or think that Sesan might try to alter it with the aid of Yinka. I believe she knows Sesan.”

Richard was deep in thought; he was most definitely not expecting to hear such news. From the stories Richard had told him about Sesan, Sesan could be canonized and made a living saint. He was a hard worker and was always at alert for the progress of the company, he also had averted about two disasters. That was why he was most comfortable to give him rapid promotions and even let him marry his daughter. Damola himself had no previous doubt about Sesan but this new development was indeed shocking.

“Richard I know you were not prepared for such news. I know this is a bit unsettling. I am not willing to investigate Sesan right now because I have promised Samson I would not interfere and frankly I want him to handle this himself because he would have to learn how to maneuver if he is to take my position, but I am relaying this to you, because he is married to your daughter. My man has never lied to me before, I don’t know if Zandra’s wits would be able to manipulate him to lie to me as he broke an order but it is something you have to be watchful of.”
“I have said it before and I have said it again that if you had just let Marilyn and Samson marry, everything would have been better.” Damola let himself laugh, this was an in joke between them, they always said they would marry their two children to breed a super empire. The thing Richard did not know was Damola secretly heaved a sigh of relieve when as teenagers and even adults Marilyn and Samson didn’t like the other as lovers. He wasn’t ready to merge his company with Richard’s, he preferred to have his own grounds and manage his business the way he saw fit.

“Your daughter did not quickly grow chest pointers now, how can he like her?” They both laughed at that also, and then suddenly there was a serious look on Richard’s face.

“This thing you are saying about this boy, Sesan, it needs looking into because you have never told me something and I found it out to be a lie, but I am afraid to open a can of worms. Marilyn loves him, what I will do is watch him properly.” Damola was silent for a while, he had hoped that Richard will order an investigation on Sesan so that he didn’t have to, that way he would be keeping his promise to his son and be saving his family. He had to respect Richard’s decisions about Marilyn. He felt the tug to push harder he had to physically reach out for an apple to munch on so as to choke this desire.

“Tell me once more how you met Sesan.”
“I have told you before, he was already working at the head quarters, Marilyn just got back from the States and I put her there also. He and Marilyn hit it off and I can see why he is a very smart young man.”
“Was it the same man who arranged Zandra for you, who hired Sesan?” There was a pause.
“Possibly.....he does some hiring....Damola please do not start this planting of doubt. Marilyn is extremely smart. Tops every class she is in. If there were any signs of worry she would have detected it a long time. I do not want to rely on any shenanigans by some ex hooker that your son married. Marilyn for the first time is carrying a baby longer than she does. I won’t pile on pressure on the poor girl.” Richard was beginning to show signs of vexation, his fists were clenched. Damola understood that he shouldn’t have pushed it that far especially with Marilyn’s pregnancy. He knew deep inside, Richard was scared he could lose his daughter the way he lost his wife.

“You this Igbo man, you like to get angry at anything. I just wanted information about him.”
“Then ask him yourself or your son, they are friends” that was a yellow light there, he was reaching the red one.
“ I do not want to upset you. I am just asking questions. We shouldn’t meddle, at least just not yet, but you know I have let you know. I might make some decisions in the future and your son-in-law may be affected. I do not mean to interfere with your family in a rude way. You have an obligation to protect your daughter as I do my name and family.”
“Thank you, your worries are noted but nothing will be done about it for now until I sense a threat as I have stated before.”
“I believe we have a deal.” Richard let out a cackle, it was quite stunning to Damola because he believed Richard was taking this serious, but the next bit of conversation made him realize that Richard just wanted to lighten the mood. He was right they had a beautiful evening, they could as well talk about the luxuries they were willing to acquire for themselves in the future.

“See us talking like we are striking a business deal, old habits ehn, they refuse to die.”
“You are right, I switched professional immediately, I thought you were going to punch me.” There was another laughter this time Damola joined in.
“How is the Mrs, I have not heard from her since the wedding. Isn’t this the time she goes for her Christmas shopping?”
“You know what happened with the wedding don’t you, she doesn’t want to leave. She is scared she would leave and something would happen. To say the truth, I am getting scared also. I want to stay put at the sidelines and monitor the situation from here.”
“You People must really hate that girl by now.”
“My wife could stab her but personally I do not, I do not know what transpired. Why she left, I just know why she came back. I noticed you didn’t ask me about that.”
“It is not my business, the bit that is mine you have told me.”
“That is why you are my friend Richard. That is why.”

Damola didn’t want to tell Richard that his son-in-law had forced himself on somebody else. He had let out the least damaging one because he wanted to test the waters, to see the grip the Sesan character had over the Nwosu household and judging from this conversation, he had a pretty good grip, he would gradually break the grip if it bordered on his territory too much. He knew that Sesan knew Zandra despite what he might have everybody believe, he might have paid her before but he also knew Sesan had a design for both his family and the Nwosu’s. The Nwosu’s was pretty obvious. Marry the daughter of one of the owner of one of the biggest banks in Nigeria and a force in Africa, so that he could head the company someday. Damola was sure this was Sesan’s plan for the Nwosu family and he didn’t blame the boy for having an ambition, but the picture of a male gold digger was forming and that was dangerous. He wanted to cut this cancer off as quickly as possible but he would just wait and watch. Samson needs to recognize his enemy he wouldn’t go far in this business if he continues to spoon feed him. He had been thinking about it, he would just take a spectator seat, this would be fun. He had better paid more attention to Richard; he was describing a new yatch he bought.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Zandra November 30th, 2012
The uneasiness was expected, what she didn’t expect was this queer feeling in her stomach, she felt she might even need a toilet. “Zandra calm down.” she thought to herself. “Just calm down...it is just a hospital. “All hospitals were the same be it a poor one or a high end one like this. They were filled with sick people and there was always a room smelling of medicine. The only difference might be the equipments and the staff, the staff here were extra nice to you; but for some reason the churning of her stomach wouldn’t stop.
“Relax Madam.” The Guard who was with her could obviously sense her tension, he placed his right hand on her left shoulder blade, and looked straight into her eyes, the eyes were not kind, but there was something. He continued.
“You need a debriefing madam. All the William’s are in there, Pa Williams, Ma Williams, Mr. Williams Jnr, Miss Yinka and the Doctor. I have just been told, little Demola is sleeping and we are not to make unexpected noises.” She nodded that she understood, she had expected it to be like that. How typical, the Williams are taking over the situation, that was something she had been scared about, the Williams always took over, be it a business or a person, they will take you over. She also felt uneasy because she knew the guard told Pa Williams about her visit to Yinka, she expects him to get her alone and talk to her, she was prepared; they were now at the door to the room that housed her son.

When she entered the room, she felt like Alice stepping into the looking glass, the room had painted animals all over it, giraffes, panda’s, elephant’s lions, ostriches, bold and vibrant colors with purple and blue undertones. Stuffed animals especially the Lion king Simba were placed in corners, there was a mountain of toys piled up on the floor, everything she knew her son wanted but could never afford to give him was available. They must have asked him and they provided it, they must know her son is not for sale. There was her boy sleeping peacefully on the bed, he looked like a little angel, dressed up in Ben ten shorts and a white vest, she didn’t know when she rushed forward ignoring the crowd in the room. A shrill small voice attempting to whisper tried to stop her, it was Ma Williams.

“Don’t wake him he is asleep.” She didn’t even need to think of a reply for that, she had not seen her sick child for a while and a woman, who was obviously playing the entitled grand-mother, was imposing a touch sanction.
“When you pack his excretions, or clean his spew of vomit at three am in the morning, you can tell me not to touch him.” There was a gasp from Ma Williams then murmurings followed “Can you see how rude she is?” A doctor somewhere was telling her the boy isn’t glass he will likely not break, he didn’t say those words but that was what he meant. She didn’t care. She launched forward and started touching his face, his hair, everything, bliss filled her heart, he was fine and he was going to live, she would not lose him.

She was half disappointed the boy didn’t wake up but that was fine, she would stay with him till he got well and the Williams dynasty would have zero power , she was ready. She got up from the side of the bed and carefully navigated the boxes of presents and the pile of toys, Christmas obviously came early for her boy. She was now facing the crowd. It was Pa Williams that spoke on behalf of everyone; Samson was looking out from the window detached. Ma Williams was clutched to Pa Williams lest the vile creature attacked her, Yinka was seated on a couch, avoiding eye contact and the doctor was standing there, being a doctor.

“My dear, you have been hiding secrets from us and it has taken its toll on you.”
“Yes, I did what I had to do.”
“Good and we are about to do, what we need to do, please follow us to the next room, we need to talk. I fear voices will be raised and the boy needs his rest. We adults can be silly sometimes.” The man had a way of using words to control you, she didn’t want to leave her boy, but he made sense, so she followed. The next room was an extension of the first. It had bouncing balls in all shapes, colours and sizes, there were also toys lying around and there was a small bed not as big like the one in the previous room. She couldn’t believe the amount the Williams were spending on the child, they had two exclusive rooms redone for him and this one was just a play room. She didn’t want to have to ask her boy to choose, her or them. It will hurt if he chose luxury over her. She didn’t say a word and Pa Williams broke the silence again.

“Samson, you told me not to interfere, I am here as a concerned grand-father, put your house in order.” Samson who had had his hands in his pocket removed it and straightened his jacket. He was wearing a three piece Ralph Lauren suit and he looked very good in it. Samson cleared his throat.

“Hello Zandra.”
“Hello Sam.”
“You know Yinka of course, you were flat mates for a while.....”
“Oh cut the formal crap, I know who she is, I know you are shinning her congo and you will marry her. I also know you lot are planning to steal my baby, when I only need your help.”
“What do you mean steal your child; we are giving him something you couldn’t give him.”
“Yes and that is why I came for help.”
“You sound as selfish as ever Zandra, I have a son I don’t know about, he is the heir to the Williams empire, if you like it or not, it will be his choice to either take up that duty or not when he gets proper education after this.” He was obviously displeased but his tone was steady and very direct, he was addressing a cold fish. “Our divorce will be final after this chapter. The terms and conditions dictates that you will have to have a house here in Abuja which I will purchase for you, you are getting a settlement fee of fifty million Naira and you will get child support worth two million every month. I have already taken the liberty to open a trust fund for him, so he is well taken care of in the future. I will pay his school fees, any other important fee and miscellaneous spending. Frankly I am being generous and I expect you to be generous to us by your actions and in the press, who you will tell you have been hibernating in Canada and you were unprepared for our marriage.” The whole room was looking at her now, like she was a leper or she just rose up from the grave.

“Where does the boy stay?”
“With you, he only will spend holidays with me and I will come to see him when I can.” She didn’t see that coming, she glanced at Yinka, there was no expression on her face, she was toying with her hair and Pa Williams was smiling while his wife was still clutching him for support.

“I agree, but I am not signing anything until my boy is treated.” She had to stall, she didn’t want Yinka to marry Samson, she knew she promised her she would just go away but she couldn’t. She had to know what Sesan and Yinka were planning, besides her friend shouldn’t really be hurt they both knew what betrayal means.

“ You have made your case clear. The Doctor will now tell you the situation on ground, we have arranged a passport for him and a medical visa will be out by next week. You are going also I suppose so we need you to bring forth your passport.”
“I didn’t go with it; I left it in the hotel safe.”
“Well nothing was there, only my passport was left.”
“Even the money?” She asked innocently but Samson gave her a terrible look that she knew could give a frail person a heart attack.
“Please do not pretend, we are way past that now.”
“You think I stole from you? I didn’t, I swear I didn’t.” She hated being lied on, especially if she knew she was right, she felt like stamping her feet on the ground and break into a tantrum but it wouldn’t change anything.
“Then who did?” She knew Sesan must have taken the money, but she risk’s disclosing his identity. He has everything going for him now, how could she start to discredit him. She wanted him to stop but she couldn’t betray him after all what they had gone through. He had practically raised her, he was her first real boy-friend and they did everything together. She didn’t agree with some of his schemes but that did not mean she should betray him because of her selfishness. The confusion rained on her like a heavy storm.
“I didn’t take your money, I didn’t. “
“A leopard doesn’t change its spots does it? No matter how hard you try. It wouldn’t.” She just had to be quite. He wouldn’t believe her.
“We are done here. You will have to get a new passport I suppose; you and the guard can sort that out, when you are taken back to the hotel.”
“ I am not going back to that hotel. I am staying with my boy.” She expected a fight, she was ready for it.
“So be it , you stay here with the boy. I am sure you know you are not meant to go anywhere and The Guard will still be with you? Shifts will be rotated as usual”
“I have no where I am going.”
“Good, the doctor here will explain things to you. I have an appointment soon. And one more thing my mother will be here. She will look after him with you.” That was a shocker, the porcelain Mrs. Williams in the hospital, she had been quite all this while, and not spoken, her husband was whispering into her ear, something she had not noticed. He must have been giving her instructions on what to do, because she could see the apprehension in her body. She almost laughed; the woman was swelling like abandoned soaked garri.

“No objections, if she can live with me I can live with her.” What she actually meant was that this was going to be fun.
“Good please talk to the doctor then, he will give you extra information, I have a meeting to attend to very soon.” He then turned to Yinka and said “Honey let us go”. Yinka smiled at her as if to say good bye. She stared at her blank; did this one think they were friends?

The Doctor was a fat round man, with grey hair more than black, he had been the Williams family doctor before she met them and he still is, she always joked about how she believes he was short because he traded his height for medical knowledge to Samson, but that was not an in joke anymore. The man explained how the hole had gotten bigger and how she should have sought health care earlier, how he has arranged a partner hospital in India and not the one she had already chosen. She didn’t even care; her boy was going to get well. She was rejoicing but she feared the worst was yet to come.
Everybody was gone except for Zandra and Ma Williams, The guard was standing outside the room. There was silence. Ma Williams was seated on a large couch, like a dragon watching over its cave. She was taking inventory of some sort. To say the truth she missed this woman in an odd way. Ma Williams knew people and knew things, she was also not afraid to show it off. She had risen from a secondary school teacher to the wife of one of the most influential men in Nigeria. The only problem she had with the woman was that she was bent on stamping out her origins which Zandra found ridiculous. Ma Williams had accepted her way back, when she found out there was no hope in fighting her, she turned into a glam goddess and introduced her to all the best designers and style experts. No daughter in law of Adediwura Williams would look like she picked up her clothes in a middle class boutique. What will people say? Abomination! She felt she owed this woman an apology because she was tumbling down the perfect castles she must have built in her head for her family. She really wished she didn’t cause trouble but it happened to her. Trouble was her middle name.

“Mama?” The child’s voice came weak from the illness and sleep, he was rubbing his eyes. A huge smile came to her face. He was awake.
“My Lion!” Zandra exclaimed, the boy was trying to get off the bed but she stopped him by motioning her hands for him to stay in the bed. She was swift to get to the bed, and she began hugging him like she needed his warmth. She caught a smile on Ma Williams face, everything was pure joy.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Samson Wed 30th- March 2nd, 2005
He was waiting for her and she was nowhere to be found. Samson didn’t take his car to work that day. He was used to Zandra driving him. He had this arrangement where his father’s driver would pick him up from home after he drops his father at work and if his father had to be somewhere a company driver would take him. Growing up with his grandfather had gotten him used to doing things for himself and so he didn’t usually make use of the drivers, but he had to make use of them because of Zandra. He was used to this pattern new pattern, Zandra would show up at 6pm with her car, she hated him leaving work late, she would help him sort out the most important work to do at home, she also hated him taking extra work home, she said she thinks it would give him ulcer in the long run because he wouldn’t eat properly because of work.

She would go grocery shopping with him every Saturday morning, if it was necessary for her to go to the local market she would leave him in the car then go to haggle with the market women, immediately he spots her emerging from the chaotic mess he would get down from the car to help her out, then later he started going in with her. The memories put a smile on his face.....but where was she? The Picture of Francisca on his table caught his eye, he remembered taking it himself at one of her filming locations he felt a pang of guilt and quickly called her. Her Personal Assistant picked up the phone, it was the same story.

“Ah Mr. Williams, she is on the set, she will call you back.” To give Francesca fair credit she always called back when this happens, she was busy and he was busy but when they were together they were inseparable. Zandra loved to hear the story of how he met Francesca, how Francesca’s manager had come with her to a party in honor of his father, how he sat there staring at her because she was more beautiful in person than he saw in the movies, how he had asked for her number, how she was reluctant to give It, how the Manager had finally given it to him, how he would call her and she would giggle with politeness and give short and sweet answers, how he would send to her on whatever location, gifts and presents ranging from chocolates to gold and diamond jewellery . He had loved chasing her, his mother was more excited about him dating her and well his father had given him a million naira, the money he had to pay because he lost a bet. Damola Williams had bet his son that he couldn’t get Francesca in three months; he did it in thirty six days. His father was proud but knowing his father it could have been a trick to push him to date Francesca.

Where was she? He was getting agitated like a trained dog that did not get his reward from its master. He kept on calling her but she didn’t pick up the call. It was Friday and they were meant to go see a dance troupe together, this was ridiculous he didn’t wait for anyone but yet there he was glued to his chair, waiting for her to come to release him. He just liked the way; she would breeze in and completely change the atmosphere. She might be telling him about some shoe she bought; she would bring it out and show him then describe the outfits she had in mind when she bought it. He was her girl friend she would say, Yinka was too holy and busy and the women in her line of business were dangerous she would say. When she brings up the topic of a client, he would immediately change the topic, he didn’t want to hear about how bad the breath a man smelt and how she had to deal with it, when all he really wanted to do was grab her and yell at her that she was destroying herself.

Samson never did that, lest she thinks he cared too much about her, they were just two adults having fun and enjoying the other’s company. The only thing he would absolutely not tolerate were her thieving ways, he was certain she wouldn’t steal from him but there was no way he would let her too close with his clients and friends. He made sure she returned whatever she said she stolen making a deal to refund her. He had thought she would abuse the opportunity but she didn’t, she rarely stole anymore. She had put it this way, she was uncomfortable because he was giving her gifts that she wasn’t paying him back with her body. He almost hugged her when she gave him that little insight but she didn’t say it with a sad or sincere face, you would expect somebody who made such a heartwarming confession to have, instead she said it while letting her half shoulder top drop dow her arms, with a smile and a cheeky attitude. He didn’t know what to do with her, he was smiling again.

A secretary had gotten the sack because of Zandra , the lady was disturbed when Zandra would waltz into his office like a legitimate business woman, only with a tighter suit and on Fridays jewelled up casuals, it made sense that not only the secretary was uneasy but the whole staff especially the women who opened mouth aghast when men would hurriedly run to enter the same elevator with this ugly looking prune of a thing. It shocked Samson that she never advertised herself to these men. She had given him two reasons, first half of them wouldn’t be able to afford her and secondly she did not want to sleep with men she met through him. He had asked her about his first friend and she snickered and said “well you were taking money out of me, I needed the money back”. He just didn’t know why he couldn’t get genuinely angry with her.

This one secretary had told Francesca that her man was being stolen by a LovePeddler; Francesca dropped everything she was doing and flew to Abuja to spend some time with him. He thought it would be trouble, not that he was scared, Zandra had always wanted to meet Francesca but you wouldn’t say that about Francesca, she was angry, who was the slut spending time with her future husband? He hadn’t proposed but that was still going to happen . Zandra was nowhere to be found that week because she had some special government work to attend to, some foreign ambassadors needed proper care and she was among the select few who had an impressive resume in that regard. Therefore Francesca and Zandra didn’t meet, but he assured Francesca it was nothing to worry about as she could see, Zandra didn’t even have his time. When Francesca was finally assuaged, she left to continue shooting her movie and as for Zandra he wouldn’t talk to her for days, he even told the new secretary, to tell her he wasn’t around when he clearly was. He threatened to fire the new one if she succumbed to Zandra’s charms. “Your predecessor left because of her and you would go too because of her if you do not carry out my instructions!” he had told her.

If he knew anything about Zandra it was that she always got to the root of the problem, one Saturday evening when he got home he found her cooking in the kitchen, she had gone to buy him groceries and she was preparing the week’s stew and soups for him. He knew she was the one immediately the familiar aroma arrested his nostrils. He wanted to leap with joy but he didn’t, she had broken an entry into his home where she was an unwanted guest.

“What in hell are you doing here?” Samson thundered when he entered the kitchen, she was obviously startled because the spoon she was holding fell down elegantly from her hands. She didn’t pick it up; she was staring fiercely into his eyes.
“Why are you avoiding me Samson? Did I kill somebody?”
“Answer me!”
“No you answer me, why are you avoiding me Samson?”
“Nothing I just don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore.” It was a lie and he knew it.
“So why didn’t you tell me that to my face? Am I a masquerade?”
“No, now please leave. I have a simple life and you are complicating it for me”
“Complicating what? You do not have a life; you are a mindless drone, a product of your father’s ambition. You are going to have a perfect life, you have always had one. You would be perfect but you will be boring and dull. The only way you would matter is with money and the power it brings but you will lack happiness. You will have only bottled happiness, nothing that expresses, your real self and the real you”. Those words were like arrows to him, did she leave wherever she was hatching from to come here to spew this pile of bile at him, just because she felt scorned that he was avoiding her. He wasn’t going to take this from a dirty low life harlot like her.

“I am not going to take this from a dirty low life scum like you. You claim to know what happiness is, going around town sleeping for money. Do you have any sense of self worth? You go sleeping with men for and you come into my house and kitchen to preach to me about the value of happiness and a fulfilled life.” Zandra began to laugh.

“I thought you were avoiding me because of Francesca but you truly are pissed because I went off for a week with the Ambassadors. Just say you want me and I will give you the price, I will also give you a friend’s discount.” He had wanted to shove her and perhaps drown her in the hot soup cooking on the gas but he was a gentleman. He would just leave the house for her. At that he headed the same way he came. She had not followed him, she only ran outside just when his car was leaving the gate, from that moment she kept on calling him. She was sorry, she had gone too far, she just didn’t like the way he ignored her, he was the only man who talked to her not like an object. He gave in when the calls were about sixty five two weeks later, the truth was he missed her. That was their first big fight, he had apologized about being insensitive, she told him how it was fine, she had provoked him. He had wanted to kiss her but he remembered she was not Francesca; it was getting difficult to tell which his friend was and which his girlfriend was. He made her promise not sleep with men for cash, if an offer came up she should tell him and he would give her the money.

That was the past but where was she now? She always got here by five o clock on Wednesdays and Fridays because they always had something planned up. Today was a ballroom dancing group. It was six thirty now and she was still a no show. She wasn’t picking his calls and he wouldn’t try the number again. What was she doing keeping him waiting, he hated time wasters. He would only wait some five more miserable minutes and he would leave. He hadn’t finished thinking this when she walked in her face without make-up obviously fresh from a bath. He knew what happened already and he could feel the tug in him to yell at her. She must have taken her bath for one reason and one reason only, she had a client. He didn’t wait for her to explain.

“Who is it this time?”
“What do you mean?”
“Who were you busy bonking for money this time?”
“Nobody.”
“Liar”
“Do not call me a Liar”
“But you are lying.”
“It was a Governor, he flew in and they were offering an unreasonable amount of money. I had to give in just this once.”
“We talked about this madam, we said you were not going to be what you are now anymore, I told you I would pay you whatever anybody offers you double the amount.”
“You have done too much I couldn’t possibly..... I couldn’t keep taking from you without giving you something back it feels so wrong and besides when Sean comes back I have to attend to his referrals.”
“You and this mysterious Sean you keep on talking about. You think he cares for you? I don’t know how a woman like you could be so smart yet be so dumb and why must you give me something in return. Look I am tired and I won’t have a fight with you over this, my father was right I am spending too much time with you. I will not be having the home made meal this week please. I would go out and have a couple of drinks with my friend today and not going for the show”
“Fine and Sean cares for me more than you can ever imagine.” She said so convincingly he would have believed it if the idea did not sound too absurd to him. She was turning to leave, he felt a bit guilty but this was necessary. He needed the files on the table and she was the best time saver to fetch it for him before she left. She had already wasted his time by showing up late.
“Please pass me the Mandarin Research file and the Yellow Cross Philanthropy files.” She did as told and moved to the table, there were six files scattered on the glass table and she asked him the question he had not anticipated.
“Where is it?”
“It is on the table.”
“Yes, I know but where on it, point to it” was she kidding him? There were only six odd files on the table and she was asking him to point. Then the thought hit him like thunder, so he said.
“Forget it, please I need you to read out something to me I quite can’t get it.”
“What do you mean read to you, you were just sending me out of your office because I was no good and you want me to read to you.”
“Yes.”
“Goodbye Samson.”
“Can you read, Zandra?” Her hands were on the door handle but she didn’t open it, he expected a denial but the evidence was getting too hard to ignore. She always preferred objects described to her in colours, unfortunately for her all his files were Yellow files. He had also never seen her write anything more than her name and signature. It all made sense now, she didn’t read text messages, she would always prefer to call him, this was shocking but he was not shocked. She didn’t act like an illiterate but he was sure now she was one.
“How old are you Zandra?” She opened the door and she started taking giants strides as far as possible from him and his office, he had hit home. He followed, but not too fast, also ignoring the glances of the few employees left at work. He wanted to shout for somebody to hold her but he didn’t that would be inappropriate. She was in the elevator now; she didn’t hold it for him. He didn’t need her to. He reversed to his private elevator; he knew he was going to get to her before she got to the car park. He told the new secretary to call him if the lady who just stormed out came in as a just in case.

It was easy to find her car, it was a grey colored jeep and she had packed it not too far away, He waited. When she emerged he wasn’t prepared for what he saw, here was this lady her eyes were bloodshot with tears. When she spotted him she turned back as if she was going back to where she came like she had lost her way but she changed her mind and moved towards her car and him.

“You keep on complaining about Sean but he never makes me feel the way you do. He doesn’t think I am stupid, he knows I am who I am and I should not apologize for it. I knew you would ridicule me if you found out I couldn’t read or write and didn’t even know my birthday. You make me happy sometimes because you are a breath of fresh air but you need to accept that I am who I am. I sleep with men for money; it is what I am good at. I do not have a degree in the Mechanics of Jagbajantis or whatever fancy thing but I know how to make my money and save it. Please I want to get into my car.” He shifted for her , he didn’t say any other word lest he hurt her even further, not even a sorry.

Shallow was an understatement about how he felt. Here he was judging her for who she was through the eyes of an oil magnet’s son. He didn’t know her journey but it was her fault she was too stubborn and hid a lot from him. He didn’t even know about this Sean John of a person, only that he was an irresponsible pitiable excuse for a man. He let out a sigh it was his turn to start begging Zandra, he would call and call and call. He even asked his friend who knew her to call her and give the phone to him; she had simply ended the call when she heard his voice. It was annoying, women always respond when you sends them gifts and called them, but he was wrong about this one, he always got his gifts back by DHL, even though she was in the same city with him. She gave herself out at a stated price but unfortunately he couldn’t afford her.

Damola Williams noticed this and explained to his son how pursuing a dangerous woman like Zandra was not only stupid but made him open to attacks from all angles because of her shoddy lifestyle. The only alternative was to find out the past and shut its mouth if it was worth the risk. Samson explained to his father about how he only wanted to help her. His father murmured and had told him
“I bet you ten million Naira you would marry that girl not Francesca and you have my full support, but you have to talk to your mother, you know how she is.” He had taken the bet; he had no doubt in his mind that he was going to marry Francesca. Or was he sure? He spent Christmas and new year with Francesca and that means he loved her right?
Two months passed and he heard nothing from her, it was ridiculous he still felt bad although he would fly to see Francesca occasionally on the weekends. He was planning a surprise trip to visit her and he would fly her to a beautiful estate they had built in Calabar, to spend some time with her. He named the place Casa du Francesca. But like a bad omen Zandra showed up again.

It was at a luncheon and she came alone, the evil highness had a flair for the dramatic. She was wearing a backless cream colored fitted gown that looked like it was sewn on her and she had walked up straight to him.
“I need you to teach me how to read and write, I don’t want a teacher, just you.” He was startled he was with people, he had to excuse himself, and hopefully they thought it was a joke.
“Are you crazy? What are you doing here? And where is my apology? I have been trying to reach you for ages”
“I am very sorry I went emotional, I felt humiliated.”
“I guessed as much, but two months, that’s bad.”
“I am sorry.”
“I am sorry also” He had hugged her, for the very first time, every other time he wanted to, it felt awkward but this time it seemed just right and he was happy.
“I will teach you okay”
“Promise you wouldn’t sleep with me.” This was an odd request because he had no intentions to sleep with her whatsoever.
“I won’t”
“Thank you.”
“You are welcome.” He didn’t go to see Francesca anymore there was no need.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Zandra, Saturday December 1st.
Sometimes Ma Williams amused her, the woman was hell bent on making sure that she did not exist and it was only Demola that was in the room. She had to give it to the woman she paid Demola all the attention in the world and Zandra was reduced to watching. Her son would occasionally glance at her for something he wanted but you could tell he was happy having a doting grandmother. Everything made her wish she had come back years earlier, at least Demola would have had the best of everything and he would still be with her son but better late than ever.

She had been embarrassed to answer Demola’s questions in front of Ma Williams. Was that man really his father and this woman really his grandmother? Why did she not let him know? Was it a temporary thing? Can he keep all the toys? He wants the boys back in Otukpo to see it, will he be getting better? The questions were endless and she did her best to answer all of them and of course she lied to him when he asked why she was no longer with his papa. Ma Williams was gracious enough to help her cover up most times, by telling him he talks too much and he would probably get a headache. It was evasive Zandra knew, but she was too confused right now to set anything straight. Zandra suspected that underneath that pompous and cold exterior Ma Williams had at least some level of sympathy for her.

Flipping through the pages of a magazine, she caught the picture of Francesca in one of the pages, dolled up and looking glamorous at an event. Zandra was happy for her, she would call her up, she had a lot to share with her. The only person she could genuinely talk to right now and divulge everything to was Francesca. She wouldn’t be hatching some evil plan or back stab her like a lazy friend....Francesca’s shoes were from the magazine were lovely, this lady had not aged a bit. She didn’t want to compare herself to her but, she found herself doing it, especially as she glanced at her reflection in a mirror like surface. She wouldn’t be thinking too much if Ma Williams would let The Guard come in, so he could regale her with his stories. She rarely told him anything, which was the contract between them. She had only asked him once to see it, and he had crawled back into his shell.

A Nurse came in interrupting her thoughts; it was the overly friendly one who smiled like she was in an advert for Colgate or one of those popular brand tooth pastes.

“Madam are you the boy’s mother?” The friendly nurse quizzed her.
“Yes I am.”
“Please you have to come with me to fill a couple of forms.” Zandra glanced at Ma Williams who was still very busy with Demola, she didn’t seem to even notice they were having a conversation, she was showing him some pictures.
“Can’t I have them filled here?”
“No, I need to carry out some tests on you also?”
“Why do I need to be tested?”
“Doctor Sean John will like to see you alone ma.” Her heart skipped a beat, it was Sesan, he must have told her to slip his name in the conversation if there was a problem, knowing fully well it would get her attention. This was bad, this was bad. What does he want here? Should she go? What does he want to say? She knew he was always scheming something or maybe he just wanted her body again. It was easy she would go with The Guard.
“Mama please I am coming, let me go and attend to this woman.....Demola I am coming you hear.” Only Demola nodded, Ma Williams didn’t even turn to look.
Getting outside the room she was taken aback to find out that The Guard was not there, that was strange, he never leaves his post.
“Where is the Guard that was here?”
“He has gone ahead of us to the meeting place, something about wanting to secure the area.”
They had just waltz past a trolley and she was thinking if she should turn back, take to her heels, runaway again and leave Demola behind, at least Demola would be happy and get the treatment he needs, but the undeniable truth is that she knew Sesan had something under his sleeves, and as The Guard had advised her leaving could bring danger to the boy. It was a hopeless situation and she wasn’t sure who she was meant to be loyal to, she owed everything to both Sesan and Samson.

“How much did he pay you?” The nurse acted like she did not hear her.
“How much did he pay you?” Zandra asked louder this time
“Please lower your voice; you know we are in the hospital.”
“Madam come, I dey ask you question you dey form smart, you think say I never do anything under G before. No talk to me as if I be baby, you collect money from this person wey you dey take me to, I dey ask you, you dey form. I go shout disgrace you now.” Zandra was pissed that this woman was trying to ignore her, she needed to know the price of this cunning act because it would inform her how sinister the meeting would be. A high price would mean she had to turn around and go back.
“Twenty thousand naira, shey you dey happy now?”
Twenty thousand Naira was reasonable, but she still had to be cautious. They were there.

It was a small store in the basement of the hospital, where drugs, some medical equipments which looked out of service were kept and empty brown boxes littered everywhere. She had amused herself thinking he would be facing the wall, standing under a lone lamp with a hat, then turn to face her as she entered the room. None of her imaginations materialized, Sesan was wearing jeans and a casual white top, he was seated fiddling away with his phone in the corner and didn’t think to look up when they came into the room. The guard was nowhere in sight, she knew she had fallen for a well crafted trick.

“Sir, she is here. I will lock you from outside, just call me when you are ready”
“Thank you Mosun.” The nurse left and she was once again alone with him, she never likes the outcomes of these meetings, the last two times she had seen him alone, she hated herself and here she was again.
“Where is The Guard, the nurse said he was here?”
“Why are you talking like a child? Like you don’t know how we do it. Samson is my friend, I called him I needed the guy for some urgent security issue, he is waiting for me in my office, I will meet him when I get there then release him. I am busy right now.”

Damn it. Sesan obviously knew that the Guard reports everything besides there is the issue of her threat to him, so he must have called to Samson to send him on an errand. Obviously the guard didn’t notify her because he wanted her to be under the pretence that he was still outside. This will never end, this will never end, she hated herself, she hated everything, the fact that she couldn’t control the mess.

“Temitope, why does it have to be like this?”
“Like how, Sesan?”
“You know what I am talking about. Seeing you in secret, look where we are at now; a dingy hospital basement.”
“You have always preferred the secret since Marilyn I recall. You always said it was for the better good. You are only upset now because you are the one that needs to hide to see me.” Sesan got up from his chair all of a sudden; he looked like he was hurt by her words.
“You know what I was doing with Marilyn was for us, you were meant to do the same with that spoilt brat Samson, if there was going to be hiding, both of us were meant to hide to see the other, we were supposed to be the true love.”
“No you wanted to have me a rich widow and you would have a wife.”
“Temi, my own, look at me....when you told me what Alhaji used to do to you, what did I tell you?”
She hesitated but she answered. “You told me you would get me out of there.”
“Did I get you out of that wretched place or not?”
“Yes you did.”
“I always have a plan for us my baby. I always do, Yes I get mad and angry at you...sweet I am sorry I had to force myself on you the other time. I was just angry, you wouldn’t have resisted if it were Samson, it used to be you and I but since when that man came into your life and you gave the part of you that belongs to me to him, you started to doubt me and my plans. You betrayed me and fell in love with him. I never betrayed your love but you did mine. Don’t you see it is these rich people against us? You would accuse me of my tactics but that is the only way you can get past their selfishness, greed and their sense of elitism, expose and dispose them for the animals that they are. I thought this was our plan baby, that what they have stolen from us by keeping all the money to themselves.”

Tears filled Zandra’s eyes, he was right he had been there for her all along, he always had a plan and there was nothing he said he would do that he had never done, it was just the ways he got them done that scared her. He had made her marry a man once and killed him off to get the money, she couldn’t bear the same thing happening to Samson, she just couldn’t.
Sesan was nearing her, he had engulfed her in his arms and hugged her tightly, she wanted to push him away but she didn’t have the will and the strength to do so, besides his hands felt so comforting. His voice soothed her just like he did when she cried to him in the past.
“Temi I forgive you because I love you, you know I have been very protective of you and never want anything bad to happen to you even when you hurt me, stop crying okay, stop we can make this work.”
“How?”
“You get back with him, it will be like old times, it will be easy you have his heir.”
“He does not belong to him, he is a fake.” Samson’s hands gripped her tighter
“What do you mean?”
“I have been lying to everyone and myself. You know how you taught me to invent stories to back up a character and tell the stories to myself as if it were real so I can convince myself and ultimately convince others. That is what I have been doing. Lying, lying and lying some more....heck it was because I found out I was pregnant that I left. I was pregnant for you Sesan. Samson had told me that day that his father had a military unit, that he uses to silence people. He said if and when I got pregnant they would fly me abroad first, then conduct some weird DNA test on me to know the father of the child. Pa Williams he said was very paranoid about entertaining bastards. I had to run.”
“Why didn’t you contact me, where is my child and why did you come back just in time for the wedding?”
“ I was jealous it was Yinka, I couldn’t bear the thought of Yinka marrying him, and back then I just needed a break” Sesan was silent obviously trying to take all in at once, Zandra studied him, he looked like he was thinking, but then again he hugged her, tighter.
“Let me think of how to get us out of this, okay my baby, I am happy you told me the truth. So this means the kid is rented probably from a friend?”
“Yes, he looked like Samson’s grandfather, so he was perfect.”
“Good. Do not worry we will get through this my baby.” One of the hands that were circled around her gradually warmed its way down to grab a succulent butt cheek. Zandra immediately used hers to remove it from that position.

“Why baby?”
“Why, what?”
“You, know.”
“Didn’t feel comfortable” Zandra was already trying to break away from his clutches and surprisingly enough he let her go.
“Obviously you don’t want this; I just felt that with all your story you....you loved me still. I know I hurt you earlier but I felt we had reconnected. Have we not?”
“I need some time.”
“Why do I feel like you are pretending? Lying through your teeth to me, because you are scared of some action I might or might not take.”
“ I am not.”
“Then prove it, prove you were never in love with Samson, that you ran away because you were pregnant because for our child, kiss me and remind me how it feels to be loved by you, our own special kiss the not the ones you give to the fools who pay.”
He was right she needed to prove to him that she was telling him the truth, she leaned forward and kissed him tenderly, his hands were by his sides, but she took it and placed it where she had just expelled them from. She knew what he liked; she knew he would only take five minutes if she fed him her bosoms first, so she unbuttoned her blouse. At that instant she felt the bulge in his trousers rise up against her thighs. He didn’t touch her; she knew she had to do the work, so she went to work.
It was over in five minutes, he didn’t talk, even earlier he didn’t say anything. He just made grunts and groans. Did she do the wrong thing? He just now called the nurse to come open the door. He was now looking into her eyes, and the feeling kept on growing in her that she had made a wrong move. The cynical laughter he burst into only confirmed the feeling, he was laughing at her, why was he laughing at her?

“Why are you laughing?”
“You are thick in the head.”
“What?”
“ Did you actually expect me to believe that story you told me. Did you calculate in your mind the many possibilities and that was what you came up with?”
“But it is true.”
“If I know anything, I know that the DNA tests were conducted fairly and could never be tricked like you would have me believe, I thought of that possibility also you know, so I took extra steps to make sure you were not pulling a fast one, I conducted mine also. You came up with that useless lie, because you were scared I might kill your son. While in fact why I came here you stupid slut was to announce to you that I wanted to kill your son.” Zandra stretched forth her palm and slapped him across the face, but he returned it with a slap and spat on her, then he grabbed her by the neck, pinning her to a shelf nearby.
“Look listen to me, I will kill him if you do not comply with me. My Mrs, unfortunately is pregnant and that means I cannot bonk her and even if I was bonking her it would not be like you. I have thought about this you see, your threats to Yinka everything and the only power you have is that you would reveal that you and I have a connection. The only evidence you have is our previous list of clientele, which I have gotten in contact with and shut up. Now what you are going to be is a desperate liar...don’t even try to think of anything, it will not work, you know me and you know what I am capable of. It was fun watching your little desperate drama though, made taking you easier. You will listen to me, you will obey me and you must do as I say or your precious little flower will wither and it will be as a result of your defiance to me. A result of a betrayal to the one who made you, you will do as I say!!!”

There was a rustling at the door and it was evident it was the nurse trying to open the door, Sesan released his hands from her neck and she fell to the floor, gasping for breath, was she really this helpless piece of meat that was meant to do his bidding because he had practically raised her? Sesan brought out his wallet and counted ten thousand naira which he presented to the Nurse, an obvious completion of their earlier fees. He was at the door now, he was looking at her, the nurse was also, but there was a little bit of concern in her eyes, she even rushed forward to lift Zandra up seeing how she looked but Zandra shooed her back, she needed space.
“See you later. “ He said as he walked out of the room, she didn’t see that as a goodbye message, she saw it as a threat. At that minute she knew she had to send a clear and direct message to Pa Williams, her son was in danger and she was in danger. Sesan was now the enemy, what she wasn’t sure if she had the guts to betray him. Samson would never have her back, and Sesan hated her . She felt if she had a real father and he hated her, this was how she would feel, but she couldn’t think of her own father doing the things Sesan did to her, she might be wrong, her own father may be worse, hadn’t he abandoned her with her mother? She should be thankful for Sesan in her life. She needed to talk to someone fast, she couldn’t keep the madness to herself anymore, she couldn’t.

“Madam we have to go now” The nurse was saying, she got up and followed her, fearing that this room for the next few weeks was where she was going to was going to barter her body for her son’s life. She knew the very next thing Sesan would do was to convince Samson to let go of the monitoring he placed on her. It was the next logical step in the con game. She knew this too well because she always featured in his twisted plans, now her next move was to find a similar con that would get her out. She had to so she could keep her sanity.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by buyles(f): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
I think i shud call u naija sidney sheldon. Thumbs up girl, u're really gud
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sexymamabee(f): 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
U kept me glued 4 d minutes I had 2 read dis piece,very tantalizing. Looking 4ward 2 d next update,dnt kip me waiting. :DU kept me glued 4 d minutes I had 2 read dis piece,very tantalizing. Looking 4ward 2 d next update,dnt kip me waiting.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by zenie(f): 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jst rily excited cheesy u kept me up way past ma bedtime...u indeed one of a kind.. God bless u nd give u more ideas grin kiss
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sexymamabee(f): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Xena,had 2 read d story all over again so dat it wud still be fresh in my memory before u update and I hope dat won't take too long. Keeping my fingers xrossed 4 u.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
buyles: I think i shud call u naija sidney sheldon. Thumbs up girl, u're really gud
@buyles thank you so much for that comment. I love Sidney Sheldon, my favorite book of his is If Tomorrow Comes. That chess scene where the heroine cons those two uptight chess masters is my best part of the book.

zenie: Jst rily excited cheesy u kept me up way past ma bedtime...u indeed one of a kind.. God bless u nd give u more ideas grin kiss
@zenie. God bless you too darling. Hugging you from my laptop screen, you a gem sweets.

sexymama@bee:
Xena,had 2 read d story all over again so dat it wud still be fresh in my memory before u update and I hope dat won't take too long. Keeping my fingers xrossed 4 u.
@ sexymamabee. I know right! I try my best O but I just get chocked up every damned time. But it looks like I can post on Sunday and Monday. Much love from my end, glad you like the story.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Guard, 3rd Dec 2012

A king Sunny Ade track was playing in the background, he loved the beat but he could hardly get what the music meant, he got some of the words but he kept on getting lost, he really needed to learn this language. He had down Hausa, Igbo, Idoma, Calabar and Eggon . Never the less he allowed himself to enjoy the song; he rarely had time to unwind, so he closed his eyes and began to nod his head to the song.

For some reason the song reminded him of Zandra, everything reminded him of her now, he had never met a woman like her. This one was incredibly smart, but yet also incredibly stupid, she was also not scared of him, she had even asked him to show her his missing penis, the cheek that girl has got, nobody had asked him that before. The truth was he has never gotten naked in front for a very ling time and she would not let the matter be. She asked him if he had kissed a woman before, if she was the first he saw naked. Does he feel the urges for sex? Has he touched a woman before? He could touch her breasts if he wanted to she said.

She would watch him spell bound, her favourite aspect of his replies and story was when he disclosed to her that his late teens was devoted to his masters wife and her friends, how he used his mouth and hands on them and how they would have him unclothed while he did all these things, they would ask him to pound on them even though he had no instrument. She would listen to every single one of these stories, she was intrigued by them, she did not seem to interested in his war stories, they were boring she would say, she would tease that he was a prostitute before she started her own career as one, only that he was not smart enough to get paid exorbitant prices. It was strange, she was usually the one without clothes on, but he was always the one embarrassed. They had developed a strange kind of friendship and he enjoyed it, he had not had a true friend in a long time. He wondered if she was the same way with Steve, but something always held him back from asking her, maybe it was pride but he never asked her about Steve.

That was why when he wanted to close on the 1st, he knew something was wrong, he had suspected something fishy when he waited at Mr. Sesan’s office but he quite did not want to believe it. Zandra had asked him to wait that he wanted to see him. When he informed her she was going and Steve was there to take his place. She had been cuddled by the side of the couch, watching her child and soon to be ex mother in law playing. She was usually silent, but this particular silence had the graveyard in it, the hope he had seen in her eyes days back was gone and she looked like she was about to vomit.

When she was alone with him outside, she kept on stuttering, she shifted her weight from one leg to the other uneasily. He believed she was going to fall into his arms and cry. He was used to this, Zandra would have nightmares in the hotel and she would scream in her sleep, he would immediately go to her to calm her down, she would dig her finger nails into his flesh, she would punch the air and often times when she woke up will break into sobs then go back to sleep. She had stopped when she was reunited with her son but she did it again last night he gathered. He was almost upset about the whole issue, almost like he cared for her, but he didn’t, she was his assignment and he only cared that his assignment was done. He was just a bit worried that she couldn’t bring herself to tell him what she wanted to say on the 1st . She just told him to get her a deodorant when next he was coming, he didn’t push it, but he was glad Pa Williams had taken an interest in his report about the incident.

The Guard opened his eyes, the music was still playing but now he did not pay as much attention to it as he did before. He was seated in Pa Williams office, it was a big office cleverly furnished with mahogany and a furniture theme of gold, red black and white. The Sofa he had chosen for himself was a particularly deep red one. Mr Williams rarely summoned him to his office, but since Zandra he had been here twice and that was just a few weeks ago. His primary assignment was Mr Williams the younger, but since the trouble maker came in, he had to get used to see the older Williams. He really was grateful for Pa Williams because without him he would probably be dead.

A long legged secretary came in; she had an exaggerated twist in her walk, women like that he was quick to dislike. He was right when she opened her mouth to speak, the false accent made him want to slap her.
“Are you waiting for Mr. Williams sir?”
“Yes, he told me to wait here.”
“He wouldn’t be able to come back upstairs, he said to kindly meet him in the car he will be taking for the next meeting. He says he will converse with you en route.”
“Thank you.”
He got up to follow her; she led him through the passage and into an elevator.
“So are you are a man of the uniform?” The secretary asked glancing lustily at his well toned muscles; he wore a figure hugging black top, which pronounced the muscles on his chest.
“Retired.”
“Oh I see, I don’t know if you would like to have my number so you can reach Mr. Williams easier.”
“I have his number and I am busy.” Her exaggerated twisting made much more sense to him now; she was looking for a mate. The sound of the opening elevator broke the tension that was rising, he had made up his mind to give her a sharp put down, if she had continued on the path she was treading.
“This way.” The secretary said pointing him to the car Pa Williams was waiting in.
“Thank you.” Just before she turned to leave she dug his hand into his back pocket, his reflex was to turn around and break at least two of her fingers but when he felt the ever too familiar feeling of a paper being deposited into his pockets, he knew she was trying her last chance by dropping her number. If only she knew that it would be thrown in the nearest dumpster he could find. He proceeded to the waiting car.

Getting in, he saluted Pa Williams who was seated with his fingers interlocked, he was wearing a white flowing agbada and a frown on his face, Pa Williams spoke immediately he got in.

“Jinadu, get down, you take the other car, my boy here will drive.” Pa Williams instructed his driver while he too was getting down from the car and moved to the passenger seat of the car. The guard took this cue and went to take the keys off the Driver.
“You are wasting government time, let’s move.” Obviously one of Pa Williams odd jokes, the driver giggled, The Guard didn’t, he didn’t see the need to. He was now starting the car and Pa Williams was battling with his seat belt because of the Agbada he was wearing. Now that was funny but he couldn’t laugh at that also.

They were on the road, the windows were rolled up , so as to let the air conditioning circulate and Pa Williams was finally able to get his seat belt fixed .
“So this strange report you sent to me would you care to elaborate?”
“Yes Sir, at about 9:45am on the 1st of December, Mr. Williams Junior ,your son sent me a security errand for Mr Sesan. Mr Sesan would not appear until 12:18 pm sir. On getting back the present Mrs Williams looked pale and seemed to want to relay something to me. She mentioned your name once or twice in attempted conversation and then said to help her get a deodorant.”
“Interesting, where is Mrs Williams presently?”
“She went to get her passport done, Steve is with her, I am not on duty today.”
“What do you think is going on?”
“I have no way to say sir.”
“Come on, it is me, tell me what you think happened between the hours of 9:45am and 12:18pm.”
“ I think Mr. Sesan had his way with her again, I feel he threatened her with a grievous harm this time then he made his way back to me”
“Precisely my thoughts...that boy is playing a game and he is too sloppy, he is enjoying himself too much. I wonder why Zandra keeps this to herself. The answer lies in their past I presume, has she let anything out to you?”
“No, she just had one of her nightmares again last night. She would never say anything about him, I feel she is still thinking about her options.”
“Do you think she is in on it or she is enjoying him forcing himself on her.” The guard paused to think for a second, the thought had not occurred to him, she was a crazy one, it was a possibility.
“It is a possibility.”
“Look there is a high probability that Samson, will call you and Steve off her protection detail. I can’t continue to let this go on, I have tried my best but this is insane “
“What do you need me to do?”
“Simple, get me information on Sesan, every God damned thing about him. This kind of person must have tried to cover up his tracks, stir up dirt, see what you find. If you find out he is the son of a respected deceased doctor, whose mother is in the United States, you are looking at a smokescreen, that is the story he has been selling for years.”
“Okay sir. Any further requests Sir?”
“Yes, whatever you find out keep it from me, keep it from me till I ask you”
“Okay sir.”
“That is all.”

At that Pa Williams, rested his back and closed his eyes, he loves whatever little nap he could get. The guard and Pa Williams were alike in that aspect. The Guard’s mind went back to Zandra, what kind of mess was she in, or was she playing an even more elaborate game. He knew Pa Williams, he knew that if she was found to be playing a game, she would have to pay for it with her life and he would have to do it himself. He would hate killing her but if he was commanded to do so, he would.

The Guard’s phone began to vibrate; it was in his front pocket.
“It is either that girl who just brought you down or my son. I am interested if it is my son, if it is the lady I am uninterested”. The guard knew that this was an indirect way of saying, hand me the phone and he did just that.
“It’s my son” there was a pause as Pa Williams read the message, he closed it and handed it back to him to keep in his pocket.
“Well, it seems you are no longer meant to be guarding Zandra, you are redirected to Sesan on loan. Unfortunately you need to do some business for me, so only Steve would go to Sesan we would get someone else to help him. I get that today is your break that means the work starts tomorrow. This is top secret I assume.”
He nodded, it was just like the old times, he loved it.

Ma Funke Williams, 4 th December 2012.
The Williams mansion was bizarrely quite, Ma Williams had checked everywhere but all the servants seemed to be in their quarters, Pa Williams won’t be back till later in the night and frankly she enjoyed it that way, she had been in a hospital with a woman she couldn’t stand watching her, she now needed her privacy. Ma Williams had just woken up from a long siesta and she did not want anyone to come knocking on her door asking for permission for the littlest of things, she needed peace and rest.

Staying in the hospital for those few days with that Zandra girl, really phased her out, while she was happy she had a grandson, it pinched her heart it would come from that LovePeddler, thief and a gold digger. Sometimes she wondered if Zandra cast a spell on her son because it did not seem natural to her that he would go for a pest like that, the mere thought disgusted her and sickened her. Her own precious boy reduced to the level for a tout by having an affair with a cockroach that is only meant for the low- lives, it annoyed her, it disturbed her, and it gave her a head ache.

Ma Williams went into her bathroom and fished out the panadol container from the medicine cabinet; she shoved two in her mouth and drowned it with water. She immediately went back into the room and sat down on a sofa, she didn’t even know she needed to rest this much. Thank God for her husband, who spoke some sense into her. Pa Williams had called her and asked her what she was doing in the hospital catering to a grandson whose mother was there while she abandoned her husband. She gave all the excuses she could give but Pa Williams insisted she come back home, telling her she had to come home to him or he would go and look for somebody half her age to keep in the house. He was joking of course, she was flattered he missed her that much, but her real fear was that she did not trust Zandra.

Zandra always has something coming out from her never ending bag of tricks. God chose to scorn her by giving her a grandson by that woman, she accepted that but she didn’t want to leave that snake alone with her grandson she could stand up and run away with the boy most especially as Samson has called of the guards. Ma Williams was also very suspicious of that Conakry guard , he would smile at Zandra, Zandra would go out to meet him, chat for a few minutes then come back in, she had even tried to eavesdrop once but she did not hear what they were saying, but whatever it was, she knew would it could not be good. It couldn’t be more than they were sleeping together , planning to sleep together or planning how to steal from them. She kept on warning her son about this nonsense harlot of a girl but he will not listen, the after effect was that she ran off, came back with a sick child she did not take care of and she is sleeping with The Guard. She doesn’t even know why her husband trusts that guard, because he is not doing his work, she would tell him, they have to fire him.

Luckily enough she met Sesan on her way out of the hospital, she told him how her husband was adamant to get her out of there, she didn’t fail to mention the situation she noticed between The Guard and Zandra and how he should warn Samson about the harlot he was protecting. Sesan had said he had brought his wife for some check up, explained how shocked he was by what Ma Williams noticed and reassured her he would have a chat with Samson but she should be aware they had taken off the guards from surveillance, but that Guard could sneak back anytime and she would have given them free space as she was not there anymore.

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sesan calmed her nerves down and told her not to worry; he will help Samson see the light. That boy was such a God-sent, may God let this one child they are struggling to keep stay, she knew the trauma of looking for a child because she experienced it before she could beget Samson, she had even lost hope but Pa Williams would pinch her cheeks playfully as she seats down thinking in a corner, then make fun of her that she would kill herself with hypertension and how he should be the one thinking because people would think he was impotent. When she tries to shoo him off he would respond saying “So you really think I am impotent, I will show you today.” And he would show her by carrying her off to the bed. Other times when he found her weeping in a corner he would join her in weeping, then gently clean off her tears. He would tell her a joke, try to make her laugh, if all failed he would make funny faces, but at the end of all he would say. “I am happy I have you, nothing else matters.” She was indeed lucky to have a man like him and she would do anything for him. When they found out they were having Samson, a new honey moon phase started. Those were old and wonderful memories, she had to deal with the bitter one now , the realization that the only child she had was throwing his life away because of a woman, when he could have the best in the world.

She didn’t understand it, all through her stay in the hospital, she watched the girl intently, she could not read her, sometimes Ma Williams felt pity for Zandra because she seemed to be genuinely struggling with some demon but she reminded herself again, if she did not have a loose life none of them would be in that position. She would have even accepted her if she was an ordinary primary school teacher but this one was a public toilet that likes money, a terrible combination, because a toilet always flushes out whatever you put in it.

She had been open to the rehabilitation of Zandra, helped to propagate the lies in the papers that the lady marrying her son was a Nigerian who grew up in Canada, who worked for a nongovernmental organization, it was when she lobbied the Williams foundation for cash that she met Samson and the love for her grew because of Zandra’s kind heart. She just could not go in public announcing to the world that her son had lost his marbles chosing the human queen of the night for himself and not the scented flower. She fought vehemently the stories that said Samson ever dated the actress Francesca, although she knew it was the truth, but this humanitarian lady story had to sell. Two governor’s wives had called her when they saw the news, asking if she really knew who this Canadian lady was, because it seemed she had something to do with their husbands. She had told them, people resemble themselves. She fought so hard so that everything seemed perfect, even though the black book of this girl was filled up, and obviously her son was a virgin compared to this lady.

That did not phase her, she wanted her son to be happy, she introduced Zandra to the la crème de la crème of all, the designers, the ex first ladies, the entertainers, which she seemed to know most of, she introduced her to the best people so that she would easily mix with them and be caught in pictures with them. She personally took the reins of the wedding arrangement, Zandra had followed her like an eager to learn puppy dog and that was the beginning of their very short friendship. She found out Zandra could be extremely funny, she knew how to get people to reduce whatever exorbitant price they imposed, Zandra had even tried to teach her a dance step. She opened the doors of her home to this woman, she gave her a clean slate to start her life over but what does she do, she opts and runs off. People are ridiculous.

Ma Williams glanced at the time, it was six thirty, it was almost time for her to cook dinner, whenever she or her husband were away for such a long time, her husband loved her preparing his meals for him, he would at times when he was angry reject her food, she giggled at the thought of this, that man was a big baby in an adult body.

Ma Williams changed the sleep wear she had on to a more comfortable clothing, she began to calculate what he might probably want, she didn’t want to call him before he says he wants bush meat stew, which she knew there was none left at home. She would just normally default to pounded yam with vegetable stew, garnished with peppered snails, he likes that one a lot also, so he won’t mind if she served him with goat, beef or chicken which he detests. The only thing now is that she needed to ring one of the maids, so that she would pound the yam. She couldn’t even wait for him to get back home, she really wanted to see him, she had missed him and his ways and she felt the guilt of leaving him for a while but in her defence they agreed together, that she would stay back and look after the boy, whilst also monitoring Zandra. If she knew her husband as she did, Zandra would still be under surveillance, but that would be a topic for another day. If she brought this one up now when he comes back, they will not sleep.

When she got to the bottom of the stair case, she could hear soft music playing in one of the rooms, she hated it when these people leave appliances on without minding it, she would give somebody a load of tongue lashing for this, she hates wasting and noise, she has to go switch it off herself.

When she opened the doors of the room, the small anger she had in her mind melted away in an instant and a huge smile replaced it. She couldn’t help it; she had to burst into a short laugh. Then she fixed her eyes back on her husband who was the reason for her laughter, of course his plan was to pleasantly surprise her and it worked. He had put a lot of thought into this, he was wearing a replica of the cloth he wore when they met and the room was redone in such a way that it looked like the party they had met so many years ago.

“Did I shock you my dear?”
“ So this is why the maids are nowhere to be found, oga’s madness has driven them away...I feel a bit under dressed for this party .” came the reply, Ma Williams was clutching the sleeves of her overall, smiling and grinning from ear to ear, she couldn’t believe he remembered. He had always forgotten for the past twoyears and she would subtly remind him, and then tease him about how he has lost his touch for the romantic. He would tell her to go to the market to find out if she could get any man like him. She continued.
“You are a silly, silly man you know that?”
“Yes I know and is that why you poured water on my face the very first time we met! By the way so you do not have a heart attack, I didn’t send all of them to their quarters, fours of the helps are around, to serve us tonight. I would have done all the work, but you know I am terribly busy and I am also a horrible cook.” She continues smiling at him; he was indeed a horrible cook. If he puts water on fire, the water would fail to boil.
“You had just told my friend that she was possessed and needed to go and throw herself in front of a trailer.”
“She annoyed me, she was my girl friend.”
“You were a terrible boy friend.”
“You are a terrible friend and a boyfriend snatcher.”
“For God’s sake we didn’t date until you two broke up.”
“yes but I started to fall for you that very night.”
“Well the water must have woken your senses.”
“Are you going to stand there and not come and hug your husband, this cloth is very uncomfortable O.” Ma Williams laughed, this man would never cease to amaze her and she loved him with all her heart, she rushed into his arms hugged him and placed her head on his chest.”
“I have missed your eccentric ways Damola....this is a special occasion, let me go back upstairs to change.”
“No, you are always more gorgeous than me when you dress up; let me be the good looking one today.” Ma Williams giggled like a school girl; he always knew what to say. She rested her head well on his chest and they moved gently to the music together, she felt twenty -four again and that headache was gone.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by kinxen(f): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
All I can say is more more more more!! tongue I knw I sound oliver twist rite nw buh jst cnt help it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) / My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 370
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.