Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) (34768 Views)

..............how I Wished I Never Accepted Him.......complete story / Xeniaonatopp's The Woman He Wish He Never Met. / Untitled Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by shaks97(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
this story is too sweet to be a fiction
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by joshmoy(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
nice work @ op buh i think u guyz should check dis out?? it wont hurt www.nairaland.com/1303810/false-pretenses
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Ice4jez(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
The story I wish I neva read
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by repogirl(f): 5:54am On Dec 25, 2013
Ice4jez: The story I wish I neva read

Hope u aren't talking bout false pretenses? I've bin updating nao and it will end next week.

sorry for derailing xenia but these long waits are killing, I understand u r busy sha. Will keep reading whenever you can update, this story is intriguing, can't wait to see where it goes.

@joshmoy, I see u, bin a while, compliments
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2013
Hey guys. So I am just reading all the comments and shame dey catch me(covers face) . I had written a post since last week tuesday but for the life of me I have not been able 2 make a post on here.

I really don't want to keep disappointing you guys but wishes aren't horses for me. This is one of the parts of my life that has to give.

I am currently not with my laptop because I have to move around a lot today but when I get to it later today. I will make that post. The next post will come on thursday or friday next week because that is when my one week break starts. Cheers you guys. Happy Holidays. Xoxo.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yaaaaaay!!!
She's back
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ Scon-P (Big smile) glad u love the hugs cos me I enjoy am pass u. Thank you for being patient darl.

@Stefikal. Sweetie I swear I didn't know you write until I saw your story on the board. Chai I don book mark that page. Ghen Ghen go happen for there. Thank you for the encouragement darl.

@ice4jez. Kai y u just want give me heart attack like this? Now you love my story, tomorrow u wish u never read it? Kai I no go fit eat again cos of u O. Oya sorry na, can I bribe u with coke or fanta?

@Candis009 shey you know say I fit risk this 14 years jail sentence because of you right? You a rock star darl.

@ Princessa. Hey dear you know I saw your story and had to pause what I was doing to read? I didn't know you write also. Damn girl! I know what I am doing during my break. Its hot chocolate mornings and taking chances.

@Hardeluv. Sweety your words are far too kind. God bless you for me.

@Ony073 dear. Thank you for reading darl. I am sorry this update took longer than usual. Please help me manage it and my behaviour.

@Candy. My yummy yummy chocolate flavored Candy. Thank you darl. It delights me that you are enjoying the story. Sending you a big piece of my heart. You lovely. Darling pls forgive me for posting late. I have that sickness I have found out. I am looking for a cure.

@Soul Minister you are so wrong. Shakespeare, Sidney Sheldon, Voltaire, Jeffery Archer etc. Fantastic male authors, so what will now hold back a genius like you? Btw I really don't think I am as good as the people you mentioned. I may have a good story but I lack experience and technique. Thank you for enjoying it sweetie. Looking forward to reading you. Hugs and kiss.

@FKforyou. My personal person. Please that Isi-ewu and beer na me send waiter make them bring am for you. Na because of the ginger you dey give me for here. Chop Kilz....Bigone.

@shaks97. Samson's name sake, I see that you are enjoying the story still. Chop knuckle boss. Gbogbo bigz boys things.

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Samson, Saturday, 11 June 2005
He really did not want to call her and he knew he was committing a worse crime by coming to her house. The pain he felt when he was last there resurfaced as he looked at the spot where she told him off, letting him know that he was not currently needed. He shouldn’t be back here but yet here he was at her door like Aladdin returning to the treasure cave where he would be trapped; pressing the buzzer instead of saying open seseme and wondering what she would say when she sees him. He should have held back, not call or come to her but he really was not in the mood to play games, he just wanted to get it all over with. It was either she stays or leaves; there was no way he would allow her to continue toying around. He wanted her back in his house wearing shorts, making meals and teasing him. He was demented to wish this he knew, but his common sense could not block it away.

The door flung open and there was Zandra standing there in a pale pink dressing gown, her hair was wrapped in a towel and her mouth was foaming with toothpaste with the tooth brush still in it.

“Hi, I didn’t want to call as you predicted. So I came over.” She rolled her eyes and left the door ajar while she went back in. He followed suit. Patricia was in the lounge area so he did the correct thing by saying his hello and she waved back at him. He wondered why she didn’t answer the door, but quickly let it go, he was there because of this vixen that didn’t want to take him seriously.

Now in Zandra’s room, he noticed that everything was topsy-turvy, it only meant one thing and that was she was preparing to go out, she was usually well coordinated so that was the only reason the room would be a mess. His heart sank a little when the idea that she might be going to see a client occurred to him. She was in the bathroom brushing her teeth and he sat down on the small place that was devoid of clothes at the edge of her bed. When she finally surfaced from the bathroom with the towel in her hair gone, she motioned to him to pass her the hair drier which laid close to him. He did this promptly, he didn’t understand why he wasn’t talking but whatever he wanted to say will surely drown over the noise of the drier, which she had just switched on. So he yelled.

“Francesca is getting married today.”
“What?” she said stopping the hair drier.
“I said Francesca is getting married today.”
“Yeah I know, that’s what I am preparing for.” He didn’t know if he should be appalled or astonished but he was relieved it was not a client.
“You know about this how?” She had put back on the hair drier so he had to yell again.
“I introduced them, you know trade by barter so I could have you free.” She yelled back.
“Now I am a commodity?”
“No you are not……please come and help me with my hair. I will bend my head down so you dry the hair, that way it is faster. I don’t want to be late. You are coming right?”
“What? No”
“No to the hair or to the party?”
“To the party” he said taking the dryer off her hand.
“Why? It would be fun.”
“ I think it is a little bit obvious why.”
“Bollocks, if you are pictured there it will lend credibility to the story she is telling that the whole thing about your proposal was just publicity for the movie and she had secretly been dating Ishmael all along, she didn’t want the press to intrude on her privacy.” She bent her head down as she said and he switched on the drier.
“There is a preplanned story?”
“Of course there is a preplanned story, everybody saw your engagement besides you have to save face.” She directed his hand to where she wanted the heat most.
“This is incredible, you shouldn’t be a military general, you would plan a coup.”
“Come on, it’s elementary. You have been dating her for four years without a ring, you finally do give a ring and you end up playing games with me. It does damage a girl’s self esteem, besides society has been pressuring her. Why shouldn’t she jump into the arms of a sure thing which I was ready to provide.”
“She was meant to be in love with me.” He said not knowing exactly why a woman would want to leave him.
“Sorry darling, but what is it they say about everyman having his price? Hers was security over love. You couldn’t provide that. Or I made her think you couldn’t…….okay that’s fine stop the drier, the hair is dry.”
“You are a dangerous conniving machine you know this right?” He watched as she applied moisture to her hair, tying it into a ponytail, then wearing her wig cap. She didn’t answer his accusation; it was like she was mocking him to deal with it. She moved to the bed and picked up two clothes a gold and a lilac one. She brandished it in her front and he knew she was asking her to make a decision for her.
“Gold.”
“Thank you, I like the gold better also.” She then moved to her mirror and started to apply her makeup.
“Look I need to talk to you.” He couldn’t stand the playing around anymore.
“Listening.”
“Are you ready to have an exclusive relationship with me? By exclusive I mean no clients, no Sean. Just you and I. I don’t believe you went through all the trouble to get me out of an engagement to want us to play around.”
“Okay.”
“Okay what?”
“I told you, you would call me.”
“Yes you did. I can’t have you as a side lover as you suggested. It has to be the real thing.” She dropped her powder brush and turned to look at him.
“I do want the real thing with you.”
“Then let’s do it.” She smiled at him and returned to her makeup. It was done very unceremoniously, they had a deal and they were going to see where this would lead them. If nothing comes out of it, he could say it was fun. She wasn’t exactly the kind of woman that would make his mother happy, but she sure did make him happy and that was enough.

“First girlfriend request is to come with me to this party. I am not going to be available for pictures but you can take some so people see you were there.” He didn’t like the shade of red she was using on her lips.
“That red doesn’t suit you. I think it makes you look old.”
“Oh thank you,” she took some tissue and removed it then fished for a lighter shade, which he didn’t comment about.
“You really want me to come for this wedding don’t you?”
“Yes.” He thought for a second with his hands in his pocket looking at her, heck there was nothing wrong about going to your ex-fiancee’s wedding with the girl who stole the ring you were meant to initially propose to her and broke your engagement when you finally proposed to your previous dream woman.
“Do I look good enough?” He found himself asking, he knew his jeans and t-shirt wouldn’t suffice.
“No, we will drive to your place first and you change into a tuxedo. You are driving by the way. This whole set of gorgeousness can’t be bothered by driving. It’s too much work.”
“Yes madam.” She was one huge risk, he was taking. He didn’t know why he was taking the risk, but heck, you never know. “I have this beach house at Tarkwa bay, do you want to come there for the weekend? We go after the wedding” He knew she was going to say yes. There was no way she was going to say no.
“ I packed for your house, I guess I can include some beach wears.”
“What a manipulative cunning vixen you are.”
“That’s why you can’t stop thinking about me.”
She was right, that was why he couldn’t stop thinking about her.

Saturday Night
They were laid on a mat watching the clear night sky on the roof of his house in a transparent tent. The tent had cushions and fluffy pillows in crimson arranged in a circular motion but for some reason Zandra had chosen to lie on the mat on the floor, dragging him down to it, she said it was easier to watch the night sky that way. He didn’t care to counter her claims.

Serenity was an understatement of how he felt, they had left the wedding early so they could hitch a ride to Lagos in a friend’s private jet, but he didn’t really think he attended the wedding. He and Zandra were in a corner engrossed in the other, he found pleasure stroking her legs and he found himself kissing her occasionally, on the lips, on the hands on the neck, he couldn’t bear to turn his eyes away from her for a second. The guests who were seated next to them and others who walked up to them to mingle were soon ignored, he was annoyed at the photographers who distracted Zandra. She always turned her face away when they were around or she held her clutch up high to cover her face. He had asked her why she kept doing that and she said she couldn’t be on the pages of magazines, it was bad for her. It had saddened him because he knew that it meant she was hiding from Sean or didn’t want to be on because a famous face turned off her clients, one of her best bargaining power was her anonymity. He knew he would have to deal with it later.

When Francesca came to the table to say her thank you’s, he felt a pang of guilt. Not because he was with Zandra but because Francesca looked so beautiful in her wedding wear, he realized he had deprived this woman of a piece that would make her happy for a long time. He had been wrong, selfish and guilty. He had gotten up to hug her, he had told her she looked happy and he was happy she was happy. She had thanked him and told him he and Zandra looked in love. That gave him more joy than he could ever imagine. He knew right there that he wanted to marry Zandra. It was funny, seeing Francesca married made him know that was what he wanted with Zandra. Life and its ironies.

Now watching her in the tent, Zandra laid cupped against his body, so that he was spooning her and he could sense that she was dozing off. They didn’t make love they just cuddled and held each other. She revealed more and more about herself but she made no mention of Sean except when he asked. He knew that she had not left Sean no matter how she continually repeated that he was out of her life when he asked her about him. He was wise enough to know that Sean couldn’t leave her with just a click and a snap. It hurt him that she was lying but he wanted her still , it was against his principles but for her he was making an exception. So he decided to ask her.

“Will you marry me?” She was drowsy with sleep he had whispered it into her ears and waited for a reaction which came as a tired moan.
“So you choose me after your lover left you?”
“You made her leave me.”
“So what’s your point?”
“Marry me.” She turned to face him, she seemed less drowsy and cupped his cheek, then kissed his lips tenderly. God he loved her, it was wrong but he did, his mother will have a heart attack.
“I know I have a ring already but what of the grand gesture and the theatrics?” She said sticking out her tongue at him.
“That ring will become a necklace, you have always worn it that way. I want you to design your ring yourself, pick the stones, whatever you want. You are unique I want you to run the show.” She burst into tears, he wasn’t sure what to do. Was she manipulating him again or this was the real thing? “ Are you crying for real?” He managed to ask but she didn’t reply so he just hugged her and let her sob it out.
“Yes” came a tiny voice from her, the most gentle voice from her.
“Yes what?”
“I will, but I think you may be making a mistake”
“I think so also, but we can always give it a try. I’ll let you go if you can’t stay I promise.”
“I want to stay.”
“Then stay.”
“Even with my horrible past?”
“Don’t worry my mother will make that go away.” He was still holding her afraid she may change her mind. He knew deep in him that letting her go will hurt him in every way possible and he was petrified he may have to let her go, so he held her tight, he wanted her to be born again.
“ I think she hates me.” Her face was pressed against his chest so her words came out in muffles but the tears were gone.
“yes she does, she told you didn’t she at that dinner we had. She said she hated glorified payed lovers.”
“Yes she did.”
“ She indulges me, so don’t worry she will accept you.”
“Why?”
“Why what?”
“Why are you choosing me?”
“I don’t know why did you steal my engagement ring and wallet? We would be strangers if you didn’t, so this is your entire fault.”
“I wanted to make a quick buck.”
“hmmm…I want to make a honest woman out of a thief! Perhaps I should have a rethink.” She gave him a little punch, so he fell to the floor as if she had done him great harm. She bent down worried that she had indeed hurt him but when she saw the smirk on his face she punched him again and he pretended like it was a fatal blow laying almost lifeless on the floor. He squinted his eyes to see her reaction and he could see that she was staring at him, smiling. “Won’t you give me the kiss of life?” he asked wondering why she had not done what he would have done.

“Dead people don’t talk you know.”She was a stubborn one, so he dragged her down towards him and kissed her rolling her over so she was beneath him and her left leg was circled around his body. “Dead people don’t do this also Samson.”
“I am not dead.”
“Yes I can feel it” She said indicating that she felt the increasing swelling between his legs.
“I am besotted by you. I think you make me do illogical things.”
“Same here, you have derailed everything I stand for.”
“I hope that is a good thing.”
“I hope so.” He realized that she was also taking a risk more than he had thought about. She had planned her life according to this Sean individual and he was there crumbling the walls and empowering a resistance against his tyranny. He felt good about this, for some reason it boosted his ego, he might be a pervert but he couldn’t help it.

“Will you be mine and mine alone?”
“I want to be.”
“But you can’t?”
“I can” He knew this was a lie , he could hear Sean lurking in the shadow of her voice as she lied to his face. He was incredibly disappointed that he couldn’t throw her out when it was obvious she was lying to him.
“I know he is there.”
“Who?”
“Sean.”
“ He is gone from here.”
“But he still has your heart.”
“No, he has my loyalty.”
“You would go back to him then?” His voice croaked as he said this, as it dawned on him he may have to share her all his life. He was not good at sharing his favorite things. He was the only son and he had always had what he wanted, if someone else wanted to share and he liked the person he would simply buy a replica for the fellow. He didn’t share his things especially the woman he loved and wanted to marry. It sank his heart. So he let go of her and laid on his back, putting his hand behind his head watching the sky, while wondering why exactly he got himself into this mess. It was an investment in his life and by all means of analysis this may be a bad one except in some way he was able to reinvent it and it looked like a hard task. Yet he could not get his mind off this high drug she fed him, he was a junkie for her. She had laid back down and put her head on his chest while wrapping an arm around him. The sound of the waves form the beach filled the silence until she broke it.
“Why is your heart going so fast.”
“ I don’t know, you tell me.”
“Have I done something wrong?”
“No, why?”
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
“You seem angry at me.”
“I am not.” It was a lie, he was angry at her and himself.
“ Do you want to listen to my own heart beat?” He knew she sensed something was wrong so she changed the topic, he would oblige her, she was smart, she should be, she has had so many lovers and was trained to please men. He wondered if truly he would go with this, perhaps what he had to do was take a break from work and go somewhere with her. He would bang her brains out for a week treat her like a piece of meat, maybe if he did that he would get tired of her and be weaned off her. He could start now but he knew he didn’t want to right now, he was a mould of clay and wasn’t shaped for anything. He turned her over and placed his head on her chest under her left bosom and he listened to how the heart beat went from slow to fast in an instant. He closed his eyes as she started to play with the hair on his head, stroking his head in appropriate places.

“Your heartbeat is fast as well.”
“Yes, it quickened when you placed your head there.” She cooed with a childlike innocence
“So what will it do if I placed my hand just right here?” He said as he put his hand on her chest mound.
“ I think it may quicken more but you may be paying attention to the wrong area.
“ You are naughty .”
“Yes I am.”
“ I am rarely in this position.”
“What position?”
“My head on a woman’s chest.”
“I guess there is a first time for everything.” He was still playing with her so she answered in soft whispers and let out a moan. He loved when she did that, he also knew how easy it would be for her to fake these things, that dampened his spirit.”
“Do you fake anything with me?”
“What do you mean?”
“The kisses, the moans, you coming.” She gave a snicker, why was she laughing this was a serious issue.
“We have only made love once and I wanted it then. I didn’t only want it I let myself go completely and let you have the whole of me. I have never done that with anyone even with Sean. I always to it because I felt it was my duty. I didn’t do that with you. I even said to myself that if you didn’t want to I would make you do it out of pity. You are the first man I voluntarily gave myself to and nothing was fake about it. It was real.” They could hear the waves again and he knew he could not enact the plan of getting tired of her, he would only want more of her, it felt like he had a virus and she was the usual dosage of calm to ease the disease off him. An incurable disease and a cure he was getting addicted to .
“We should get married you know?”
“Hmm. If we are to we shouldn’t rush like Francesca and Ishmail, no one is chasing us.” He actually wanted to marry her so she wouldn’t change her mind or have Sean do what he does best with her.
“ Do you want to slow down because of Sean?”
“Sean is not a problem.” She was still stroking his head, he hated that she was lying, he may be paranoid but he felt firmly that she was lying.
“Okay.” He was now scratching the mat on the ground with his blunt nails, this was what she did to him, she made him an infant. That was what felt strange about the whole thing, him putting his head on her chest, allowing her to get away with everything. It dawned on him that he was helpless with her, he didn’t have his war mask and armor on and he was okay with it. It scared him, how could he be okay with it?
“Let’s go swimming.” She announced all of a sudden
“What? You are crazy, it’s past midnight.”
“So? The beach is quite it will be perfect for us.”
“You are crazy, I am not going anywhere tonight.”
“Okay don’t. I will.” She declared pulling herself from him and removing clothes .
“Wait, are you really going there and without clothes?”
“Yep.”
“You are crazy. What about the cold?”
“You will join me, so I’ll be warm.”
“You are out of your mind if you think I will come with you.” He watched as she finally stripped bare, all the curves in place just like the first time he saw her. This image turned him on a lot.
“You will come find me, you want me.” She said as she coyly glanced towards the bulge in his lower region, she blew him a kiss and proceeded to the stairs that led down to the beach. He got up and went to see if she really would go and there she was sprinting towards the water and jumping into it. She must have done this a thousand times in her village stream. He watched as she bathed and he felt like David watching Bathsheba, the only difference was that he knew he couldn’t call people to fetch this one for him, he had to go get her himself. So he removed the pieces of clothing he had on and went to look for her.

When she sighted him, she beckoned to him to join her, how could he deny himself and her the pleasure? So within minutes he was swimming alongside her. The water felt refreshing and for some reason he believed there was nothing else that could be right for him than what he was doing this moment. They played a little game of catch me if you can in the waters, where she kept swimming away from him while he tried to catch her.

Soon they were laying in the sand by the shore and occasionally the waves came to wash away specks of sand off their bodies, while adding to other places. He had caught her and dragged her back to shore and laid her on the floor, her hands were around his neck and he showered her with kisses while she moaned.
“July 30th” He finally said breaking their lack of verbal interaction.
“Urh?”
“Its your birthday. July 30th.” Another wave hit them up again tingling their bodies.
“ I have never had a birthday.”
“So we throw a big party for you. It will be our official coming out party and you can wear your ring there.”
“God, you do love putting up a show don’t you?”
“I do. You know this now.”
“I agree, as long as it won’t leak into the papers.”
“Do you mean you want me to hide you? I can’t. I am not ashamed of you or us.”
“ I know but please do not invite the press. I know it may be good as Francesca is married for them to see you with another woman, but I cannot be seen with you on the pages of a magazine.”
“Sod Francesca and her wedding. Are you scared of all the other men? They won’t touch you as long as you are with me and there will be no defaming of you I promise.”
“No, I can handle those. I just don’t want a circus.”
“Why, because of Sean?”
“Please stop bringing him up, it is annoying.” She turned her face away from him to show her spite. He turned it back to face him.
“Why then?”
“I just don’t want it. Stop nagging me about it and Sean. In fact I do not want a birthday party anymore.” She pulled herself away from the knot they had formed and was about to get up when he pulled her down again.
“What is your problem? What? Why do you think giving up and walking away is the best thing to do. You always walk away from me when I bring up sensitive issues.”
“Let me go Samson. They are sensitive issues for a reason.” Her tone was hash and pained.
“No.”
“Let me go” This time she accompanied it, with a slap which turned his face left. He turned his face back towards her, resisting the urge to shake this lady he allows to maltreat him violently.
“No. Not letting you go anywhere, do your worst at most you will end us and I will let you go. Tell me you don’t want me or whatever you feel for me is a lie and I will let you go.” He watched her breathing, scared for a second that he was really holding her against her will but she didn’t answer she turned her face away again.
“Stop asking me about Sean. I do not like it. He is not part of us.”
“But can’t you see he is part of us? You jump to his tune, you remain loyal to him, you ask how high when he asks you to jump.”
“I said he is gone, he is not part of us. I will handle it.”
“Will, so you haven’t handled it when you said you had?”
“Yes.”
“Will you handle it now or you want me to?” He had always known so it wasn’t a shock.
“No I will….I am sorry I lied I just wanted to be back with you. He is difficult to shake off, he raised me.”
“I know.” It hurt him more than he realized but gazing into her eyes he realized that she was more in confusion and pain than he was, she was truly defenseless and he wanted to protect her with everything he had. He buried his head on her chest as it dawned on him that he was defenseless against her, defenseless like the day he was born, defenseless like he was lying there unclad with her.“ I wish I knew you before him.” He finally quipped.

“ I think if you did I would have been adopted by your parents. We would be a taboo.”
“You have a weird mind Zandra.”
“No please call me Temitope that’s my real name.”
“Temitope, Temitope, Temitope.” He sampled the name in his mouth “it doesn’t sound right.”
“Well that’s my name.”
‘ I know I saw it on your birth certificate.” A big wave came and washed them up again.
“why do you go out of your way for me? Take me home, face my mama, spoil me, those things and more.”
“ I don’t know, you do things to me no one has. I am in love with you.”
“You make it hard not to love you Samson.” She said tweaking his nose.
“ I am glad.” He bent down to kiss her and she wrapped her legs around him , he felt her raise her lower body towards him. So he took her cue and met her halfway easing himself into her. “ I love you Temitope.” He said looking at her, her eyes were closed but she opened them as he said those words.
“I love you too Samson.” Her eyes were innocent and clear; they dug into his soul, so he didn’t doubt her words, as he saw hers through his. She removed her hands which were placed on his shoulders and circled his neck drawing him closer to her. “ I love you like I have loved nobody else. “ she whispered to him as their body gyrated and the waters of the beach danced behind them, occasionally washing them as it was its nature to come to shore. He closed his eyes. He was a happy man.

Zandra. Thursday 23 June 2005
The dining was set, she quickly scanned the table knowing that the last bit that was missing was the warmer of coconut rice she just placed on it. She was in Sesan’s apartment waiting for him to get back from work, she didn’t have to wait long anymore as the sound of opening of the automated garage door declared his arrival, so she breathed in and out. She took another deep breath, and mentally cautioned herself to allow him finish the food walk away from him keeping a distance then break up with him. She held with her a little knife in her shorts just in case he got violent. She would stab his hand and run away, she hoped this messed up plan would work and there would be no need to use the knife. There was no way she could keep living a double life with Samson, it was bad for them and unfair on him. Sesan could marry Marilyn, it was a simple solution and everybody will be happy.

“That smells nice.” It was Sesan coming in and throwing his keys on the table, while walking up to her to give her a squeeze from behind, she turned her face towards him and he kissed her. “I can’t wait I am famished.”
“Dig in then, its coconut rice and some grilled chicken as u requested. Ice cream is still in the fridge and you can start with the catfish pepper soup.”
“You spoil me. I had been dreaming of your delicacies all day, even when I was away. That’s why I called you to come today.” He came back the previous night and immediately let her know she was needed.
“Thank you….Marilyn doesn’t cook does she?” she found herself asking, for some reason she was severely irritated. He had begun to irritate her recently but she dared not show him.
“Nah we always go out.” She nodded, he loosened his tie and gave it to her, she folded it neatly and went to drop it in his bed room, when she came back into the dinning he was already eating so she went to the other room to mentally prepare herself, he could take care of himself couldn’t he? There was no need feeling sorry for him about her leaving. She was pacing up and down, the urge to do it kept on growing till the point that she couldn’t wait for the meal to finish, so she went back into the dining making sure that he was at a distance, she counted up to three then let loose her mind.

“I want a break up Sesan. I want out. I need out.” He sat comfortably on the chair, but soon he dropped the spoon he was just about to put in his mouth calmly and directed his gaze towards her.
“Why the sudden the change of heart Temi?”
“ I want to be with somebody else.”
“Our rich benefactor, who stopped you from turning tricks while I was gone?”
“Yes.”
“Who is this mystery man?”
“You’ll know when the time is right.
“Fine you can go to him.”
“Are you serious?” She didn’t think it would be that easy.
“Yes I cannot hold you back, your wish is to be with someone else.”
“ I am so relieved. So glad you can see sense. This way you can marry Marilyn and I can go my own way to do my own thing, we can still be friends.”
“Why would I marry Marilyn? I am not a traitor like you.”
“I am not a traitor, how can you call me a traitor?”
“Yes you are a traitor. You get a taste of what wealth is and you run away from your roots detaching yourself.” She could tell he was angry so she dug her hands into her shorts to feel the knife, just in case he launched towards her but he didn’t he just sat there shaking his head furiously.
“I am not running away from my root.”
“Then what are you doing?.....tell me.” He yelled stomping his fists on the table, she held on to the knife, she had angered him.
“I want to live a better life not sleep around to make ends meet. I am more than that.”
“I can hear your rich benefactor talking. Your brain has been evacuated. Where was he back in the hood when we had nothing to survive? He was drinking tea and pooping flowers. Where was he when I fought to keep you alive. I have risked my life for you numerous times and what has this one done for you? Give you money to sleep with you! Something all other men have been doing for years. Do you think most of those men will not put you in their homes as trophies if you let them? So I leave you for a while and you are telling me to go and marry Marilyn while you cavort with some rich basterd. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed.”

She didn’t know what to say, was he right? Was she another object of lust that a man wanted? Was she really betraying Sesan. It was true Sesan had been there for her all her life and now she wanted to leave him. He could be mean sometimes but he always comes right. No matter how he maltreated her he would apologize, let her know and realize that he had been angry. Samson rarely got pissed at her but he may be pretending.

“He is not what you described. He doesn’t get angry, he also is nice and he is doesn’t want me for my body.”
“But he gave you cash “
“Yes.”
“Has anybody ever given you cash for free?”
“He gave me for free .”
“If I am correct this guy who can afford to pay you off is a billionaire and can spend money how he pleases because it is an available resource. He can afford to give you cash free till he gets what he wants. You thrill him…….why did your first husband want to marry you.”
“He was fat and slobby and couldn’t get a decent girl.”
“Is this one fat and slobby?”
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
No, he can get anybody he wants.”
“And it doesn’t seem odd that he is choosing you. Even though he can get anybody he wants…..you are a play thing an expensive toy and you used to be smarter by making all the rules but you are now selling out. You will be discarded when you cease to amuse him. When another hot attention grabbing specimen or a modest woman comes along, do not come back to me when this happens, I will not be there.”
“It’s not true. He…. He…. He.” Nothing could come out of her, she didn’t know what to say. He may be right and he may not be right. There was no real way of her knowing except she took a leap but then Sesan would say she left him for wealth. Sesan stood up and walked past her to a shelf. He fished out a box from there and brandished a ring when he opened it.

“Look what I got us.” Now she really didn’t know what to say. “ I will have to return it now that my greatest fear has come to be.”

Zandra found herself on her knees, it was true she was ungrateful; this was what they had always discussed about. He would marry her after all what they had gone through and they would have won the world together. It was so wrong of her to have fallen in love with Samson. What on earth was she thinking? She knew deep down in her that she couldn’t help it. She really shouldn’t have enabled him, she really shouldn’t have enjoyed his presence, she really shouldn’t have laughed at all his jokes. She really shouldn’t have let him in. she was a doomed woman.
“ I am sorry. I am sorry” she knew nothing else she could say, she was wrong.
“You see why I always like to manage everything? It is because of weaknesses like this. You do not know when you are being played. I cannot believe you.” He was towering her and she could see the veins rising in his neck, his Adams apple threatening her. She didn’t know what to do. So she grabbed his leg and pleaded desperately. For some reason she could feel Samson’s presence behind her, ashamed of her, hurt at her betrayal, but what if she was really Samson’s play toy? What if all was not genuine? Sesan was still talking. “I cannot give you this ring now, you have to prove to me that you deserve it. I do not know what has gotten over you.”

For some reason those words did not hurt her, they would have a few months back but they did not, they were like pins to a rock, what was she doing? Why was she groveling? This man right here didn’t excite her and yet there she was cowering like a disgraced slave. She let go of his leg and stood up.

“Proove to you what? Prove to you what? I must prove something to you again?” she was enraged, she wanted to add that he should go and have intercourse with himself but that will be too rude.
“So you don’t want to prove that you love me? That slowpoke has filled your head with nonsense. Go ahead leave me, go to him. Betray me.”
“ I am so tired Sesan. I am so tired. You know with him I do not have to try. I do not have to prove anything to him. I am just me, nothing else.” There was the sound of thunderclaps, it was the sound of his hands making contact rapidly four times with her face at the speed of light. She staggered backwards twice dazed at what just happened. He was shouting something about how dare her compare him to the spoilt brat, but she couldn’t hear properly because she was deafened. She felt for the knife in her pocket it was still there, but she didn’t need to use it. She could just leave.

Slowly, she started walking away using her back, her hands to her face still feeling the after effect of the slaps. He was still shouting and as she moved backwards she saw him follow her. She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t warn him off, she just kept on moving. He was asking her where she was going, she didn’t reply, she turned at the table where she left her car keys and picked it up, he was getting dangerously close so she began to run. He didn’t run after her, he waited to see where she was headed; she knew she was a sight to behold because she knew she was acting like a drunken fool. He didn’t chase her, he didn’t shout for her to get back. He just watched as she ran into her car. She was relieved he didn’t chase, she just had to go. She had to leave. What she wasn’t quite sure of was if she had broken up with Sesan or not. After this talk she knew she wasn’t sure what she wanted to do. If only he didn’t hit her or do the things he did. If only he were only more like Samson.

Her heart was beating fast, she knew she could have a heart attack, she wanted to scream out loud but instead she parked her car at the side of the road and hit the steering wheel repeatedly. When she was spent she just sat there staring at the muted movement of the city. The sound of her phone disturbed her reality, the name Samson popped up on the screen, she didn’t know if she was in the right frame of mind to pick it but she picked it all the same.
“You are running late.”
“Late?”
“Are you okay? You don’t sound good, what’s up do you need me to come over, where are you? I can hear traffic.”
God he was perfect, he knew when she was upset. It dawned on her she was meant to pick him up from work and they were meant to go have dinner together. Crap.

“I can’t make it Samson. I need to be alone today.”
“Have I done something wrong?”
“No. I just want to be alone. I just need to be alone. Is that too much to ask?”
“Fine, as you wish. I am here when you need me.”

She had no idea what she was doing. Why was life so complicated? Samson could be a demon Sesan says and Samson feels strongly that Sesan was a demon. She didn’t know if she should tell all to Samson but that way she would be betraying Sesan. They had made a pact, they were Sango and Oya, they would rule the world together and bring it down but now she wanted to be with Samson. She also could not tell Sesan who Samson was, it would lead to his death and she didn’t want him to die even if he was using her. She hated her life, maybe she needed another slap to get her right. She had to go home, at least that way she could sulk alone.

Getting home, she saw Sesan’s car parked, for a second her tortured mind convinced her to turn around to look for a hotel to stay in, there was no way she could handle another confrontation with him. Then she remembered the knife in her pocket and she knew she would absolutely use it this time around, even before he raises his hand, she will close her eyes and cut him like mince. In fact she removed it and brandished it just as she opened her front door. If Sesan wanted war, she had war.

It was not war he wanted, he was on the floor, and a Nile of blood was trailing from his slit wrists from what looked like a lifeless body. Was he mad? She ran to him and was relieved to see his chest rise up and down. She needed to get help as soon as she can; this day wasn’t exactly her day.

“Why Sesan? Why?” The knife had fallen off her hands, her whole body was trembling. He pointed to a squeezed up note that was stained with his blood. She picked it up with her shaky fingers, It read
“Temi, there is no Sango without Oya. Goodbye.” Her heart sank, she was killing him, how could she be killing him with all they had gone through together. She was the one that was insane. She ran out like a mad woman and began to bang on the door of the apartment opposite to hers. She screamed her lungs out asking for help and when it finally opened. She showed them the blood on her hands; this was enough for them to follow her. She was a quite one she didn’t bother them on a normal day so they must have known this was an emergency.

This sealed it, there was no way she could leave Sesan. She would be a maggot to. She rested her head against the wall as she watched how two men propped Sesan up to take him away. She would have to stay with him in the hospital. She switched off her phone, she didn’t want Samson calling her, it would upset Sesan.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by stefikal(f): 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
This Sesan guy is such a pro when it comes to mind twisting...

Thumbs up Xenia...
Anticipating d next update
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tanx Xenia buh ds s too much for me to handle *sobs*
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by princesa(f): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
It gets more interesting.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by VigorousV(f): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2013
*sobs nd wipes nose* i knw hav nt bin comentin bt i jst finishd it 2day.i so much pity Zandra,her lyf is so much in a mess,i jst wish dat sesan guy wud leave her alon cos she deserves a lyf.i wish Samson dos nt marry Yinka cos i dont tink she is d ryt 1 4 him.bt so far Marvelous is an undastatment cos dis is AWESOME kip it up...plls update ooo.......
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by TIBLOSMITH(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2013
I'v neva bin so swept off my feet dz way by a writer....simply mind blowing. Cheers! cool
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Awesome. Thank you. But seriously Zandra needs a thunderous slap which will bring about a miraculous turnaround of her senses. St...pid lady. Glad its fiction
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmmm... Babe, thanks for making my day! You didn't disappoint with this update at all.
But Sesan's grip on Zandra odikwa tight na, ha ba!

I'm seriously waiting for when you bring us back to 2012 so we ca see how Sesan's bleep up is treated! I truly hope Yinka's as s is dumped as well, she ain't good either.

I'm surprised at how fast Francesca fell out of love with Samson though, unless of course she was only out for his money and name all along!

Good work, you rock!!!
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Fkforyou(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Like seriously the way that zandra behaves atimes makes me want to bang my head on the wall,by the way thanks for the gift xenia,although I don't know how to eat isi ewu,but am o.k with the kiss though wink,like always this update was superb and mind blowing esp.the part where they were at the beach.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Bimcious(f): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Sweetie, i guess it been long have put up a commenty. Just to say thank u. And Lot Of Loves (LOL)
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sconp: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
wow. Exciting
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by PastorOluT(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
This day exactly twelve years ago I met a lady I wished I never met!

Though I do not regret it, its even like I still love the lady (dont know for sure what I felt), bt sometimes I just wondered how my life would have turned out if I had not met her?
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by BeneO: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Pls come and update
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by VigorousV(f): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
We hav bin waitin na please come nd update
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by VigorousV(f): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Abeg na,say u neva cm bck 4rm celebration.we ar waitin o.....
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by dollydolly(f): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Xenia where are u? Pls don't disappoint us ur die hard fans. Come n continue from where u stopped Plsssss![color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
dollydolly: Xenia where are u? Pls don't disappoint us ur die hard fans. Come n continue from where u stopped Plsssss![color=#990000][/color] cry

She's done with ds story,I think it went wt d NL blast. sory
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by dollydolly(f): 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
Candis009:

She's done with ds story,I think it went wt d NL blast. sory
Oh my God! I really wish I could b briefed on what later happened. Or mayb she can repost those series/chapters.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by funmercy1(f): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Xenia darling pls,can u repost d kissis magical story 4 us ur new found fans. I love d story so much dat if I don't get 2 read it I may go mad. pls. pls. pls. pls .
kissxoxo.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
funmercy1: Xenia darling pls,can u repost d kissis magical story 4 us ur new found fans. I love d story so much dat if I don't get 2 read it I may go mad. pls. pls. pls. pls .
kissxoxo.

I hope she gets to c ur post soon cz she s d busy type n don't usually come online,xo xowie

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by dollydolly(f): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
I pray the spirit of writing drags her in here in Jrsus name.Amen.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by mtzion: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2014
If you are an author or writing a book, then you should be interested in this.

We recently launched an e-book portal where readers can purchase books both in readable form and audio. Readers who purchased the books will be able to download in formats that are compatible with Laptops, PCs, Tablets and Phones. Payments can be via ATM cards for Nigerians and Paypal for those outside Nigeria.

You as an author/writer will have access to sales real-time as they occur with activity report as they occur.

Signing up on our platform expose your books to the outside world at no cost. A biography of yourself and a link to all other books published by you. Readers who have purchased the book will also be able to drop their comments and feedback.

I encourage you to make good use of this opportunity, signing up is free while you may also opt into any of our other premium services.

We deduct an introductory fee of 30% on each sale i.e if your book is not free to cover cost of hosting, administrative expenses and other financial handling charges from the payment gateways.

Please visit http://www.bookateria.net to read our FAQ for authors and get started.

I can be reached via zion.oyemade@bilsmore.com or call 08098000160 for more info.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Xenia i really wana see d end of dis. So plsssssssssss. U know wat am begging for,ryt? God bless u with knowledge,strenght and wisdom to complete ur projects. Thanks for d lovely story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) / My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.