Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa (6889 Views)

6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist / Senator Praises GEJ For Achieving Great Things For Nigeria / Igbo And Yoruba Doing Great Things Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2008
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=114050
The success of Globacom in Benin is very important because of the far-reaching effects of telecommunications on a nation. It would be the biggest public relations coup in favour of Nigeria because every citizen of that country now looks up to Adenuga and his crew to make mobile phones available to the ordinary man. Everywhere we went, expectations were high. Even the immigration officer who stamped me out of their airport, an elderly woman, fondly described Mike Adenuga as “my husband,” and praised the “big man” from Nigeria for bringing his money to help them. Adenuga’s visit to President Yayi Boni, on the day of the highly celebrated launch, was shown repeatedly on television. It was obvious that the gangling leader was proud of his decision to invite Globacom to Benin.
All Nigerians present, including the Senate President of Nigeria, Senator David Mark, the Minister of State of Information and Communications, Ibrahim Dasuki S. Nakande, and Nigeria’s telecoms regulator, Engineer Ernest Ndukwe, gave Mike Adenuga and his team a standing ovation for demonstrating beyond doubt that great things can come out of Nigeria. It was a wonderful moment for us and for me in particular. I remember the incredible difficulties I went through while trying to establish a French office for Ovation magazine, less than three years ago. And even after scaling the preliminary huddles, I was further discouraged by the terrible treatment at the borders. I noticed some improvement this time. Better still, one can now catch Virgin Nigeria flights, three times a week to Cotonou. The journey is only twenty minutes.
Other countries would do well to open up their doors and windows of opportunities to Nigeria. [b]Nigerians can no longer be treated with disdain in African affairs. We are amongst the most educated Africans on Earth. We are adventurous and very stylish. Our professionals can compete anywhere and can never be intimidated by anyone. Nigeria is the America and China of Africa rolled into one. [/b]Never mind the facts that our narcoleptic leaders have failed to tap into our awesome potentials. Nigerians are working on how to rescue the nation from the terrible grip of selfish and extremely corrupt politicians. We’ll do well to learn a few lessons from our neighbours in Benin Republic, who threw out their traditional politicians and voted in an accomplished banker. Our future lies in the hands of the private sector.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by superman(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2008
agree but someJ JUMBO-MOBO ANALIST dnt wana hear that! they are in love with their newly aquired green card!

watch that never mind those aso-monkies, who say a nigerian cant fly if he really want. hey any more excuse, oh i forget this country need to break up, yea, u sure ha, yes we need to love eachother, yes superman agree,but here we come?

yes boycout ! nigeria dnt need hopeless comment anyway, mind yourself jare.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
Nigerians can no longer be treated with disdain in African affairs. We are amongst the most educated Africans on Earth. We are adventurous and very stylish. Our professionals can compete anywhere and can never be intimidated by anyone. Nigeria is the America and China of Africa rolled into one.
@topic: i totally agree.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2008
Glo wins Ghana’s GSM licence
By OUR REPORTERS
Monday, June 16, 2008

•Adenuga, GLO Chairman
Photo: Sun News Publishing 
More Stories on This Section

Nigeria’s national carrier and leading telecommunication network has strengthened its bid to cover the whole of West Africa by winning a GSM licence in Ghana, barely one week after successfully launching its network in Benin Republic.
Offering Glo Mobile an operating licence, Ghana’s telecommunication regulatory authority, the National Communications Authority (NCA), through a letter dated June 12, 2008 by its board of directors, congratulated Globacom on the feat, adding that it looked forward to the telecom giant’s contribution to the development of Ghana’s information and communication technology industry.

Glo Mobile management, in its reaction, expressed gratitude to the NCA for the confidence reposed in the company, promising to roll out aggressively in the country shortly.
The NCA had called for a global bid to a GSM licence in Ghana, over one and a half months ago.

After a keenly contested open technical bid, supervised by its evaluation committee, the NCA adjudged Glo Mobile as the profound leaders due to the superiority of the technical presentation, pedigree and extensive roll-out plan for Ghana.

Glo Mobile also emerged top in the commercial bid, leading to its eventual announcement as the winner of the GSM license in Ghana.
http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by texazzpete(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2008
Depilot:

Other countries would do well to open up their doors and windows of opportunities to Nigeria. [b]Nigerians can no longer be treated with disdain in African affairs. We are amongst the most educated Africans on Earth. We are adventurous and very stylish. Our professionals can compete anywhere and can never be intimidated by anyone. Nigeria is the America and China of Africa rolled into one. [/b]Never mind the facts that our narcoleptic leaders have failed to tap into our awesome potentials. Nigerians are working on how to rescue the nation from the terrible grip of selfish and extremely corrupt politicians. We’ll do well to learn a few lessons from our neighbours in Benin Republic, who threw out their traditional politicians and voted in an accomplished banker. Our future lies in the hands of the private sector.

I agree. but at the same time we are the biggest exporter of online scammers in Africa. we're known worldwide as a dishonest people. We openly praise corruption and mediocrity.

There are two sides to the coin. while we should celebrate progress, let's not get lost. There's still 98% of the work to be done.

Finally, it's clear to even the most starry eyed optimist that this generation of Nigerian youth is even more corrupt and dishonest than the elders.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by texazzpete(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
Lest i forget, how many of our professionals that can 'compete anywhere' were trained by the Nigerian system?

Instead of cavorting in glee because of Adenuga's achievements, why not ask yourself why, if your country is so wonderful, the president flies to Germany for a routine health check?
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by oldie(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2008
texazzpete:

Lest i forget, how many of our professionals that can 'compete anywhere' were trained by the Nigerian system?

Most Nigerian professionals competing everywhere, were initially trained in Nigeria

texazzpete:

I agree. but at the same time we are the biggest exporter of online scammers in Africa. we're known worldwide as a dishonest people. We openly praise corruption and mediocrity.

There are two sides to the coin. while we should celebrate progress, let's not get lost. There's still 98% of the work to be done.

Finally, it's clear to even the most starry eyed optimist that this generation of Nigerian youth is even more corrupt and dishonest than the elders.

I agree with you here.
I have discovered that some of our youth blame "self mediocrity" on others, the system and tribe!
On the other hand, there are many bright young, innovative and achieving Nigerians around!
We can always improve and there is plenty of work to be done regarding our value system and self improvement!
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by 4Play(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2008
Gloabacom itself is the product of unbridled looting on the part of Nigerian politicians. That people think we are supposed to celebrate it beggars belief.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
Gloabacom itself is the product of unbridled looting on the part of Nigerian politicians. That people think we are supposed to celebrate it beggars belief.
even if glo was put together by jesus, nigerians will still find a way to defame its accomplishment. na wa ooo.

furkup belly
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2008
I agree with you here.
I have discovered that some of our youth blame "self mediocrity" on others, the system and tribe!
On the other hand, there are many bright young, innovative and achieving Nigerians around!
We can always improve and there is plenty of work to be done regarding our value system and self improvement!
this is correct.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by superman(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
to the appologist and your white face iyawu!

easten europeans

1 smuggles a lot of guns in uk!! fact
2 alcade plenty for pakista
pedophile practice a lot by your grany
colombia drugs
china human trafficing
romanians fraud,prostitution
many many more

so why are these people so harsh with the great nigeria!! hmmm suspicious! i can only hope they forget about nigeria

losers!!!!! awhh
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2008
zomby:

even if glo was put together by jesus, nigerians will still find a way to defame its accomplishment. na wa ooo.

I will still defame Jesus if he stole the money to invest in glo. But unfortunately for you, Jesus never had such character; he never robbed Peter to pay Paul.

@topic

Good news for Nigerians who are usually OK with mediocrity. Failure is in sight as other countries might not tolerate the kind of substandard services these telecoms companies keep giving us here.
On a second thought, who knows? they might step up their game in the foreign countries as Nigerians and Nigerian companies respect foreign laws like no man's biz.

I believe that GLO would have been more effective, significant and a world class if she had first tried covering the Nigerian network efficiently.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by deor03(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2008
So far, over 100 Nigerians are working DIRECTLY on Globacom project in Benin republic. This project is small compared to the one in GHANA.
This is expected to send more than 150 Nigerians as expatriates into GHANA.

Can't we try and see thing from the Optimistic and positive view?

This is a appalling attitude to life, that is, seeing only the bad side of things.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by cre8tivity(f): 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
So far, over 100 Nigerians are working DIRECTLY on Globacom project in Benin republic. This project is small compared to the one in GHANA.
This is expected to send more than 150 Nigerians as expatriates into GHANA.

Can't we try and see thing from the Optimistic and positive view?

This is a appalling attitude to life, that is, seeing only the bad side of things.
you took this out of my mouth.

this is another sign that nigerians are the only ones killing nigerians. this is also why some of us can not prosper.
you like it or you hate it, glo is still feeding a very good percentage of nigerian professionals. it has also created hope for the ones coming out of universities.
even microsoft did not start as a perfect company. ghana and rep of ben. are looking up to us like angels and all we can do here is to discredit glo's ability to continue to make big things happen in africa.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2008
I am personally okay with Adenuga's growing biz empire, even though it is the product of unbridled looting on the part of Nigerian politicians like 4 play rightly stated.
My problem is that Nigerians have not gotten half of the services of which they pay GLO for and she (GLO) is already on her way to establishing new networks elsewhere. How am i suppose to celebrate that?

Charity they say, begins at home.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2008
lately, is there anything made in nigeria or came out of nigeria that has gotten us positive attention around africa? may be 419.
@creative
never mind nigerians, they are all used to bad news and negative attention. this is why some of them do not know how to view good things.
hopeless people who have nothing to show in-term of contributing to the development of the country, but wear the king's hat to point out what is wrong.
what are you or your family is doing to help nija?

furkup belly
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

you took this out of my mouth.

this is another sign that nigerians are the only ones killing nigerians. this is also why some of us can not prosper.
you like it or you hate it, glo is still feeding a very good percentage of nigerian professionals. it has also created hope for the ones coming out of universities.
even microsoft did not start as a perfect company. ghana and rep of ben. are looking up to us like angels and all we can do here is to discredit glo's ability to continue to make big things happen in africa.

I agree with you on microsoft, but they sure did satisfy the local consumers before venturing outside USA.

Like i said before, they will have to improve their network at home before packing their tools to another blind country. Otherwise, i dont have anything to celebrate.

Just like GHana and Benin are looking up to Glo for the services they have not paid for, so are sufferhead Nigerians looking up to GLO for the services they have paid for. Now tell me, which of these two groups deserve attention?
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by deor03(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
@nuzo
Permit me to give you an insight into the problems of telecoms and service delivery from an insiders perspective.

All over the world, Equipment are thesame, technology is thesame, personnel are also thesame. But what are the challenges in Nigeria.

1. Power supply. average operator in Nigeria has over 7,000 generators. These generator power the radio( air interface) part of GSM. This is the heart of the network. As if this is not enough, These generators are stolen DAILY from site!!!!!

2. Vandalism: It only in Nigeria that people break into fibre laid underground; because they think the content can be sold in open market. Once you break a fibre, you can imagine what happens on your transmission network

3. Right of way: Community/Omo onile are a pin in the ass. Ask anybody in the roll-out department of the big 3 in Nigeria

Permit me to stop with this three reasons. YOU can never have a good network sir. Instead of improvement, all you will be busy doing is repair after repair, optimisation to take care of service disruption;
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
My problem is that Nigerians have not gotten half of the services of which they pay GLO for and she (GLO) is already on her way to establishing new networks elsewhere. How am i suppose to celebrate that?

Charity they say, begins at home.
may be glo has decided to leave you hopeless ungrateful people alone to continue to wait for your government/ leaders to make thing happen for you.
just 10 years ago to reach people in lagos and abuja was like pulling a tooth and now dogs and goats are running around the street with mobile phone and all we can do here is to point out what glo is not doing right.
what about what glo is doing perfectly? and what have you done in your life to help nigeria?

useless people.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
@nuzo
Permit me to give you an insight into the problems of telecoms and service delivery from an insiders perspective.

All over the world, Equipment are thesame, technology is thesame, personnel are also thesame. But what are the challenges in Nigeria.

1. Power supply. average operator in Nigeria has over 7,000 generators. These generator power the radio( air interface) part of GSM. This is the heart of the network. As if this is not enough, These generators are stolen DAILY from site!!!!!

2. Vandalism: It only in Nigeria that people break into fibre laid underground; because they think the content can be sold in open market. Once you break a fibre, you can imagine what happens on your transmission network

3. Right of way: Community/Omo onile are a pin in the ass. Ask anybody in the roll-out department of the big 3 in Nigeria

Permit me to stop with this three reasons. YOU can never have a good network sir. Instead of improvement, all you will be busy doing is repair after repair, optimisation to take care of service disruption;
bless you.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by cre8tivity(f): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2008
I will still defame Jesus if he stole the money to invest in glo. But unfortunately for you, Jesus never had such character; he never robbed Peter to pay Paul.
it is always very respectful to get our facts together. just don't say things based on because he says and she says.
you need to spend time with glo boys and see how proud they are and how professional these guys operate. this is what new generation in nigeria suppose to look like, not running to china, london or anywhere. home will always be sweet. i think we should be proud of what belongs to us. to me, glo belongs to all of us and they deserve our respect.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by cre8tivity(f): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2008
zomby, take ahm easy oo.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
deor03:

@nuzo

All over the world, Equipment are thesame, technology is the same, personnel are also the same. But what are the challenges in Nigeria.

Thank you Oga deoro3 for that little insight, even though i don't totally agree with you.

I agree with you on the issue of equipments being the same, after all Nigeria does not manufacture or produce any; they are all imported. But, other countries have since left the level and abandoned some of these old equipment for a bigger game.

1. Power supply. average operator in Nigeria has over 7,000 generators. These generator power the radio( air interface) part of GSM. This is the heart of the network. As if this is not enough, These generators are stolen DAILY from site!!!!

I agree that lack of power supply seriously undermines their services, but you will be thrilled to find out the kind of profit they post after tax all as a result of fraudulently inflating their price of the air time.
As for the gens being stolen on a daily basis, is a big fat lie because they do have securities in those sites.

The fibre stuff as i was told is for another service and does not have much to do with GSM. I also know that they have not finish the installment. So, that is not a good a excuse.

Yes, that's a big problem in Nigeria, but most times, these companies quickly rush to bribe the community leaders and leaving out the real owners of the land. Now, what will you do if a company that rips you off pays no money to you for your own services.

Permit me to stop with this three reasons. YOU can never have a good network sir. Instead of improvement, all you will be busy doing is repair after repair, optimisation to take care of service disruption

With these points, one is never expected to have perfect network; but with all the rip off, one should have a network that doesn't give you HBP at least.

They can do better if they want to, but most importantly if they are well regulated by the proper government agencies.

Ese o sir.

@zomby

Your name tells more of who you are. So no point engaging in a debate with you. tongue

cre8tivity:

it is always very respectful to get our facts together. just don't say things based on because he says and she says.
you need to spend time with glo boys and see how proud they are and how professional these guys operate. this is what new generation in nigeria suppose to look like, not running to china, london or anywhere. home will always be sweet. i think we should be proud of what belongs to us. to me, glo belongs to all of us and they deserve our respect.

Facts? I sure do need a glo boy to explain to me and other nigerians the inefficiencies in their services, but i dont need a glo boy to explain to me why Nigerians dont actually get the services they pay for. The later is very simple to explain or define; it is called corperate robbery.

I do not doubt the proffessionalism and dedication of a few young men and women in GLO, but i doubt the sincerity of GLO's administratin and objectives.

Dont worry too much about me or where i am, worry for millions of capable youths roaming the streets of Nigeria.
Getting employed in big time companies like GLO is not only based on brains and marks. So, i hope you stop making it look like GLO is open for any gaddamn smart guy with good grades to work.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by deor03(m): 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2008
nuzo:

Thank you Oga deoro3 for that little insight, even though i don't totally agree with you.

I agree with you on the issue of equipments being the same, after all Nigeria does not manufacture or produce any; they are all imported. But, other countries have since left the level and abandoned some of these old equipment for a bigger game.
I agree that lack of power supply seriously undermines their services, but you will be thrilled to find out the kind of profit they post after tax all as a result of fraudulently inflating their price of the air time.
As for the gens being stolen on a daily basis, is a big fat lie because they do have securities in those sites.

The fibre stuff as i was told is for another service and does not have much to do with GSM. I also know that they have not finish the installment. So, that is not a good a excuse.

Yes, that's a big problem in Nigeria, but most times, these companies quickly rush to bribe the community leaders and leaving out the real owners of the land. Now, what will you do if a company that rips you off pays no money to you for your own services.

With these points, one is never expected to have perfect network; but with all the rip off, one should have a network that doesn't give you HBP at least.

@ nuzo,

With all due respect for your professional background, but it's obvious that you know very little about the telecommunications industry.

For all you care to know, equipment are thesame all over the world. I am telling you this from personal professional experience.

At the risk of boring you with some technical details, fibre is the one of the best ways of carring traffic ( voice,data and video). Therefore it is an important part of transmission.

Bros, in African countries, like cote'd'ivore , burkina faso, Congo democratic republic etc, you don't have to settle anybody for land. Nobody disturbs your project.

Just to let you appreciate the problem in Nigeria, GLOBACOM won licence in Benin republic september 2007, 6 month after Mubadala won licence in Nigeria.

Glo has rolled out commercially and Mubadala is yet to roll out commercially till today.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2008
deor03:

@ nuzo,

With all due respect for your professional background, but it's obvious that you know very little about the telecommunications industry.

For all you care to know, equipment are thesame all over the world. I am telling you this from personal professional experience.

At the risk of boring you with some technical details, fibre is the one of the best ways of carring traffic ( voice,data and video). Therefore it is an important part of transmission.

Bros, in African countries, like cote'd'ivore , burkina faso, Congo democratic republic etc, you don't have to settle anybody for land. Nobody disturbs your project.

Just to let you appreciate the problem in Nigeria, GLOBACOM won licence in Benin republic september 2007, 6 month after Mubadala won licence in Nigeria.

Glo has rolled out commercially and Mubadala is yet to roll out commercially till today.

I never mentioned that i was an expert in telecommunications, so there was no need acknowledging my "professionalism" in that aspect. I even made it clear that i needed a glo boy to give me a little lesson on that.
In that respect, i admit that i have very little knowledge about telecommunication, since knowing the role of fibre to GSM is what it takes to figure out why the services are so poor and fraudulent.

However, i do know for sure that the major cause of why Nigerians are being defrauded is because of the corruption and no rules and regulations guiding these corporation. One cannot also rule out ulterior motives which these companies harbour.
Otherwise, i will keep wondering why some of the gsm companies in other countries have been doing well without fibre.

Has the fibre cables been out to use so far?
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by BigB11(m): 1:07am On Jun 17, 2008
Well, I congratulate Glo on this great accomplishment and hope that the entire organization continues to glo like super stars for many many years to come. They've made the impossible possible and showed many that Africa is capable.

Without any doubt, things are not completely perfect, but nevertheless, I will never take anything away from this folks. They are incredible and represent great example for one to simulate.
Nigeria, a country where many great investment analysts through out the world have advised investors not to ever waste their money investing, they said "it's not worth the risk", but Glo continues to take crazy chance to prove them wrong.

I'm confident that Glo's products will continue to improve with time as they spread their wings all over Africa.

Glo with Pride, Glo with confidence and Glo like a super star.   wink
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by kaypumpin2(m): 1:37am On Jun 17, 2008
on a lighter note @ least glo didnt start up giving us reasons to think they are distracting Mtn .They kickstarted from where MtN was rounding off then.Unlike Hitv thats always giving one excuse or the other
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by BigB11(m): 1:52am On Jun 17, 2008
My man NUZO: yes, Glo products may not be completely perfect as yet, but could you please point out any perfect thing that ever came out of Nigeria for the past 50 years?

Also keep in mind that Glo is an organization that was established less than 6 years ago. They won their license in Republic of Benin less than 7 months ago and also recently won another license in Ghana less than 6 days ago. Please, kindly identify a single Nigerian company that could match this consistency Glo continues to exhibit on a regular?

Also keep in mind that today Glo has constantly provided job opportunities to a great percentage of Nigerian population and others all around the world. Glo recruiting crew continues to visit all major universities through out the country, sending employment signals and doing their best to prevent kids from leaving the country for China.

Finally do a quick research in China; ask any Chinese telecommunication organization to name 5 credible organizations in West Africa; I can assure you that Glo will be one of them.

If we (Nigerians) continue to kick Nigeria on a dusty floor what do you expect MSNBC to say about our people and country?
We need to learn to embrace, appreciate, have some pride on what belongs to us and stop crying like a frustrated lost ball.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by ADint(m): 2:43am On Jun 17, 2008
Glo is currently the only Made-in-Nigeria product we have in Nigeria to export. This is a Start-up company that has changed the face of communications in Nigeria in just 6 yrs - they introduced per second billing, affordable sim cards and much more - MTN were not in the least interested in these! Any other country in the world would celebrate these remarkable achievements by an indigenous player.

No douth Glo would benefit from this, but they deserve it. One is hard pressed to find any other Nigerian player of its kind in any industry internationally.

Kudos is due here and I give it with unreservedly.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2008
@BIG B1

Like i have mentioned several times in my previous posts, i have little or no choice than to be happy for Adenuga and GLO's growing empire, even though it is a product of looting on the part of Nigerian politicians(IBB and co). It is almost like the case of celebrating MKO's (ITT) biz empire in the 80s and 90s.

I am eternally grateful that the GLO has provided jobs for lots of Nigerian youths, but i also have in mind that its cheaper to pay and control these local human resources. So, they couldn't have done otherwise.
It will also be a bold move if Glo tries to release the numbers of youths they employ monthly.

I do not care what CNN or BBC says about Nigeria, so far its the truth. As you make your bed, so you will lie on it.

What I'm concerned about is that GLO should have upgraded their products and services for the millions of Nigerians customers before venturing abroad. In doing that, their credibility would be unparalled in the world scene. Charity begins at home.

I have said it before that i will never be caught dead in this blind patriotism thing. wink

FYI: majority of Nigerian in china don't do menial jobs, they are mostly business men and women.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2008
ADint:

Glo is currently the only Made-in-Nigeria product we have in Nigeria to export. This is a Start-up company that has changed the face of communications in Nigeria in just 6 years - they introduced per second billing, affordable sim cards and much more - MTN were not in the least interested in these! Any other country in the world would celebrate these remarkable achievements by an indigenous player.

No douth Glo would benefit from this, but they deserve it. One is hard pressed to find any other Nigerian player of its kind in any industry internationally.

Kudos is due here and I give it with unreservedly.

All these per second and cheap sim bla blah blah is a sham and fraud by these telecom companies. Anybody who have used or is still using any of their services; be it glo, mtn or mtel knows what am talking about.

I bet that you will also be appalled by the efficient services of mtn in their home country. A case of charity begining at home.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by BigB11(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2008
Businessman NUZO, you haven't touched any of my questions, are you scared?
If you want the muzic loud then you must be willing to dance to the muzic.

Just don't come here crying like a frustrated pussy cat, come out like a man and address my questions.
And by the way, what have you done lately for your country with your "businesses" in China?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos / The True Story Of Alleged IPOB Members Shot Dead / Residents Decry Absence Of Functioning Streetlights In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.