Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy (285935 Views)

Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? / Simple Tips To Curing Ulcer Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
hero 1st: p/s can ulcer cause back pains?

Yes! ulcer could be nasty. it causes pain to radiate to the neck , back, waist and could even cause numbness in some parts of the body when its really aggravated with the forbidden don'ts. when u have such pains, see a doctor. once the ulcer heals, the pain subsides. Wish you a sound health. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Adekaf: thanks,am tired of d pain every day gestid,ulgicid,omect amoxillin it not working,i just pray dis ur priscription will work
well just like every other medical prescription, u have to be faithful in taking this remedies regularly. Most importantly stay off all this things i listed up. it takes discipline, but its good to be in health so pay the sacrifices. always make a fresh solution of the unripe plantain every 3-4 days. wishing you the best

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by jodeci01: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice!
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by AdeniyiA(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
anoda remedy I was told works well is to slice n dry unripe plantain, then grind it to powder. then put some teaspoonful into hot water, add original honey and take first thing in d morning and last thing in the night.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by osile2012: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
ok you guys can try this.

I understand that ulcer is like a wound on your stomach walls. Now always have these around.

1, chew flax seeds often if you can find them anywhere, u can get the powdered one or chew the seeds 3 times a day.

2, take a mixture of honey and cinnamon daily

3, also look for black seeds, this will cure the ulcer from the root.

now you can take honey cinnamon black seeds flax seeds everyday. you will notice your stomach walls begin to heal and even when you take stuff like hot pepper, you wont feel the burn anymore.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
anoda remedy I was told works well is to slice n dry unripe plantain, then grind it to powder. then put some teaspoonful into hot water, add original honey and take first thing in d morning and last thing in the night.
yea. heard it works well too. Should try it one of this days..
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by greggng: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
I ve had ulcer for 7years and still leaving with it. The only approach that works for me is getting stress out of my body through exercise. If possible take ice water in the morning my neighbor told me it worked for him
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Austinio: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
My dear, it depends on d type of ulcer u hav o nd ur system o. I had it b4 now. Sm of d tins u mentioned a vry ok wt me but i wl tel u dt garri or eba is vry good 4 ulcer person bc it contains fiber.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by timijasco(m): 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
As for me, have been battling ulcer for almost 8yrs too, but in 2009 I became completely free! I have prescribed this herbal medication to many though they find it very hard to do.

What worked wonders for me is "Water Yam" known by the Ijebus of Ogun State as "Isu Ewura" use in making "ojojo" and "Ifokore".

I ate a slice of an uncooked water yam for a whole month and more (if I remember vividly) and alas! No ulcer pains again! I did also abstained from all the dos and don'ts of Ulcer patients. Try it, you'll see the magical effect. Swallowing the chewed yam maybe the hardest nut to crack, but Ʊ'll be glad Ʊ did.

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Burger01(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Still battling gastric ulcer at the moment. My meds are Ulcertret, Azigyl and Zaryl. Been at it for two months now and kind of feel relieved. But I want it cured once and never have it again, so, I would try the cure tips you listed above. My only problem is not taking peppersoup o. That's my weak point. Fresh fish and bokoto peppersoup with Amarula wine drink, Kai! It's been difficult for me to stop that combination of faajisad. Have been managing it somehow. Thank for the tips..
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Aigbekaenjossy: 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice one.I heard u get ulcer when u don't eat on time,how tru is it?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Burger01(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
^^ I also heard of frying lizard eggs. Na wa for sickness sad
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by adim2(m): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thanks a lot
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by oniconx: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
God bless the initiator of this thread and everyone else who had contributed. I saw hell with ulcer !

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Good post. And while ur on d natural remedies rmba to work on the 2 major roots of ulcer- Anger and Over-anxiety. I know sumone who was a chronic sufferer because he had a bad, persistent temper and bore d world on his mind, per say. He kissed Ulcer goodbye as he loosened up, after yrs of medication.

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Agbo2(m): 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thank u so much for this post.
I have been having ulcer for the past 9yrs now. I havce grown pot belly because I av to eat n eat. I have started press ups every morning and evening to reduce my pot belly. Pls confirm if press ups can aggravate ulcer as it appears I feel more pain after every press up session.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
zoelife1: Good post. And while ur on d natural remedies rmba to work on the 2 major roots of ulcer- Anger and Over-anxiety. I know sumone who was a chronic sufferer because he had a bad, persistent temper and bore d world on his mind, per say. He kissed Ulcer goodbye as he loosened up, after yrs of medication.
very very true. thanks
Burger01: Still battling gastric ulcer at the moment. My meds are Ulcertret, Azigyl and Zaryl. Been at it for two months now and kind of feel relieved. But I want it cured once and never have it again, so, I would try the cure tips you listed above. My only problem is not taking peppersoup o. That's my weak point. Fresh fish and bokoto peppersoup with Amarula wine drink, Kai! It's been difficult for me to stop that combination of faajisad. Have been managing it somehow. Thank for the tips..
lols, u will have to discipline yourself, a little. or make the pepper soup less peppery. i know of a family who do not any form of pepper at all, because one of the parents av had terrible ulcer attacks in time past. the whole family had to grow up not eating pepper at all. they make their stew with tomatoes and bell pepper (tatase). the dont use chili pepper (ata rodo) at all, and they are very healthy.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Cestmoi1(f): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
I do take evaporated milk back then and it works/ed like magic.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
Agbo2: Thank u so much for this post.
I have been having ulcer for the past 9yrs now. I havce grown pot belly because I av to eat n eat. I have started press ups every morning and evening to reduce my pot belly. Pls confirm if press ups can aggravate ulcer as it appears I feel more pain after every press up session.
eyah.. i would suggest u take it easy on yourself. instead of doing press ups, take plenty of water, at least 4-5 litres per day. then try other forms of exercise like walking. then dont give room for anxiety like someone as writely said. focus on living healthy, and loving yourself. it might be hard but dont focus on reducing the belly by force. you would put so much pressure on yourself and it would lead to anxiety.
take more water, more of vegetables and lots of fruits, especially apples and bananas.
all d best.. it is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by FILEBE(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dayum! @ Geeky babe. Thanks! This will sure go a long way to help ulcer patients. One of the best cure of a disease is from experience. If it works for you,it should work for others. I don't have ulcer but i'm glad that people are learning how to treat ulcers themselves. May God grant us good health and total cure of any ailment that has befallen us. AMEN.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by funnyx(m): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
@OP
If your peptic ulcer doesn't heal after several rounds of medication its because you're either taking the wrong medication or wrong combination of them.
Amoxicillin is not very effective to treat h.pylori which is the main bacteria preventing your ulcer from healing. Clarithromycin is a better alternative. A triple therapy of:
Clarithromycin 500mg twice daily
Metronidazole 400mg 3 times daily and
Omeprazole 20mg twice daily
All for 2 weeks, followed by 20mg daily dose of Omeprazole for another 2 weeks should be able to clear infection and ensure a smooth healing process.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by idrezee(m): 11:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
geeky_babe: Hi everyone, I discovered a lot of people have been asking for solutions, remedies and cure for ulcer. I have some tips and advise to give as regards that.

I have had ulcer for almost 6years now, and I can tell u its not been funny. Vomiting, stooling with blood, intense pains overnight, chronic heartburn, etc.

Recently I started a few natural remedies, and I have felt relief that I've never known in my life. And now I know that the end of ulcer is here!

There are a few things u should know. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I can tell u, they all prescribe the same things. Antacids, antibiotics(flagyl, amoxicillin, cimetidine, etc) or a combination of d two with omeprazole tablets (meprasil, rabeprazole, ulcertret, omez, etc). Some prescribe Ulcer kits. Its the same combination( pyrox combi, ulsa-kit, etc). They usually prescribe dis for 2wks or less, depending on the intensity of the pain.

I have taken all this medications a number of times, and though it may provide relief for a while, it doesn't cure the ulcer. The worst part is the adverse effects of taking this strong antibiotics(e.g flagyl) which leads to stomach pain, vomiting, dehydration, loss of appetite and all. Attimes it could get so bad that u just have to stop them. All this things av their own effects on the body, its more complex for us females as I discovered it affects my cycle attimes.

After a while, maybe a month or 2, d pain comes back and u begin the treatment again. Its crazy I tell u.

Anyways, here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know especially when pain becomes recurrent:
1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too oily meals (fried rice).
2. Stay away from spicy foods( suya, pepper soup, etc)
3. Stay away from hard. And crunchy snacks ( plantain chips, potato chips etc)
4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc). They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water instead, or drink youghurt.
5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the likes). Also don't take garri, or rough meals like eba.

Here are some healthy things you should do.
1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every morning when u wake up. Thus helps to dilute the acid your stomach may av secreted over nite.
2. Eat swallows more with draw soup, (ewedu, okro, etc less of egusi)
3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.
4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of water. It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits. Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut, walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.

I did some research online, and I found a few natural remedies.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day, in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d normal ulcer do's and donts.
2. Cabbage juice has been found to heal ulcers too. I tried it but couldn't tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should be taken instantly for best results. Don't store d juice in a fridge. It can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.
3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn't mean you should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor that's monitoring you.

Most of all, its all this things I av written require discipline. There is nothing like a peaceful mind too. Worry less, and stay stress free. Then trust God for a good health cause he is the one who gives health and peace!
I hope i have helped quite a number of people with this. Thanks. I would reply to any questions u have.
vision06: No 1)
From experience, avoid the intake of anything hot - hot tea/coffee, food, etc. Some people are addicted to a hot cup of tea/coffe first thing in the morning - just like me. I had to stop it! Avoid anything that is 'too' hot down your tommy. Take like 2 glasses of cold (not necessarily iced) water when you wake up in the morning. Drink plenty of water too during the day. Avoid anything that is 'too' hot down your tommy. I am sure you will see positive changes.

No 2)
Get unripe banana like six.
Peel them open and slice in small pieces.
Put them in a tray and sun-dry.
Once properly dried, grind to powder.
Dish a spoonful into a cup and mix it with half can of Evaporated milk..
Drink morning after breakfast and at bedtime.
You will testify in Jesus name.
u guys r d best, I mean d bestest, I'd an attack few days ago and I almost took procane in ma veins 2 commit suicide and give maself a big rest. U can't imagine how mine is, m d frail, fragile dude in ma family all tanx 2 ulcer and d last time I counted, I'v visited like 6 fed hospitals, 8 state hospitals and atleast 15 private hospitals and clinics amongst odas, did I mention seeking traditional help?, etc. Is it d bleeding, and every little mistake, u'll b damn sick. I became a nuisance cos I was often sick. I pray diz works and I'll start on it ASAP. U guys can add me up so I can b asking questions everyday. 275DEBF1........incase u aint on BBM 07031591790(watsapp). Anybody can add me if u have any useful help 2 render. I wish diz 'll come 2 an end now cos everybody wants me 2 add weight and look well and I'v been in diz 4 atleast 12years and m just 23 so whr's d fun in ma life? I need help and I need it FAST. Bless y'all.

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by dokunbam(m): 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Don't eat late in the night
Avoid hot food
Don't sleep immediately after food

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 04, 2013
I have a question. Does ucler causes one to lose weight?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by doubleking(m): 5:24am On Sep 04, 2013
Nice one
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Meegan: 5:43am On Sep 04, 2013
Austinio: My dear, it depends on d type of ulcer u hav o nd ur system o. I had it b4 now. Sm of d tins u mentioned a vry ok wt me but i wl tel u dt garri or eba is vry good 4 ulcer person bc it contains fiber.
Exactly my thoughts...it depends on d type of ulcer
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Burger01(m): 6:19am On Sep 04, 2013
chynzino: I have a question. Does ucler causes one to lose weight?
Yeah it does. When I started seeing blood in my stool I freaked out. I lost weight and felt like a piece of paper when walking. Couldn't even have the energy to drive my car. Now am OK. Added weight and don't have that paper feel anymore. I took medications, eat bit by bit, some early morning pressups, fresh fish peppersoup, bokoto soup with Amarula or Irish cream (just can't do without that). But please the peppersoup thing iis at ur own risk o.. The natural remedy I once used was to get unripped pawpaw, cut to pieces, boiled and cover for 3-4 days to make it ferment. I drink that every morning and night... Its well.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Billygee2u: 6:44am On Sep 04, 2013
chanita: YES,ulcer can be cured completely.

like how?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Billygee2u: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2013
Can ulcer makes someone very lean/thin?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Degis(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Thank you
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Billygee2u: 6:57am On Sep 04, 2013
I love your write up.May I know you GeeKy Babe?I have been suffering this ulcer years before I come to China over six year now.I have been to many hospitals here in China ,yet they can't help to cure it.I want to be contacting you for questions anytime I am confused about this tips.
Thanks and remain bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims / 8 Steps To Grow Your Edges Back Within 2 Months!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.