Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,488 members, 7,801,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy (285650 Views)

Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? / Simple Tips To Curing Ulcer Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2015
adesina1991:
Thanks OP for the mdeications u have listed but I have been battling with mine for the past 8years and what's funny enough is that it comes once a year and that once will be very brutal (like short of breath,fatigue,hearthburn,and at times dizziness) as at last year I was able to laid my hands on one herbal drugs like honey with something in powdery form and also I used palm oil also but I cannot remember what I used with the honey again and that time when I used it I was healed not until this year again and I have tried so many drugs like ulcertret,meprasil,clarithromycin to the extent of buying 9k drugs and I haven't seen any changes up till now .I know honey works for ulcer but I don't really know what to use it with.pls anybody to help ??

I don't knw exactly what you used. it might be honey and powdered unripe plantain flower.. I knw pple have used that. have u been able to find a solution?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by enyuma1: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Contumely:

What happened to me actually was that I started feeling weak continually with slight fever, all these were incessant. I took both malaria and typhoid drugs. Tests later showed I had no malaria but typhoid. It was always at 320 and 160.
I took different drugs at interval under a year yet the same test result. No improvement from the drugs equally.
Other routine tests were done including HIV at least to rule them out. Some peepe suggested that I I truly had typhoid that level that I wouldnt be walking about unaided.
The same symptoms continued. At a point I started having ulcer symptoms. I would feel thirsty after 10 mins of taking a sachet of water, meal apins and heart burns though slight.
They said occult blood was positive. I used ulcer kit then, no improvement. I have lately since been on Omeprazole alone.

I still have symptoms even as I write, including the weakness, If I climb stairs I would be breathing as though I dug ground, continues fever and slight headache.
Am confused seriously.
BTW I have seen many doctors to the point that some discount my symptoms as psychological. I don't blame them though.
Pls I'm having thesame symtoms as you quoted. Please how have you done about it? Can I please have your contact?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by SeventhMay: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2016
Ave tried the plantain thing... It worked bt when i stopped, it became worse.. I'll go back to it.. Bt lately, its been hell for me, tanx for the tips thou
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by MizyB(f): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2016
Just last week it started. I'd feel okay and relieved but shortly the pain will start again. I dnt have any heartburn, just burning sensation in my waist region towards my back and body weakness. I havent gonee to the hospital for test cos i dont have the money. After reading through ppl's experiences i found out i've had it for a long period of time, i fast alot, its an habit and ive been told to stop fasting for now. Am going to try the unriped bannana stuff but i dont think i can take this pain for 4days for the fermantation process of the plaintain. Pls what can i use to hold off the pain.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geejayjax: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
Burger01:

Lol. This thread still dey. I'm cured of the ulcer now. I drink moderately and still take my pepper soup regularly. Point to know is don't leave ur stomach empty for a longer period. Anytime I feel a pang of hunger I quickly settle my stomach with something. This way, ulcer has been a thing of the past for me.smiley
Pls, what did u use for your ulcer treatment.... Need Ur help bro
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by MizyB(f): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ulcer is gone. Thanks to God. That soaking of unripe plaintain is very effective. Closely Watch what U eat as well and 'eat in bits' in the words of my madame- geekybabe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Burger01(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
geejayjax:

Pls, what did u use for your ulcer treatment.... Need Ur help bro
Damn! I don't know the name offhand. Will try check around the house and see if I can gerrit. I think ulcertret or something . sad
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geejayjax: 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Burger01:
Damn! I don't know the name offhand. Will try check around the house and see if I can gerrit. I think ulcertret or something . sad
Abeg I dy wait
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geejayjax: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2016
geekybabe:

well just like every other medical prescription, u have to be faithful in taking this remedies regularly. Most importantly stay off all this things i listed up. it takes discipline, but its good to be in health so pay the sacrifices. always make a fresh solution of the unripe plantain every 3-4 days. wishing you the best
Will I peel the back of the banana
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
geejayjax:
Will I peel the back of the banana
yes. you peel d back of d plantain before you grate it

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by martino6000(m): 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
Done
Good day bisi
pls I am suffering from ulcer for 5 years now .I am living at Nnewi.I am very much interested in the chlorophyll and alkaline water therapy.pls kindly help sister.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by charlsecy(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
vision06:
Get unripe banana like six. Peel them open and slice in small pieces. Put them in a tray and sun-dry. Once properly dried, grind to powder. Dish a spoonful into a cup and mix it with half can of Evaporated milk.. Drink morning after breakfast and at bedtime.
Won't the milk decay?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Omoluabi16(m): 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
very brilliant.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Fingerprinter(m): 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
Vanityupnvanity:
Just a young man of 26, im also xpriencing both stomach and chest ulcer. I‘v seen several doctors, just like you they‘ve always prescribing the same omeprazole and co for me. My biggest problem with these medications is dehydration which i seriously dislike. Tnx 4 your natural remedies i‘ll try them and see. Another thing with mine is that whenever it comes up it causes palpitation which also a big problem 4 me. As i write this right now i‘m on drugs which i mentioned before.
Please did you try the natural remedies? If yes, did it work for you, if no, what did you use to cure your ulcer or are you still having it up till this moment? Please reply sir, ulcer is killing a brother! Thanks in advance!
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Janeamyy(f): 2:14am On Jul 07, 2016
I've being on this plantain water solution since last week i was diagnosed of ulcer, but i do soak the plantain seed together with the back peels. Should i discontinue soaking it with the back peels?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Janeamyy(f): 2:33am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=Nia008 post=36636498]U don't need to visit any hospital/doctor because u'll end up spending more than u earn.if u can eat just one seed of unripe plantain, do it 3-4 times a month. 2nd metho: slice 4-6 seeds of unripe plantain, soak with a clean water in a very clean container,soak it overnight, start drinking it morninh and night, before and after eating. Do this and u'll say bye bye to ulcer,u can it whatever they say u should not be eaten even when pepper is the only ingriendient in it. Waiting for feedbacks and testimonies. Remember i am a living testimonies.

I've being on plantain water solution since last week i was diagnosed of ulcer but i do soak it together with the back peel and i get instant relief after taking it. Should i discontinue soaking it with the back peel?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Fingerprinter(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=Janeamyy post=47282236][/quote] Please is the plantain solution working for you? I need to try it. I think you should always peel the back
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Janeamyy(f): 3:03am On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Fingerprinter post=47289979] Yes, it is working.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by gynny(f): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Gastritis symptoms include nausea, vomiting, etc. Gastritis explains a group of conditions with one thing in common: swelling or inflammation of the lining of the stomach. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/gastritis-symptoms-do-you-feel-burning-sensations-in-your-stomach/
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by mickool(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks so much for this info. Am going to try it.
OP my problem now is i dont even know the type of ulcer am having. Am only toldcby my doctor that i have ulcer after explaining my symptoms to him.it been hell ooo...

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by ufuoma23: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
martino6000:

Done
Good day bisi
pls I am suffering from ulcer for 5 years now .I am living at Nnewi.I am very much interested in the chlorophyll and alkaline water therapy.pls kindly help sister.
God bless you

eyaa. I use to have too but got a permanent solution since 2010. call me if u are interested. if u dont believe pls don't call. am in Benin and can waybill to any state. check my signature
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by ufuoma23: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
mickool:
Thanks so much for this info. Am going to try it.
OP my problem now is i dont even know the type of ulcer am having. Am only toldcby my doctor that i have ulcer after explaining my symptoms to him.it been hell ooo...

ulcer is either peptic or gastric. d herbal I use can work for anyone. check my signature
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by sleekyonyx(f): 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
geekybabe:
Hi everyone, I discovered a lot of people have been asking for solutions, remedies and cure for ulcer. I have some tips and advise to give as regards that.

I have had ulcer for almost 6years now, and I can tell u its not been funny. Vomiting, stooling with blood, intense pains overnight, chronic heartburn, etc.

Recently I started a few natural remedies, and I have felt relief that I've never known in my life. And now I know that the end of ulcer is here!

There are a few things u should know. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I can tell u, they all prescribe the same things. Antacids, antibiotics(flagyl, amoxicillin, cimetidine, etc) or a combination of d two with omeprazole tablets (meprasil, rabeprazole, ulcertret, omez, etc). Some prescribe Ulcer kits. Its the same combination( pyrox combi, ulsa-kit, etc). They usually prescribe dis for 2wks or less, depending on the intensity of the pain.

I have taken all this medications a number of times, and though it may provide relief for a while, it doesn't cure the ulcer. The worst part is the adverse effects of taking this strong antibiotics(e.g flagyl) which leads to stomach pain, vomiting, dehydration, loss of appetite and all. Attimes it could get so bad that u just have to stop them. All this things av their own effects on the body, its more complex for us females as I discovered it affects my cycle attimes.

After a while, maybe a month or 2, d pain comes back and u begin the treatment again. Its crazy I tell u.

Anyways, here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know especially when pain becomes recurrent:
1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too oily meals (fried rice).
2. Stay away from spicy foods( suya, pepper soup, etc)
3. Stay away from hard. And crunchy snacks ( plantain chips, potato chips etc)
4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc). They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water instead, or drink youghurt.
5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the likes). Also don't take garri, or rough meals like eba.

Here are some healthy things you should do.
1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every morning when u wake up. Thus helps to dilute the acid your stomach may av secreted over nite.
2. Eat swallows more with draw soup, (ewedu, okro, etc less of egusi)
3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.
4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of water. It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits. Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut, walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.

I did some research online, and I found a few natural remedies.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day, in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d normal ulcer do's and donts.
2. Cabbage juice has been found to heal ulcers too. I tried it but couldn't tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should be taken instantly for best results. Don't store d juice in a fridge. It can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.
3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn't mean you should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor that's monitoring you.

Most of all, its all this things I av written require discipline. There is nothing like a peaceful mind too. Worry less, and stay stress free. Then trust God for a good health cause he is the one who gives health and peace!
I hope i have helped quite a number of people with this. Thanks. I would reply to any questions u have.
I'm going to try this...I've been suffering from ulcer since 2005... wen the crisis come I feel like my whole body is on fire.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by UcheJoe(m): 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
nadine07:
Pls can ulcer cause infertility?

Normally it doesn't. But the pains, trauma, and drugs can cause hormonal dysfunction in body chemistry which in turns can cause infertility. You can contact 07089817304 for products that'll cure the ulcer and infertility problems. Cheers
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by UcheJoe(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
mhsanni:
Thanks for this wonderful piece... have had ulcer for the past 7 years so u can imagn how handy this is to me... thnxsmiley

You can contact me for a world class world first alkaline beverages that'll cure the ulcer. 07089817304
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by UcheJoe(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Vanityupnvanity:
Just a young man of 26, im also xpriencing both stomach and chest ulcer. I‘v seen several doctors, just like you they‘ve always prescribing the same omeprazole and co for me. My biggest problem with these medications is dehydration which i seriously dislike. Tnx 4 your natural remedies i‘ll try them and see. Another thing with mine is that whenever it comes up it causes palpitation which also a big problem 4 me. As i write this right now i‘m on drugs which i mentioned before.

Brother, very sorry for the situation. Kindly contact me for a natural remedies. These alkalinizes your system, fortifies your body with anti oxidants that'll quicken the healing process. 07089817304
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Ogborokiri(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
SHOULD I REMOVE THE Skin Or Siic Everything Together
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Ogborokiri(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
SHOULD I REMOVE THE Skin Of The Plantain Or Siic Everything Together
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by geekybabe(f): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ogborokiri:
SHOULD I REMOVE THE Skin Of The Plantain Or Siic Everything Together

either ways. removing d skin makes it easier for d plantain to ferment faster.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by celestialAgent(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Vanityupnvanity:
HELLO bro, pls can we dicuss the remedies you found!

I feel similar stuff, palpitation and short breath makes it even tough
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by pat077: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
For those that have use the plantain solution, like how often shld one discard the solution after fermentation. Also, can someone suffering from frequent indigestion and bloatness use it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims / 8 Steps To Grow Your Edges Back Within 2 Months!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.