Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? (7983 Views)

Did You Know: Rio Ferdinand Is Right Footed And Left Handed? / Are Left Footed Players Better?? / Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? by Elcapo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
In General there tends to be no difference, it just happens to be that there are more right-footed players that you see than left-footed so you will obviously think the left ones are more talented because you will see less bad ones. On the other hand you have to recognise that some of the best players today are left footed, it seems to be that left footed players are more talented with their strongerfoot than right footed players and that they are worse with their weak foot. I case you don't get what i am saying think of it like this, 'in the football i have seen, a left footed player is more likely to score from a free kick than a right footed player abut less likely to score with their weaker foot'. I believe an example of this is Robin Van Persie, he has scoredsome of the best goals i have ever seen (with his left foot), at the same time he has missed some of the easiest finishes (either with his right or while attempting to switch to his left). There are countless examples of players with near perfect left feet, Giggs, Messi, David Silva, Raul, A.Cole, El_capo etc.
Re: Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? by nedu2000(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
I have actually thought of dat but,left-footers are most times overwhelmingly one footed,thus their 'only' foot is usually very good,players like suker,robben,bale,raul were extremely one-footed,despite their obvious talent,right-footed players however find it easily to use their left foot as well
Examples are nedved,zidane,ronaldo ,personally if I have a choice btw 2 players of equal abilities differentiated by their favorite foot,I'll go for the right-footed one
Re: Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? by ichidodo: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lefties are freaks of nature, they are very tricky to contain because you just don't what they can pull out of their hat. Though its easier for Right players to use their weaker foot but lefties have also learnt how to use them too. The best players are lefties, the best Goalies are lefties.I 'd take Left footed player over a right one, he' d just might be next Messi, Bale, Julio Caesar, Petre Cech,Iker Cassilas etc.
Re: Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? by cahnellven: 5:18am On Sep 04, 2013
d best gks aint lefties . .buffon,courtois,neur,hart,akinvee r al right footed .and i disagree wit d asumptn dat left footed players are beta . .d best goal scorers in d history of d game r rite footed(pele,eusebio,puskas,di stefano),team RIGHT
Re: Are Left Footed Players Technically More Gifted Than Right Footed Players??? by daviflo: 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Left footed players are quite few, but very talented. take a look at the days of Diego Maradona of Argentina, Christopher Ohenhen, Felix Owolabi both of Nigeria, to present generation players like Lionel Messi, Robbie Van Persie etc. They are exceptionally gifted players but are quite few

(1) (Reply)

Allardyce Named New England Manager / Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting / Any Hope For Basketball In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.