Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. (947 Views)

Afraid Of Heights? These Are Top 5 Ways To Handle Turbulence On Flights / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Please Your Experience With Emirate Airline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by texbaba1: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
I have been having mild turbulence while flying all this while, buh i have to confess the one i experienced recently was very terrifying. i have never gotten that scared inside an aeroplane before. The weather was a bit bad, so there was rainy clouds. As the pilot inevitably plunged into the cloud, it was as if all hell was let loose. The plane was shaking, mildly swerving from side to side as if it was going to overturn. I couldnt understand why the pilot was firing the engines more as though the plane was speeding through the turbulence, this made it worse cos in the midst of it, the plane was constantly droping altitude....it was hell.Passengers were shouting; the christians were shouting Blood of Jesus, while the moslems were shouting Allah akbar...i was a bit calm but later nna mehnn i hala o. I sha knw that either Jesus or Allah, one of them must answer today o, this plane aint going down...no not today, loooolz.lo and behold, we finally got out of the turbulence and OMG! it was a harrowing experience. when we eventually landed and i got out of the plane, i ran far far away from the plane and even the airport altogether, abeg a nor fit shout.
Lets hear your own experience with turbulence mid-air.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by Vicjustice: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
tex baba: I have been having mild turbulence while flying all this while, buh i have to confess the one i experienced recently was very terrifying. i have never gotten that scared inside an aeroplane before. The weather was a bit bad, so there was rainy clouds. As the pilot inevitably plunged into the cloud, it was as if all hell was let loose. The plane was shaking, mildly swerving from side to side as if it was going to overturn. I couldnt understand why the pilot was firing the engines more as though the plane was speeding through the turbulence, this made it worse cos in the midst of it, the plane was constantly droping altitude....it was hell.Passengers were shouting; the christians were shouting Blood of Jesus, while the moslems were shouting Allah akbar...i was a bit calm but later nna mehnn i hala o. I sha knw that either Jesus or Allah, one of them must answer today o, this plane aint going down...no not today, loooolz.lo and behold, we finally got out of the turbulence and OMG! it was a harrowing experience. when we eventually landed and i got out of the plane, i ran far far away from the plane and even the airport altogether, abeg a nor fit shout.
Lets hear your own experience with turbulence mid-air.
It is normal to encounter turbulences and to experience the aircraft galloping etc, but trust me, even as frightened as you were, I believe the airplane was in normal routine, and that it wasn't in any danger whatsoever otherwise, the pilots would have notified the cabin: but as long as there was no caution announcement from the cockpit, then, it is very likely that you were never in any real danger even though the flight seemed to be rough. Relax

Note: Even at that very panicking situation, you were still as safe as you are right now that you are reading this
Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2013
All I know is that panicking during turbulence is the worse thing to do. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by olumidazz: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2013
U must have been travelling in a very small plane.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 06, 2013
olumidazz: U must have been travelling in a very small plane.

Huh ?

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
From your description it was definitely a domestic flight in naija. Una too fear.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With Fligths And Turbulence In The Cloud. by llbhuds: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hnmm... (ojo buruku esu bu omimu) bad day devil drink water.
I was returnin from budapest to stockholm and after 50min in d flight, dis god forsaken turbulence started.
First i was like nothing dey happen nd its normal, as a naija man i was acting fearless cos of d fearful chick bside me. D turbulence continued for like 5mins and d pilot announced d suspension of food nd drinks and ordered every1 to remain seated.
Nna mehn... when d pilot now announced dat d turbulence is gettin worse and hes tryin all he can to stabilise d plane. While he was sayin dis, i felt the plane dropin in alttitude and all of a sudden, oxygen mask droped , i didnt knw when i screemed ' oh jesus '.
Come see where i dey do confession of sin instanta cos i felt dat was d end because d air hostess sittin opposite me was shakin her head and her eyes were closed.
It went on for anoda 10mins and it started to reduce untill d flight was stable again.
Since dat experience, i have concluded to b callin a plane '' coffin'' cos when its closed cikena

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Plane Crashes In Lagos Airport / Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About American Visa / The Ibadan Chino And Tosin7 Didn't Know...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.