Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Death Asleep - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Death Asleep (1166 Views)

A poem for Nigeria at 52: The Giant Is Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Asleep by fankasibe: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
My name is Tayo, and this is my story.

Just a few weeks ago, around August 22nd, my birthday. I encountered a disturbing, repeating experience that makes my stomach churn when I think about it. One night, I was lying in the dark, but my body wouldn't let me sleep. I tossed and turned, eager to plunge into the peaceful silence of sleep. My eyes were drooping ever so slightly, and, as if far away, I heard the creaking of my door. Reality jerked me awake, and the growing crack of the door opening freaked me out a little. My parents were gone for a burial ceremony of a relative, and my adult sister Arinola never visited me while I was asleep, but I saw Arinola slowly inch into my room. Her eyes were closed, yet sometimes fluttered open a little. She finally made it into the darkness, holding something shiny and metalic. I could tell she was sleepwalking. As she got closer to my bed, I saw she was holding a knife.
Re: Death Asleep by fankasibe: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
It felt as if my heart had dropped in my stomach. I couldn't wake her up, because that could kill her.Instead, I slowly and quietly crawled out of my bed, and into the corner of my room. She, very slowly, got to the foot at the bed, and stood there for a while, before she stabbed the knife in the mattress. She tugged the blade out of the bed, and, very slowly, walked out of the room.
I stood at the corner of my room for a while, too paralyzed to even move, but after a few minutes, I gathered up as much courage as possible and lied on my bed, not sleeping for the whole night.(abi i don sleep?)
Re: Death Asleep by fankasibe: 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
The next morning, sister Arinola seemed her normal self, happily chatting away about her job, with no memory of that night. She told me I looked ill(shey na my fault? Make u come kill me for sleep abi?), and made me stay home from school. "handsome boy like you need a healthy sleep" she joked cheerfully. I smiled weakly, but didn't tell her I was more afraid to fall asleep at the moment than death. When she left for work, I set a kitchen timer for twenty minutes, and slept in shifts, until I heard my sister openthe door.....
Re: Death Asleep by fankasibe: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
That night, she went into my room again, this time with a kitchen skewer. She repeated this for many nights, each with a different weapon such as a fork, apair of scissors, And a scalpel. When she discovered I had been in the corner during the night, she started stabbing the wall where I stayed when she went into my room. I set up blankets and pillows in the bathtub of my bathroom and locked the door, but she discovered I slept in there too. She would repeatedly stab the bathroom door a number of times before she went back to bed. The bathroom door won't hold much longer, the holes have made it not sturdy and suddenlly the door was wide open.....slowly, calmly and dangerouslly, my elder sis walked towards me sleep-walking with a sharp kitchen knife in her right hand and a bowl of acid on her left hand.
Re: Death Asleep by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Death Asleep by AbuMikey(m): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
To be read later cool
Re: Death Asleep by timpaker(m): 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
I ain't scared
Re: Death Asleep by Ice4jez(m): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Abu Mikey: To be read later cool
madam no go finish am oh.u no how many of her stories i ve seen but dat has no end.i cant fit count
Re: Death Asleep by fankasibe: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ice4jez: madam no go finish am oh.u no how many of her stories i ve seen but dat has no end.i cant fit count
i don't get paid to write stories. it's my story, it's my style.
Re: Death Asleep by fankasibe: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
As u guyz knw me, i don't complete stories, get use to it. Anyway, thanks for reading.
Re: Death Asleep by AbuMikey(m): 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
fankasibe: As u guyz knw me, i don't complete stories, get use to it. Anyway, thanks for reading.
if I e-slap you ehn,You go faint!! cheesy

Common con finish this story jor! tongue

Abeg na,com finish am,Biko nu
Re: Death Asleep by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 04, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Love,heart Break And Betrayal(a True Life Story) / Our Husbands Have Gone Mad Again!--a Poem On By Omowunmi Ayoka / An Absolutely Ground-Breaking Video: Watch before reading Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.