Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Pilot Career - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72486 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by Rtwotwo: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2009
hi
i actually contacted wham through his e-mail to say thank you ,but just checking the forum in days now ,anyway ,am sorry about that.to everybody that has helped and will still help thanks and thanks.i actually contacted bristow but they said for now they are not sponsoring ,so i still need your help as to what i can do .thanks .
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
Hello guys

please read this story, its really inspiring. personally it gave me a new hope That I can still acheive this one and only goal of becoming a pilot, and am sure its the same for us all.

www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=15294

and by the way I think the Hero in this story is radarvector RDV read all his posts or what do you think?

And where is IYV4U? or is she already in the skys
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2009
Encouraging story. Olumide seems to be a very popular pilot. heard about him from different people.

YES WE CAN!
Re: Pilot Career by samuelk(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2009
hi wham and my fellow aspirants,my name is samuel and ive also got that age long dream of flying a plane.Right now im about completing my ND programme in a polytechnic and il like to apply straight away after my ND,so il like to keep up with the trend,a lady in my estate also introduced me to the birstow programme but i avnt got strong information about it,what she told me was to complete my ND which il be doing around august/september,and she told me that is when their application form will be out,my mail address is solafaju@yahoo.com incase you have useful information.thanks a lot
Re: Pilot Career by RDV(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2009
I think the Hero in this story is radarvector RDV

ahem, cough, cough, (blushing),

Yes O, I'm afraid its me. grin

The paper were doing a series of articles on Afro-Carribean people who have chosen non-mainstream professions. Watch out for some very impressive people to be showcased in coming issues. It was truly humbling and inspirational to see what our people are quietly acheiving in the world.

"Live the dream", and "Never give up". That should be the motto of anyone who aspires to become a pilot, as I am sure all of you here know (especially if you have read all 10 pages of this thread,, that shows you have the determination and tenacity to make it, already!!!!)

Hope you are all doing fine, and keeping the dream alive,
Re: Pilot Career by samuelk(m): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2009
Anyone with updates regarding bristow,i'm about getting the form for NAF,do you all think its a good idea?
Re: Pilot Career by Blakkice: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
I figure some of us might find this helpful  wink

http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/?source=homepage

Blakkice
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hello Samuelk,

pls mail me on whamatix@yahoo, com. Been kind of busy these days
Re: Pilot Career by mixture(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2009
Am very glad and more than excited to find this thread on this forum.
It has been my childhood dream to be a pilot but because of finance and lack of adequate information i relaxed and almost killed the dream. i even went to university to read geology, am practicing now but these days the childhood dream is coming up and its burning me up, in fact its simply eating me up. But with the stories here and similar interests, i can see light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to get more ifo and also assit all in getting more info so we can all acheive our heart desires. Cheers to all. " lets keep the hope alive".
Re: Pilot Career by ateke2(m): 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hi guys
Has anyone been contacted by Etihad Airways?
I got this mail some days back

Dear Candidate,

We are pleased to inform you that your first stage of assessment for Etihad Airways’ Cadet Pilot Programme will be held at 02.00 p.m. on 14th May, 2009 at the Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre (location map attached)

·    The assessment will last approximately 4 hours and will consist of 6 Aptitude Tests, there will be no interview.

·    Travel arrangements to the assessment location is your responsibility; Etihad Airways will not reimburse you for transportation,     visa and travel costs.

·    You should arrive up to 30 minutes prior to your confirmed time in order to register your attendance. Any late arrivals will not be included in the session, so please arrive promptly.

·    Please bring your original passport for identification purposes.

Please ensure you have read and understood the full details of the programme as listed on our website and;

·    You are aged between 18 and 26.

·    You are not currently a holder of a CPL and Frozen ATPL

·    You have an accredited secondary school diploma or higher with proven pass grades in Physics, Mathematics and English

·    If you have been assessed previously for the Cadet Pilot Program at Etihad Airways, please ensure 6 months have passed from   your final date of assessment.

·    You understand your financial responsibilities should you be successful.

Should you be UNABLE to attend the assessment please be kind enough to send us an email.

Thank you for your interest in our Cadet Pilot Program. For further information feel free to send us an email to cadetpilot@etihad.ae.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Cadet Pilot

Recruitment Team

Etihad Airways

PO Box 35566,

Abu Dhabi,

United Arab Emirates

www.etihadairways.com

The National Airline of the United Arab Emirates
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2009
Thats good. Which country is ur test taken place? Are U going?
Re: Pilot Career by ateke2(m): 6:04am On Apr 15, 2009
@wham
Johanesburg, South Africa.
The cost will determine.
Thanks fo asking.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Ateke2
My best wishes
Re: Pilot Career by samuelk(m): 6:55am On Apr 20, 2009
wham,i sent you a mail o,still awaiting your reply
Re: Pilot Career by samuelk(m): 6:55am On Apr 20, 2009
wham,i sent you a mail o,still awaiting your reply
Re: Pilot Career by Ajiwire(m): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2009
Hi guys.
Re: Pilot Career by Ajiwire(m): 12:42am On Apr 22, 2009
Reading thru this thread got d man in me inspired. Capt. RDV, PILOT 77, Wham,ivy,femo and a good number of you enviable gentle men and ladies that tried their best possible to keep this thread alive,i pray for you all, amen. I've always set my self apart to aim higher,being a pilot of either fixed wings or rotary wings have been my dreams n ambition since i was 4.i have made several effort 2 actualise it and not until i read thru this thread i got inspired and d sleeping giant in me has awaken.i have an ultimate secret solution 4 all my pilot in the making.to me,i believe success.i am stan, a b.eng holder 4m unizik.email stanzpapilo@yahoo.com pls how can i lay my hands on flight sim. My slogan 4 all rotor heads. ", D kingdom of God suffereth violence, and ONLY d violent taketh it by force". These colleges refuse 2 acknowlegde fresh minds determined 2 make d industry a better place,all of u MUST converge 2 tell our stories in d skies dis year.if you believe, say Amen.
Re: Pilot Career by Ajiwire(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2009
Reading thru this thread got d man in me inspired. Capt. RDV, PILOT 77, Wham,ivy,femo and a good number of you enviable gentle men and ladies that tried their best possible to keep this thread alive,i pray for you all, amen. I've always set my self apart to aim higher,being a pilot of either fixed wings or rotary wings have been my dreams n ambition since i was 4.i have made several effort 2 actualise it and not until i read thru this thread i got inspired and d sleeping giant in me has awaken.i have an ultimate secret solution 4 all my pilot in the making.to me,i believe success.i am stan, a b.eng holder 4m unizik.email stanzpapilo@yahoo.com pls how can i lay my hands on flight sim. My slogan 4 all rotor heads. ", D kingdom of God suffereth violence, and ONLY d violent taketh it by force". These colleges refuse 2 acknowlegde fresh minds determined 2 make d industry a better place,all of u MUST converge 2 tell our stories in d skies dis year.if you believe, say Amen.
Re: Pilot Career by AirNaija: 7:31pm On May 02, 2009
A big holla to Pilot77, Wham, femo2000, kiwi992, RDV and lots of you out there, whome I've developed a huge admiration and respect for. I've been following this thread for a while now, and certain inputs prompts nostalgic feelings in me, because i do sincerely understand the feelings of lots of the passionate individuals who pour their hearts out.

I'm proudly naija, and grew up dreaming of soaring in the skies,  I've allways find this quote bringing a smile to my face "A man who has flown before, walks with his head held up to the sky, because he knows that up there he has been, up there he will return"

Things didnt come easy for me, I made my enquiries, had numerous dissapointments, but continued to fight on, to find a place in aviation. Today i have achieved my degree in aeronautical engineering, with specialization in propulsion systems and aircraft structures, from a european university, and currently rounding up a masters in computational design and modelling in mechanical engineering, still in europe, and have been involved with several aircraft design projects, and actively participated/ing in aerospace forums and societies both as a student and as a professional.  I think the great encouragement being dolled out by the above mentioned individuals is of great value, and i'm so proud reading the words of advices, and happy to know that there are people who care, and know what they are talking about. Big ups to you guys, and keep on doing the great job.  I wont say i'm highly proficient in aviation matters, but I'll be glad to offer hints concerning any issue to anyone who needs it.

The true wings of naija will unfurl very soon, and all u passionate folks here will have a place, and soar as well!
Cheers fellas!
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2009
Hi Everyone.
Any one pls with an idea on hw to convert an ICAO equivalent license to a NIGERIAN license, a responds would be appreciated.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 7:09pm On May 15, 2009
Hey! Wheres the last post by Slyboogie?
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2009
Hi Everyone.
Any one pls with an idea on hw to convert an ICAO equivalent license to a NIGERIAN license, a responds would be appreciated.
Re: Pilot Career by sully007: 10:28pm On May 15, 2009
g
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 5:45pm On May 18, 2009
@AirNaija

Its a pleasure having U on board. Thanks for the encouraging compliments. Hoping to chat with U someday soon.

Cheers!
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 20, 2009
I am planning to go for my training in HPPL and its really expensive but i am hoping to get the funds ready by September.
I need some advise about schools that can offer cheaper fees as the ones i have seen so far on the web ranges between 188,000 and 250,000 rand.( about 3.5million naira).
i prefer to fly rotary wing due to the flexibility and less crashes as it is not too risky like an airplane.

Hope i get some threads giving me more schools with reasonable fees and also handouts
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2009
Re: Pilot Career by owopepper(m): 2:14pm On May 29, 2009
guys am really pleased with these arrangement but please how can i apply for the PPL lincencing and when can i start the training.

also where is the closest location for the training for a nigerian.
Re: Pilot Career by cdoffx(m): 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2009
pls what is the procedure to cross into the military(airforce) during youth service
Re: Pilot Career by kellyonie: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
Pls can the house provide information as regards the subject matter.i wrote the exam some times last month and am yet to hear any thing about the result.
I have a passion for the military,and also want to build a career as a pilot.

contact on this line 07033816914
Re: Pilot Career by superboi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
wham i just got mail from etihad
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2009
Hey thats nice.

Wishin U all the best man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.