Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44338 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:
Bro,start reading your sagay now!! Cover up almost everything ahead making sure u familiarize yourself with the cases cos that course is quite bulky. Try not to miss the test also,helps to gather ground
I guess you are talking of Contract.Abi?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:45am On Feb 01, 2015
Taylor184:
I guess you are talking of Contract.Abi?
yessoh,that course was a pain in my ass grin
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:
lol...kpele...What is the name of your school?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Taylor184:
lol...kpele...What is the name of your school?
unilag...u?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:
unilag...u?
UI
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:

Pain ke? I'm sure you got an "A" in it.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Jaynim:

Pain ke? I'm sure you got an "A" in it.
loool,had other As but contract was farrrrr frm it...trust me bruh...if care is not taken, dat course sabi spoil result grin
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Akosbaba(m): 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:
loool,had other As but contract was farrrrr frm it...trust me bruh...if care is not taken, dat course sabi spoil result grin
ogami,i hail o
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
lanaVello1:

What of PUL201 and PUL202?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jaynim:

What of PUL201 and PUL202?
cons and admin law are quite easy. Just know a lotta cases and know how to write 'meaningful' story. my oga akosbaba wud shed more light cheesy
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Akosbaba:
ogami,i hail o
Akosbaba!! abeg buzz me ur no for whatsapp. I remain loyal boss!! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Akosbaba(m): 1:21am On Feb 03, 2015
lanaVello1:
Akosbaba!! abeg buzz me ur no for whatsapp. I remain loyal boss!! cheesy
i see one jotter for MILD room today,the writing resemble your own.i go inbox u d number
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
Akosbaba:
i see one jotter for MILD room today,the writing resemble your own.i go inbox u d number

Ajisbaba! please help a year two boy here o.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Akosbaba(m): 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jaynim:

Ajisbaba! please help a year two boy here o.
bro sorry for the late reply,how can i be of service?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Akosbaba:
bro sorry for the late reply,how can i be of service?

Any help that'll help me get 5 A's this semester
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 10, 2015
Law of contract is one hell of a tough course. Same aplies to commercial law. Any other is a walkover

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2015
Donpuzo:
Law of contract is one hell of a tough course. Same aplies to commercial law. Any other is a walkover
The course is interesting but damn bulky...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Akosbaba(m): 5:06am On Feb 13, 2015
Jaynim:

Any help that'll help me get 5 A's this semester
that kinda help is in you already.am guessing you need tips on getting there.anyways you can reach me at harkosbaba@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Akosbaba(m): 5:08am On Feb 13, 2015
Donpuzo:
land law,equity,criminal law,Tort and even the final year courses?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
Law of Tort is quite straight forward and I was able to make A in it when I did it. Criminal law is quite bulky especially the second part which contains offences, and requires one to actually know the elements of such offences and the purnishment that goes with it. Also I did well in criminal Law with B. Equity is also quite easy though the second part(Trust) is tougher. Did well in equity though had an average in Trust (C). Land Law...YEAH that one is a tough course I must confess! Speaking for myself though. Some courses that appear easy to me may be harder to another person and vice versa
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
Donpuzo:
Law of Tort is quite straight forward and I was able to make A in it when I did it. Criminal law is quite bulky especially the second part which contains offences, and requires one to actually know the elements of such offences and the purnishment that goes with it. Also I did well in criminal Law with B. Equity is also quite easy though the second part(Trust) is tougher. Did well in equity though had an average in Trust (C). Land Law...YEAH that one is a tough course I must confess! Speaking for myself though. Some courses that appear easy to me may be harder to another person and vice versa

Are you in year four?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
Jaynim:

Are you in year four?

No bro.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
Donpuzo:

No bro.
Year five? graduated?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hi legal minds in the house.

Could have asked this question on the Government thread for UTME but I had to resolve, it is better I ask here.

Who makes Ex Post Facto Laws?.

The answer here is Attorney-General and Minister of Justice but I want to be sure, what Ex Post Facto Laws means, the body that makes it and example/s for better understanding.

Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Laws made by the Attorney-General and the Minister of Justice is/are called.

A. Temporary laws.
B. Bills of attainder.
C. Case laws.
D. Ex Post Facto laws.

Need reply ASAP.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
What are Bills of Attainder? And are they passed by the legislature?.

What is Ex Post Facto laws?.

What are Temporary laws?. Are they same thing as Delegated legislation?.

Please help a brother in need. cry
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
The Supreme Court, through its interpretations of the constitution is a

A. Protector of the state.
B. Guardian of freedom
C. Participator in the politics of the state.
D. Preserver of the status quo.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
Fembleez1:
What are Bills of Attainder? And are they passed by the legislature?.

What is Ex Post Facto laws?.

What are Temporary laws?. Are they same thing as Delegated legislation?
Uh....hello there.I'm currently doing constitutional law and I've come across ex-post facto laws and bills of attainder but not "temporary laws".. . .

A bill of attainder also known as 'legislative judgement' is the unauthorised exercise of judicial power by legislature.The legislature imposes judgements on people in this situation,which is the constitutional duty of the ordinary law courts of a country.It is against the doctrine of separation of powers.

Ex-post facto laws are laws with retroactive effects.The constitution of Nigeria in section 4(9) prohibits the National Assembly and States House of Assembly from passing ex-post facto laws.They are prevalent when there's a Military government.Decree 20 of 1984 is a good example.That's all I know.

Please help a brother in need. cry
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=Jaynim post=31370570][/quote]

Thanks much boss, I now understand.

Please, is/are the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice part or a body of the Legislature?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks much boss, I now understand.

Please, is/are the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice part or a body of the Legislature?

No,they're part of the executive
. . .in fact one person holds both offices in Nigeria,but the constitution has been amended to make it two people for the two different offices.
The Attorney general sues and is sued on behalf of the state,he is the Chief legal officer of the federation or a constituent state.
The Minister of Justice is one of the members of the presidential cabinet.He is the head of the Ministry of Justice .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fembleez1(m): 7:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Jaynim:

No,they're part of the executive
. . .in fact one person holds both offices in Nigeria,but the constitution has been amended to make it two people for the two different offices.
The Attorney general sues and is sued on behalf of the state,he is the Chief legal officer of the federation or a constituent state.
The Minister of Justice is one of the members of the presidential cabinet.He is the head of the department of Justice .

Arh!. Thanks much bro, don't know how to appreciate you enough.

Is the Attorney-General the head of the Judiciary in Nigeria or the Chief Justice of the Federation?.

I hope my questions are not too much bro, I'm just a young man willing to learn and know what I don't know. smiley
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2015
Fembleez1:

Arh!. Thanks much bro, don't know how to appreciate you enough.

Is the Attorney-General the head of the Judiciary in Nigeria or the Chief Justice of the Federation?.

I hope my questions are not too much bro, I'm just a young man willing to learn and know what I don't know. smiley

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria is the head of the Judiciary.
The Attorney general is the Chief Legal Officer,he can initiate or discontinue criminal proceedings in Nigeria,by virtue of section 174.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Helen Onyinyechi Maduakonam Graduates With First Class At LAUTECH / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.