Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students (5348 Views)

Is It True That Shell Scholarship Award Winners For The 2011/2012 Session 's Out? / Shell Scholarship Exam Information / Shell Scholarship Shorlisted Candidate List Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by Engineer1985(m): 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Universities 2012/2013 in two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
What are the study subjects?
Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
Brief scholarship description
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Scholarship is in two categories;
• the National Merit Award (NM) and
• the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 NM Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 OE Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Delta and Bayelsa (from Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government Areas) States. Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 OW Application.
How many scholarships are given out?
Several
What is the duration of award?
Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
Who is the sponsor?
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)

Can international students apply for scholarship?
No, only Nigerian undergraduate students can apply for this scholarship.
Where can scholarships be taken?
Nigerian Universities
What is scholarship application deadline?
Application Submission Deadline is Friday 30 September, 2013.
How can I apply?
All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, at www.shellnigeria.com to provide required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
• University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
• Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
• ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
• Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
Applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) are to provide scanned copies of identification letters (duly stamped and signed) from;
• The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
• The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).

http://study-domain.com/2013-shell-scholarship-application-is-open-for-nigeria-university-students/
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by jamesbridget13(f): 6:46am On Sep 05, 2013
My sis is in her 2nd yr, can she still apply?
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by Engineer1985(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
jamesbridget13: My sis is in her 2nd yr, can she still apply?
Yes, she can still apply.
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pls can someone use the waec result print out from waec website or the one from school
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Please sir after clicking on the link you provided,I was not directed to where I would provide my information,what I saw was shell advertising their scholarship scheme,no where to put my informations on their website.is it because am using a blackberry? Must I use a laptop to access the link? Or why is the form to apply not provided in the link www.shellnigeria.com ? Thanks
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by landuhelen: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2013
plz wen is shell releasin d list for dis yr
Re: 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students by starboylandkid: 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
.I need to know when the list for shortlised candidates would b released or has it already been released.is there someone u kw that has sat for the exam because i was made to understand that shell would only contact shortlisted candidates via e-mail..want to kw if they hav already done xo.

(1) (Reply)

Diploma In Catering And Hospitality Management ( OAU, Ileife, Osun State) / LASPOTECH & YABATECH Admission Forms Now Available / 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.