Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret (1516 Views)

Saraki’s Ally, Baraje Attacks APC / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects / Group Asks INEC, Army For Information On Buhari's Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by adamooye5(m): 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
The group detailed a long list of violation of the law by the Tukur-led PDP.
The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, took a dramatic twist Tuesday as the breakaway faction led by Abubakar Baraje asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to deregister the Bamanga Tukur-led PDP.
The new faction accused the Tukur-led PDP of failing to notify INEC of an amendment to the party’s constitution as required by the Nigerian constitution.
A statement of claims which the Baraje faction is taking before the Lagos High Court, also asked the court to declare Mr. Tukur an illegal chairman of the ruling party on account that his membership of the PDP was not properly approved as stipulated, after his expulsion by the National Executive Council of the PDP in 2001.
The statement said the party’s constitution was amended in 2009 to give effect to the 2012 PDP constitution. However, the group said it has found evidence that “strange clauses” which were not part of the proposed amendment were inserted into the original produced version of the 2012 constitution, and those alterations were not approved by the party convention and the National Executive Committee as required by law.
The group said those clauses rendered the current PDP constitution “forged and invalid”.
“The forged 2012 constitution was not equally filled before INEC as required by the constitution, thereby making the PDP constitution upon which the 2013 convention was held an invalid document and the outcome of that convention invalid, as it was held with no valid constitution,” the claims filed by the Baraje faction, seen by journalists, said.
“The proof of these evidence can be seen in the approved memo by the PDP NEC upon which the amendment was done in the 2012 and the original version of the PDP constitution filled with INEC will as well prove these violations.”
A spokesperson for INEC, Kayode Idowu, said there was no immediate information on the petition.
The application is the latest indication the crisis rocking the ruling party was far from over.
The Baraje faction has the support of seven governors, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and several lawmakers. They accuse the Tukur-led PDP of hijacking the party and being dictatorial.
A meeting between both sides fixed for Tuesday was postponed till September 10.
In its filing before the court and INEC, the Baraje faction of the party recalled how Mr. Tukur was fired from the party on 31 May 2001, along with seven others.
Those sacked were Bamanga Tukur, Don Etiebet, Asheik Jarma, Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, Emmanuel Ibeshi, Harry Marshal and Gbenga Olawepo.
The group cited Article 10(b) iii of the PDP 2009 constitution and Article 8(17) of the 2012 amended constitution which states that any member of the party who loses his membership by expulsion can only return to the party with the approval of the party executive at his ward, state and national levels, who shall give him a waiver.
“Since the expulsion of Bamanga Tukur in 2001, he has not complied with the above requirement of the PDP constitution, meaning that his purported participation at the 2012 convention where he was elected was a fraud and invalid, as he is not yet a member of the party,” the group said.
The Baraje faction also asked for the declaration of the August 2013 convention of the PDP as illegal based on “participation of ‘illegal delegates’, the disqualification of elected delegates by the Screening Subcommittee of the National Convention Committee, and the failure of the party to comply with the provision of Section 85(1) of the Electoral Act.
The section holds that, “a registered political party shall give INEC at least 21-day notice of any convention, congress, conference or meeting convened for the purpose of electing members of its executive committees, and other governing bodies.”
Based on the provision, the Baraje faction also claimed that since the NEC of the PDP ratified the conduct of the 2013 national convention in its meeting of August 22, and the congress took place nine days after the NEC meeting on August 31, the party has run afoul of the required 21-day notice required to inform INEC about the exercise.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144100-barajes-faction-asks-inec-deregister-tukurs-pdp-opens-partys-dirty-secrets.html

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Kanwulia: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
O TI SE O!
Baba O TI SE O!!!!!! grin

Did I not tell y'awwwwwl that the DAFTEST NIGERIANS ARE FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH? cheesy

I laugh anytime I read or hear other Nigerians call ABOKI man illiterate!!! grin

Let the games begin! kiss

1 Like

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
It's getting messier....

The factions are both going for broke and the jugular of each other.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Fkforyou(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
Smart move...am waiting to see how the other factions would respond to this.....by the way,End Time Tinz for P D....*complete the rest*
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by cumpaddre(m): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
E don dey happen.

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Cindino20(m): 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
Am nt suprised @all...political prostitutes.....

**scratches head****FP tinz grin cheesy
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by oshyno(m): 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Desperation can make one act crazy. All these just to cajole GEJ out of 2015 election. Hmm Nawa ooo.
I pity Amaechi the only alien among these guyz. I remember how these hypocritical governors schemed the then PDP chairman- Nwodo out simply bcuz he wanted to re-organize the party which invariably will take the control of the party out of the governors. He introduced online membership registration 4 d party. They raise fire n brimstone as dat will take control of d delegates out of their hands. The next thing, they cajoled GEJ into firing him just to appease them. Is good this brouhaha is happening cuz after d storm, loyal party members will stick n build a stronger PDP.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by baynix(m): 12:27am On Sep 04, 2013
oshyno: Desperation can make one act crazy. All these just to cajole GEJ out of 2015 election. Hmm Nawa ooo.
I pity Amaechi the only alien among these guyz. I remember how these hypocritical governors schemed the then PDP chairman- Nwodo out simply bcuz he wanted to re-organize the party which invariably will take the control of the party out of the governors. He introduced online membership registration 4 d party. They raise fire n brimstone as dat will take control of d delegates out of their hands. The next thing, they cajoled GEJ into firing him just to appease them. Is good this brouhaha is happening cuz after d storm, loyal party members will stick n build a stronger PDP.

BORING!! sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by 3ace(m): 4:15am On Sep 04, 2013
So, it has gotten to a stage where PDP members now watch their dirty linen outside. Okay o...we watching and waiting to see our this will end. But seriously, if these are the allegations rocking this party at this time, then the Turkur led PDP is doomed. I know that they are all thieves but why can't he just do the honorable thing for peace to reign by stepping aside? He will forever be appreciated for such action and moreover, the man don old. Wetin hin still dey find self.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2013
All is geared towards making 2015 more eventful. Notice the silence of APC, their traditional unguarded missiles has been on hold this time to forestall re-awakening of the jamboree PDP. GEJ TILL 2019.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by tmotmo: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2013
3ace: So, it has gotten to a stage where PDP members now watch their dirty linen outside. Okay o...we watching and waiting to see our this will end. But seriously, if these are the allegations rocking this party at this time, then the Turkur led PDP is doomed. I know that they are all thieves but why can't he just do the honorable thing for peace to reign by stepping aside? He will forever be appreciated for such action and moreover, the man don old. Wetin hin still dey find self.

Have you seen any "clean linen" with PDP both inside and outside?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 04, 2013
Lagos high court ke? That one jurisdiction only ends in Lagos!! It is a sheer waste of time.The only hig court that can adjudicate on tis issue is the Abuja high court where the party headquarters is and which has jurisdiction across the federation.

1 Like

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by oshyno(m): 6:24am On Sep 04, 2013
baynix:

BORING!! sad sad

Take d back seat.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 04, 2013
In the end;

Jonathan will be forced to drop 2015 or contest a primary with others

Bamanga tukur and his imposed excos will be asked to leave
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 04, 2013
blink182: In the end;

Continue dreaming!! It is your inalienable right to dream.Just remember to wake up to reality before it is too late.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by ccwizard: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Kanwulia: O TI SE O!
Baba O TI SE O!!!!!! grin

Did I not tell y'awwwwwl that the DAFTEST NIGERIANS ARE FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH? cheesy

I laugh anytime I read or hear other Nigerians call ABOKI man illiterate!!! grin

Let the games begin! kiss

Fool the DAFTEST Nigerians are in your HOUSEHOLD AND EXTENDED FAMILY.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by free2ryhme: 6:44am On Sep 04, 2013
tmotmo:

Have you seen any "clean linen" with PDP both inside and outside?? grin grin

gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Danhumprey: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2013
After the raging storm,what next? Can the ship(PDP) scale through this storm? Would it come out in one pieces or would it sink completely? The coming days would tell.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by AbuMikey(m): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Race for 2015 is getting messier.

**watching from the sidelines**
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by omenka(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2013
By the time these men are through with bros J, he'd realize what a political juvenile he is.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by egift(m): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2013
Baraje, OBJ, Atiku and Amaechi are talking Advanced Political Quantum Principles - Jonathan, Abati and Okupe are doing Kindergarten Presidency!
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 04, 2013
oshyno: Desperation can make one act crazy. All these just to cajole GEJ out of 2015 election. Hmm Nawa ooo.

Please,please, okwesilieze nwodo never wanted to organize pdp, he came to destroy it which caused many factions in the state branches of the party. Okwesilieze's rremoval is a classical good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by eagleeye2: 8:31am On Sep 04, 2013
chai...... sometimes I dey pity GEJ, sometimes I dey blame am for allowing i,diots in the name of praise singers abi special advisers to ruin things for him....... above all shepopo follow make this matter serious so.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2013
If they filed this petition at lagos high court, then the lawyer that filed it needs to be debarred.the court lacks the locus stanfi to proceed with the hearing
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by solomon111(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Lol.
Whoever expects that to happen is a moronn.
Re: Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret by Gbawe2: 9:01am On Sep 04, 2013
omenka: By the time these men are through with bros J, he'd realize what a political juvenile he is.

This is the bottom line. We can all get as emotional or as biased as we want. Ultimately, there are stages towards 2015 which involves stakeholders alone in the process that churns up candidates for Political Parties.

Many fans of GEJ can come here daily to rant as rabidly as they want but when all is said and done, and validating the notion that "democracy is a game of numbers", it will become clear Blink182 succinctly gets it right with his utterance below. I.e the choice before GEJ is that he forgets 2015 or face a primaries he will lose humiliatingly. For sensible and pragmatic folks, it is over for GEJ mainly because of his original treachery and what he sought to do to uphold that treachery. "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive".

That is why, with all the pseudo-victories of GEJ celebrated by his sycophants on NL, I have always insisted that GEJ should gain the PDP ticket and then we can talk. I stated this confidently because I know that, beyond the lies, GEJ has very scant support within the PDP itself because of how it is obvious to all members, from all corners of Nigeria, that he is a sit-tight President willing to destroy what stakeholders gain from just to get his own way. In a Party of the biggest and most desperate disciples of self-preservation, GEJ was always going to lose with his antics of trying to be the lone man standing after all others have been vanquished.

(1) (Reply)

See The Schools In Ananmbra Since Peter Obi And Ngige Were There / President Jonathan At The Flag Off Of The Azura Edo Power Plant Yesterday(Photos / In Defense Of Barcanista.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.