Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals (18808 Views)

Army Retires Brigadier-General Olajide Laleye / Arms Scandal: 10 Generals, One Colonel Face Military Panel / Nigerian Army Retires 15 Generals From Engineering School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 04, 2013
Authorities of the Nigerian Army have issued ten Major Generals letters of retirement from the force with immediate effect, with some of them expected to proceed on retirement by December this year while some have already gone.

According to Vanguard sources, those affected are those who have served the mandatory 35 years in service while others caught by age on rank in accordance with the terms and conditions of service of the armed forces have been sent on compulsory terminal leave.

Among those that have left service are Major General Lawrence Ngubane, formerly the Chief of Training and Operations, Defence Hq, Major General Babagana Mongonu. Commandant of the Training and Doctrine Command, TRADOC, Minna. Those expected to go on or before December include Major General E. E. Bassey, Chief of Policy and Plans, Army headquarters, Major General Emeka Onwuamaegbu, Commandant, Nigeria Defence Academy and an intelligence chief.

Already, Major General Isang, formerly Chief of Nigerian Army Standard and Evaluation has been posted to Defence Headquarters as Chief of Training and Operations , Major General Mohammed Abdukadir, formerly the Force Commander of AFISMA in Mali has been posted to TRADOC as the new Commandant of Training and Doctrine Command, Minna.

Vanguard gathered that more Generals especially those of the ranks of Brigadier Generals and Colonels whose age on rank have become incompatible would be given letters of retirement soon.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/army-retires-10-generals/
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by chemvic: 5:28am On Sep 04, 2013
Major General Al-mustapha might get his retirement letter sooner than anticipated....! I guess FG is playing safe....!
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 04, 2013
Na who dash mustapha General

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 04, 2013
chukwudi44: Na who dash mustapha General
there were assumptions/speculations,but he hs nt bn promoted yet

http://www.punchng.com/news/al-mustapha-not-promoted-army/
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 04, 2013
Mustapha is still a bloody major
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by DILLISH: 6:14am On Sep 04, 2013
chukwudi44: Mustapha is still a bloody major
what is your beef with almustapha, major no be bloody tin!!
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by dridowu: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2013
@least this ds lead to promotion of some officers which will indirectly lead to recruitment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by babadem2much(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2013
let them go, dis guys are busy cheating d younger ones, clear them n make room 4 younger generation
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by AustineE1: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2013
....to other Nigerians,i guess this is a fair game,since an Igbo and a Niger-Deltan are amoung those retired!Nobody is crying foul or talking about tribal agenda!!!....oh you 'victims of darkness',speak out now or remain silent forever.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 04, 2013
chemvic: Major General Al-mustapha might get his retirement letter sooner than anticipated....! I guess FG is playing safe....!

He is not a Major General...

Definitely the age on rank policy will nail him for retirement
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 04, 2013
Austine.E:
....to other Nigerians,i guess this is a fair game,since an Igbo and a Niger-Deltan are amoung those retired!Nobody is crying foul or talking about tribal agenda!!!....oh you 'victims of darkness',speak out now or remain silent forever.
and wht is d meanin of dis
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by locust01(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
End time tinZ.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by COAS2020: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
AS THE COAS2020, THEY ARE TO PROCEED TO MY OFFICE TO GET THEIR LETTERS IMMEDIATELY...
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by dgitrader(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
Austine.E:

and u r leading by example.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by abu0710102013: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by 50calibre(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nigerian army is a joke, almost anyone can become a General, once you have the right connections.

What are the credentials of these guys mentioned here, what qualified them to be Generals, Nigerian army dish out high ranks like its sandwich.

To be a general you should be experienced, rounded, disciplined, physically fit, mature, and be a master tactician, these guys are nothing but mushroom Generals.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by princemolak(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
why do we hav more hausas and igbos in d army,yorubas where ar u
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by 1MCN: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
I think this COAS Maj. Gen. Ihejirika guy is handling the NA very professionally and transparently. If only things have been done this way all along we wont have those redundant gray-haired parasites that litter organs of govt. As these clear out they create room for new promotions and recruitment down the wrung.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by lekkie073(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
50calibre: Nigerian army is a joke, almost anyone can become a General, once you have the right connections.

What are the credentials of these guys mentioned here, what qualified them to be Generals, Nigerian army dish out high ranks like its sandwich.

To be a general you should be experienced, rounded, disciplined, physically fit, mature, and be a master tactician, these guys are nothing but mushroom Generals.
Senseless comment.......numbskull angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by BKAZZ(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Damn!,so they've finally retired Emeka,but the guy chaos NDA big time,even though he's actually up to his job,but doesn't hesitate to dismiss unlucky cads

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by 1MCN: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
50calibre: Nigerian army is a joke, almost anyone can become a General, once you have the right connections.

I agree with with some parts of your expressed view, albeit its somewhat soiled with unverified extrapolation.

It's in a bid to meet the standard that you've just spoken about (which had been thrown away over the years) that the COAS insisted on the mandatory promotion exam last time. Am sure you know what happened after the results came out. In case you dont know, those who couldnt pass said he, Ihejirika, did a nepotic promotion. When the whole thing was unveiled they hid their faces in shame. I personally believe that merit must suffice. Yes. No matter who's to loss.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Kx: 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2013

Beer parlor and officers mess generals u mean.
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2013

i bet u know nothing about the nigerian army.you think they just dash us rank abi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by tellwisdom: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Retiring bad seeds
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Sagytarius(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
dmalam:
and wht is d meanin of dis
Are you new here?
Re: Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals by Mexyz(m): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Time to promote ma uncle o.....thank God, Nigerian army short service on my mind after ma undergraduate programme.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Checkout This Rice Production Factory In Nasarawa As Audu Ogbeh Visits It(pics) / My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.