Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony (7646 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University / Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by samix(m): 6:55am On Jun 26, 2008
@ Dr. Kitaun,
The last born of my family graduated from CU, he was the best student in his class and tied with the best student from accounting as the overall best student in the school. He made several dinstinctions in his Waec with 5 of them A1s which got him a scholarship from chevron. Talking about my brother, going to a public school wouldn't have deterred him from attaining what he just got. Its not just about the school its also about your person, how dedicated and serious you are. i also have a friend that finished from unilag with a first class and he's with schlumberger at the moment. CU has a very conducive environment for learning.
ITS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL DETERMINATION.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Joebo(m): 7:01am On Jun 26, 2008
Its actually unwarranted odious posts like this that makes people feel peeps from private unis don't know what obtains in the real world !  

u work in a world class organization and so what ?   were we comparing where feds and privs work for u to come brag about your work place ? na wao . . .  

later they will say we don't produce more of half-baked graduates these days  
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You guys (destructive critics) have been saying that private university grads cannot survive the real world, I make reference to the very real and present world I work in and you term my post
unwarranted odious
please brother may be you need to check your diction for the meaning of relevance and go through the whole board before posting again undecided I love the federal and state universities but that would never mean they produce better graduates and that was my point in the initial post. Success is relative and the influence of the school(s) attended, negligible. So please think through your intended post before posting and stop producing emotional reviews but factual ones cool
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fyneguy: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Dr Kitaun

Ruggedness? that's one of the nonsensical things we are fed with in Nigeria.

In GEN Y concept, it's all about your mind. You dont need a rugged mind to put things through.

I dont need to be rugged to make an impact in MTN, Celtel, Chevron, Shell, and other blue chip companies. it's all about the value I can add- and the fountain lies in how much I have appropriated over time.

If I were to work in Obasanjo farms, may be your so-called ruggedness would come to bear, hey! I dont want to work there!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fyneguy: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2008
I believe success is relative but I disagree that the kind of school doesnt count.

hello! it does. Some schools help you to discover yourself while some will make you believe you cant go beyond a certain level.

I attended 2 secondary schools. in the first, I only studied 2 days to the exam period and I passed very well, by the school standard. When I moved to the other school, I discovered the previous school had almost ruined me. I almost failed in the 1st term. Pronto! I adjusted to the new standard and that made a great difference in my life.

The truth is that the secondary school impacted even more to my life than the university did.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Tats(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
fyneguy:

I believe success is relative but I disagree that the kind of school doesnt count.

hello! it does. Some schools help you to discover yourself while some will make you believe you can't go beyond a certain level.

I attended 2 secondary schools. in the first, I only studied 2 days to the exam period and I passed very well, by the school standard. When I moved to the other school, I discovered the previous school had almost ruined me. I almost failed in the 1st term. Pronto! I adjusted to the new standard and that made a great difference in my life.

The truth is that the secondary school impacted even more to my life than the university did.

I had exact same experience. Was a "star" in my first secondary school and when I changed school after one year, I struggled to survive for a term in my new school and finally found my feet in the second term. Overall, it made a difference to what I am today. I believe that it may not have been same story if I had gone to only the first school.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by DrKitaun(m): 1:03am On Jun 27, 2008
Joebo:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You guys (destructive critics) have been saying that private university grads cannot survive the real world, I make reference to the very real and present world I work in and you term my post please brother may be you need to check your diction for the meaning of relevance and go through the whole board before posting again undecided I love the federal and state universities but that would never mean they produce better graduates and that was my point in the initial post. Success is relative and the influence of the school(s) attended, negligible. So please think through your intended post before posting and stop producing emotional reviews but factual ones cool

U still spew more bunkumery that dont make u look any smarter tongue cool

this is a forum for effing sake ! PLUS U DONT REALLY WANT ME HARANGUING U OVER UR POSTS OR DO U ?

so if any one has a dissenting opinion from urs, that person must be a DESTRUCTIVE CRITIC eh ? undecided
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by codename47(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2008
i think i agree with the fact that Nigerians are becoming too used to failure.tis been a long time that they heard of 1st class results.who can blame them when lecturers tell students that since they(the lecturers) did not get a first class then why should any student get one.
Congrats C.U. the sky is not the limit,tis the beginning.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Mustay(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2008
codename47:

i think i agree with the fact that Nigerians are becoming too used to failure.tis been a long time that they heard of 1st class results.who can blame them when lecturers tell students that since they(the lecturers) did not get a first class then why should any student get one.
Congrats C.You. the sky is not the limit,tis the beginning.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by darkey(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2008
thx to all the people who appreciate gud things and want to see such happen to every1 in naija. we wont let any body down. naija is about to change, watch out people
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Reni1: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
Its seems to me that most people who can't believe C.U produced 1st Class grad are actually 3rd class or 2-2. I am oppurtuned to be a first class of C.U, in engineering, and i know how i suffered, in school. There were times i cried because one Prof. J.C Ekeh, was unpredictable, there were time i gave up, with motivational words driving me, and the truth is that once you know the secret of sucess, then you can't fail. to be a 1st class in C.U is achieveable.
1. Treat your Mid-semester test and assignments seriously infact more serious than final exams as you have half semester load, which accounts for 40% of the entire grade in a course. Its easy to get 30 over 40 in C.A. The rest is for exams, a starts from 70, so over 60 you are looking for 40 which is just 67percent. Most people neglect the C.A and kill themselves for exam thus getting B's instead of A's.
And who said first class student should be confined to the class, i tink thats a shallow thought that should not be let to see the light of day. The only reason why i taught in school, was because i wanted more people to make first class, 2 -1 and depopulate 2-2 and 3rd class. I love solving problems which i beleive other colleagues of mine love.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Gamine(f): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2008
Ask Seun sef, His brother had First Class.
maybe they paid the lecturers for the degree with NL Money
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by samix(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2008
@Reni:

Its seems to me that most people who can't believe C.You produced 1st Class grad are actually 3rd class or 2-2. I am oppurtuned to be a first class of C.You, in engineering, and i know how i suffered, in school. There were times i cried because one Prof. J.C Ekeh, was unpredictable, there were time i gave up, with motivational words driving me, and the truth is that once you know the secret of sucess, then you can't fail. to be a 1st class in C.You is achieveable.
1. Treat your Mid-semester test and assignments seriously infact more serious than final exams as you have half semester load, which accounts for 40% of the entire grade in a course. Its easy to get 30 over 40 in C.A. The rest is for exams, a starts from 70, so over 60 you are looking for 40 which is just 67percent. Most people neglect the C.A and kill themselves for exam thus getting B's instead of A's.
And who said first class student should be confined to the class, i think thats a shallow thought that should not be let to see the light of day. The only reason why i taught in school, was because i wanted more people to make first class, 2 -1 and depopulate 2-2 and 3rd class. I love solving problems which i beleive other colleagues of mine love.

I know prof. J.C Ekeh back in Ambrose Alli Uni, i was his student then, he's a corrupt human being. i hope he didnt bring corruption(blocking) to CU as well ooo
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Gamine(f): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2008
lipsrsealed Ekeh?
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by samix(m): 7:33am On Jun 28, 2008
Gamine:

lipsrsealed Ekeh?

do u know him?
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by darkey(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2008
Gamine:

lipsrsealed Ekeh?
i second d question
i know d guy is a lot of things but corrupt?
well,
@reni
i know who u r, a fellow graduate and lover f**d
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Joebo(m): 3:12am On Jun 29, 2008
@Dr Kitaun
So you really think using words like
bunkumery
and
haranguing
makes you look smater? undecided Think again.
Having another opinion doesn't make a destructive critic, maybe you need to add to your elaborate dictionary a thesaurus to make you understand terms better. Show me any logical fact about your argument so far and I would drop the term that seems to be hurting you so much. And I think I should be the one reminding you that this is a forum and you don't have to steal the board from the originator by attacking my post with words that impress you only but rather argue with facts and forget emotions before you type. This forum has rules and one of them is to respect other members, don't insult (directly or indirectly) private university grads by your posts okay grin
Remember also to check your word bunkumery 'cause such a word exits not yet, guess you were trying to say bunkum, always learn to keep things simple, garbage for an alternate word would have been just fine Mr. smart cool
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fuzek: 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2008
roflmao @ Joebo's last post!!!

CU grads. . . .Congratulations again! Y'all have made us proud and my prayer 4 y'all is dat y'all will continue 2 be d envy of ur peers. wink smiley

@haters/''destructive'' critics . . . it takes little/ nothing to say ''Congrats''. 1st Class ''might be a biggie &worst still from a private uni esp CU'' but some made it, so wat would it cost u 2 'imagine' they deserved it afterall u dont know them all. And whether they are prepared for d real world or not, its not for you 2 decide. . . .they'l survive whicheva way innit. wink
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Gamine(f): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2008
Thanks jo, berra person
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fuzek: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2008
Gamine, ure welcome!

All this survival tactics, we all have them inside and y'all will naturally adapt & fit into it. . . . But anyway y'all r standing on the shoulder of those who have not only gone ahead but those that have succeeded with the principles they taught y'all. Trust me its better u follow ''principles with proofs'' (d likes of Papa- their principles have not fail them yet), &i want 2 believe y'all have been imparted with what is needed to succeed in life.

@all doz talking about the poor etc. . .not everyone in CU is from a rich home, some are priviledged to be on scholarships based on academic excellence
by organizations, individuals& even Bishop himself.

@all, lets celebrate success when we see/hear of it. Ur opinions honestly don't matter, in cases like dis.

1LUV!!!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by alkoholik: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
I went to a school where if u do not shake MOST of the Lecturers, they flood your result with Cs and Es. So at the end of the day, the best u can get is 2.2 or the Papa himself(pass).

So my Grads from CU. Thumbs up.
Plus some peeps are already bragging that y'all aint seen nothing yet. In their words " The 4th Convocation ceremony is gon' tear Ogun State Apart."

Therefore, still from me , , Watch out for COVENANT UNIVERSITY: 4th CONVOCATION CEREMONY.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by muyithomas(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
This one na good advert 4 CU!I mean it's encouraging and they deserve it.I wish them all the best in the matket place.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by 9ja4eva: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2008
Big time advert

Good riddance
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Doncontra(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2008
God save NIGERIA i taught d topic was about d convocation ceremony why d shift 2 talks on 20 1st class 4rm accounting?No one seems 2 be talking about d folks in d 2:2 & 3rd class category maybe they wouldn't have had a 1.0CGPA if they were 2 be graduates of u guys 'all mighty' federal & state schools. As for me i came out with a 2:1 degree from CU and an happy with dat, so all u guys who can't live with d turn out of d 1st class materials build ur own schools or better still tell ur lecturers 2 provide all relevant teaching material, give better guidance, be happy with their students success, give them their marks if they deserve it. You can then go ahead 2 beg d school authority for provision of a more conducive atmosphere for learning. Just like 9ice says "bone animosity i be d great one, Amebo e so ra yin , , , , " i think dats what i ve 2 say on behalf of my Alma Mater.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by lipsy(f): 1:47am On Aug 01, 2008
lol, na wa o.
the beef for c.u is just 2 much. Nigerians dont like good things, at all.
All my fellow Eagles CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Gamine(f): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2008
Thanks o
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by bullicom: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2008
most covenat university graduates pass the ican exams. to get a first in covenant isn't yam and beans. but what do u expect all they do is read and go for spiritual programmes. no clubbing so they still got their brains intact. please let the beef stop if u want a first class u cud go read for one in cu. that's if u are not presently above 20. haha cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2022 UTME JAMB Slip: How To Print Examination Notification Slip / PICS: When You Smoke A NAFDAC Approved Weed Before Exam / How To Apply For Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Awards 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.