Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader (9989 Views)

Beneficial Words From Ibn Qayyim / Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / Why We (Shia Muslims) Dislike Umar Ibn Alkhattab And He Is No Golden Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pmc01(m): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2013
Esthikar Khan:

A Committed Father, and Obedient Children
One night Umar bn AlKhattab called all his children
and addressed them thus: “I know you do not know
why I have called upon you this night. Some of you
may be thinking: our father is now Ameerul
Mumineen and we are his children. So, when any of
you goes about his business, he would expect
people to give him priority. I want you to know that
your father used to tend to his father’s camels,
and that his father used to ill-treat him and beat
him up. Your father used to collect firewood for his
aunts and they would give him a handful of dates.
Our clan, Adiy, were not of any distinction in
Quraysh. They were well below other clans such as
Abd Manaf, Makhzoom, and Jumah. God Has
elevated us by Islam and by submission to Him
alone. People will now look at you just as bird
looks at meat. If you come to grab it, they will grab
with you, and if you refrain, they refrain. If I issue
an order prohibiting something on people, then you
must be the first to refrain from it. By God, if any
one of you is brought to me, having done what I
have ordered people to refrain, I will double his
punishment because of his relation to me. Until one
of you will say: how I wish our father has not
assumed the leadership of the Muslim state, so
that we would be like any other person. Do you
understand what I have said?” They all answered,
“Yes.”

47 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by maclatunji: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2013
^I subscribe to the teaching, it is a worthy one to imbibe.

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by 247notire(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
This made fp seun? Nawa o.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by pelhurmy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
charity begins at home......

c y'all later...
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
smiley
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by chakula: 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
He is worthy to emulate from his leadership style. May Allah swt guide us to the right path ameen.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Opey4luv(m): 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sometimes you hear good, sometimes ugly stories,be it repressed or revealed, debunked or exposed, ridiculed or exaggerated countless times – depending on different point of views of islamic scholars, whether they are “apologists” or “critics”. What on earth is the essence of Islam.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by apacheguy: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
The shia will alwayz cook up falacy & blasphemy against all the sahabas of the prophet except Ali's household, so one shouldnt b surprised wt such a write-up against d personalty of this khalif, whom d prophet said if there would be anoda prophet afta him, it will b Umar bn Khattab...
Rafidi :
[b]just for info and to set the records straight,Umar Ibn al-Khattab-the second sunni caliph-is a controversial figure.he is very much disliked by Shia Muslims and even hated and cursed.he is seen as the primary figure who spearheaded the coup at saqifa banu saeda to usurp the caliphate from Imam Ali (as).he is also disliked because of the pain he caused Prophet Muhammad (sa) in the Event of Pen and Paper while the Prophet (sa) was on his deathbed,in which he insulted and disobeyed the Prophet (sa).he alongside abu bakr also refused the Prophet's (sa) order that they join the army of Usama Ibn Zaid (ra).worse,Shia remember him as the head of the gang that assaulted the house of Lady Fatima (as),daughter of Prophet Muhammad (sa),in a bid to force her husband,Imam Ali (as),and those taking asylum in her house pay allegiance to abu bakr.

next time,people should be mindful of those they praise so others too don't feel offended.i wouldn't have found the need to restate these facts or contend on the personality of Umar-by and large a controversial figure-if someone had not opened a thread to praise him in total disregard of differing views.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by U09ce: 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rafidi :
[b]just for info and to set the records straight,Umar Ibn al-Khattab-the second sunni caliph-is a controversial figure.he is very much disliked by Shia Muslims and even hated and cursed.he is seen as the primary figure who spearheaded the coup at saqifa banu saeda to usurp the caliphate from Imam Ali (as).he is also disliked because of the pain he caused Prophet Muhammad (sa) in the Event of Pen and Paper while the Prophet (sa) was on his deathbed,in which he insulted and disobeyed the Prophet (sa).he alongside abu bakr also refused the Prophet's (sa) order that they join the army of Usama Ibn Zaid (ra).worse,Shia remember him as the head of the gang that assaulted the house of Lady Fatima (as),daughter of Prophet Muhammad (sa),in a bid to force her husband,Imam Ali (as),and those taking asylum in her house pay allegiance to abu bakr.

next time,people should be mindful of those they praise so others too don't feel offended.i wouldn't have found the need to restate these facts or contend on the personality of Umar-by and large a controversial figure-if someone had not opened a thread to praise him in total disregard of differing views.[/b]
Someone who gave his daughter's (Hafsah) hand in marriage to the Prophet (SAW), and you accuse him of such? May Allah guide us aright. Amin

8 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by abu0710102013: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
@
rafidi Ali(ra) was quoted to ve said at the burial of umar that
Abubakr and umar were greater than him. Your brain is very intoxicated
with this jewish ideology that poisoned the heart of some muslims. By
the way good writeup my brother keep it up

4 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by AtbuAbdul(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rafidi :

U r jst beeing d shiite dat u r, u dont hav any ryt 2 set any record 4 any body -bloody lier!

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by mamdanju: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
U09ce:
Someone who gave his daughter's (Hafsah) hand in marriage to the Prophet (SAW), and you accuse him of such? May Allah guide us aright. Amin

And even Ali (RA) gave his daughter to Umar (RA). What would Shias not do to spread their falsehood on the companions of the prophet (SAW), a generation which Allah has attested to their excellence in several verses in the Quran.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by zaboy: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rafidi :

Shias hate everyone of the sahabas, but Ali (RA)...some of them even go as far as claiming that Ali was supposed to be the final prophet and not Muhammad (PBUH). Umar witnessed Badr, and together with Abubakar, a father in-law of the prophet. They are also buried beside the prophet till the last day. Ali even went as far as name two of his kids Abubakar and Umar, so obviously,he doesnt hate or despise them...so keep on hating on Umar, we will keep on loving and respecting him together with the rest of the sahabas.

4 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Souljaboi1: 12:32am On Sep 05, 2013
pmc01: Esthikar Khan:

A Committed Father, and Obedient Children
One night Umar bn AlKhattab called all his children
and addressed them thus: “I know you do not know
why I have called upon you this night. Some of you
may be thinking: our father is now Ameerul
Mumineen and we are his children.

As salaam alaykum

Ameeru Nisaa, how are you doing ? I really miss you, please do return soon.

My regards to Sis "Ghiyaasah"... grin grin grin
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 05, 2013
so the point of argument of the video is if Umar ibn Khattab was already promised paradise and sincere to the faith of Islam, why was he concerned about being one of the 12 hypocrites. is that about right?

i dont mind the question. but such question should come from ignorant people either by virtue of disbelief, or weak iman of lack of knowledge probably not considering the khadrah of Allah.

will Allah allow hypocrite or hypocrites to touch or greater still be buried next to His Beloved Prophet [SA]? absolutely not because Allah says He is not shy while the prophet [SA].

we can't say that after Allah did not expose the hypocrites because the one who is entrusted with the secret of their persons was given strict instructions not to attend their janazah prayers.

only arrogant soul will be worried about his end. and if he is aware of 'litmus test' will not be concerned if he is not a possible candidate to fail. this is self cautioning or self correcting [both a Mercy from Allah].

i am sure this argument against Umar [RA} is similar to the argument in a greater degree that the disbelievers have against the prophet [SA] about asking for forgiveness, as Allah had commanded him.

when you ask them to provide the sin worthy of the Noble Soul [SA] being commanded to seek forgiveness, even as they know that future sin is not yet committed, but he must seek forgiveness for it, anyways, the disbelievers can not give you a single one. when God chose a prophet [as] do the disbelievers think that Allah has not forgiven him, not cleansed him of his previous sins as He did of Moses [AS] killing the disputing man with a man from his people, changed his patterns against sinfulness to non sinfulness of major sins, instead keeps him as sinful and disobedient?

this is ignorance of faith and arrogance of self assurance. God loves the humble, those who fear Him in spite of their righteousness. it is Quran that the accused sahabah [RA] participated in that leads to righteousness and same Quran that leads many to disbelief. Allah couldn't have allowed the top companions [RA] to be hypocrites [real disbelievers], except a handful and just those who shared blood with the prophet [SA], especially when Islam is not a hashimi or quraishi or makkan or arab religion but religion chosen for mankind from Adam [AS] at the beginning through the end of time.

I am grateful that my life has not ended yet. i will continue to struggle and hopefully die on the pattern of humility, humbleness to God, in full submission to Him.

i pray this prayer to all muslims that we change our ways and be from those guided on the straight path. amin.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by briliantsak(m): 5:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Rafidi :

i jst dnt like argument . Lol...shia Do u knw d virtue of umar at all? Let me give u the excuse that u didnt knw wu umar is.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by mmmustapha(m): 5:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Tanx 4 d enlighten, may Allah reward u
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by makzeze: 6:10am On Sep 05, 2013
0:22pm On Sep 04
just for info and to set the records straight,Umar Ibn al-
Khattab-the second sunni caliph-is a controversial
figure.he is very much disliked by Shia Muslims and even
hated and cursed.he is seen as the primary figure who
spearheaded the coup at saqifa banu saeda to usurp the
caliphate from Imam Ali (as).he is also disliked because of
the pain he caused Prophet Muhammad (sa) in the Event of
Pen and Paper while the Prophet (sa) was on his
deathbed,in which he insulted and disobeyed the Prophet
(sa).he alongside abu bakr also refused the Prophet's (sa)
order that they join the army of Usama Ibn Zaid
(ra).worse,Shia remember him as the head of the gang that
assaulted the house of Lady Fatima (as) ,daughter of
Prophet Muhammad (sa),in a bid to force her
husband,Imam Ali (as),and those taking asylum in her
house pay allegiance to abu bakr.
next time,people should be mindful of those they praise so
others too don't feel offended.i wouldn't have found the
need to restate these facts or contend on the personality of
Umar-by and large a controversial figure-if someone had
not opened a thread to praise him in total disregard of
differing

SUBAHANALLAH, WAYYAZUBILLAH! Shia are ignorant of Islam. may God guide you to the right path. Ameen
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by tintingz(m): 6:12am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't understand all these shia jokers...always looking for false stories to paint the Prophet's Sahaba(companions) in bad color undecided

What is the different between the shias and the zionist mongers...I thank Allah(swt) I'm a muslim(no sect tag) not in any sect that promotes hatred to fellow muslims.

May Allah guide us.

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by AbdH: 6:44am On Sep 05, 2013
Ranks007: Sometimes you hear good, sometimes ugly stories,be it repressed or revealed, debunked or exposed, ridiculed or exaggerated countless times – depending on different point of views of islamic scholars, whether they are “apologists” or “critics”. What on earth is the essence of Islam.
Its essence is that there is hardly an assurance for man of making paradise without it for men were created just to practise Islam. I pray Allah guides you aright.
Re: Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader by Mccullum: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2013
good to emulate his style of leadership...(Umar) RA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan 2019: NSCIA Releases 30 Contact Details For Moon-sighting Notice – FULL / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. / Summary Of Things That Can Throw A Muslim Out Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.